mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

I saw Captain Phillips not too long ago.

Damn, that was a pretty great movie, if you ask me. I loved it ... but there was too much water, 7.8/10 9/10. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

84jdcweaze4.png
3rd Eye | To suffer hate in search of love, or lose them both forever? 🎔 ~

(edited)

I watched Fast and Furious 7 (or as I called it, 7 Fast 7 Furious) last night.  I saw Fast Five last month and enjoyed it, so I thought I'd like this one too.  I liked it even better than 5 after I watched it. If you took a roll of film and poured testosterone on it, you'd get this movie.  I also liked the way they handled what to do with Paul Walker's character. It's a dumb action movie done right.

Edited by zombienixon
  • Brohoof 1

Currently watching Maleficent.  I know some people don't like how they changed the story, but I really like this new direction.  I'm thinking of getting the DVD.

Thrackerzod is best pony.

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies

Well worth a watch if you're a fan of Peter Jackson's stuff - far better than Desolation of Smaug. Still nowhere near as good as any of the LoTR trilogy.

Vh9PDd9.png

I hope some people get the joke ^^

A movie I watched yet again for the nostalgic reasons not too long ago, was Letters from Ivo Jima.

NewPollySig_zps0943aa0a.png

Special thanks to Lightning Bliss for this awesome signature!

I saw The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.

I thought it was pretty cool, 8/10. :3

I am personally a huge fan of Middle-Earth and the whole LotR universe and I was hoping for Christopher Tolkien to die so we could get PJ working on The Silmarillion already. Unfortunately, it is now too late and I doubt this will ever happen. Anyways, I love-love-love the LotR-triology and those films are in my opinion among the top 10 movies ever made. The Hobbit films on the other hand, were a disappointment to me. The films showed a lot of the things I so much wished to see, but they did it in the wrong way.

They decided to make the films more "appealing" to all ages by removing lots of the graphic violence and dark atmospheres that the first three films had. For example, in the LotR triology, you could clearly see the strikes Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli made on all the Orcs and Uruk-hais. In The Hobbit however, swords piercing throats and slashing flesh were almost nowhere to be found. Another big issue I had with the films is that they put in a lot of stupid humor. Yes, I am aware that the first three films has silly humor as well, come on I've seen them 10+ times each. There is, however, a significant difference between the humor and jokes between the films. The jokes in The Hobbit feels like they were made to make kids laugh and that kind of kills the seriousness of the films. The goblin king for example... And just the whole scene... it is, I am sorry to say but it was bad. The terrible punchlines and the weird scenes just made me cringe. Another issue I had with the films is that they used way too much CGI. The armies in lotr were actual men. In the hobbit they were computer animated and one could easily tell this right away. To me, everything looked like a video game and it really ruined the "this is a real world and not a fantasy world"-feeling.

Other than that, the hobbit was fairly entertaining and it had a lot of beautiful shots. I am happy that they followed the book and unlike many other people I like that they made three films of it to be able to cover as much as possible. LotR is a clear 10/10 to me but the hobbit would be a 7.5/10

I saw two films yesterday.

Ip man (2008) and Ip man 2 (2010)

These two films are Chinese (or from Hong Kong I believe) and follows a man called Ip man, a master at martial arts. This guy is totally bad-ass, not because he is so powerful, but because of his personality and use of his techniques. These films are actually inspired by the life of the real person Ip man who did a lot of things for china bla blah bla and he taught Bruce Lee haha just check it out, it is an awesome film. The second one was pretty good as well but personally I liked the first one much more. 8.1 on imdb.

MV5BMjE0NDUzMDcyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzAx

• Brohoof 1

img-2823101-1-UpBh15J.png

In the Cinema? Fast and Furious 7

On the TV: X-Men: Days of Future Past

▁ ▃ ▂ ▅ ▄ ▆ █ Dubstep is my daily dose of drugs ▇ █ ▆ ▄ ▅ ▂ ▃ ▁

Nexzw2s.png

Signature by Destiny

My main OC: Rapier Thrust, Sabre Strike, Foil Flick, Beat Attack, Valentine Sweetheart and many more

I ship Unicorn Stallions x Pegasus Mares. What are you gonna do about that, tough guy? Sorry...  :fluttershy: