Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just a hobby, you say? Well, let me be one to say, you have a lot of talent there, with a passion to fortify with. You could really make a life out of this!

you think so? i mean i try to sell the art but nobody ever buys and i keep thinking that maybe it was something i did wrong or some thing wrong with me... idk

• Brohoof 1

you think so? i mean i try to sell the art but nobody ever buys and i keep thinking that maybe it was something i did wrong or some thing wrong with me... idk

Do you try to get yourself known? Many people can be quite picky over whom they spend their bits over, so it's only by having a good level of reputation and traffic that you could hope to gain commissions. I recommend using DA to do commissions and such, as it is where the bulk of interested people are. If you advertise here, or on any other location, link to DA(or whatever main source you choose) so everything is in the one location, and people don't need to worry about finding all five different locations for specific things.

Never advertise on other artist's works, but make sure to get your art out there. I'm quite fond of DA, due to the whole idea of Groups. I have a large bank of groups to submit my art into, and ensure it gets as much publicity as it can. If people want to see it, they'll follow the thumbnail.

• Brohoof 1

that is amazing, seriously :D. My first thought was: that has to be digital, for that amount of different tones of grey and detail, but...

really gorgeous work, and Akoura is right, you could for sure sell drawings... too bad quite a bit of luck has to be there to get the attention to become a famous artist, though you deserve it!

• Brohoof 1

That's a really epic picture! I really wish I could draw as well as you but that could be down to practice as I have only recently stated drawing myself (like 3 days now :P). The hair and the shading was the cherry on the cake for me. If you were able to do my OC I would love it, but not sure if I have enough for you to base it off, plus only if you have time of course :P

Do you try to get yourself known? Many people can be quite picky over whom they spend their bits over, so it's only by having a good level of reputation and traffic that you could hope to gain commissions. I recommend using DA to do commissions and such, as it is where the bulk of interested people are. If you advertise here, or on any other location, link to DA(or whatever main source you choose) so everything is in the one location, and people don't need to worry about finding all five different locations for specific things.

Never advertise on other artist's works, but make sure to get your art out there. I'm quite fond of DA, due to the whole idea of Groups. I have a large bank of groups to submit my art into, and ensure it gets as much publicity as it can. If people want to see it, they'll follow the thumbnail.

ive tried at da and i even posted my luna there too- only four people commented there, seriously  and ive really had no luck elsewhere. i could try putting my stuff into the groups but i just don't think im good enough-

ive tried at da and i even posted my luna there too- only four people commented there, seriously  and ive really had no luck elsewhere. i could try putting my stuff into the groups but i just don't think im good enough-

After you've done all you can, all you can further do is wait. Only in time will you start to truly build an effective reputation.

But know this, and use it to your advantage. People like to be a part of things. Talk to your watchers. Ask them to recommend things. Let them get involved in your ventures and become a part of your profile as an artist.

Most of all; make them like you. Sure, people like to look at art others have made. But nothing feels better than feeling included in it's creation. If you entertain the people, they'll talk about you.

how about equestria daily, I admit, I don´t know much about this site, but it appeared to be quite a big name (or maybe I´m completely wrong). And I don´t even klnow if you can just submit your art there, so nevermind, probably...

• Brohoof 1

how about equestria daily, I admit, I don´t know much about this site, but it appeared to be quite a big name (or maybe I´m completely wrong). And I don´t even klnow if you can just submit your art there, so nevermind, probably...

ive herd of it- and that might be the solution but i havn't even been there myself so i really wouldn't know and then chances are i might have to be a member to submit my work

After you've done all you can, all you can further do is wait. Only in time will you start to truly build an effective reputation.

But know this, and use it to your advantage. People like to be a part of things. Talk to your watchers. Ask them to recommend things. Let them get involved in your ventures and become a part of your profile as an artist.

Most of all; make them like you. Sure, people like to look at art others have made. But nothing feels better than feeling included in it's creation. If you entertain the people, they'll talk about you.

but how do i make others included into my stuff i mean, i can talk for hours at a time and fun things like that but what would i have to do?

I love this drawing and luna as well and i am surprised you cuite mark is'nt drawing because this is amazing and very well done

hahah the tail of the dragon is a paint brush lol had to include some part of my artisticness into my oc right? haha thank you very much!

• Brohoof 1

ive herd of it- and that might be the solution but i havn't even been there myself so i really wouldn't know and then chances are i might have to be a member to submit my work

but how do i make others included into my stuff i mean, i can talk for hours at a time and fun things like that but what would i have to do?

I know other artists from here getting their work quite a bit famous (with the help of this site), and why not just try... going out can only result in something good, can it?

• Brohoof 1

EqD is a brilliant way of getting yourself known. Try get into their daily/weekly Drawfriend segments.

With DA, involving people is easy. Write journals about yourself, your art, where you're going, where people think you should go - all that kind of stuff.
Make polls. Ask your watchers who they'd like to see drawn, and what they'd like to see done/improved.

