Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Upcoming Halo (5) Game Announced at E3

Bucky McGillyCuddy

(edited)

Hopefully you've heard the news or seen the announcement.

The next instalment of Halo has been teased at E3 recently and has been stamped with a a 2014 release date. The Chief will also be returning with a new engine supporting 60fps and will be utilising dedicated multiplayer servers (which personally I look very forward to). Of course the only downside is that unfortunately it will be, as it always has, an Xbox exclusive title; meaning you'll have to fork out $599AUS (if I remember correctly) + the $100 or so dollars for the actual game.

post-8423-0-81070100-1371025141_thumb.png

What do you all think? is Halo enough to temp you into buying an XBox One? I know 343's Halo 4 ever so slightly divided the halo nation and if I'm honest I didn't play it as much as I did the Bungie titles but I really enjoyed the new direction the story took even if the multiplayer suffered just a little bit. So I'll definitely remain loyal to the series.

I think bringing in dedicated servers was a very smart decision seeing as though matchmaking in Halo 4 was painfully slow for the quality of connection it provided. I'm 50/50 about the ordinance dynamic Halo 4 brought in and I'm undecided if I'd like it to stay or go. 

Anyway the trailer itself looked absolutely breathtaking, not to mention the soundtrack of which I had multiple eargasms to. So what are all you thoughts on it? What could 343 do to really make you want this game.

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 2

the Xbox one is unsaveable, it is just a fancy TV remote to me, and the way its sounding with the "we have to check up on you, so you cant use the Xbox One unless its online 24 7" thing is just rediculous.

dont get me started on halo, i think its just been tapped out, they really need to just give it a rest, like with battlefield and Call of Duty, give it like 6 years THEN make another one.

• Brohoof 1

It will be the XBox One's drawing card. But Microsoft will have a hard time if they don't Change a few things, even if the new Halo will be outstanding.

And the trailer... I laughed at it. Who wears a frock over an armor like that? Is he a monk now?

Who wears a frock over an armor like that? Is he a monk now?

Yeah that was a little weird. I'm sure they could have thought of a better way to draw out the character than putting a shabby cloak over him. Wasn't very suitable for a universe that takes place in year 2557.

They should just let the series die. (Or at least take a long, long break before even starting development of another entry) It's clearly just become a cash cow to the developers and Microsoft, without any true passion put into it.

Halo is probably the only game I'll possibly ever enjoy, maybe because it was introduced to me as one of the first FPS's I've played and I've grown up with it. You could say I'm a hardcore Halo fan since I'll be with it till the end, and since the beginning.

• Brohoof 1

Didn't they just release Halo 4?They keep this up,and it'll become the sci-fi Call of Duty.

Anyhow,back on the topic at hand,my answer is no.I never actually enjoyed FPSes unless it was with friends or on the PC.The fact that it's on the XBone just makes it more unattractive for me,since I would have to buy the all-seeing Kinect that will watch me in my sleep.

Didn't they just release Halo 4?They keep this up,and it'll become the sci-fi Call of Duty.

Anyhow,back on the topic at hand,my answer is no.I never actually enjoyed FPSes unless it was with friends or on the PC.The fact that it's on the XBone just makes it more unattractive for me,since I would have to buy the all-seeing Kinect that will watch me in my sleep.

and other things too .............ph34r.png  oh well i personally will not be getting the xbox one because of M$ basically telling the offline community or myself to get fucked and stick to the 360

(edited)

I'm one of the biggest fans of Halo there is, yet if the Xbox One is horrible, it doesn't seem worth it to me, no matter how good the game is. My internet connection probably isn't reliable enough to play it for an hour. Microsoft would be losing a big portion of their fanbase, those who don't have a reliable internet connection.

Anyways, back on topic. Master Chief's Fashion Fiesta looks decent so far. If my brother decides to buy an Xbox One, sure I'll check out Halo 5 when it is released, but i'm not going out of my way to play it until i have more details. 

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

Call me a traitor, have me jettisoned from the ship for betraying my former comrades; I'm sorry, Microsoft. Nothing you say will bring me back to you. Nothing. Not even a new Halo game. As amazing as it sounds, unless you clean up your act, I no longer feel the nobility or freedom of being a SPARTAN officer. I've been enlisted for almost 10 years now, and I think it's time I hung up my dogtags.

SPARTAN S-240 "Seraphic Phantom," signing off. >_>

...as dramatic I'd have LIKED that to be, yeah, I'm done with Halo. It's a shame; it really is. I used to be such a hardcore SWAT player, and I've made so many comrades just through this game.

The trailer, while strange and uninformative, was still pretty interesting. Was that a Forerunner War Sphinx? If my suspicions are correct, Halo 4 built up humanity as the new top dogs, only for them to get kicked in the teeth in Halo 5 (supposedly a much darker game). I wonder if that's how things will play out. I'm interested enough to follow this, but will I buy Halo 5?

Nope, definitely not, and I'm certainly not buying the Xbox One, either. My faith in Microsoft had never been strong; the recent announcements only serve to reaffirm Microsoft's horrendous business practices. The few exclusives on Xbox, even if they turn out to be fantastic, aren't worth the $499 price tag, especially when you can get a cheaper, better console for $399, or buy a more expensive PC that can be used for anything. 

Sorry, Microsoft, but your methods just don't fly with me. 

this will be the only reason for me to buy an xbox one

also forza 5!

but as much as i hate it, i still wouldn't buy it after a few years, when the price has dropped. until then. i guess the ps4 will be enough

Halo may be a franchise I cherish, but I don't think it'll be capable of changing my mind on the One.

There is something that we are ignoring, however - Microsoft's delayed PC releases. I've heard rumors of a Halo 3 PC version, and given how Combat Evolved and 2 have PC ports, I wouldn't be surprised if 3 goes down that path as well. Though it does require a lot of patience, it's certainly a work-around for having to buy a One to get 5 and 6.