Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which opponent would you like Twilight Sparkle to fight in Death Battle?

Commander_PonyShep

(edited)

I don't know if some of you watched ScrewAttack's web-show, Death Battle, but to those of you who don't, it's a series that pits fictional characters against each other to see who would win.

Here's the link: http://www.screwattack.com/user/death-battle/videos

For me, if I were to pit Twilight Sparkle against anyone in the world of fiction, it'd be the following:

1. Sailor Moon.  Much like Twilight, Sailor Moon is also a princess, only a reincarnation of a princess.  She also increases her own powers through her female friends, the other Sailor Scouts/Soldiers/Senshi/whatever.

2. Blossom of the Powerpuff Girls.  Like Twilight, Blossom is also the brains and leader of her own team of heroes.  Though, Blossom would crush Twilight in a heartbeat because she's more overpowered.

3. Bloom from Winx Club.  Like Twilight and Sailor Moon, Bloom is also a princess, but of the planet Domino.

4. Will Vandom from W.I.T.C.H., another leader of her own all-female team of heroes.  Though, unlike Twilight, Sailor Moon, and Bloom, Will isn't a princess (at least that's what I think).

5. Sakura Kinomoto/Avalon of Cardcaptor Sakura, who has the power to inherit superpowers from the various tarot-themed Clow Cards she collects in her journey.

Or, they could have a six way battle royale that pits Twilight and the five aforementioned magical girl-protagonists against each other, until only one of them survives.  What do you think?  And, who else do you think would make a great Death Battle opponent for Twilight?

Edited by Commander_PonyShep
  • Brohoof 1

Don't know enough about those series' to make any kind of call as to who would win. I'd like to see her take on Dumbledore though. His intelligence and variety trumps hers IMO, but she probably could cause some problems for him with her own overpowered magic. I think Dumbledore could take it in the end.

If we can talk about before the whole Alicorn thing, I'd like to see how she stacks up against Sunset Shimmer from EQG as well.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Don't know enough about those series' to make any kind of call as to who would win. I'd like to see her take on Dumbledore though. His intelligence and variety trumps hers IMO, but she probably could cause some problems for him with her own overpowered magic. I think Dumbledore could take it in the end.

If we can talk about before the whole Alicorn thing, I'd like to see how she stacks up against Sunset Shimmer from EQG as well.

I'm not so sure about that, if Twilight knew the Achilles Heel of Harry Potter wizards:

*Telekinesis on wand, yoink!* followed by *PEWPEWPEW*, off you go to sleep with the Pinkies, Professor Dumbledore.  Or she could turn him into an orange.

Edited by InvisiblePinkUnicorn
  • Brohoof 1

Hmmmmm........

Princess Twilight vs. Princess Peach, just to see Peach get destroyed, because we all know she probably would have a difficult time winning. :P

Or maybe Twilight vs. Dr. Doom, since I think he dabbles in magical arts as well.

Or Twilight versus Jesus or Muhammad, that would be interesting.

Dash Forever mentioned Sunset Shimmer, I would actually like to see that as well, only to see the abilities of Shimmer, whatever they may be.

• Brohoof 1

Brains vs brawn lets see what wins and my pick for this match is none other then Brock Sampson from "The Venture Brothers" see what wins overpowered magic and smarts or overpowered killing machine with a bloodlust

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I honestly, truly cannot think of many opponents at the same level as Twilight at this time (maybe because I just woke up), so I will just say that I feel a good matchup for Twilight would be Silver the Hedgehog, from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, and maybe, possibly Darkrai, from the Pokemon franchise.

I would say Shadow (also from Sonic), but it'd pretty much go the same way as Blossom vs. Twilight Sparkle: Way too fast for the unicorn, and most likely more powerful.

Edited by Alkryn
  • Brohoof 2

Princess Twilight vs. Princess Peach, just to see Peach get destroyed, because we all know she probably would have a difficult time winning.tongue.png

They had one with Princess Peach vs Princess Zelda and Peach ended up winning which I can only realistically see happening if they gave her her healing abilities from Super Mario RPG which they didn't. It was one of the few matches they did I wasn't happy with as Zelda can sometimes get kidnapped but is not entirely helpless in Ocarina of Time she avoided Ganondorf for 7 years by adopting the alter ego Sheik and learning some very powerful magic.

