Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fabulous Rarity.

Swoop

I've had a bit of spare time on my hands lately, so I decided to have a shot at drawing Rarity. This was originally going to be a speed-paint of sorts, however I didn't have enough time to draw the entire image in one sitting, so instead I just put this together in sections, adding details whenever I found a moment to spare. All up it took me around two and a half hours give or take, using Photoshop and a laptop touchpad.

It took me a couple of shots to get her mane right, and there's a few shading issues here and there, but overall I'm happy with how it turned out. Any constructive criticisms, pedantic or otherwise, would be appreciated.

• Brohoof 17

Awesome work there swoop!

You need to draw more stuff, where else can I see some of your art? I know think you drew your avatar, but is there anythink else?

That, with a touchpad? Dear lord, Swoop. You are a monster. Of awesome.

The only issue I find with it is the slightly jagged and irregular outlines, but seriously... this is fantastic. I love your shading on the gem on her tiara. And the style of this drawing. It is very anatomically correct for a pony.The fact that you managed to do her tail so accurately... when it's such a bitch to draw... impressive. Although I guess I did find another little mistake... the horn doesn't really look attached to the forehead due to the outline and funky shading there. Also, the curl on the end of her tail is a little flat.

• Brohoof 1

Awesome work there swoop!

You need to draw more stuff, where else can I see some of your art? I know think you drew your avatar, but is there anythink else?

As a personal preference, I tend not to post much of my older pony related art on the web. While I do have a DeviantArt account, at the moment I've wiped it clean, but I'll be filling it soon as I make some newer and better works. I'll most likely be posting anything I happen to create here too. Oh, and the Avatar's mine too. ^^

• Brohoof 1

That, with a touchpad? Dear lord, Swoop. You are a monster. Of awesome.

The only issue I find with it is the slightly jagged and irregular outlines, but seriously... this is fantastic. I love your shading on the gem on her tiara. And the style of this drawing. It is very anatomically correct for a pony.The fact that you managed to do her tail so accurately... when it's such a bitch to draw... impressive. Although I guess I did find another little mistake... the horn doesn't really look attached to the forehead due to the outline and funky shading there. Also, the curl on the end of her tail is a little flat.

Thanks for the detailed feedback! I can agree with you about the horn; the more I look at it, the more appears to be fastened onto to the forehead, rather than being part of the head itself. I'll see if I can make the connection look more genuine next time I draw a unicorn. As for the tail and rough strokes, I think that was just laziness on my behalf; I think I need to double check my work before deeming it complete. :P

Wow! Very origional drawing style. The only constructive criticism I can say is that her cutie mark looks a bit... out of the same method used to draw the rest of her. Overall, very, VERY nice!

I've had a bit of spare time on my hands lately, so I decided to have a shot at drawing Rarity. This was originally going to be a speed-paint of sorts, however I didn't have enough time to draw the entire image in one sitting, so instead I just put this together in sections, adding details whenever I found a moment to spare. All up it took me around two and a half hours give or take, using photoshop and a laptop touchpad.

Click image for full size: (warning: It's large!)

Posted Image

It took me a couple of shots to get her mane right, and there's a few shading issues here and there, but overall I'm happy with how it turned out. Any constructive criticisms, pedantic or otherwise, would be appreciated.

makez me an avatarz out of it sumpony

I wud B verrry grate-ful

plz and thnx u

:)

I've had a bit of spare time on my hands lately, so I decided to have a shot at drawing Rarity. This was originally going to be a speed-paint of sorts, however I didn't have enough time to draw the entire image in one sitting, so instead I just put this together in sections, adding details whenever I found a moment to spare. All up it took me around two and a half hours give or take, using photoshop and a laptop touchpad.

Click image for full size: (warning: It's large!)

Posted Image

This is why Rarity is fabulous.