I know other artists from here getting their work quite a bit famous (with the help of this site), and why not just try... going out can only result in something good, can it?

i guess i could try- i don't see how there could be any harm in that right? i guess you don't know till ya try right? haha. eight six nine:)

EqD is a brilliant way of getting yourself known. Try get into their daily/weekly Drawfriend segments.

With DA, involving people is easy. Write journals about yourself, your art, where you're going, where people think you should go - all that kind of stuff.

Make polls. Ask your watchers who they'd like to see drawn, and what they'd like to see done/improved.

thats sounds like a good plan to put together. maybe if i do that then i 'll be one step closer to being as awesome as the other ponies in this world eh?

• Brohoof 2

no it's pencil. all mechanicle pencil and a little shading stick. and all while listening to mylittlepony music. yup. i'd say it took me three hours.

Well then color me impressed. I've tried shading with pencil before and it usually windes up messing up the original picture. Well done.

• Brohoof 1

i guess i could try- i don't see how there could be any harm in that right? i guess you don't know till ya try right? haha. eight six nine:)

thats sounds like a good plan to put together. maybe if i do that then i 'll be one step closer to being as awesome as the other ponies in this world eh?

​I'd highly recommend it. Honestly, the worst thing that could happen, is that it doesn't work. In which case, all you can do is keep improving your art personally.

Well then color me impressed. I've tried shading with pencil before and it usually windes up messing up the original picture. Well done.

YAY! i know it's really hard to keep something looking good when its a potential mess to begin with. the trick is an extra peice of black paper that you casn rest your hand on- then your not smudging it at all!

This is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I just cannot fathom the complete awesome=ness behind this picture.

haha that makes me so happy to hear- im still reeling over the fact that so many ponies are enjoying this peice. even on my da nopony really cares...:( but im glad the ponies here do!

• Brohoof 2

Hello!

Oh that's really good! No critique from my side of view. I'm not a very good critique, and to critique such a style is even more difficult! Amazing work! :)

• Brohoof 1

That's a really epic picture! I really wish I could draw as well as you but that could be down to practice as I have only recently stated drawing myself (like 3 days now tongue.png). The hair and the shading was the cherry on the cake for me. If you were able to do my OC I would love it, but not sure if I have enough for you to base it off, plus only if you have time of course tongue.png

nope i surly can do yours too! and i can work with very little all i need to know is what your oc looks like and i can put it into a pony maker to get a reference

Hello!

Oh that's really good! No critique from my side of view. I'm not a very good critique, and to critique such a style is even more difficult! Amazing work! smile.png

thank you very much! its highly appreciated! im goin babannanas over it cuz it turned out so well and everypony loves it! it makes me happy you enjoy it too!

Submitting to groups is pretty much the only way to get your art seen on DeviantART.  Not all groups have quality standards and those that do are mostly bare minimum quality requirements. 

Besides, your art is plenty good enough.  That is one seriously awesome drawing.  :D

• Brohoof 1

Submitting to groups is pretty much the only way to get your art seen on DeviantART.  Not all groups have quality standards and those that do are mostly bare minimum quality requirements. 

Besides, your art is plenty good enough.  That is one seriously awesome drawing.  biggrin.png

yea i hear ya there. and i actually just went back to my older account so i don't have all my friends and watchers and i axidently bought 12 month premium insted of 1 month! i feel bad! but good at same time- oh well! did you want a commish to on your oc? idr

• Brohoof 1

yea i hear ya there. and i actually just went back to my older account so i don't have all my friends and watchers and i axidently bought 12 month premium insted of 1 month! i feel bad! but good at same time- oh well! did you want a commish to on your oc? idr

I had actually made a request in your old request thread, but I would gladly consider a commission in the future.  I just commissioned a few artists, though, so I've gotta hold off for a bit before I pay for more.  tongue.png

Edited by Vexx3

WOW,now that is a beautiful drawing of Princess Luna :wub:

you definitely have major talent there my friend and I commend you for that

it is definitely awesome :)

keep it up :3

• Brohoof 1

I had actually made a request in your old request thread, but I would gladly consider a commission in the future.  I just commissioned a few artists, though, so I've gotta hold off for a bit before I pay for more.  img-1288770-1-tongue.png

lol im free. but i guess i didn't specificy so you wouldn't have known other wise lol. but thats okay- im free. now you know. coolio ya?

• Brohoof 1

lol im free. but i guess i didn't specificy so you wouldn't have known other wise lol. but thats okay- im free. now you know. coolio ya?

That is pretty cool. O.o

Well, if you'd be up for it, I guess I'll request one of my OC.  Don't want to overload you with stuff.  tongue.png

Gotta say, I've been practicing drawing on pen and paper (don't have a drawing tablet) and I so wish I had your level of skill, lol.

• Brohoof 1

That is pretty cool. O.o

Well, if you'd be up for it, I guess I'll request one of my OC.  Don't want to overload you with stuff.  img-1288852-1-tongue.png

Gotta say, I've been practicing drawing on pen and paper (don't have a drawing tablet) and I so wish I had your level of skill, lol.

don't worries- i have only gotten both yours and doc's refs so they are the only ones i can work on at the moment since my digital stuff is really lagging so i can't do much there...

• Brohoof 1