Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLPFan14's Skillet Thread

MLPFan14

Well as you can see I am a huge fan of Skillet and to me they are the best rock band out there and my favorite song by them is Monster and I listen to them every day, so if your a Skillet fan post here your favorite songs and discuss them here :):derp:

• Brohoof 4

I really am excited about their new album coming out I believe tomorrow.  I really like the song Lucy and Best Kept Secret off of the albums Awake and Comatose.  I saw them live at Winterjam a while back, and they were amazing.

• Brohoof 2

Did somebody say Skillet?

I love Skillet! Definately one of my favorite bands, if not my favorite. I love more or less all their songs! Well the ones I've heard, honestly speaking I don't think i've heard them all, but I've heard a good bit of it.

I don't have all their albums, but still I very much love them.

As for my favorite song by them, ugh thats so hard. I can't pick one honestly, it changes alot, because well they're all pretty good I think :).

My favorite's are probaly Lucy, Wispers in the Dark, And Forsaken. Of course I love all their songs I've heard, those are just the 3 favorites that come to mind right now.

So yeah. I love Skillet, Despite this I've never been to a concert or anything for them, but I love them regardless.

I really am excited about their new album coming out I believe tomorrow.  I really like the song Lucy and Best Kept Secret off of the albums Awake and Comatose.  I saw them live at Winterjam a while back, and they were amazing.

Theres a new Skillet album coming out tomorrow... Jezz I really need to get into the swing of news and knowing things for crying out loud.

Definitely need to check it out, thanks for the news though Dusty!

• Brohoof 2

Skillet eh? You got my eyes and ears open now. I saw them play live at Winter Jam and they rocked the house. Skillet, Red and Pillar are some of my favorite artists out there.

Airbourne why do you listen to so much awesome music?

WHY!

TELL ME WHY YOUNG MAN! OR I'm GROUNDING YOU!.

Just kidding, but yeah I love Skillet, Red and Pillar are also really good, taken a recent liking for pillar more.

but I don't wanna derail this to much.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Zygen,

I was born with great tastes I suppose :3 but no seriously I just love music in general and this soo happens to fall in place with all the music I love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=91J4PAda3EA

here is one by pillar I love

True dat. tongue.png. I love music in general aswell. Music is to awesome for words.

Anyways I might as well post a little Skillet here for the heck of it.

Heres "Forsaken" I really like this one its one that grew on me more recently, one of my favorites. I really like the transition into the chorus. Probaly my favorite part of the song, but I like it overall.

And Lucy, a beautiful song, what more to say? Beautiful message to and beautiful meaning.

Finally Whispers in the dark, I really like the beginning to this one, but overall the song it really good.

I think thats enough Skillet for now smile.png.

@, My favorite Pillar song right now is "Rewind" but I don't wanna derail to much, I mean we may as well start a thread about Pillar at this rate :P.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 2

--   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   --

I Definately love "Comatose". I enjoy hearing synth strings in any band setting. Just can't get enough of the lyrics!

"I don't wanna live!

I don't wanna breathe!

- - - - - -

I don't wanna sleep!

I don't wanna dream!"

• Brohoof 3

Airbourne why do you listen to so much awesome music?

WHY!

TELL ME WHY YOUNG MAN! OR I'm GROUNDING YOU!.

Just kidding, but yeah I love Skillet, Red and Pillar are also really good, taken a recent liking for pillar more.

but I don't wanna derail this to much.

Hey Zygen, remember what I told you about Skillet. Remember? You remember, don't ya? LOL

Okay so I tried listening to one of their songs once, it wasn't in my taste and I'll leave it as that.

• Brohoof 1

Skillet is one of my favorite bands! I fell in love with the song "Whispers in the dark" thanks to amv's  and ever since i started listening to their music.
"Falling inside the black","Comatose and "Hero" are some of my favorite songs laugh.png  including the before mentioned "Whispers in the dark" which is posibly my favorite song ever simply because of the fact it shaped my taste in music

• Brohoof 2

Hey Zygen, remember what I told you about Skillet. Remember? You remember, don't ya? LOL

Okay so I tried listening to one of their songs once, it wasn't in my taste and I'll leave it as that.

I remember :P, don't worry. But everyone has different tastes and opinions especially about music, and I try and respect them all. 

I'm just fanboying over skillet, Leave me alone :P.

I remember :P, don't worry. But everyone has different tastes and opinions especially about music, and I try and respect them all.

I'm just fanboying over skillet, Leave me alone :P.

Dawn: Hey! Hey, hey, hey Zygen! Hey! Zygen! Hey! Hey Zygen!

Zygen: WHAT!?

