Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP: FIM focusing more on adventure.

Lewis the Brony

Since Season 3 ended almost a month ago. I was wondering if the MLP: FIM should focus more on Adventure and less on Slice of Life. I don't like Slice of Life very much.

Now, I can believe that focusing on more adventure and less slice of life doesn't mean no friendship reports. They can have fun on the adventures and yet learn a moral from those adventures. I may of been rambling, but, hey, if it focuses more on adventure. I believe that MLP: FIM will have more views.

There's already a lot of views by bronies but more ratings with the focus on adventure could fare well on The Hub. So, what do you think of MLP: FIM focusing more on adventure if Season 4 focuses more on that?

Reply below. ;-)

• Brohoof 1

I dunno, It depends on how well they handle it, to be honest I still want slice of life episodes, and I don't want to have the show just be adventure, but I suppose having a bit of adventure here and there is fine.

I'm personally fine with whatever episode, as long as its a good episode, however I do want them to keep slice of life episodes, even if they're less frequent.

I'm personally fine with whatever as long as its well executed.

• Brohoof 3

I like the idea of more adventure themed episodes. Ponyville is nice and all, but I'd like to see the mane 6 explore outside their humble abodes. 

At the same time however, I'd still like to see life based episodes 

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion, one the things that make the show so great is that it has a much larger variety of episodes. They have an episode to watch no matter what kind of mood you're in. On the other hoof it would be nice to see a new adventurous episodes.

• Brohoof 2

They should explore jungles like daring do. It would be pretty funny, I bet RD would get a kick out of it too. Sorry 4 randomness, I'm just that awsome.

The show itself kind of drifts between topics imo....

I watched several adventures in the show, but they always learn a lesson each time, it's kind of why Twilight is writing to the Princess...

She can't just say..

"Dear Princess Celestia...went to the Beach..slayed a manticore....had fun"

so they always make sure the group learns a lesson....

Don't get me wrong, I see MANY adventures on the horizon...

For instance, Id love to see Saddle Arabia and the place where Zecora comes from :3

• Brohoof 3

Adventure themed episodes: DO IT! :D

The sad truth: Probably not going to happen.

Slice of life has been the theme of the past three seasons, and it has been extremely successful. They have no reason to change it, staying with what they know works is a much safer move.

Anyone see some people's reaction to double rainboom? Some folks didn't like it, and that was just one adventure themed episode. I don't care why some people said it was bad, but imagine if we had a whole season based on that? Assuming it would never get boring, it would probably be a success, but if even 15% of bronies like it... Huge hit against Hasbro. They'd have to find a way to pull through the whole season.

With the slice of life style, it's what people expect, and it will keep us happy. Consistency is key.

I think the show ties both into adventure and life based episodes. But, there will be a time when they explore more of Equestria. Like they could explore Las Pegasus, and other pony-converted states. There will be a time, when they do have more adventures.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Adventure themed episodes: DO IT! biggrin.png

The sad truth: Probably not going to happen.

Slice of life has been the theme of the past three seasons, and it has been extremely successful. They have no reason to change it, staying with what they know works is a much safer move.

Anyone see some people's reaction to double rainboom? Some folks didn't like it, and that was just one adventure themed episode. I don't care why some people said it was bad, but imagine if we had a whole season based on that? Assuming it would never get boring, it would probably be a success, but if even 15% of bronies like it... Huge hit against Hasbro. They'd have to find a way to pull through the whole season.

With the slice of life style, it's what people expect, and it will keep us happy. Consistency is key.

You know. Bronies that didn't like Double Rainboom? WHAT THE FUCK?!?! So, they didn't like that fan made episode just because of a genre.

I don't know why Bronies don't like adventure. We're males, before MLP, we used to watch Adventure. Why would they like slice of life episodes and actually dislike Adventure.

If it is targeted toward Bronies, it might as well go under a slow change. I don't want to keep watching the same old formula over and over again.

Also, there must be some adventure.

Edited by Yesfan90125
  • Brohoof 1

You know. Bronies that didn't like Double Rainboom? WHAT THE FUCK?!?! So, they didn't like that fan made episode just because of a genre.

I don't know why Bronies don't like adventure. We're males, before MLP, we used to watch Adventure. Why would they like slice of life episodes and actually dislike Adventure.

If it is targeted toward Bronies, it might as well go under a slow change. I don't want to keep watching the same old formula over and over again.

Also, there must be some adventure.

Of course there must be adventure! My point really was that if Hasbro ends up doing something we don't like plot-wise, then we'll be stuck with it for the whole season, whereas slice of life style they can add an adventure episode, and if we don't like it, too bad. It changes nothing.

As for double rainboom, although I thought it was a little unoriginal (only the ending though), it was truly a great episode. I only used it as an example because some people didn't like it. 

Of course there must be adventure! My point really was that if Hasbro ends up doing something we don't like plot-wise, then we'll be stuck with it for the whole season, whereas slice of life style they can add an adventure episode, and if we don't like it, too bad. It changes nothing.

As for double rainboom, although I thought it was a little unoriginal (only the ending though), it was truly a great episode. I only used it as an example because some people didn't like it. 

Well. They don't have to focus on Adventure for the entire season. Why not just make a mix? Have a big Adventure in a beginning. Maybe during their travels, they could have a few Slice of Life episodes in places like Zebraland or Saddle Arabia and move on. I was expecting the finale to have a villain that is stronger than Nightmare Moon and Queen Chrysalis but not as strong as Discord.

• Brohoof 1

Excuse me, there are female bronies too. Like me. There are also little girls of which this show is targeted at.

Frankly, the adventure genre doesn't teach or give nearly the same amount of morals as regular slice-of-life episodes do. A little bit of adventure might be exciting, but in the end, this show's all about friendship being magic, not "My Little Pony: Adventures in Equestria". 

