Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can anyone show me how to use this as a lineart in Photoshop?

Pinkiepieness

So I'm a newbie at photoshop but I've got the basics down. But what I'm very confused with is how to use a hand drawn sketch like this:

tumblr_inline_moaapwkhfK1qz4rgp.jpg

I really want to make this very professional and everything but I just can't seem to get the hang of it..

Any tips or tutorials you guys may have?

*I use photoshop CS4*

Select all the white background using the magic wand tool with contiguous off. Then erase that selection. Create a new layer under it for your color. Or rather multiple layers, one for each color.

Okay, I'm going to suppose what you mean by 'background' is when you open the image in Photoshop, instead of saying 'layer 1' it says 'Background'. If this is the case, then there are two ways to fix this. The one I use is double-clicking on it. The other way is right-clicking on it and selecting 'Layer from Background.' Then, I think there are also ways to remake it. One, just use the 'Magic Wand tool' as Firebolt mentioned, and select the outer part of the picture, and press Delete, or clear it under the 'Edit' tab. Then, you can use the 'pen tool' and try to make a 'path' on the traces you've made. I hope this helped, if you need more clarification on it, feel free to ask me.

<brohoof>

• Brohoof 1