Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 4 easter parody episode prediction

Ludvic'sTestPony

I've noticed throughout the show there has been many parodies of several well known holidays. examples being Hearth's Warming day/eve, Hearts and hooves day, Nightmare Night, ect. Well I'm thinking that season 4 might bring an Easter type holiday to our beloved show. It is quite posible considering rumors are saying season 4 won't be premiering until early 2014 and there are already 26 new episodes in the process of being made. Its possible, what are your guys' thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

Anythings possible really, I suppose. We won't really know and don't really know much about S4 yet. We won't until its close to air time really.

I suppose its possible, but they may not touch on it because Easter is technically a Christian holiday and they won't want to take sides with it.

Then again Christmas is also partly a Christian holiday in a way. And yet they have Heartswarming Eve, so I don't know.

Anythings possible I suppose, it could be cool I guess, not sure where they'd go with it or what they'd call it or anything, but its a possibility.

Interesting thought!

I give this thread the Rainblow Hash Pipe Puff of Approval!

*Takes a puff on pipe*

Before I begin on my thoughts, I must add that Halloween is also a Christian holiday, Zygen, so really I don't think that matters all that much.

I'm not sure if they'll do an Easter holiday parody, but I'd be very interested to see what twist they put on it if they do. I could actually see a Thanksgiving parody episode if they want to bring back the Buffalo and have them celebrate some sort of holiday marking the day they all became friends with the ponies of Appaloosa or something.

• Brohoof 2

Interesting idea. If they did it, I would guess that Pinkie Pie would certainly have a huge impact on the storyline, logically it would fit her. I mean decorating eggs, candy, sounds up her alley happy.png

I could also see them doing Arbor day involving AppleJack, 

They'll have to jin up some made-up stuff to make it as culture-neutral as they have before. "Eggs and rabbits day!"

Or maybe they'll surprise us and go the opposite direction.

"In Ponyville, we believe in the Easter Bunny. He died for our sins in that helicopter crash."

• Brohoof 3

Technically, a good chunk of Easter is appropriated Spring Festival stuff (bunnies & eggs, not going into details...) so the 'Running of the Leaves' as a spring festival falls into that category.

Personally, I think if the ponies are going to do a spring festival, using Holi as a model might be an interesting thing, as a change from the western-model celebrations.

Interesting idea, Davoo...

And then Twilight tries to disprove that the Easter Bunny is real, and Applejack tries her best to stop her, trying to convince her that it's the truth.

Twilight vs Applejack in a religious debate about the Easter Bunny...

A dream come true.

• Brohoof 1

And then Twilight tries to disprove that the Easter Bunny is real, and Applejack tries her best to stop her, trying to convince her that it's the truth.

Twilight vs Applejack in a religious debate about the Easter Bunny...

A dream come true.

That would definitely be one of the most interesting episodes if they would do that. And then the flood of complaining parents would arise. happy.png  

• Brohoof 2

And then Twilight tries to disprove that the Easter Bunny is real, and Pinkie Pie tries her best to stop her, trying to convince her that it's the truth.

Twilight vs Pinkie Pie in a religious debate about the Easter Bunny...

A dream come true.

Fixed that for you. Because you know, if anypony is gonna defend the Easter bunny, of all ponies, it'd be Pinkie Pie.

Or, come to think of it, Fluttershy. :P

• Brohoof 1

Fixed that for you. Because you know, if anypony is gonna defend the Easter bunny, of all ponies, it'd be Pinkie Pie.

Or, come to think of it, Fluttershy. tongue.png

Ha ha, guess you're right, but I just chose Applejack because of the religious Conservative Stereotype. Not to mention Twilight and Pinkie already had an argument over her Pinkie sense!

Then again, I guess that would give them all the more reason to argue again! Maybe Pinkie is the local preacher at the House of Easter, and Applejack is one of her loyal followers.

And fret not, DJ, for the parents cannot stop the power of the Easter Bunny!