Excuse me, there are female bronies too. Like me. There are also little girls of which this show is targeted at.

Frankly, the adventure genre doesn't teach or give nearly the same amount of morals as regular slice-of-life episodes do. A little bit of adventure might be exciting, but in the end, this show's all about friendship being magic, not "My Little Pony: Adventures in Equestria". 

Damn it! I forgot about the females. Sorry about that.

Like I said, they could go on a journey but on certain intervals, have a few slice of life episodes. Friendship is Magic, but on an adventure, its more magic.

I don't know, I mean, you can't stay entirely in Ponyville. Get a broader perspective of Equestria and the world.

Is one of the few who actually likes the Slice of Life themes a lot more than the adventure ones :P

After Twilight's...ascension (shudders), I wouldn't be surprised if we got adventure stories with more regularity than before. I personally think that writing the Slice of Life episodes is what the writers are good at, and I tend to enjoy them a lot more than whenever they try to do an adventure story. I'm not opposed to seeing more adventure, but it isn't why I'm a MLP fan.

Is one of the few who actually likes the Slice of Life themes a lot more than the adventure ones tongue.png

After Twilight's...ascension (shudders), I wouldn't be surprised if we got adventure stories with more regularity than before. I personally think that writing the Slice of Life episodes is what the writers are good at, and I tend to enjoy them a lot more than whenever they try to do an adventure story. I'm not opposed to seeing more adventure, but it isn't why I'm a MLP fan.

What is this? Are you trying to hide some classified information from me? Luckily, I had the LiveCD of LPS so I was able to read through it. You say you like Slice of Life themes more than Adventure? How dare you!

Hah, just kidding. I don't mind someone liking Slice of Life. I just think that adventure is better than slice of life. Adventure enables us to see what we can't do during our lifetimes (that is, if we are lucky to make a trip out of the continent).

Still, I'm not opposed to Slice of life episodes during a season that focuses more on Adventure.

I believe Lauren Faust's original concept for the show was based around a group of adventuring ponies, so perhaps this would fit in more with her original theme.  Of course, I can't really see Twilicorn doing the dirty work of Celestia anymore after her coronation.

Hopefully the ponies will go on an adventure to brutally punish Trixie for being Trixie.

I believe Lauren Faust's original concept for the show was based around a group of adventuring ponies, so perhaps this would fit in more with her original theme.  Of course, I can't really see Twilicorn doing the dirty work of Celestia anymore after her coronation.

Hopefully the ponies will go on an adventure to brutally punish Trixie for being Trixie.

Yay. A Trixie hater.

I don't seem to get it though, why do bronies like Trixie and Babs Seed but not Gilda. Trixie and Babs are unlikable bitches.

Yay. A Trixie hater.

I don't seem to get it though, why do bronies like Trixie and Babs Seed but not Gilda. Trixie and Babs are unlikable bitches.

Now that's just mean.

More adventure stories along the lines of Dragonshy or Over a Barrel would be cool from time to time. Heck, with Twilight Princess, we may be getting more of that stuff in the future.

But I'd prefer a majority of episodes be slice of life. It's when the show is at its best and it's the stuff the writers are most comfortable with.

I would like some more adventure episodes, but still keeping the majority of them slice of life style. But I think as time goes on, there are gradually going to be more adventure style episodes. Just slowly, throughout seasons.I swear, these guys have got to run out of morals eventually. XD

• Brohoof 2

I like the slice of life. Also, venturing too far from Ponyville might put the show's continuity in jeperody.  I think it'd be hard to blend a WHOLE NEW COUNTRY with the 'normal' lifestyle the show has been exhibiting so far.

I think having a balance between slice is life, adventure and villain of the day is important. I think so far they have done that well. However, I feel that Twilight might be doing even more of Celestia's mission impossibles.

Yay. A Trixie hater.

I don't seem to get it though, why do bronies like Trixie and Babs Seed but not Gilda. Trixie and Babs are unlikable bitches.

Yes, fellow loather of all that is azure! Feel the hatred course through your blood!

Trixie goes on adventures too, but those are the EVIL kind where she prefers her own quests to those in the name of friendship and eternal harmony

Yes, fellow loather of all that is azure! Feel the hatred course through your blood!

Trixie goes on adventures too, but those are the EVIL kind where she prefers her own quests to those in the name of friendship and eternal harmony

I would like to add the fact that Trixie is literally the most evil pony. Poor Gilda is so misunderstood, and people like the most hatefilled bitch of a pony who has done everything to put harm towards ponies. 

Oh. And people like her more then Snails. What the buck?

I would like to add the fact that Trixie is literally the most evil pony. Poor Gilda is so misunderstood, and people like the most hatefilled bitch of a pony who has done everything to put harm towards ponies. 

Oh. And people like her more then Snails. What the buck?

No. Its more like a conspiracy or something.

Gilda is the most despised character, well maybe except for Celestia (because Celestia has Trollestia, Molestia, and Tyrantlestia). But, why is she despised? All because that she made Fluttershy cry.

See, this is why I don't Fluttershy fans being the one that says "Hey, Gilda sucks but I like Trixie!". Gilda isn't all that bad though. She is friendly but however, I don't blame her though. Pinkie Pie did make her irritated. Also, I didn't care if Fluttershy cried. Besides, Fluttershy was a bitch to Pinkie Pie and Rarity in a later episode and to the animals in the season 1 finale. Oh and some act so "macho". I don't get it.

Babs Seed should of known better. Why should she be a bully when she got bullied in Manehattan? She made a stupid decision to join Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. They betrayed her, and she should of known that they weren't all trustworthy.

Sorry for my rant, but I had to get my opinion out of my mind. I think that George Washington is somewhere agreeing with me.