Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Get your OC rated (temporarily closed due to overwhelming demand)

Silverwisp the Bard

(edited)

Do you have an OC?

Do you feel it could be improved, but you're not quite sure how?

Woke up at night in a sweat, thinking "Would Silverwisp approve of my design?"

Well, you're in luck, 'cuz in this thread I will take a throughout look at any submitted OC and let you know what I think of it and how he/she/it could be improved. I might even draw it for you,if its really awesome.

ATTTENTION: This will not be along the lines of "10/10 absolutely flawless, so awesome."  If I find something is lacking, I will tell you so. If you can't deal with the fact of some guy on the internet disliking your creation, don't participate.

Also, if you want to do me a favour/get back at me, let me know what you think of my various OCs:

Silverwisp

Joan

Butch

Schnuppe

Don't be afraid to speak your mind, I can take it img-1463617-1-smile.png

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 1

I love your OC,Silverwisp!

Anyhow, im not afraid to get some critics on my OC, in fact i think its good.

post-976-0-68682800-1332680570_thumb.jpg

Yes, at this time, i forgot to add his cutiemark. If you need to know for some reason what it is, let me know ;)

I love your OC,Silverwisp!

Glad to hear it. Which one?

Anyhow, im not afraid to get some critics on my OC, in fact i think its good.

Well, at the moment I can really just judge the appearance.

Mane and tail contrast nicely with the coat, there seems to be some weirdness going on with the back behind the neck, but that could just be the picture. Maybe change the eyes to a different colour to bring some variety to the colourscheme.

Overall I'd say 7/10 on the appearance: Solid design, but not terribly memorable. Could be very much improved by adding some accessory (nothing from ponycreator).

Would love to hear about the cutiemark/backstory.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Glad to hear it. Which one?

I am specially found of "Silverwisp" I love his design.

-Snip-.

I don't have a story for him just yet. I'm waiting with that until i can join some sort of roleplay.

And i've been thinking of adding a few accordance to him. Like yours, i've been thinking of medieval fantasy accessories. 

And about that "thing" on the back.

Its just the picture and the artist who drew that. He does not have something like that originally x3

Edited by Vicke

Well, you've seen Asnee, and Sky Warden's colours are kinda mainstream (I seriously didn't think that it was mainstream). Cunning Horn has a terrible design. At least his design isn't something I can be proud about. How about my mare instead? I actually made this OC for someone, but later it became my OC.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/earth-saphina-r3282

That's the link. The picture is drawn by Crystal Rose, and you can see her on my current avatar.

(edited)

Here is my main OC Whirlwind and Ponysona. used for most RP

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/whirlwind-r1650

Swift Echo

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/swift-echo-r1055

Wild Card- I mainly made him in the hope that one day some pony will make a wild west RP

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/wildcard-r2434

I do have a Mid evil era like OC but he is currently in development

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rely like the design of Silverwisp as well as the detail you added about his hat but Miri kinda steals his spot light on the page as she just seems more interesting.

8/10  

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 1

I would like for you to take a look a my OC Misty Leaves. You can find the link to her page down in my signature. There are a few pictures of her, so be sure to scroll all the way down.

(edited)

ok well this should be pretty interesting, lets give this a try smile.png

First off i have my character Kitsu (she is normally a fox girl) but seeing how i like the poines, i decided to give her a pony form as well

Purple-ish one is Sinthela

i designed this one to be in a contest on DA

whelp, there you have them smile.png

post-10537-0-24899200-1368610031_thumb.jpg

post-10537-0-67572800-1368610379_thumb.jpg

post-10537-0-87170300-1368610393_thumb.jpg

Edited by RaptorART

I like this thread. I'll start with OP

Silverwisp: I like his design a lot actually, he reminds me of a scarecrow. He gives me the vibe that he's a powerful magician but it seems that he is a musician, the name is spot on, and it fits his accesories and appearance very well. 10/10

