Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Twilight Sparkle's new wings

TanktheTortoise

58 users have voted

1. 1. Will Twilight forget about her wings during a time when they would be helpful?

• Yes
    • No

It's an alright idea, but I don't like the idea that Twilight is a full grow pony and her wing are of a new born baby pony. It just does not sound right to me. For me, flying has always been more of an instinct that pegasus have and once they know how to fly they can do it forever. So when Twilight flew in the episode, she unlocked that instinct.

Also not sure if this means anything, according to the Crystal Heart book, Pound and Pumpkin are still able to maintain their powers. They have to be at least 10 months old or at least a year old.

Well I have the opposite opinion. I'm fine with Twilight becoming an alicorn, but I'm don't like the fact that she is a princess now. To me the alicorn transformation should have been the next level of her training, but I don't think she should be a princess to. She may have wanted to do other stuff and now she's stuck doing princess stuff. Maybe even have the season 4 being her training area and then becoming princess at the end of season 4.

Just the wings left means almost nothing major other than Dashie has a new flying buddy, as she herself stated upon discovery :P

• Brohoof 2

Although I have calmed down considerably I am not at the point where I am "fine" with it yet, but if it is handled well enough to where it will work despite its flawed introduction and execution so far than I may warm up to it. I will get back to you once we get to season 4, until then, meh.

I will get back to you once we get to season 4, until then, meh.

If only people could get to this point from the getgo, and not run around throwing drama bombs wherever they go until they get to this point, in the meantime </3 Twilicorn, and this retarded drama over Equestria Girls would be incredibly less widespread and completely out of control if people just shut up and wait before passing judgement. It's called innocent until proven guilty. More people should follow it x.x

Nice to remember back to details like that. I'm not sure how likely the idea is for the show, but judging from certain screenshots such as the following:

306839__safe_twilight-sparkle_rainbow-da

It's safe to say Twilight becoming a 'born natural' for flying, and the writers never, ever explaining why is pretty unlikely. I'm curious to see how that goes.

Personally, I'd be just as fine with Twilight crashing into a tree right after saying 'Everything will be just fine' xP Then some appropriate cackling and teasing by Dash, 'Oh my, are you okay, Twilight?' from Fluttershy, and some 'Ugh...I sure hope the library has some books on flying.' from Twi.

• Brohoof 2

I guess she didn't know that she was a natural born flyer until she had wings. I don't really know how she became a very well experienced flyer the minute she got wings but, she will probably ''Everything is certainly fine.'' then crash into a tree.

But her origin on how she will be a very great flyer from the writers is unknown for now.

Twilight_Sparkle_pondering_S1E01.png

Questionable, for now.

• Brohoof 1

@@TanktheTortoise,

@@Commander_PonyShep

@

Since all of the threads that you created have to do with the same content, specifically Twilight's brand-spanking new shiny Alicorn wings, I merged them. Just think of this thread as Voltron ;) TanktheTortoise's thread had seniority, but I decided to edit the title to reflect the fact that the subject matter has been broadened slightly.

• Brohoof 1

Since all of the threads that you created have to do with the same content, specifically Twilight's brand-spanking new shiny Alicorn wings, I merged them. Just think of this thread as Voltron wink.png TanktheTortoise's thread had seniority, but I decided to edit the title to reflect the fact that the subject matter has been broadened slightly.

Thread consolidation is usually a good thing.  Next thing you know, Twilight and her five friends will have the ability to merge into one huge super pony. 

Thread consolidation is usually a good thing.  Next thing you know, Twilight and her five friends will have the ability to merge into one huge super pony. 

Initiate Mane6zord sequence!

Go Applejack!

tumblr_lwcgqruCrW1qincmao1_500.png

Go Rainbow Dash!

Grcdzcg1Exk.jpg

Go Rarity!

sticker,375x360.png

Go Pinkie Pie!

$(KGrHqF,!lMF!iFJh4nmBQcBdq5Ly!~~60_1.JP

Go Fluttershy!