Dawn: Skillet sucks trololololololol

Zygen: GRRRRRRRRRRR! *pumps shotgun*

• Brohoof 4

Dawn: Hey! Hey, hey, hey Zygen! Hey! Zygen! Hey! Hey Zygen!

Zygen: WHAT!?

Dawn: Skillet sucks trololololololol

Zygen: GRRRRRRRRRRR! *pumps shotgun*

Wut, I would never do that I don't even have a shotgun Slowly tucks away shotgun

In all seriousness though whatever you likes cool with me. But outta curiosity what song did you listen to?

Skillet eh? You got my eyes and ears open now. I saw them play live at Winter Jam and they rocked the house. Skillet, Red

Yea I stopped reading about there...you do have a pretty awesome taste in music.

Anyway...Skillet (the band who's existence is still album by album...) is alright. I have a few of their songs. I'm more of a fan of their older stuff. :)

• Brohoof 1

Wut, I would never do that I don't even have a shotgun Slowly tucks away shotgun

In all seriousness though whatever you likes cool with me. But outta curiosity what song did you listen to?

I don't remember what it was called but I did post it on the "Unpopular music related opinions" thread. You can look for it there, just go to THAT thread and on the search bar type in "Skillet".

I don't remember what it was called but I did post it on the "Unpopular music related opinions" thread. You can look for it there, just go to THAT thread and on the search bar type in "Skillet".

I'm to lazy for that, I don't really care anymore xD. 

Whatever you like is cool, i'm sure despite my general love over music that I don't really like some of the stuff you listen to. Its cool, everyones opinions vary :).

I haven't heard most of their songs but I have enjoyed the following:

-Hero

-Monster

-Awake and Alive

-Whispers In The Dark

-Falling in the Black

-The Last Night

I need to listen to more, obviously. xD Anyone have any I should definitely check out? :3

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I love them. But, if you wouldn't have introduced me to them I would have never discovered them. Thank you for introducing me to Skillet! Some of my favorite songs by them are

• Hero
  • Monster
  • Awake and Alive
  • Brohoof 2

I haven't heard most of their songs but I have enjoyed the following:

-Hero

-Monster

-Awake and Alive

-Whispers In The Dark

-Falling in the Black

-The Last Night

I need to listen to more, obviously. xD Anyone have any I should definitely check out? :3

I think Comatose is pretty good, Although I think if you wanna listen to a really beautiful one I'd listen to Lucy, that one is beautiful I find. Especially with the meaning behind it.

I also think you may like Neverr surrender, thats a pretty good one to I like it.

Say Goodbye is another favorite of mine.

Honestly the vast majority of their stuff is favorites of mine.. so yeah hard for me to recommend like one. Nor do I really know exactly what you'll like.

Maybe look into them, some of their songs took a little bit to grow on me actually. But I enjoy almost all of them now.

Skillet always reminds me of the band Limp Biscuit tongue.png I know I spelt it wrong.... Skillet ~ Biscuit c wut I did dere? img-1591709-1-ohmy.png img-1591709-2-ohmy.png img-1591709-3-ohmy.png

Yeah really terrible pun xD.

Oh airbourne.. xD.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I've heard like three songs(Awake and Alive, Whispers in the Dark, and Hero) and thought they were pretty good. Haven't heard much else from them though. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 2

A friend of mine has said "They should be called 'It', because there's no skill in their music." :v

Not very big on them either, my sister would always listen to Skillet back in the days and that's all that would play on the radio along with other mainstream Christian rock. >_<

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm to lazy for that, I don't really care anymore xD. 

Whatever you like is cool, i'm sure despite my general love over music that I don't really like some of the stuff you listen to. Its cool, everyones opinions vary smile.png.

Actually I found it for you. Here's the link, it's the two posts all the way at the bottom wink.png

http://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&andor_type=&sid=d81e02064d70e55686d57f176830d19e&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&cType=topic&cId=57582&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&search_term=skillet&search_app=forums&st=25

Skillet always reminds me of the band Limp Biscuit tongue.png I know I spelt it wrong.... Skillet ~ Biscuit c wut I did dere? img-1591709-1-ohmy.png img-1591709-2-ohmy.png img-1591709-3-ohmy.png

Yeah really terrible pun xD.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but isn't it spelled "Limp Bizkit"?

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee
  • Brohoof 1

Oh you listened to "Monsters". Well its a cool song I guess, but definitely not my favorite :P.

Whatever you like again idc honestly.

• Brohoof 2

I gave Skillet a try, didn't like it at all. I mean, Awake was definitely not the worst thing I've ever heard, but eh. It didn't suit my taste at all

But I can understand why people like them

• Brohoof 2