Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

• Of course they know it and i don't care at all. I watch episodes on my computer and while i was watching, i always has turned the volume up and never use headphones :D

• For example; i can talk about my friends with my family in this forum. I also like drawing ponies and when i finished my arts, i share them with my family first, before posting and they always give me positive feedback about my arts ;) '''

My parents know I watch the show, my Dad doesn't even know the title, he just sees the merchandise around my room and sometimes says I've got too much. I asked my Mom if she wanted to watch one of the documentaries, but she said no. My Mom just accepts it. Neither of them know the term Brony.

Absolutely.  I told my sister first though, and she has become a fan.  

For a while I drove over to my parents house to watch the new episodes as they came out, as they already had the channels.  On such saturdays, my dad was really likely to be hanging out in the same room, though not giving it his full attention.  

They don't care that much generally, but were probably thrilled it brought me to their house an additional time per week.  

• Brohoof 2

Of course, but I don't consider myself a big brony. Well, to be more accurate I just watch the show and do personal artwork of MLP, I don't, for example, walk around in shirts, collect merch, talk about ponies and say random lines from the show. I normally keep it to myself. The only thing I did for others to see was paint a huge Fluttershy vector on my wall next to my bed. My parents are fine with it, neutral to be honest. I have a baby sister so I guess that's an "excuse". 

My parents don't know that I'm a MLP fan and if they find out that I'm one they will think that it's so weird for me to like this, mainly because they don't know about this whole brony thing in the internet.

Technically no. They know I enjoy the show and buy merch and otherwise. The thing is, they have no clue what the hell a brony is. The have no qualms with me liking it though. Not that it would matter if they did, as they know more than anybody that I couldn't give a damn about what people think of me. XD So, I had to vote other.

Technically no. They know I enjoy the show and buy merch and otherwise. The thing is, they have no clue what the hell a brony is. The have no qualms with me liking it though. Not that it would matter if they did, as they know more than anybody that I couldn't give a damn about what people think of me. XD So, I had to vote other.

Honestly I think thats the best way to be if its possible, funnily parents are more likely to disprove of bronies than mlp itself

Yes they know and i regret the moment I told them. It was fine and perfect the first two years but now they basically try to change me and not just that, but they use it against me sometimes and dont think i can be mature and make good decisions on my own because i watch a cartoon show... How stupid is that?!

• Brohoof 1

Mine seem to be fine with it I will not tell most friends they wouldnt understand I can see it being used against me tho. Its sad to hear violet_s that your parents are like that to you just because you like a cartoon show does not mean you are immature that is just a silly way of looking at it

• Brohoof 1

The only family member of mine who knows I'm a brony is my brother. I don't find it necessary to tell my parents cause first off they may not know what a brony is and secondly I don't bother telling them cartoons I like.  Guessing by how I Only watch cartoons on television they wouldn't be one bit surprised by it besides the strange title of the show.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I never told my parents that I'm a pegasister, but they have seen me buy merch, and watch the show :orly:  But I'm unsure if they think I'm a pegasister or not... :adorkable:  But my mom does give me a weird look whenever I buy pony stuff or even just go to the mlp isle... :confused:

I'm not actually sure they know. I sometimes leave my YouTube account open on the main computer (my parents use it sometimes) and it has pony content on it. They don't say anything about it, so they seem pretty cool about it. I don't tell them because it would be pretty awkward. I also don't confess in school cause I'm afraid I might be made fun because of it for some reason...

(edited)

Being a Muslim my parents are on my case when it comes to what I view online. At first they were chill about it, but now my father is upset and thinks that MLP is leading me away from religion. He also was visibly upset at my MLP happy meal toys in front of my laptop, and even then I don't display them like statuettes all day - I only kept them there for personal company as I write fanfics. (Says the guy who never even watched an episode of MLP, but honestly my father doesn't like entertainment in general anyways)

As such I'm keeping my distance. I don't make MLP art for fun anymore and I don't write fanfics - just non-MLP novels now, and even then fantasy genre is kept to a minimum. However, I still watch the show, read the comics, and browse DA from time to time. My YT channel is now towards Islamic content primarily, with little to no MLP-related videos.

I'm still pondering about my happy meal figurines and my brushables since my father doesn't like the fact that I have them (I'd bet you he'd be wearing a big smile if I told him that I threw them in the trash)

of course I'd never do that

Edited by Shabb3r
  • Brohoof 1