Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Twilight going to replace all the other princess in Season 4?

DashieLives

I will believe what I think not what you think, thank you very much. As I said before Twilight Sparkle will not be very likely to be a princess in season 4. Even if she did, that would not be a very good way of showing friendship. Who knows.. My Little Pony could fall apart if she is a princess.

No, Twilight Sparkle will not replace Princesses Celestia, Luna, or Cadance. Not only, as others have said, did Tara Strong state that Twilight would still be herself and with her friends, but also, why and how could Twilight replace the representatives of the sun, moon, and love, when she doesn't have their abilities? Not to mention, what Twilight would desire in ruling the Crystal Empire as Cadance's replacement?

If this did happen, then I would complain ever so about Twilight becoming way too OP + Mary Sue.

Hasbro may have been stupid enough to shove twilicorn down the writers throats but even they are not stupid enough to make Twilight replaces all of the princesses one can work even with its flawed execution so far while the other screams Mary Sue no matter which way you go about it.

(edited)

Hasbro may have been stupid enough to shove twilicorn down the writers throats but even they are not stupid enough to make Twilight replaces all of the princesses one can work even with its flawed execution so far while the other screams Mary Sue no matter which way you go about it.

Celestia is still too far essential of a supporting character for Hasbro to replace. Even if she has been somewhat relegated to a more background role, she's still the ruler of Equestria and a goddess at that. Expect Twilight to continue looking to Celestia in the future for guidance.

Giving Luna the boot is a remote possibility but it'd be a silly move at that. Her character is so underdeveloped to the point that you might say she's the background alicorn/goddess of the show, even moreso than Cadence. Hasbro has a lot of potential to build upon her that can really appeal to a Luna loving fanbase and advance the show.

As for Cadence. Aside from what's been said, there's also the whole Shining Armor being a prince now. Hasbro's not gonna suddenly change royalty status in less than a season. Plus remember this little bugger Princess Skyla?

69170__.jpg

If the rumors are true that she's indeed the daughter of Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor, we have little reason to doubt that the latter 2 will continue to play a large role in season 4.

Edited by Cwanky

I could see Twilight taking over the throne from Luna and Celestia, maybe. They could do something where Celestia and Luna are running low on magical power, and need Twilight to take over as their successor. After all, Celestia and Luna are over 1,000 years old, so I could see them eventually start to lose their magic. It's highly unlikely, but it could happen. BUT, and it's a big but, if that does happen, it won't be in season 4. Twilight needs way more time to learn how to properly rule first.

As far as Twilight taking over Cadence's throne... Unless it was for a short time because Cadence got really sick or something, that's just a lolno. I can see no plausible reason why Cadence would need to be replaced.

In all likelihood, though, Twilight will have an empire of her own to rule over.

• 3 weeks later...

well, reading these other posts brings up that WELL I AM CERTAINLY GLAD SHE WONT LEAVE HER FRIENDS. the show would fall apart. and i dont think that she would take over from the princesses. but like, maybe cuz' hasbro gave us all quite a turn when they GAVE TWILIGHT WINGS and THREW US ALL INTO TURMOIL about her TAKING OVER THE THE PRINCESS DUTIES and such.  i think that a turn it might take is everypony treating her like royalty, and she tries to make them treat her normally. or she could live near rainbow dash or in cloudsdale and come visit. or maybe she'll just read a bunch of books about flying.

• 4 weeks later...

The short answer : no

The long answer : No, I'll replace them. I am an alicorn with a MUSTACHE. 

photo-thumb-17881.png?_r=1374501490

You can't deny me.

Oh and by the way, In season 4 EVERYONE is an alicorn.

But seriously, I don't think she'll replace them. She's still adorkable, and she has no idea how to be a princess. Her being an alicorn changes nothing. She is the same pony, now she just has wings she can't use, and she has to be bothered by Celestia more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's highly unlikely because as the user Twilight Sparkle stated:

Princess Celestia: Princess of the day

Princess Luna: Princess of the night

Princess Cadence: Princess of love 

So there is only one explanation 

Princess Twilight: Princess of Friendship

This is extremely unlikely and I highly doubt any of the writers will come close to even considering to make such a crazy and monumental decision. Because, one, I'm pretty sure it would piss off a lot of the bronies who love Luna and Celestia. :P

Also it makes no sense. The princesses need to be there to fulfill their roles to help control and manage the day and night cycles. Twilight cannot just replace them and take whole position for herself.

As a princess, Twilight will fulfill her own important role, which is helping the magic of friendship flourish! :P

All the princesses will keep their roles and they will not be replaced by Twilight, trust me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think so, It wouldn't make sense to toss them out,  no matter how you write it. Also, Twilight is only now beginning to learn how to be a princess. She isn't ready to rule all of Equestria.

But what about Ponyville? We already know she won't be separated from her friends, but it seems stupid to have her just live like a normal unicorn in Ponyville when she's really an alicorn princess. So maybe she'll be told to help run Ponyville as ruling practice? I don't know, I'm just speculating, but it might happen (no matter how weird it seems.)

did you not pay attention to how she was acting at the end of S3? she didn't even know what to do as a princess, much less how to overthrow all the others. plus, with all Celestia has done for her, why would she try to one-up her teacher and mentor? i think she's just going to be the princess of ponyville. simple as that.

What if Twilight takes on most, if not all, the duties of Princess Celestia? Is she going to do all of those and still stay in Ponyville with her friends or are they going to come to Canterlot (Rarity would absolutely love that) with her? Apple Jack can't leave the farm. I'm nervous but excited for Season Four...

If you look at Princess Celestia's foil card in the Series 2 of the MLP trading cards. It notes that Princess Celestia is tireless in her defense and governance of Equestria. And asks "will she finally take a break?" It is a very good plot of an episode but only one at most. Princess Celestia and Luna are called away to see Cadence and Shining Armor and Twilight is left to handle the day to day events and activities at the Palace in Canterlot or something like that. I think it would be great to see.

Edited by EQRoyalGuardSGT

She wouldn't replace them simply for the fact that she's still the main character.  I'm not saying that new plotlines won't be introduced (there's one subject that I can almost guarantee will come up at some point in S4), but at the end of the day, Twilight is the character that started the series.  So I'm pretty sure she'll still be learning about friendship and things like that, just under different circumstances.  You really can't call the show Friendship is Magic if they aren't learning about friendship or applying what they've learned.

Edited by SBaby