128251848_fluttershy_by_krazy3_d55hchs_a

Go Twilight Sparkle!

twilight_sparkle_vector_by_ancientkale-d

376047_577518965615087_810011218_n.jpg

Go Go Pony Rangers!

Initiate Mane6zord sequence! Go Applejack!

Wow, virtually everything about ponies I can imagine has already been created by somebody else.  :P

Where did you get that image from, Blue?  I'm curious because while it's comprised mostly of Mane 6 parts, I also see Celestia and Luna in there too. 

Wow, virtually everything about ponies I can imagine has already been created by somebody else.  tongue.png

Where did you get that image from, Blue?  I'm curious because while it's comprised mostly of Mane 6 parts, I also see Celestia and Luna in there too. 

Well, there is a rule stating that there is a pony for everything. No exceptions.

For the picture, I just went to google images and typed in "Pony Megazord"

• Brohoof 1

Well probably considering she never had wings before so its likely not to come to mind immediately  Not to mention in stressful situations one tends to either have great difficulty in simple tasks or forget them all together. In some cases performing actions semi-consciously.  

I think that she probably would, because that's a really cool, subtle character aspect that, if it's intentional, I don't think the writer's will just drop, especially since it would be so easy to utilize. And, as has been stated, she did just get them. If I suddenly got a new ability that's useful for everyday actions that I've been performing for years, I would probably forget about it constantly just because I have a habit of performing those actions without it.

With Twilight having wing now is it jest me or will we see her hanging around more with Fluttershy and Rainbowdash more because in the 3 seasons i think she was more around with: Rarity, Pinkiepie and apple jack or is it jest me who thinks this what do you all think  :)

I dunno, if the writers handle it well she will still find fairly equal time for all of her friends imo. I don't know if she needs to be constantly using her wings. Just look at Fluttershy - she even forgets she can fly sometimes! :P (talking about when she has to be caught in mid-air while falling on a number of occasions)

• Brohoof 1

I dunno, if the writers handle it well she will still find fairly equal time for all of her friends imo. I don't know if she needs to be constantly using her wings. Just look at Fluttershy - she even forgets she can fly sometimes! tongue.png (talking about when she has to be caught in mid-air while falling on a number of occasions)

very true but i read some comments about it and it jest make me wonder whats going to happen with the story i like the shes going to be able to fly :) but still make me think.

I think the idea of Rainbow Dash teaching Twilight, sort of taking her under her wing *roll snare drum* is a cool one. I could see an episode coming out of some difficulty between Twi and RD resulting from their new interactions - ex. RD pushing Twi to hard, or Twi being a really good flyer and RD getting jealous. I'm not saying that is gold material, but it could be entertaining. ^ ^

(edited)

Now you saying that make me what to see a episode like that but if it they did it will probably be a bit like the episode when rainbow dash and apple jack was in that race and twilight come 4 cant remember not watched it for a wile but i can see something a bit like it. smile.png

Edited by swiftmotion

@@SwiftMotion, Since your thread is to do with Twilight's new wings and how that might affect the time she spends with her other winged friends, I decided to merge your thread into this one. 

Okay bear with me.  Several times in the series Twilight has forgotten about abilities that would help her in various situations.  In Pinkie Keen she forgot she can teleport.  In Owls well that ends well she forgot she had a spell for lighting up her horn.  She wouldn't have remembered that she knew the gem spell in Dog and Pony had Spike not reminded her.  While these are all Season 1 I believe this is a pattern with her.  She has a tendency to get so worked up she forgets basic things.  My question is will there be a time where she forgets she has wings in the upcoming season(s)?

If she did it would kind of back up a mini-theory that I have. After careful analysis of Twilight's variable behaviour throughout the series, I've come to the conclusion that she may have Asperger's Syndrome or a similar condition. I've deducced this based on this webpage and my own experiences. I've noted that:

- She shows initial difficulty in social communication in the first episode

- As stated here, she tends to forget things

- She has been shown getting very stressed when things don't go according to plan (I think the episode "Lesson Zero" is a very good example of this)

- She has an intense interest in her studies.