Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony saved my life

tornado bolt

For the last two years, I have been undergoing therapy for clinical depression. It was horrible, I was never happy, I had no friends, my grades suffered. I was on my way to becoming just another statistic with a headline of "High School Senior Kills Self and 10 Others."

I was on the verge of letting go, but four months ago, I found My Little Pony. The happiness I felt while watching and discussing it with others, it was a euphoria I hadn't felt in years. Now I feel safe with all of the people I have met, I love the community, and It has helped me tremendously.

I have friends, in real life, it is great that I have people I can talk to. My grades have greatly improved, from a 1.9gpa to a 3.8 gpa over the course of months. Most of all, I have felt happy all day, listening to the music and reading the fan fics that people have made. This is truly something life changing, and I just wanted to say that.

• Brohoof 32

It's really amazing how something as a cartoon has changed lifes, I cant speak from experience but it makes good to my heart to know that it has had a positive impact on some people.

There are alot of people who feel the same way. I dont know if I can say it's saved my life, but I dont like to think about where i'd be right now if it wasn't for this community, probaly close to the brink of terrible depression...

It's heart warming to know that this show does thing's like this for others too :)

Ya, just think of it: If it weren't for this show, I ,possibly along with others, would be dead. I would have died angry and confused, and now I couldn't be happier.

There are alot of people who feel the same way. I dont know if I can say it's saved my life, but I dont like to think about where i'd be right now if it wasn't for this community, probaly close to the brink of terrible depression...

It's heart warming to know that this show does thing's like this for others too :)

Well, honestly, I think it is more the community and camaraderie of Bronies that did the trick, and not just the show.

I feel a bit happier watching ponies now, much happier than a year ago, even as an introvert, social isolationist, and just plain lonely.

Well, honestly, I think it is more the community and camaraderie of Bronies that did the trick, and not just the show.

But without the show there would be no Bronies! It started as a small 21 minutes of joy a week, until I found out about the community. Now im the happiest ive been in a long time, so yhea, it is more the community than the show that make's it so happy, but it had to start somewhere.

(edited)

I found out about both at the same time, kinda. It was at AUSA, got a ticket as an 18th B-day present, my sister got a car... I definitely prefer the ticket though, I can just bum rides off of friends and stuff.

But ya, back to AUSA: I watched a thing called "My Little Parody" while there, 1 hour of all of the best MLP spoof clips. And after that, I went and got all of the MLP fanart in Artists Alley, totally worth it.

Edited by tornado bolt

I see what you mean.

I say MLP helped save my life too!

I was going through a long dark period of my life and thought that I was going to be stuck forever!

Then I discovered MLP. The show reminded me that in the most unlikely places you can find something truly beautiful

...Okay that doesn't help me too much. So I looked for a forum and I found you guys!

Now I have a place that I can be open and talk to like minded individuals with no discrimination! And THAT is what has helped me move on with my life and pull me out of depression.

Not that the world is now lollipops and candy because of it, I mean life still sucks, but it is now better, it is manageable with you guys with me!

It changed my life in a positive way and it probably saved a few of my friendships.

MLP brought me back on the right way.

My life probably hasn't got better, but I can handle it now and feel better than before :)

it changed my life to there's so much stupid crap on tv and most of my friends or to busy to hang out with me if it wasn't for this series i would probably be in depression and never met anyone on here so for that i love the series and everyone i met i want to get my niece into this aeries so she can grow up with a good quality series unlike crap we have now.

While I can't say it's changed my life quite as dramatically as it has yours, being a fan of the show has definitely opened up a lot of social interaction, new friends, and made me overall happier. I'm glad to see that it's helped you as much as it has.

The story of how it has helped you is an inspiration to us all.

I love these stories. Friendship is a powerful tool.

Loads of people have been affected by it like this, its wonderful!

I wouldn't say it saved me from depression but it saved me from a very bleak view of the world and its inhabitants and I'm a lot happier now.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard lots of stories about how MLP has changed peoples lives for the better and quite a few about how they might be dead if not for MLP. It is amazing that this little girls show touches so many people. It is just something that cannot be explained and should just be enjoyed. I don't have a story like that, I'm really not that much different after ponies than before. It has certainly made my life better though. It makes it easier for me to make new friends when we have ponies in common and I'm rarely bored.

You're so overrated.

Just kidding.

I was depressed ever since the 3rd grade due to being poor, boredom, people were dicks, parents divorce (That didn't happen), sadness, no friends(because I'm shy), etc.

Then I found ponies last summer, and I have never been more happier in my life.

Ponies is one of my TOP reasons I didn't kill myself. ( I had one attempt, and suicidal thoughts ).

Also, I spend A LOT of time on ponies.

I'm 14 so I don't really even have a life.

Ponies saved me.<3

• Brohoof 1

mlp just changed my life it didnt save it. I used to be the kid in the school that is "weird" then i found mlp my life just got better and better till (i think) it was perfect. i went fom being a anti social freak to being liked by many

• 5 months later...

MLP has made me realize that I needed to grow up and be more mature. That I needed to stop being that kind immature person that tons of people see in high schools everywhere.

Ya, just think of it: If it weren't for this show, I ,possibly along with others, would be dead. I would have died angry and confused, and now I couldn't be happier.

Suicide is never the answer, and to people who are depressed that doesn't always click but I can personally tell you that no matter how worthless you may think you are people will miss you when you are gone. I know this because I have lost two friends to suicide and that heart break still hasn't completely healed. Nobody is worthless and even though sometimes you may not think it, people will miss you when you're gone. I sure know that I miss those two friends and wish I could have convinced them that life is worth living.
  • Brohoof 1

Tons of people have been changed by this. It's truly an amazing thing really. :3 I myself know it first hand when I was basically just some sort of tool for guys and I would always fall into depression. mlp is where i can get away from everything