Joan: I like her color scheme, and I like that you wanted to explore with night royal guards, but I don't like the way she's drawn and also I don't like pony braidtails (that's a personal preference though), the steretypical Rainbow Dash's mane kills me x_x 5/10

Butch: I didn't liked Diamond Dogs in Rarity's episode, and I still don't like them, but I really like butch. His armor is MARVELOUS/BEAUTIFUL I think that's why I liked him lol. I love his armor and I like the fact that you were creative with his design, like yes, he's a diamond dog, but you didn't do him exactly like one. 9/10

Schnuppe: (what a weird name) she looks like Misty from pokemon, which makes the whole OC purpose biased to me, no matter what I do, I see Misty :/ 7/10

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have one I'd like to hear your opinion on if you don't mind, I'll just put a link to it rather than copy paste the whole thing.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/scarlet-star-r2707

Here's the picture anyway though (please forgive the cutie mark, it's a placeholder for now);

post-9735-0-40845300-1368612865_thumb.jpg

I'd like any feedback I can get as these are two of my main characters in a series I'm working on.

Of course if anyone else wants to throw in their two cents feel free :)

Of all your characters I particularly like Butch, partly because he's not a pony or changling so points for originality in my book. I like that he essentially got luck to achieve his status.

Edited by Fridge

Joan: I like her color scheme, and I like that you wanted to explore with night royal guards, but I don't like the way she's drawn and also I don't like pony braidtails (that's a personal preference though), the steretypical Rainbow Dash's mane kills me x_x 5/10
post-10241-0-51903500-1367641144.jpg

YOU INSANE! Everypony loves braid tails. ^_^

Well, my favourite OC of Silverwisp is Joan. Her colour is beautiful (even though gray or white and blue or purple combination is rather mainstream), along with the personalities. I like the armour and the Gala dress.

About Silverwhisp I like his hat, and even though yellow and red don't really fit with each other, he still looks nice.

I really like Butch (did I spell it right?). Nice armour (dat beard), and... whatever sticks on his body. :lol:

Scnuppe is a cute filly. I don't really have something to say about her. Her name is very hard to spell though. :P

Well that escalated quickly. Let's start working it off.

My OC is in my avatar. Her name is Glimmer Note and she's a pop star who travels through Equestria on tours...

Again, I can only really judge the appearance.

The design is rather simple, but the colours work for me and the headset makes her recognizable. Maybe switch thecurve (or whatever its called) to the back of the head to free up the upper mane.

7.5/10

ILike yours, i've been thinking of medieval fantasy accessories. 

Well, my art thread is crammed with those, if you're looking for inspiration.

Well, you've seen Asnee, and Sky Warden's colours are kinda mainstream (I seriously didn't think that it was mainstream). Cunning Horn has a terrible design. At least his design isn't something I can be proud about. How about my mare instead? I actually made this OC for someone, but later it became my OC.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/earth-saphina-r3282

That's the link. The picture is drawn by Crystal Rose, and you can see her on my current avatar.

Sky Warden:

Design: Decent design, but the whte har in combination with the headshape make him look way older than he's supposed to be. The outlines on the hooves look a bit too dark to me. 6/10

Backstory: It's okay, could use a bit more stuff actually happening 7/10

Overall: 7/10

Asnee:

Design: Like it a lot, though I fell the ponycreator does not do the idea justice (is he supposed to have eyelashes?). Possibly change his cutiemark to something a bit more simplistic, like one of those the wooden training poles Bruce Lee used to punch. 7/10

Backstory: Like it a lot, feels canon. 8/10

Overall: 8/10

Saphina:

Design: Like it a lot, colour work well and Rose drawing it doesn't hurt either. Maybe ditch the earth from the sutiemark, it looks a bit like a caramel apple a the moment. 8/10

Backstory: What exaxtly did she studyhuh.png ? Again,not much happening. 6/10

Overall: 7/10

My OC is Missy Starlight, she is in my description, not exactly an original look but i hope you like it anyway.
(It is basically a restyled RD picture.)

