Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponies = Stress Relief.

Thunderchild

So, a particularly crappy day at work behind me-I just finished a 5 episode streak, and feel much better.

It's amazing how much positivity there is in this simple little show-and how much it takes you out of the rat race for a little while, and lifts your spirits. 

Well, there it is. After all is said and done, all the human race really needed was a little pink pony.

• Brohoof 29

Well, there it is. After all is said and done, all the human race really needed was a little pink pony.

Just Pinkie Pie? D: 

What about everypony (I feel so stupid for using that word) else? 

I'd say the fandom is more of a stress reliever than the actual show. XD

• Brohoof 3

Eeyup. Tiny little colorful Equines can solve many of your day-to-day problems in life. 

Perhaps Kin Jong-Un could sit down, yank that mighty dildo out of his ass and watch some manly-as-fuck ponies to ease his angst, thus rendering him a nice man, good leader and making him stop this pointless feud he seems to have with the world?

That's be sweet.

• Brohoof 13

The show certainly is an escape into blissful fantasy full of friendship and love and ponies and cupcakes and baby dragons and gems and life lessons and lovely art and lovable characters and.

*HUFF*

You know, stuff like that.

It's kind of what the show does sometimes.

• Brohoof 6

Just Pinkie Pie? D: 

What about everypony (I feel so stupid for using that word) else? 

I'd say the fandom is more of a stress reliever than the actual show. XD

Pinkie just made me smile this time, is all. If I had to pick one it'd probably be Fluttershy anyhow-she's just so cute.

The fandom is cool too-good to see we have similar experiences with the show.

It's so true. Even replying to posts or just reading posts here gives me a boost. It made my day when I watched those three Hot Minute videos. Never underestimate the power of pastel ponies!

Edited by Nature Spell
  • Brohoof 1

The show certainly is an escape into blissful fantasy full of friendship and love and ponies and cupcakes and baby dragons and gems and life lessons and lovely art and lovable characters and.

*HUFF*

You know, stuff like that.

It's kind of what the show does sometimes.

Yeah I see that-I guess being pretty new to it all I hadn't realised the theraputic effects of little cartoon ponies. It all came as a bit of a shock, but in a good way.

This would be really difficult to explain to anyone outside the fandom, you know?

Going home after a fucked up day knowing I have the time to do ANYTHING Pony related could instantly put a smile to my face biggrin.png

I would never have believed it 6 months ago if you showed me what I'd be looking forward to watching.

It just wasn't on my radar, Glad I got bored one night and started looking at memes.

• Brohoof 2

People outside the fandom are usually Ignorant and prejudice to the idea of talking cartoon ponies, or indifferent and possibly open minded on the whole thing.

You never know until you force some sum-bitch to watch ponies. That's how I got into it.

People outside the fandom are usually Ignorant and prejudice to the idea of talking cartoon ponies, or indifferent and possibly open minded on the whole thing.

You never know until you force some sum-bitch to watch ponies. That's how I got into it.

Curious to know how someone forced you into watching ponies? Did they sit on you and stick an ipad under your nose or something?

Personally I have thoroughly enjoyed telling people I know that I watch the show. I'm a #280lb powerlifter, so most people don't mess with me. It's hilarious to see the conflicted reactions-they so badly want to say something but don't know what i'll do to them if they do-so they usually end up saying "But.........Why?" 

It's so hard to not laugh.

• Brohoof 2

Lol, I could imagine.

FANMADE_YEAH!!!.gif

It wasn't so much 'forced' as 'annoyed the ever living hell out' by the by. There's a limit to how much annoying pony commentary I can take in ignorance before I have to bring validity their 'jokes' and 'praise' to which I am grateful for now.

• Brohoof 3

Lol, I could imagine.

FANMADE_YEAH!!!.gif

It wasn't so much 'forced' as 'annoyed the ever living hell out' by the by. There's a limit to how much annoying pony commentary I can take in ignorance before I have to bring validity their 'jokes' and 'praise' to which I am grateful for now.

I see-so it ended up being part fact-finding mission and part an effort to shut them up.

Incidentally, on a totally different subject, the .gif you posted made me laugh, as I had recently read about the whole 'wingboner' thing-look how small his wings are. That's the downside of 'roids compadre.

I agree. Sometimes just looking at a pony picture can make me a bit happier.
That probably sounds really stupid, but that's how it is.

Edited by Lolnus
  • Brohoof 1

Work stress ain't got nothin' on das ponies. From bitchy patients to blood and guts, throw those crazy fillies on the idiot box and let them take me away... Ah ponies, is there anything you can't do?

Edited by FMStorm
  • Brohoof 2

I definitely go to ponies if I'm feeling down. All the ponies make me happier but I always search out episodes that have Big Macintosh in them for some reason his EEEyup's really just make me giggle. Love him!

I guess ponies could potentially cure stress for me, but if I'm stressed and I watch them I ironically get even more stressed out as lol I live in my mom's basement, dropped out of college and ponies.

You know, I was thinking about starting a topic about something similar. I seem to find myself performing better and with less stress during certain tasks after I've looked at cute pony pics, or after watching an episode of the show. After noticing this, I remembered a study I'd recently read about how looking at cute things may increase productivity. Here's one article I found on the research: http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0046362

Does this happen to anyone else?

Ponies are fourth on my list of stress reliefs. Right after reading, playing yu-gi-oh cards and talking to my friend EarthbendingProdigy. Who was introduced to this fandom thanks to me. But yeah, ponies who knew?

I tell you what, being a firefighter I've got some tough calls. After a long day working a vehicle accident or our most recent call, an elderly couple lost everything they had in a fire, including their two barns and all their livestock. It can get extremely upsetting/depressing at times. Being able to meet people at their worst moments.

Being able to come home and sitting down to a few episodes of ponies really does help. There are a select few episodes that really help as well. After a nasty call, I really like to watch any of the CMC episodes (My new favorite, Sleepless in Ponyville) Another nice episode to really calm me down and is somewhat relatable to what I do is Magic Duel. It helps settle and remind me that me and my friends are OK at the end of the day, and the evil is gone with almost no loss to the victim(s) as possible. 

Sorry, got a little personal, but yes, ponies are a GREAT stress reliever. 

• Brohoof 7

I agree entirely. I love sitting down and watching an episode after a tough day. It just helps me take all of my frustrations and just leave them behind. I find that reading fluffy Rainbowpie shipfics also helps :)

• Brohoof 4

To be absolutely honest, the only thing keeping me sane right now is MLP FiM, and if I don't get my fill of it I end up being stressed and grumpy for the rest of the day / week. 

It just gives me a really nice feeling to watch it. Takes the emptyness out of my life.

• Brohoof 3

Goodness, I can't believe what my life would be like without watching MLP:FiM. Like, I know nothing horrible would happen from me not watching, or knowing, about it, but I just can't imagine what life would be like without the show.

I suppose I wouldn't have as much knowledge of storywriting as I do now, as I've looked into what goes into writing and its fundamentals, and more (because of the fanfiction(s) I'm planning), and I can't say I would've gotten that through English class.

• Brohoof 1