Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poniverse Logo Design Contest

Twilight Sparkle ✨

In which case it is or is not essential the submitted entry has colour with it?

I sent my current version in grayscale, thinking that if it was likable I would then try out colours.

It's not essential, but a coloured logo would be nice. It should already look great in grayscale, but smart use of colour can only make it better.

Oh, I have an idea that'd look great in "bluescale", or more clearly in a blue monochrome scheme. But I can't make it myself, certainly not color it properly without my tablet.

AND STILL NO ONE MESSAGE ME ABOUT MY COLLAB SUGGESTION YOU ASSHOLES

(edited)
Colour choices are completely up to you as the artist. With that said, a well-designed logo will look great and be fully recognizable when printed in black-and-white, engraved into stone, or otherwise inserted in a medium that doesn't have a concept of colours.

That's pretty true.  Okay, I'll put out the different concepts on the core logo idea I have in black and white then, and if I find the time some of them will be in color.

Edit - Alright then, logo's all finished up, completely in black and white, and sent out through the email.  I'd also like to know if contestants are allowed to put their logo submissions on their DeviantArt accounts or not since it was not specified if that is allowed.

Edited by Hazardus_Havard

I've finally finished creating a single refined logo that's actually pretty decent. In fact, I was actually quite surprised with what I've managed to create.

@@Feld0,

After creating this logo, I was thinking about making another one, but do I have to submit the logos all in one go or can I submit them separately?

@@Feld0,

Can two users work on a logo and split the prize?

I do have a logo prepared, but I have another user working with it in photoshop to make it better.

Can I enter under two names? Because, it's a fairly nice looking logo and it would suck if I couldn't enter it because two people worked on it.

Hmm, I have entered with my really bad entry, but I wondering, with the money we receive if we win, can we become donors with the money? Because in a way I am giving something to the forums and getting larger things! :D

This competition is forcing me to the verge of insanity! Ive looked at 1,000's of logos, designed over 100 logos myself and to top it off I had a dream about designing logos last night! Why am i taking this so seriously? I need help, fast!

• Brohoof 5

I've finally manged to submit my semi-decent logo, hoping every second that I'll manage to win. This competition has driven me nuts and to be honest, right now isn't the time.

You know.. studying for exams, and suddenly a logo contest..

Hmm, I have entered with my really bad entry, but I wondering, with the money we receive if we win, can we become donors with the money? Because in a way I am giving something to the forums and getting larger things! biggrin.png

It would be pretty cool if we could be permanent Donor/Subscribers if someone won first place for the contest, even though that's very unlikely.

• Brohoof 1

I've finally manged to submit my semi-decent logo, hoping every second that I'll manage to win. This competition has driven me nuts and to be honest, right now isn't the time.

It would be pretty cool if we could be permanent Donor/Subscribers if someone won first place for the contest, even though that's very unlikely.

Yes thats sounds amazing, yes though it is unlikely I can still think about it, but that would be an amazing prize! I personally think that would be better than money! :) Good idea, sad it won't happen :( 

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I have an idea that'd look great in "bluescale", or more clearly in a blue monochrome scheme. But I can't make it myself, certainly not color it properly without my tablet.

AND STILL NO ONE MESSAGE ME ABOUT MY COLLAB SUGGESTION YOU ASSHOLES

Creative Resources would be a great place to post a thread asking for someone to collaborate with you..

Alright then, logo's all finished up, completely in black and white, and sent out through the email.  I'd also like to know if contestants are allowed to put their logo submissions on their DeviantArt accounts or not since it was not specified if that is allowed.

You may publish your logo, ask for feedback, or otherwise share it outside of this thread, but you will be doing so at your own risk - ie. someone might "borrow" your ideas.

I've finally finished creating a single refined logo that's actually pretty decent. In fact, I was actually quite surprised with what I've managed to create.

@@Feld0,

After creating this logo, I was thinking about making another one, but do I have to submit the logos all in one go or can I submit them separately?

You may submit each entry separately. Whatever makes it into that email account one way or another before the deadline.

@@Feld0,

Can two users work on a logo and split the prize?

I do have a logo prepared, but I have another user working with it in photoshop to make it better.

Can I enter under two names? Because, it's a fairly nice looking logo and it would suck if I couldn't enter it because two people worked on it.

Arrangements can be made to split the prize if you're collaborating with someone on your entry and it wins. I'll discuss that with you via email if it happens. When entering, just cc your collaborator into the email and make it clear who they are.

Hmm, I have entered with my really bad entry, but I wondering, with the money we receive if we win, can we become donors with the money? Because in a way I am giving something to the forums and getting larger things! biggrin.png

It'll be your money to do with as you wish. If you want to donate it right back to MLP Forums, you're more than welcome to do so.

This competition is forcing me to the verge of insanity! Ive looked at 1,000's of logos, designed over 100 logos myself and to top it off I had a dream about designing logos last night! Why am i taking this so seriously? I need help, fast!

:D

Unfortunately, very few of our expenses are of a one-time nature - most of them recur - so giving out permanent subscriptions simply isn't sustainable. Still, $100 will get you up to ten months of subscriber... that is half an eternity on the Internet. ;)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

At first I thought I'd have a chance to at least be like.. 3rd or something.. But now with so many entries (and well.. it sounds like a lot of people here knows what they're doing) I'm doubting :I

..My entries weren't the best in the world....

I'm not that good at coming up with logos...

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

AHHH.

So i sent two, because i forgot to attach. I'm sorry ;n;

entered and sent in though.

