Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Hunger Games - MLP Version - Sign Ups [CLOSED]

Imagine

Sooooo about the combat system, I still don't know how that works

Can someone explain it to me please?

You're not alone. I don't get it either. Someone just think of a quick combat system so we can get started,

Character 1 Rolled 41

Character 2 Rolled 29

Character 1 Rolled 50, Character 2 has taken 50 Hitpoints (50/100)

I mean, two (or more) characters roll, the highest roll decides to attack or flee (We could add more), you can only attack one target.

For example

Character 1 Rolled 60

Character 2 Rolled 76

Character 3 Rolled 12

Character 2 Rolled 32, Character 1 has taken 32 Hitpoints (68/100)

or 

Character 1 Rolled 60

Character 2 Rolled 76

Character 3 Rolled 12

Character 2 flee'd from the battle

(Battle continues)

I just don't know what to think about

(Anyways, I'm too sleepy to keep talking about this, I hope we can start soon)

Edited by Wheatley

Really sorry for the late post. Steel will have a lance (and his magic, if it's ok). I'd also like to fly, grab something, and just fly at a full out tilt to the nearest shelter area.

And he can ally with anyone, though hes a suspicious bucker.

I have an idea on how this could go down.

First we do all the pre-fighting stuff, interviews and what not, then we get down to the game.

For my idea to work we need someone to be the game master. Every 24 hours is when a turn happens. Before the deadline everyone must tell the game master what they want to do. This way we keep our actions and strategies private from one another. Everyone gets to move a random number of squares. We're all on a grid and when two or more players end up on the same square then we have the chance to attack, avoid, or try to form an alliance. Each square may contain items to use, or traps sent out by the game makers to kill us.

We'd need to work out a skill system and have everyone distribute a certain number of points to each skill. I want to think up more but I need to get some sleep for tomorrow. Feel free to play around with this idea.

Allow me to offer my services as a GM.  I used to GM/DM White Wolf and D&D games, have a good understanding of how different systems work and how they work in different situations.  For this particular game we could run a modified GURPS system that is driven more by story than just pure stats.  Don't get me wrong, I won't go against a character getting slaughtered if the numbers add up for the sake of story, but I think for this game we don't need to turn into a blood-stained spreadsheet.

Here's my proposal:  I will simplify some character sheets and keep track of everyone's character.  Everyone make in depth introduction posts for their characters that shows a tiny bit of daily life and their personality and then follow up with their Reaping Day.  At this point, it should be casual RPing like interactions with fellow tributes on the train, your mentor giving you advice, etc until the Game Master calls the Parade of Tributes which will take the thread into a more structured form for training.

During training, we will fill in the remaining slots on your character sheets such as learned skills and special attacks.  At the end of training, we can go back to the OOC thread just to confirm we are happy with our choices and then we can start the Games.

As convoluted as that sounds, I think the story will flow naturally with how the stats for your characters will fill out.  We'll keep the number crunching simple and won't leave a bunch of room for super special attacks or having maxed out attributes or skills.

What do you think?

• Brohoof 2

This sounds great! Ooh I can't wait to RP! :D I've just thought - is there a rule like 'no flying and no magic'? Because Earth ponies will sorta be left behind a bit... :P

~MojoDash

This sounds great! Ooh I can't wait to RP! biggrin.png I've just thought - is there a rule like 'no flying and no magic'? Because Earth ponies will sorta be left behind a bit... tongue.png

~MojoDash

Flying and magic within reason, I'd say.  There are ways to balance such things.  If a unicorn wanted to have a magic missile attack as one of their skills, they would need a higher intelligence rating, possibly meaning lower strength.  They would also fill one of their skill slots with the magic attack, forfeiting something else.  I could totally see an earth pony taking on a unicorn and have it be fair.

As for flying,same kind of balance.  A pegasus would have to use a turn to fly so she wouldn't be able to attack the same turn.  She might be quicker but she'd be weaker and die more easily from a successful attack by an opponent.

• Brohoof 1

Flying and magic within reason, I'd say.  There are ways to balance such things.  If a unicorn wanted to have a magic missile attack as one of their skills, they would need a higher intelligence rating, possibly meaning lower strength.  They would also fill one of their skill slots with the magic attack, forfeiting something else.  I could totally see an earth pony taking on a unicorn and have it be fair.

As for flying,same kind of balance.  A pegasus would have to use a turn to fly so she wouldn't be able to attack the same turn.  She might be quicker but she'd be weaker and die more easily from a successful attack by an opponent.

Not to mention there could be traps aimed at pegasi or unicorns. Razor wire in the air, magic-seeking knives...

True, true. It would make it a bit different then conventional mlp, where a unicorn can turn into a magic minigun and a pegasus can turn into a bolt of lightning. 

For example, my charachter is an enchanter pegasi. He could have lower flying speed and dimmed down magic because of the fighting dome itself, what say? We technically are fighting in a technologically advanced world.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/56799-mlp-hunger-games/

Here's your link, Mojo. The sooner you post, the sooner we can get on the train to the place where we're all gonna die, so... no biggie...

Also, guys, there appear to be some ponies who haven't posted anything in a long time. What shall we do? I personally don't want to leave them behind, but I also want to advance the story.

Quick question, is there a plan for how this is going to play out? Is there a system set up, because it's time for training and impressing the judges. Who's going to give us our scores?

Umm... thats a pretty good question. How about we all judge ones OC, 5 selected OCs and when your OC comes up you switch with someone else? Also no one would be able to judge there own character for bias issues. Basically the game maker would be anony-pony/

I offered, got some brohoofs, but nobody's actually said they want me to GM, so I'm not going to hijack someone else's thread without permission.  It's whatever ya'll wanna do.