Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

My parents do know. My Mum is fine with it and even watched an episode with me and my Dad doesn't seem to care, although he does tease me about it a lot. Both are reluctant to buy or let me buy pony merch as they think it is a waste if money. But they are fine with me watching the show

Yes they do  (even know I had to tell every one of them what a brony is XD) they do not mind at all.(even know my step dad teases about it bit not in too much of a offensive way I find it funny how he walks out the room when it comes on and he ha only watched two episodes and both had been a little plain he is fine with the fandom but he does not like the show (he does not hate it just not a fan) my mom took it very well all I have to say.

Ha I want your parents now that sense of humor is amazing XD 

Some people prefer to keep it quiet about being a brony it's pretty much normal....

Tell him if you have a long talk about it likely he will not find it weird :)

I know about all the closet brony stuff, I am just saying that he is a lunatic away from MLP as well :P

My parents know Im a briny but it's no big secret. The show is good and since I watch it with my brother, it's not a secret.he couldn't keep his mouth shut if he tried BUT he's very nice and isn't afraid to talk about the MLP fandom with me and my friends. So that's good.

My parents and sibling know, and now my mom watches it with me. They're cool with it, because they can see why I like it.

Also I forgot to add that my dad watches it as well. Not like me but he will sit down and watch with me.

My parents do know, at first, my dad thought it was cute, and my mom could've cared much less. But then I showed them a documentary on Netflix I found called: Bronies

My Dad assumed that bronies are gay faggots, and that I'm friends with gay faggots. So, he became anti-brony.

My Mom thought bronies were cute, and thought that my dad was just being rude, and judging their taste.

After that, I showed my mom an episode, she liked it, and her favorite was, of course, Applejack. *Hint: My mom is from Kentucky*

After seeing all of your posts, I'm SO thankful that I'm a girl.

My parents and some of my relatives know I'm a brony. They have nothing against it, but sometimes my Dad will tell me to be more serious about life instead of watching cartoons in general. He's always been like that.

Yes, yes they do. And they don't have the slightest problem with it.

Yeah, they know, and so do a handful of my other relatives. They say as long as I am able to support myself and don't become consumed by it (as has sadly been the case for other things in my life), I can watch it for as long as I'd like.

I've given up telling my dad about any of my interests or trying to please him. Considering he has told me how unhappy he is with how my life has turned out

I didn't grow to be as tall as he thought I should. I didn't make the cut to play on the high school soccer team like I should have. I don't have any interest in auto mechanics like I should. I don't care about bulking up like he does. I don't have the same definition of what "manliness" is. I don't enjoy roughhousing like I should. I didn't choose the Air Force or Software / App Programming like he says I should. I don't take life seriously like I should. I'm paranoid about the government like I should be. I watch too many kids shows and Disney movies like I shouldn't. Yada yada yada Bleh!

I can only imagine the overwhelming disappointment if I were to tell him that I like MLP! However, if and when he does find out, I'll just throw back in his face that I'm happy with my life (unlike him) and that he has no room to talk because he has taken his nieces to watch Tinker Bell movies (which I've also seen some of them and they're funny too).

My mom doesn't know, but my mom is just the opposite of my dad. She supports me in my decisions and so I don't think I'm necessarily scared for her to know I'm a brony, but it just hasn't come up yet. (I've only considered myself a brony for about 3 months now).

I've given up telling my dad about any of my interests or trying to please him. Considering he has told me how unhappy he is with how my life has turned out

I didn't grow to be as tall as he thought I should. I didn't make the cut to play on the high school soccer team like I should have. I don't have any interest in auto mechanics like I should. I don't care about bulking up like he does. I don't have the same definition of what "manliness" is. I don't enjoy roughhousing like I should. I didn't choose the Air Force or Software / App Programming like he says I should. I don't take life seriously like I should. I'm paranoid about the government like I should be. I watch too many kids shows and Disney movies like I shouldn't. Yada yada yada Bleh!

I can only imagine the overwhelming disappointment if I were to tell him that I like MLP! However, if and when he does find out, I'll just throw back in his face that I'm happy with my life (unlike him) and that he has no room to talk because he has taken his nieces to watch Tinker Bell movies (which I've also seen some of them and they're funny too).

My mom doesn't know, but my mom is just the opposite of my dad. She supports me in my decisions and so I don't think I'm necessarily scared for her to know I'm a brony, but it just hasn't come up yet. (I've only considered myself a brony for about 3 months now).

Hmph. Interesting indeed, being a brony isn't something to be ashamed of, what's something to be ashamed of is that you have a parent who discriminates like he does, (Not saying that I do not like you for it, I just don't like your father) I do not think that any thing that you enjoy is shameful. Also, the Tinker Bell movies are AWESOME :3

Yes. My sister constantly teases me for it but my parents dont seem to mind!

Lemme talk to your sister, I can make her a pegasister.

I don't know if my parents should know that I'm a fan of MLP or not.

