Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like to know the date of your death?

GhostPony750

epic banana  

68 users have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Continue to live normaly.
    • Greedily grab the 50 million and die in pain seven years later.
    • Neither (trelele)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Thankfully, no one can ever know their absolute time of death. It is one of those things that would really make havoc on this world if people knew, as there would be much more crime and violence, as well as people knowing they would survive past events that would hurt others badly.

• Brohoof 2

Nope. I'd just live normal until I die. 

And speaking of knowing the date of your death, one of my grandmas had a similar situation, though she didn't know the exact date of her death, but she knew the exact year. Everyone thought she was going crazy because she kept telling everyone that she was going to die in 2008, but nobody believed her until she died for real that year. 

There is a recursion problem with knowing one selves' death date:

If you were to learn that you are dying at a specific date because of someone else's action, and that someone else has not yet asked for their date of death, then if that someone else does in fact ask for it and tries to change their ways, your death date is no longer valid as the action changed!

This leads to your date of death changing to sooner, or later. However, if that someone else's death were tied to your death date, and your date changed, their date changed as well....

And that is it!

No resolve, and we no longer know our death dates anymore as they are always changing depending on when we ask for the date. It becomes as random as if we never asked in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

In context of this thread, no, I'd rather live normally. If I knew I was going to die the moment I hit 25, I'd feel like a ticking time bomb.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not sure.

If I knew my date of death, I would probably slowly fall into insanity. I would be so paranoid and upset knowing every day was taking be closer. On the other hand, I would have time to say proper goodbyes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes I would love to know. It’s easier to make plans and arrangements when one knows the timetable involved. I could waste less time on meaningless pursuits and spend more time on the things that matter most. There would be less filler. A clear, planned schedule facilitates efficient use of time, and I’d like to have that.

• 1 year later...