Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

More Princess Luna: Good or Bad thing?

kain17

I have been wanting to see more Luna in the show for a long time now. even now i want to see more of her in season 4 but i have started to worry. i am a fan of Luna but i realized that most of what i'm a fan of is not from the show. i love the idea of gamer Luna and i love that childish and slight bit ignorant attitude she has. as i said before i would love to see more Luna but i don't know if they will keep my favorite parts of her. i like to think that they would because they really listen to what the fans want and its awesome. i know that if they do add more Luna that they will do great.  so is more Princess Luna a good thing or should we just leave her in the fans hands?

I think the reason why Luna has a fan base is because of the way she is in the show. Changing her personality to entirely meet the fandom's wants would more than likely break everything that made her loved in the first place. I absolutely want to see more of Luna, but I love her current personality so more of that please. :) I would love to see more of that playful attitude that was shown in Nightmare Night. THAT is what we have not gotten enough of but then again there has only been one episode based entirely around her so we will see.

Basically, I like Luna as is.

• Brohoof 6

I very much want more of her in the show. Official Luna will always be better than fan Luna for me and I like what little they have done with her so far and am eagerly waiting for more.

They have the basics of her down. A little bit awkward/playful yet can be serious and/or caring as shown through S3. If they just build on what they have done, she'll be fine without having to try shaping her in to a fanfic or something.

I started a Luna fanclub so yeah it is pretty obvious that my answer on this is going to be a definite yes it would be a good thing. Luna is that rare combination of a powerful yet vulnerable character that makes her very interesting and relatable, in Luna eclipsed we saw not just a princess but somepony who has been gone for 1000 years struggling to readjust to modern society when many of the ponies still fear her.

• Brohoof 1

I have honestly been dying to see more of Princess Luna on the show mostly because she's one of the only princesses that really hasn't had all that much screen-time to begin with (5 episodes since the beginning of the show really isn't all that much to begin with :/ )

(I also have this huge love for her so naturally I will say yes, It is a good thing :P )

• Brohoof 1

I think the reason why Luna has a fan base is because of the way she is in the show. Changing her personality to entirely meet the fandom's wants would more than likely break everything that made her loved in the first place. I absolutely want to see more of Luna, but I love her current personality so more of that please. smile.png I would love to see more of that playful attitude that was shown in Nightmare Night. THAT is what we have not gotten enough of but then again there has only been one episode based entirely around her so we will see.

Basically, I like Luna as is.

ya i understand this point and i have to agree with it. that is one of the things i enjoy the most. i am just scared that they might try to make her more like Celestia. as long as she stays her play full self i will love her regardless

I started a Luna fanclub so yeah it is pretty obvious that my answer on this is going to be a definite yes it would be a good thing. Luna is that rare combination of a powerful yet vulnerable character that makes her very interesting and relatable, in Luna eclipsed we saw not just a princess but somepony who has been gone for 1000 years struggling to readjust to modern society when many of the ponies still fear her.

its true and that is one thing she has going for her. unlike almost every one else she has a history. she is struggling to readjust and find acceptance with who she is. also that fact that she is unlike Celestia who you know almost nothing about and have to wonder why everyone is scared of her. Luna you know what she did and she is actively trying to make amends for it. so i think that i will continue to love her and would love to see more of her in the show as well as fan art.

You bet that I'd love to see more Princess Luna in the show. She is the best princess, after all.

Regardless, I don't want them to over saturate her, as a character like her should be used sparingly to keep her fresh. I also agree that keeping her personality relatively the same would be best, unless they want to go deeper into her character and reveal more about her, or unless there is an episode that changes her attitude about something.

I would definitely love to see more of Luna in the series. She's an interesting character, and the episode she starred in was pretty good.   I think that there is a lot about her character the show could explore, since there really is a lot we don't know about her. They could delve further into her royal duties, continue to show how she's adjusting to present Equestria, explore her relationship with Celestia, ect. There's a lot the show could do with her, and given FiM's track record it would probably be very interesting to watch. 

Yeah, but if they listen to the fans people will explode

"PANDERING"  basically Apple family reunion all over again.  

I would like to see more of Luna, I don't think she has a personality quite yet though.

I say that it is a good thing because, a lot of people want to see more of Luna and I really want to see more of Luna too. The fun will really be doubled if we see a Celestia & Luna episode. It will be such a treat if we see more of her and Celestia in Season 4.

mlp_fim___princess_luna_by_vanhiko-d4eif

• Brohoof 1

As long as they can show more of her without discarding any of (what little there is) her previously shown personality. I don't want a "new and improved" Luna, I want more of what we've seen built upon. That absolutely gorgeous, breathtaking not-to-mention dark and mysterious pony needs more screen time. :)

• Brohoof 1

I definitely hope that Princess Luna gets more screentime. My guess is that the reason she shows up so infrequently is that most of the episodes take place during the day, since she is the princess of the night.

I also hope that there are future episodes that further develop the fact that was revealed in season three: one of Princess Luna's responsibilities is to enter into dreams, to help ponies solve problems in their lives.

There is a sweetness about her that's so endearing, but she's also so badass. I think she also provides a great model for Twi on how to be a princess, but still be flawed and not a stereotype. Can I have more Luna please?

Now that there is a Princess Twilight, Luna has a lot less reason to try to emulate her sister Celestia.  This could take some burden off her shoulders and you might see more playful Luna and simply more Luna.

Me: Hey Luna, do you know the Muffin Mare?

Luna (in Royal Canterlot Voice): THE MUFFIN MARE?!?!

Me: The Muffin Mare.

Luna: YEA, WE KNOWETH THE MUFFIN MARE......WHO LIVETH IN DRURY MANE?!?!

Seriously, I hope she never (completely) loses that voice.

Edited by Anti-Villain

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who wants Luna to have more appearances next Season.

It's pretty bad when the writers of a show can't even use characters that are canon to the show without cries of pandering. To be honest, I don't see how anything having to do with Luna is pandering.

Basically what I'm saying is, all hail to the Princess of the Night, and I she shows her face once more.

More Luna...

Hella yes!

She is my fav pony  in truth when

it comes to show if anything and

i think seeing more of her also

being with other ponies would make

for some good learning lessons!

Also the humor....