Would you rather fight a Lion or a Hippo?

zlogi

Your kidnapped and you wake up in a colosseum. You're given a choice, fight a Lion or a Hippo. If you beat any one of them you can go free. Your given a magic spear that can't break but is only as strong as steel. Who do you fight?

You can be any of your OC's in your response.

post-15739-0-56545800-1370132956.jpg

post-15739-0-18208100-1370133100.jpg

post-15739-0-34632600-1370133143.jpg

Well both animals could easily kill you...but I'd take my chances against the hippo. It's only advantageous in water, so I would still have a fighting chance against it in the arena.

• Brohoof 3

If I could be my OC, then the Lion would be my choice. The skin of a Hippo is pretty damn thick and would be pretty hard to penetrate, plus both of them cannot fly, so that's where I'd have my advantage, just throw the spear directly at them down from the sky.

Hippos are dangerous man, I'd pick the lion for sure.  And like Rainbow Dash Loyalty said, I could fire it in the air since my OC (that is not my avatar) is a pegasus.

I'd go with the lion, having been warned by a particular hippo lover that hippos are one of the most dangerous animals on the African continent and have at one time taken on a bullshark and come out smelling like a rose.

Plus, my OC has magical armor, so I'm pretty sure he would have a better chance of taking on the feral cat. 

(edited)

I would fight the hippo because a lion represents gryffindor (a house at hogwarts. And why it's not a griffon we will never know.) And I shall never fight a fellow SCHOOL...member? Cuz...I'm a Ravenclaw.....yup..... So, the hippo.

Edited by Eureka

The hippo because a lion represents gryffindor (a house at hogwarts. And why it's not a griffon we will never know.) And I shall never fight a fellow house...member? Cuz...I'm a Ravenclaw.....yup.

if you're a fellow Ravenclaw than gryffindors are not fellow house members. 

You don't need 100 characters in any Cloudsdale Colloseum sections.

Anyways, I'll take my chances with the lion. Hippos have really thick skin and really big teeth.

Okay...school members XD. I'm at Hogwarts.....your argument is invalid tongue.png. Thanks for pointing that out.

Hippos can run up to 50km/h! Out of water! For many meters! You are screwed anyway. It's like choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. But i'd pick the hippo anyway. Can dodge the teeth if I'm lucky and ram the spear in it's palate.

The lion can use his paws as well. A bit too risky too try and handle three 'weapons' at one time.