Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poniverse Logo Design Contest

Twilight Sparkle ✨

(edited)

Well, I find silhouettes are more versatile anyway, so there was no discussion on my end. ^u^

btw, since there were no warning PM/email, I'll assume you received my entry. I wanna make sure though, because they were really big so it lagged a bit. I'm going someplace where I'll be real busy for two weeks, so if I come back and find out you didn't get my email all this time, I'll be a very sad brony. :c

Edited by Feather Spiral

well I just sent my submission... everyone seems interested so the competition will be fierce as hell. :)

now, it would be really cool if we could see all of the logo desings in one thread or blog entry after the competition to see how they all look like. :o

omg! nervous!

• Brohoof 7

well I just sent my submission... everyone seems interested so the competition will be fierce as hell. :)

now, it would be really cool if we could see all of the logo desings in one thread or blog entry after the competition to see how they all look like. :o

omg! nervous!

Feld0 did say that only the top three winners will have their logos showcased. I doubt he'll just dump all the logos that didn't win onto a thread without asking permission from the logo designers.

I'll answer those questions for you.

1. No, OCs are not allowed, not even canon ponies from the show. If you want to use a pony, it'll have to be a pony silhouette.

2. You could ask your parents to create a Paypal account so that Feld0 can easily send the cash over to the account which can be withdrawn if your parents linked it to a bank account.

3. Any resolution is fine, since it'll be vectored anyway, but anything higher than 1000x1000 should be fine.

If you have any more questions, just ask Feldy.

Well, in that case, I don't think that i'll need the reward "In case i won", I'll just ask the mods to send it to MLP Forums donation "so, this site will be always on! ;) "

Well, in that case, I don't think that i'll need the reward "In case i won", I'll just ask the mods to send it to MLP Forums donation "so, this site will be always on! ;) "

Or you can always donate it back to feld0 so he can go to bronycon. You'll get some special gifts including a signed letter from the team at poniverse plus some other stuff. Go check it out! http://mlpforums.com/topic/59411-fundraiser-help-poniverse-get-to-bronycon/

• Brohoof 3

now, it would be really cool if we could see all of the logo desings in one thread or blog entry after the competition to see how they all look like. ohmy.png

that's actually a great idea, it would be awesome to see all the different logos that got submitted and not only the top three

(edited)

• SVG, AI, or EPS files are preferred.
  •  
  • High-resolution PSD, PNG, or other image-type files will be accepted as well.
  •  
  • We will request the source file(s) for the winning logo, so please don't throw them out!

What size does it have to be? I want to enter, I just don't want to make the icon to large. Thanks so much, if you reply it would be much easier for me to make it.

Edited by Artemis
Trimmed the quote down to the most relevant portion.

What size does it have to be? I want to enter, I just don't want to make the icon to large. Thanks so much, if you reply it would be much easier for me to make it. 

there's not specific size, but the word "icon" really set me off. That logo is going to be used to make banners, flags and other merch. So mind you, it has to be by default a huge file, with huge dimentions. 

If you use a vectorial program like AI, then the size is not important cuz it can be resized without pixelating at all. So, just an "icon" is not acceptable, hurry up. Just one day left! OMG :o

Just a heads up for everyone asking about size: I made mine referencing the size of a large bumper sticker (11.5 x 3.75 inches) at 300 px per inch. That's 3450px by 1125 px.

I figure that should be more than large enough.

If I ever manage to win, I'll literally scream myself to sleep and become one of the happiest Pegasister in the entire world! <3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@DusK, Based off my own experiences with pixels and graphic design, that size is more than big enough. However, if you ever want to work more with logos someday, I recommend staying away from programs that deal exclusively with raster files like Photoshop or GIMP because the resolution is fixed. In the future, use vector programs like Illustrator (which you must pay for) or Inkscape (which is free).

Edited by Dark Qiviut

But Photoshoppin's all I know! sad.png

Inkscape

Never heard of it. I'll have to check this out sometime. Thanks for the heads up. I used Illustrator before, but that was over 10 years ago, so I probably wouldn't know my way around that app now.

(edited)

Sent mine! You get really nervous when you sent 2 weeks of non stop work to someone you dont even know just to find out wether you win or not and when theres $100 at steak plus the future of the poniverse!

[Calm down, you're over reacting]

Edited by Jamiequadbike

I have sent my logo design in.  I hope you can find a use for it :).  I am not great at drawing with a mouse so I did what I could to convey the idea.

Feld0 did say that only the top three winners will have their logos showcased. I doubt he'll just dump all the logos that didn't win onto a thread without asking permission from the logo designers.

To be fair, the people who send those logo designs are HOPING to have them showcased, if not to be used as THE Poniverse banner. At least, that's the main reason I've sent mine.

I'm pretty sure, therefore, that permission is given simply by submitting an entry.

YES I LOGGED INTO THE BIOLOGY STATION'S WIFI JUST TO REPLY TO THIS

(edited)

How long do you think it will take to reveal the winners? A few days? A week? It's not like theirs a massive amount of submissions. Shouldn't take too long hopefully.

PS: I submitted 128 logos!

Well... Variations of the same logo. Not completely different ones

Edited by Jamiequadbike

Looks like alot of people are submitting logos :P, I personally didn't even bother simply because I know I don't have the creativity or talent to do it, but regardless good luck tommorow to everyone who is entering! 

Hope to see the logo looking awesome :).

Uhm...
I know that the deadline is 14th may.

But, When will Feld0 announce the winner?
I'm just nervous about this contest these days! :o

• Brohoof 2

I've got other things to worry about like studying for exams but then again I really wanna know who the winners are and how their logos look like. I guess I'll just have to wait patiently for Feldy and the other judges to pick the winners. :3

• Brohoof 2

Very much proud of my design so far. This feels like one of those cake shows on the Food Network where each chef prepares cake designs... 

"The Iron Feld0" 

"Mare's Kitchen" 

"Clopped" 

I am just hilarious. Qi4xCxP.gif Seriously, though, I'll be one of those people that finishes just before the deadline because I can't submit something that is subpar... and my design is so crude at the moment, it's horrifyingly ugly. 

• Brohoof 2

I submitted 128 logos!

Fuck you :3

u ruin my chances for 3rd place

Seriously though, I hope pro-logo-designer-guys have made some awesome logos for Feld0 to use! I can't wait to see them :)

• Brohoof 3

I'm so nervicited right now... I wonder when the winners will be revealed... x3 And when the Poniverse website will be updated with the winning logo... :L

Well... 10 and a half hours left. Hopefully wont be later than the weekend when we know who won. Getting a bit nervous myself actually.

Or 'nervicited'