They should! You most likely really like MLP:FiM so people should know what you like (Your parents should)

@

I know how awkward that conversation is... ugh. they think im some kind of pervert or something... whatever.

Yes, yes they know.

Wait, why would they think you're a pervert? Do you clop, or do they think you clop?

• Brohoof 1

Hmph. Interesting indeed, being a brony isn't something to be ashamed of, what's something to be ashamed of is that you have a parent who discriminates like he does, (Not saying that I do not like you for it, I just don't like your father) I do not think that any thing that you enjoy is shameful. Also, the Tinker Bell movies are AWESOME :3

Thanks for the support! I've even talked with my mom about how the only really helpful things I've learned from my father over the last 20 years have been:

1) Be respectful to girls and women [i have six sisters and no brothers]

2) I learned from my father all the traits that I do NOT want to have as a father.

I was hanging out with my little nieces that like MLP and they wanted to watch a show, so we turned on the tv and part of one of the Tinker Bell movies was on. It was hysterical! I also fell in love with Fawn. (She's funny, cute, and is voiced by America Ferrera, who also voices Astrid in my favorite movie ever, of all time--How to Train Your Dragon)!

Edited by PE Brony

No, no they don't. My friends and my sister do, and a few of them are pegasisters as well.

I leave some pony-related stuff around my room, like my drawings and plushies, but they don't know I'm part of the fandom and watch the show. When I first discovered MLP FiM awhile back, they knew I watched it. I think they just have assumed I "grew out of it" and found some other obsession.

If I didn't have a flatscreen in my bedroom, I don't know what I'd do, coz I wouldn't be watching it downstairs!

I don't see any reason why I should tell them, as it's not as important as telling your parents other things. It would be a little awkward, but I guess more of the awkwardness would be sitting them down and telling them for no particular reason, and saying super-seriously: "I watch My Little Pony." :blink:

Thanks for the support! I've even talked with my mom about how the only really helpful things I've learned from my father over the last 20 years have been:

1) Be respectful to girls and women [i have six sisters and no brothers]

2) I learned from my father all the traits that I do NOT want to have as a father.

I was hanging out with my little nieces that like MLP and they wanted to watch a show, so we turned on the tv and part of one of the Tinker Bell movies was on. It was hysterical! I also fell in love with Fawn. (She's funny, cute, and is voiced by America Ferrera, who also voices Astrid in my favorite movie ever, of all time--How to Train Your Dragon)!

No problem! I'm here to help EVERYPONY :D

I think your father is actually pretty smart on somethings, but you should just inform him a bit more. Remember, they can complain about this generation, but who raised the generation? Also, remember that hiding something that you love or enjoy only hurts you, it helps no one. Be who you are and your life will work out, I promise you that :)

@@Kyobona

they just instantly assumed i did.

Wow. I really dislike these ponies who created this silly stereotype that we just all clop, flood forums with pony pics and are little wussies. I know I'm supposed to love and tolerate everyone, but it is hard with some people in my own community... 

No, no they don't. My friends and my sister do, and a few of them are pegasisters as well.

I leave some pony-related stuff around my room, like my drawings and plushies, but they don't know I'm part of the fandom and watch the show. When I first discovered MLP FiM awhile back, they knew I watched it. I think they just have assumed I "grew out of it" and found some other obsession.

If I didn't have a flatscreen in my bedroom, I don't know what I'd do, coz I wouldn't be watching it downstairs!

I don't see any reason why I should tell them, as it's not as important as telling your parents other things. It would be a little awkward, but I guess more of the awkwardness would be sitting them down and telling them for no particular reason, and saying super-seriously: "I watch My Little Pony." :blink:

Hmmm.. I find it amusing that your sister and some friends know that you're a brony but your parents don't. Also, just set up a trap. When they are out, and you know they are coming home, put on your FAVORITE episode of MLP, and just like have SOOO much fun with it. It'll be way better, because 1 it shows to them how much you like MLP, and two it's a lot less awkward. 

My mom does. And since I haven't seen my dad in 28 years, I'm pretty sure he has no idea lol.

How'ed your mum learn that you're a brony?

No problem! I'm here to help EVERYPONY :D

I think your father is actually pretty smart on somethings, but you should just inform him a bit more. Remember, they can complain about this generation, but who raised the generation? Also, remember that hiding something that you love or enjoy only hurts you, it helps no one. Be who you are and your life will work out, I promise you that :)

Well, those are very valuable lessons to have learned from him. But I've learned more of how I want to be from my mother! I'm a mama's boy for sure! haha

I don't hide it completely, because I have told one of my sisters and her three little girls, and I have an old roommate that is a brony as well (he's the reason I became one). But here at college, I haven't told anyone yet. There's a couple people I feel I could tell that would accept it without issues. I'll see how things work out!

How'ed your mum learn that you're a brony?

I don't hide anything. Plus, facebook...plus the fact I have dogtags hanging above my computer.