Do You Like Day or Night Better?

~Sole~

day vs night  

89 users have voted

1. 1. which one do you like more?

• luna's night
    • celestia's day

(edited)

I've had arguments with my friends about this, is the day really that much more loved then the night? This isn't a celestia vs luna poll, but its okay to add that to your argument. Its also not a "which one is more useful" poll, just which you like more. For me, I love the night, and the moon in general much more then the day.

Edited by drocsid-soahc
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Night for me. I absolutely love the night. I don't hate the day, I just prefer the night a lot more. That's why I stay up all night on holidays biggrin.png

I don't know why Celestia's day is liked more then Luna's night. The night is just.... so pretty....

Edited by PinkiePieStyle16
  • Brohoof 1

I am a reader, I love reading and I love using my Imagination at its highest, when I read I need Peace and quiet, which means I need nighttime.

so yes, I love the night beacuse of how peacefull it is, I can enjoy myself without the worries of a family member coming and and telling me or asking me to do something that disrupts my reading.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I find that day is more practical, since everything is closed at night. And it's usually tough to see when there is no blazing light source up in the sky. It's not that I "shun the night", it's just that I can get a heckofa lot more done during the daytime.

• Brohoof 1

I have always like the day better. I don't know why I guess I just feel safer. When I was a kid I didn't like the dark and to human nature darkness is bound to evil. You get what I am trying to say?blink.png

Luna is deeply disappointed D:

hah I like night more. but people use the day as their chance to be active, whereas at night we operate less efficiently and we can't really see and stuff and naturally we get tired (unless someone reversed the cycle O_O)

plus keep in mind plants require light, as do humans to an extent, to continue living (vitamin D I believe?)

Plus night gives a fear, or maybe because we built that fear ourselves: seeing monsters, aliens, shady gangsters etc. in dark alleyways. notice that everything seems safer during the day.

It's just a human thing.

I like night though.. it's actually quiet. and nobody tries to annoy you for no reason other than to ask weird questions.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer the day when it comes to hanging out with friends, and being able to do things that I don't do at night. But at night, I am able to be a night wolf in my own room. So I like the day, not like I don't like the night. laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The night is more magical, but due to the limits of our vision, and need for sleep, it's never something we can embrace or understand fully. It's that mystery that I enjoy.

Edited by Nature Spell

Eh idk, I enjoy some things about each. I mean you can't do a whole lot at night because things close, but its pretty and its peaceful and quiet, so I enjoy it for some things.

I enjoy each in different situations I suppose.

(edited)

I prefer the night, I just love driving during the nights. Of course it's more beautiful driving during the day due to scenery. But during nights I just feel awesome, with the bass kicking and knowing that people can't see inside the car. Kind of makes me feel like a boss. Especially when I just stop somewhere I'm very noticeable. I love the nights, although its mostly because of cars I also like everything like the stars, the northern lights and just the fresh night air.

Also a lot of cars get out of the garage during the night, so it is really fun.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

The night! The night's the best! It's when everyone in the real world starts to go to sleep and is finally leaving me alone. At night I can do the things that I want without anyone disturbing me, which is wonderful. Besides that, the streets and the nature only lit by the light of the moon is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Everything's just so relaxing, everything's just so silent. Like the whole world's gone to bed after a hard day of work. Luna's night is best night.

tumblr_m5fkzo1kRC1qc5ffho1_1280.png

If i'm honest? 

I actually like them both the same. I love the day because of the practicality, and I can do loud things, I can see friends and have a good time

But I love the night because of the peace and tranquility you can have. Also it's easier to go running at night. 

I personally enjoy the night more because it is so peaceful and quiet plus when I get tired I can curl up and sleep with my girlfriend so all in all I prefer the night

Night? Day? Both feel the same as I type away on my computer xD

I do the same things during both- visit friends, browse forums, play pony music, etc.

During the day, I admire natural scenery; at night, I enjoy the peaceful ambiance.

• Brohoof 1

I love the night.

Peace and quiet! I can read during the night to relax and rest easy afterwards. Worries and things seems to drift away for me during the night time. Plus there is nothing like laying outside on a clear night and star gaze :3 that is why I prefer it every-time.

• Brohoof 1

As a writer, and someone with a strong imagination with a large affinity for the quiet. I highly prefer the night. Sometimes, I'd just climb up the ladder that went to a club house in my backyard (before it was torn down) and just lay up there staring at the night till I fell asleep. With no blanket.

The night's beauty is unmatched by nearly anything, and it has a naturally calming atmosphere and aura to it, which, in retrospect, brings a lot of happiness to people. And, beyond natural expectations, the Night Time is actually more an an anti-depressant, than something saddening. I love the night and all it gives us.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Presonally, I prefer the day. I enjoy brightness and colourful scenery and I feel like I want to get stuff done more during the day. I feel like the day is more "fun" and in comparison I feel like night-time is somewhat more "dull" and there's nothing really interesting to do.

That said, I do have respect for the night as well, because there's few things I enjoy more than a good, long night's sleep.

Edited by Gigapony

I cant really say. I love looking at the moon and stars. Walking in the cool night air. I also love walking on a nice bright sunny day, looking at the blue sky and clouds. 

I love the night. I'm definitely more of a night person than day. I love to stay up late and I hate getting up early. It's just a story, not based on any actual fact because from what I've seen there are a helluva lot more night owls than early birds.

I believe part of Luna's problem was that, a thousand years ago, people did not stay up late very much. Apart from maybe one small bar in town, most people went to bed at a decent hour because civilization was still very, very basic, and agriculture, which is focused around the sun, dominated a lot of family's time. Safe to assume it was the relatively same thing with ponies. Thus, the day -was- probably more inclined to be 'appreciated' in Luna's eyes, because that's the only time when people could get things done. They -needed- to use nighttime to sleep because being a night owl just wasn't woven into the culture yet.

When Luna came back a thousand years later, and got turned back to normal from Nightmare Moon, I'm sure she began to find that more and more ponies stay up later nowadays, because in the modern world there's more things to do now that agriculture isn't mandatory for most people, and society has evolved. I'm sure Luna began to understand that sleeping didn't mean they weren't appreciating her, too, but I think this also plays as a big factor.

I'm weird. I like Celestia more than Luna (though both are awesome), but I prefer night over day. Quiet. Don't have to deal with people :3

• Brohoof 3

I'm a night owl.. I'm usually more active at night. It's not that I like the dark, I actually don't like it thanks to creepypasta o_o, it's just so much more peaceful at night. And cold. I LOVE the cold, and I live in a place that gets to be over 100º in the daytime, so some nights I'll lay out on my front lawn and just look at the moon. 

If you haven't gotten the point yet I like Luna's night more.

• Brohoof 1

I'm weird. I like Celestia more than Luna (though both are awesome), but I prefer night over day. Quiet. Don't have to deal with people :3

I thought I was the only one who felt the same way ;D

OT: It's pretty hard for me to choose over day and night, I mostly hang out with my friends at their house for a nice swim on a sunny day, while I can sleep over another friend's house while we walk near a cliff with an awesome view at night time.

But I think I'd rather day a tad bit more than night IMO xP Oh by the way, has anyone seen this Disney short film? It's pretty cool B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkykBaUxGB8

• Brohoof 1

In all honesty, I wouldn't be able to choose one over the other. Each time has it's perks that just make it awesome.

In the daylight, you get to see all colours and patterns that the Sun provides. Nothing is more awe-inspiring than looking out my back window during late-summer-autumn and seeing the sun set over the hills in the distance.

However, during the night, it's a lot calmer (where I live). The weather is (usually) nice and peaceful, and all that is really needed is a mild, cool breeze while sitting under the stars. Luckily, my area is rather small and I can usually see all the stars light up in the sky (astronomy ftw :3). I love being able to sit up on my roof during the summer and just stare out into space.

Definitely the night for me. (Not just because I'm a Luna fan :P)

I love Lunar, she's so pretty when she glows while the landscape casts a silhouette. Everything is peaceful and quiet, as you gaze at Lunar and the stars.

(And yes, I call the moon 'Lunar', because that is what she is suppose to be called!) angry.png