Will you leave the fandom if G5 is dark and full of action?

TheMarkz0ne

Depends how the show's style looks, but if it's more like FiM's then no. Having that, I wouldn't really leave the fandom if it had darker and more action-y elements, but I'd prefer all that to be in the movies. I'd rather the show itself be comedy and slice of life, but still have adventure stuff too.

Edited by vgmaster9

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be very intrigued if G5 became darker than G4. And the day I leave the fandom is the day /b/ becomes safe to browse. It's just not going to happen.

Edited by A goat

Ok first of all, G5 is not likely to happen anytime soon. Now, for my thoughts on it, if it was written well, and didn't have excess blood and random violence, didn't have gore and stuff, then yes I'd watch it.

Of course. MLP was still is and will always be targeted towards little girls. The target group has always been young girls and it will stay that way. I think the darkness and action in Twilight's Kingdom will be as dark as it gets. If they changed their target demographic, they would lose a lot of viewership. Even adults would stop watching. I watch it because it's a light-hearted show and I want it to stay that way.

You can still be in the MLP:FiM fandom (which will probably just been known as the brony fandom in the future) even after Gen 5 happens. It's no different to people who are still avid members of the original mlp show/ toys despite not liking Gen 4 :)

No I wouldn't leave, the idea actually sounds quite interesting. I mean I loved the Twilight Tirek fight in the S4 finale.

Edited by rpc8169
  • Brohoof 1

Of course. MLP was still is and will always be targeted towards little girls. The target group has always been young girls and it will stay that way. I think the darkness and action in Twilight's Kingdom will be as dark as it gets. If they changed their target demographic, they would lose a lot of viewership. Even adults would stop watching. I watch it because it's a light-hearted show and I want it to stay that way.

You haven't watched how ridiculously dark G1 is, have you? MLP is for everyone, not just for 8-year old girls like now, but for all children in general and for the parents.

You haven't watched how ridiculously dark G1 is, have you? MLP is for everyone, not just for 8-year old girls like now, but for all children in general and for the parents.

I have watched G1. What I meant was that I don't want it to be too dark that it wouldn't appeal to the target audience. Like I don't want it to have PG or PG-13 darkness.

I have watched G1. What I meant was that I don't want it to be too dark that it wouldn't appeal to the target audience. Like I don't want it to have PG or PG-13 darkness.

OH, SHOOT! I didn't see it was you, JLee! I thought it was someone else, sorry, 

Depends how dark...no I NEVER plan to leave the fandom unless it went WAYYY over

G1 dark? AWESOME!!!!! I would love it more I like both G4 and G1 and it would feel like a hybrid of both

darker? maybe...all said....

and if the characters were the same and stuff wouldn't it be more of a 4.5?  

Depends on what G5 brings, but I don't see MLP:FiM going away anytime soon. It's the most popular media adaption of MLP to date. 

Now if and when this G5 happens, and they come out with a new tv show, I hope that it is similar to FiM. If it gets too girly, then I might not watch. If it gets darker won't affect me much. But I do appreciate the lighthearted nature of the show. 

Don't need to fix what ain't broke :P

• 9 months later...

I'm a fan of Family Guy, Futurama, & South Park.  So, no, I probably won't drop the show.  But, I would definitely prefer they used new ponies, perhaps descendants of the originals.  As they said (In Scary Movie 2 ?, ICR) "Remember. As a rule, sequels suck"

(edited)

I haven't seen any cartoons follow the nitty gritty detail these days, if it did it would end up having an older viewership rating maybe ending up in a cable channel like Comedy Central, MTV or Adult Swim. If it stays children rated the best way it would end up is colorfully and "safe" animated with an intricate story like Gravity Falls or Steven Universe but nitty gritty is hard to comprehend. South Park follows a very dark nature but it isn't aired when children come from school and is specifically for late teens and adults. I just have a hard time comprehending how a story about a bunch of doe eyed, four legged equines could become nitty gritty.

Knowing myself I probably wouldn't like G5.

Edited by cider float

(edited)

Hmm, like others I think I wouldn't leave the fandom...I've only just arrived  :wub: and I still feel I have much good mileage in being a fan of the current generation regardless of what comes after. I don't particularly want after a darker iteration of MLP, I'm very much a fan of the lighter visuals, I think it enables the show to deal with interesting stuff while remaining cheerful and appealing.

Edited by Mobley

It depends. If it works, then no. If it doesn't then yes. I suppose I'd have to give it a chance. I'm not some hardcore fan or anything so I probably won't be affected as much. I love MLP as much as the next brony, but I'm also a fan of Pokémon and Fairy Tail and stuff so I probably wouldn't have that much of a problem.