Between the two of them I think Zelda would be a better match for Twilight. Twilight would have the edge in magic but Zelda would have the edge in speed and precision. Out of the characters mentioned I think Sailor Moon would probably be the best bet though there may be someone a bit better.

• Brohoof 1

As for who I'd like to see Twilight go up against?  Voldemort.

She'd crush him. 

"Avada Ke--" *poof*  "Where'd she go?"

"Over here.  This book my new friend Hermione showed me says that's an unblockable spell.  Doesn't say you can't miss."

"Grrrrr!  Avada--" *poof* "Av--" *poof* "Av--" *poof*  "STOP THAT!"

"I don't see why you are so determined to live forever when you're obviously miserable, and don't even have any friends."

"I'm a psychopath!  Why have friends when I'd rather have minions?  Do you think I'd want to be your friend?  Hahahaha!  I don't even like talking to you, when I could be killing you!  Fiendfyre!"

*time-travel spell*

"I'll give you credit, that's a pretty scary spell, but I figured it would have to burn itself out after awhile.  Whelp.  You had your chance to try and learn the Magic of Friendship, but I guess you aren't interested."  *yoink*

"HEY!  You didn't even say 'Expelliarmus!'  I've drank unicorn blood before, little girl!  And I'll taste yours soon enough!  Go ahead then.  Give it your best shot.  You can't kill me!  I have horcruxes!  Something I very much doubt you would ever learn about in any of the books in your little sparkly ponyland!"

"Oh.  I don't have to kill you.  Just trap you forever where there's no escape.  Time to sleep with the Pinkies."  *PEWPEWPEW*  "Somepony obviously didn't know that in Equestria, we can be pretty grimdark when we want to be."

• Brohoof 1

This thread is in unacceptable condition!

unacceptable.gif

How could no pony have brought up Hermione Granger?  She's the only being that would stand a chance against Twilight.  An even mental match, and she proves that even nerds can be sexy.

(edited)

How about Raven from Teen Titans? Why? First of all, they're both avid readers who are proficient in magic. Second of all, Tara Strong would have a field day voicing both of them. Just imagine:

640px-Twilight_while_sending_the_Ursa_ba

VS

raven38.jpg

And lastly, it'd be an even fairer fight now that Twilight can fly. tongue.png

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

Raven would win because she has demonic powers. Plus Twilight isn't really know for being that durable or having that much stamina. She gets hit hard once and she's pretty much down for the count.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle vs Darth Vader. 

Yeah. I actually went there.  Sure Darth Vader may be a sith and all, but he's restricted by computer components, cybernetic limbs and a respirator.  Twilight would have a field day with this guy.

• Brohoof 1

205993__safe_twilight-sparkle_spike_cros

Pictuure above aside, there are plenty of good characters for her to fight

As many said, Sailor Moon, Raven, Harry Potter or Voldemort would be great to see. But overall characters I would love to see the most would be certain magic users in various RPGs, like Vivi or Rydia from Final Fantasy, or Raine or Genis from Tales of Symphonia

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Twilight Sparkle Vs. Edward Cullen

The epic battle of Unicorn vs. Vampire

Something that girls are supposed to like versus something girls can't stop drooling over.

One is a reinvention of a 30 year old toy franchise, the other is a reinvention of a 700 year old legend.

Who would win.. a death battle?

• 1 year later...

Harry Potter seems as a good choice, Harry is much better at magic, but Twilight flies at very high speeds.

Yeah. I actually went there.  Sure Darth Vader may be a sith and all, but he's restricted by computer components, cybernetic limbs and a respirator.  Twilight would have a field day with this guy.

Force choke, and Twi's done.

Harry Potter seems as a good choice, Harry is much better at magic, but Twilight flies at very high speeds.

You know what?  I take that back.

Twilight Sparkle vs Megatron.

You know what?  I take that back.

Twilight Sparkle vs Megatron.

What the...

You can't be serious...

Megatron destroys without mercy all of Equestria with ease!

I mean... IT'S FRIGGIN' MEGATRON!

• Brohoof 1

Definitely Hermione Granger.

She is also an 'egghead' and she can also do magic. Its the perfect comparison.

In an emergency she might be able to teleport out of that of course vader would know where she went off too by using the force some more. Twilight would have to play it safe from a distance to win, and Vader beats her at telekinesis. So she would have to do some laser beams, which he would deflect with the saber, yeah he would win lol.

• Brohoof 1