Time to make myself unpopular:

Design: The colours don't really work for mlp, too intense. Maybe look up a colour guide for OCs (there some floating around the webs). 3/10

Backstory: -Alicorn -Angsty no-friends background -Alicorn. Yeah, not a fan, at least her parents didn't get murdered: 3/10

Overall: 3/10

• Brohoof 1

Design: Decent design, but the whte har in combination with the headshape make him look way older than he's supposed to be. The outlines on the hooves look a bit too dark to me. 6/10

That's indeed the purpose of the design.

Like it a lot, though I fell the ponycreator does not do the idea justice (is he supposed to have eyelashes?).

I know. My life is tragic right? :(

What exaxtly did she studyhuh.png ? Again,not much happening. 6/10

Eh? Didn't I mention that she studied herbal? I think I forgot to put that part.

Never thought you would check all of my OCs. :lol:

Well, Cunning Horn.

(edited)

My OC is Stardust Gem ( name I have right now) shes an alicorn but she's not OP but she is a time traveler so just worry about that for the most part and here is the picture  and her cutie mark is a clock or a sandtimer with a knife going through it and music ledger lines behind it

post-15259-0-90613200-1368952365.jpg

Edited by rascal61

Well, I guess sooner or later I would have to indulge my curiosity. I would like a review for my OC Max. Link is the top on in the signature. Here are two pictures for you. One full body one, and one for a closer look at the head.

post-13314-0-42767600-1368954461_thumb.jpg

post-13314-0-36246100-1368954554_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

I must admit, I am curious about what anypony think of my oc. Her name is Smiley Bookpony. The link to her character's sheet is in my sig. I am sorry I can't help you much about your character, but I find them all quite interesting, especially the Diamon Dog.

Here is my main OC Whirlwind

Design: The eyecolour does not go well with the mane. Apart from that, there's nothing really wrong with it, but again kinda forgettable. Maybe come up with a different mane or tail style. 6/10

Background: Decent backstory (like the tie in of other OCs), but the bit with the abusive father seems tagged, since you drop it after one paragraph. Either expand on it and make it relevant or drop it. 7/10

Overall: 6/10 (I'm deducting one point for grammar and punctuation)

Swift Echo

Design: Doesn't really work for me: The blue is too dark too fit into the show's aesthetic, the shapeof the head makes him look older than he's supposed to be and the brand (aside from not being black) is so small, it looks more like an error than an intentional mark. Again the eyecolour seems too stark maybe try out different shades. 4/10

Backstory: Like it, though iI would change the "living on the street" to "in an orphanage" and drop the parts about the famliars (that seems like really advanced magic) and FancyPants (not integral to your story and might rub people the wrong way). 7/10

Overall: 5/10 (again, grammar)

Wild Card

Design: Okay, I really like the concept you got going here, if I can find the time, I'll give drawing him a shot. 8/10

Backstory: Like it, suffers horribly from bad grammar. Only thing  would change is swapping the gun or throwing knives/cards (never liked firearms in mlp) 7/10

Overall: 6/10 (you know why)

I rely like the design of Silverwisp as well as the detail you added about his hat but Miri kinda steals his spot light on the page as she just seems more interesting. 8/10

Yeah, I gotta give her her own pagelaugh.png . She just started out as a vague concept for a bodyguard/companion, hence as a footnote on Wisp's profile.

I would like for you to take a look a my OC Misty Leaves

Design: Like it a lot: the colours work well with each other and the cutiemark is one of the best I've seen on an OC thus far. Maybe make the coat a tad brighter and tweak the mane and tail a bit to make them your own. 8/10

Backstory: Again very nice, feels canon too (love the cutiemark story and the bit about snowstorms). It would be nice to kn know, where her fresh start took her though. 8/10

Overall: 8/10

• Brohoof 1