I can't wait to see what people entered. It's killing me wanting to see the ideas ;o;

@@Feld0,

Sorry for asking you so many questions, but do you check the emails you've received and reply to them or do you check it on the final date?

AHHH.

So i sent two, because i forgot to attach. I'm sorry ;n;

entered and sent in though.

I can't wait to see what people entered. It's killing me wanting to see the ideas ;o;

It can happen to anyone. :P Don't worry about it, as long as the entry itself gets to me (which it did).

@@Feld0,

Sorry for asking you so many questions, but do you check the emails you've received and reply to them or do you check it on the final date?

Yes, I read through the emails as they arrive, but I've just about drowned in birthday notifications and BronyCon paperwork in the past 48 hours. :lol: I saw that you had a few questions, and I'll get back to you ASAP.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I read through the emails as they arrive, but I've just about drowned in birthday notifications and BronyCon paperwork in the past 48 hours. laugh.png I saw that you had a few questions, and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks a lot Feld0, I just replied the e-mail with two more other questions that I forgot to ask you previously.

I'm sorry for asking you so many questions..

Creative Resources would be a great place to post a thread asking for someone to collaborate with you.

I've been considering that, too.

Problem is, it's gonna be real vague in the thread. And if someone is curious, when I'll tell them what I have in mind, they'll run away screaming. tongue.png

Unless

is it necessary to make it great quality?

I said I already have an idea, I might be able to draw it in a short time. It'll probably be a sketch and/or something poorly made on my iPad, so someone will still finish it for me.

Don't expect miracles, with my current technical limitations (absence of computer compatible with my tablet) and a certain lack of skill.

Not to mention a 3-day trip to Köln (second half of next week) IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWED by 2 weeks in Roscoff (International marine biology station in Briton) followed by exams and shit. Yup, getting prepared for ALL of those in one week.

Thanks a lot Feld0, I just replied the e-mail with two more other questions that I forgot to ask you previously.

I'm sorry for asking you so many questions..

Don't stress over it, please. If you have questions, I'd prefer to answer them for you rather than leaving you running around in the dark with $100 at stake.

is it necessary to make it great quality?

I said I already have an idea, I might be able to draw it in a short time. It'll probably be a sketch and/or something poorly made on my iPad, so someone will still finish it for me.

There is no minimum level of "quality" that is being enforced; if a submitted design demonstrates an excellent idea but needs a bit more polish, we're in the position to give it that. However, executing the idea well as a logo you would use yourself if you ran Poniverse will help maximize your chances.

• Brohoof 2

Understood.

Um, I've actually just noticed I could use one of my iPad's apps (with a tiny little cost, but the result was well worth it) to make... pretty much exactly what I wanted.

There's just a tiny problem with proportion I'm hoping to fix, and I'm planning to send it after that. If you haven't received it by next Wednesday, email me a warning to pull me back down on Earth.

• Brohoof 1

I am in this, for sure!!!!

But I don't really get this part:

Do not use any official My Little Pony assets. That means, no canon ponies/characters/locations/etc.; however, you're more than welcome to use generic pony silhouettes that aren't recognizable as any of Hasbro's characters.

I don't get this part ^

someone plz explain?

thanks

I am in this, for sure!!!!

But I don't really get this part:

Do not use any official My Little Pony assets. That means, no canon ponies/characters/locations/etc.; however, you're more than welcome to use generic pony silhouettes that aren't recognizable as any of Hasbro's characters.

I don't get this part ^

someone plz explain?

thanks

It basically means that you can't have images of actual characters in the show but you can have a silhouette of a pony as long as it still isn't identifiable as a specific character eg. Twilight sparkle

So to make it short, don't use a character. If you want to, use a silhouette.

• Brohoof 1

Ponyverse you say? You mean a prefix that's greater than universe?

Oh my! It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top. I can't judge, you guys will all do well!

• Brohoof 2

I have several of questions...
1- Should i really use an OC?
2- If i won, How can i receive the reward? "I don't have bank account!"
3- What is the maximum resolution limit for the logo?
P.S. I made 3, but, I didn't know that the minimum resolution limit is 1000x1000 "mine is 1000x600"

I have several of questions...

2- If i won, How can i receive the reward? "I don't have bank account!"

3- What is the maximum resolution limit for the logo?

P.S. I made 3, but, I didn't know that the minimum resolution limit is 1000x1000 "mine is 1000x600"

I'll answer those questions for you.

1. No, OCs are not allowed, not even canon ponies from the show. If you want to use a pony, it'll have to be a pony silhouette.

2. You could ask your parents to create a Paypal account so that Feld0 can easily send the cash over to the account which can be withdrawn if your parents linked it to a bank account.

3. Any resolution is fine, since it'll be vectored anyway, but anything higher than 1000x1000 should be fine.

If you have any more questions, just ask Feldy.

• Brohoof 1

1. No, OCs are not allowed, not even canon ponies from the show. If you want to use a pony, it'll have to be a pony silhouette.

Minor clarification:

While OC's are not technically disallowed, generic ponies or pony components are really a much better idea. The winners will be asked to sign a legal agreement with Poniverse pertaining to the use of the logo, so it's best to avoid using assets like OC's that belong to someone and could have a claim filed.

Basically the core issue is that no matter what you come up with, it has to be something that nobody can claim to own, one way or another. This means no show assets (since Hasbro owns them) and/or no OC characters designed by, used by, or otherwise owned by other people.

• Brohoof 2