• Brohoof 1

Ha ha, guess you're right, but I just chose Applejack because of the religious Conservative Stereotype. Not to mention Twilight and Pinkie already had an argument over her Pinkie sense!

Then again, I guess that would give them all the more reason to argue again! Maybe Pinkie is the local preacher at the House of Easter, and Applejack is one of her loyal followers.

And fret not, DJ, for the parents cannot stop the power of the Easter Bunny!

I totally understand, but let's not make Applejack even more of a stereotype than she already is. Even though I can easily see her being a religious conservative.

I could easily see Applejack being one of Pinkie's followers, because she believed the Pinkie sense, may as well believe in the Easter bunny too. :P

• Brohoof 1

I totally understand, but let's not make Applejack even more of a stereotype than she already is. Even though I can easily see her being a religious conservative.

I could easily see Applejack being one of Pinkie's followers, because she believed the Pinkie sense, may as well believe in the Easter bunny too. tongue.png

The farm animals are also Applejack's slaves True dat!

And yep, that's why Applejack is a loyal follower of the Church of Easter and always wears her lucky rabbit's foot around her neck, even though Fluttershy abhors it and tells her to stay away from Angel!

• Brohoof 1

Well I was hoping that we would get to see other holiday themed episodes in season 3. I was kinda hoping that we would get to look at more of what else the ponies do on hearts warming eve, besides the play. Maybe it's like Christmas in someways. 

As for looking at easter, I think it could work. It maybe a simple episode, but still it could work. It could focus on anyone of the characters. Could be a Pinkie episode, a Fluttershy episode, or even a CMC episode. I would like it if it were a Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake episode. Seeing as they are so young and it's fun looking at kids collecting eggs. 

I think the show should focus on giving Equestria more of its own unique holidays. Exploring something new is always more fun then what's been countless times before. 

Winter Wrap-Up is around that time of year!

Hmmm... Sounds pretty good to me. I wonder how they would portray it in the show?

The name would be pretty interesting, too. Seeing as they changed the names of the other holidays, they'd change the name of Easter as well. Maybe there would be an Easter Pony instead of Bunny? Who knows?

Certainly something interesting to think about; I definitely wouldn't mind an episode on it.

Isn't Easter at the start of Spring? So maybe Winter Wrap Up counts as Easter... just a thought.

If they do have an easter-themed episode, it would be super-cool, and the Mane 6 might hide Easter eggs all over the place and the CMC take up the challenge to find them all in the hopes of getting their Cutie Marks. Hmm, might actually work!

I do hope they make another holiday themed episode!

But maybe not Easter.  Easter isn't the biggest holiday out there.

Everyone knows Halloween and Christmas!  And even Valentines day.  Not Easter though.

And I don't think there would be much to have in an episode like that.

But maybe they could have an episode on a day like Easter.

But it doesn't have to be about Easter.

IMO...

• Brohoof 2

Doubtful. Hearth's Warming Eve wasn't really a Christmas episode so much as it was a holiday episode. Other than Rarity's Christmas Tree Hat, there were no commonalities. An Easter episode would be very unlikely as well, as it is strictly a Christian holiday.

Yeah, if you take out the whole "Jesus died at the cross for our sins" aspect, what would it be about?  What would they be celebrating? I suppose you could make it about the coming of spring or whatnot, but Winter Wrap Up has already got that covered .  

If I were to suggest a new holiday, I'd suggest a Pony Thanksgiving, as we don't quite have that yet and it's a very common holiday across different cultures.  Germany, Japan, Korea, and Canada all have their own version of the holiday that is independent of the US version, so it's plausible that Equestria also has their own.  

Interesting idea

I wanted to see another holiday episode in season 3, but didn't get one.

But wait a minute

Why stop at Easter

There are plenty of holidays they can put their spin on.

Examples:

•St.Patricks Day

•Thankgiving Day

•Mothers/Fathers day (would make things interesting. Maybe not a holiday, but you never know)

•April Fools Day (as I even need to explain)