Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The struggle of a Brony

Chain Combo

I recently joined this forum in an attempt to meet people with a common interest and what better way to do that than share whats on my mind. Being a Brony has allowed me to see the creative minds of the fans and just how talented they are but, it also made me realize I ain't got no talents if I was a pony my cutie mark would be non existent I'd be a CMC a 16 year old male CMC did that sound weird well image living that. I just realized that I have alot in common with applebloom because of the family business that I don't really want to be apart of I don't want an apple mark(in my case something to do with a grocery story) I want my own. But atleast the CMC taught me never to give up through. so have you had any struggles  because you joined and did your overcome them or are you still looking for a way

Bonus question: you know what your good at. 

Well because of my involvement within this site and community, I have made progress dealing with perfectionism and my prior inability to take criticism with a grain of salt.

It's great that your experiences have allowed you to try and branch out from your expected career of choice and allowed you to become more open and creative.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.<br /><br />This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

hey man that thought that way when i entered the fandom.

i still do feel at times that i have nothing significant to contribute to the community but with the right attitude you can learn new skills and thing like drawing singing just about anything can contribute.

im sure you have many talents. it just may take time for you to realize your potential thats all   

• Brohoof 1

I have the same problem. The only thing I can really give as advice is to keep moving on, accept what's going on now, and strive to change it.

• Brohoof 1

Hell join the club i dont have any skills to offer the forum other then really bad cover songs, my true skills involve troubleshooting restuarnt equipment and air conditioners and working woth my hands in general, i am tring to learn to do stuff with paint.net and gimp but i just sit back and enjoy what others have to offer and i seen some mind blown stuff

• Brohoof 1

Hey I know what you mean, despite the fact that I am into music a good bit, and I've tried other things, i'm not sure if Its something I have a talent for or not, maybe so maybe not.

Regardless just remember that we all have talents, its just whether you have got to the point where you've found them.

Just try different things, new things, and see what interests you, maybe develop other things you enjoy, but realize that nothing you do you will have success with the first time, even with a talent it will still take practice to develop your talent!

Don't give up though! I'm sure you can discover what your talent is! You can be just as talented as some of them if you want! Or maybe talented in a totally different way!

I'm sure all these people although talented worked very hard to get to where they are.

Good luck though dude!

• Brohoof 2

I have never really had any sort of stuggles being a brony with the exception of the initial "what the hell am I watching?" moments when I first started watching that in some rare instances resurface but are for the most part a thing of the past. I don't care what people think about me so haters and trolls can say whatever they want and I will just ignore them, to me it is for the most part like my other interests so I don't really feel any sort of need to "contribute".

I however am a writer and getting into MLP has brought back my creative side with a vengeance. I have several ideas for fanfics, my current project is a comedy called Rarity Gets Cockroaches where her house gets infested with cockroaches thanks to some slovenly new neighbors. A friend of mine is helping me edit/proofread it and once the first chapter or two is done it will officially be the first fanfic I have submitted to fimfiction. Don't worry about not having any talent, we all have something we are good at and you are still fairly young and have some time to figure it out.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm glad to see most people here are trying to improve themselves or remembered something they used to love because of the fandom and most of the "struggles" are really just pushing people forward and there is no need to feel inferior.

Unfortunately life isn't as easy as a cutie mark. Ya just gotta keep plugging away at it until you do find that thing that makes you happy.

But in that respects life isn't as singular as a cutie mark either. You may think your talent is in one thing but as you grow older things change.

But no matter what thing you find in life, the happiness comes from within and sometimes the outcome is worth the wait.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Nope. Actually, I think life has been better since, for the LACK OF struggles. But, life is not easy. I know this firsthand. No matter what everyone else says, do what you want to do in life. Be proud of who you are, and let your struggles make way for a bit of new strength.

Now... To add, bronyhood has made me 20% cooler ;)

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle
  • Brohoof 1

I have not had any struggles because I'm a brony. I discovered that I liked drawing, I would never have really gotten into drawing unless MLP would have sparked that interest. Somehow it cleared my mind, not that stressed like I used to be. Stopped worrying about a lot of my problems. I discovered a whole lot of things about myself, almost like I'm on a self discovery. I finally sat down and figured what I wanted to do in life, collect cars a lot of them. I already knew that, but I now know what I want to become. I had never gotten the time to think about what I wanted to do, because I was always so distracted and it just didn't matter to me.

Life is hard, the fandom and the show just made it easier for me.

MLP has helped me to focus on the important things in life. Becoming a brony is one of the best things that have ever happened to me.

My talent in life seems to be learning, driving, running and drawing. Those four seem to be my talents, I know saying that learning is a talent is weird. But I still think it's a talent, I'm decent at it.

I honestly can't even remember what it was like watching MLP for the first time... but I know I said goodbye to the old me that day forever. Really, just when I was about give up being good, I gave it a go and it changed me for the better, and showed me things I'd never thought I'd be capable of or get to experience. I have to say it was difficult at first to find a way to hide, because no way am I going to risk losing mom's support...

And yes I do believe I have found my (only) talent. English and German are my second and thrid languages and I love both of them! (ok me speaking German is a bit of an exaggeration though...but hopefully that'll change) So it's simple. My cutie mark would be a dictionary :P

Well I still struggle to draw. But I still try no matter what because I want to be an animator. I also have flash but have no idea how to use it. but after this summer ends hopefully some classes wil help me.

I still struggle with motivation. I'm really unmotivated to do anything, heck, I could just sit on a couch all day staring at a wall. I do have some hobbies but nothing really motivates me to do more.

Although, MLP did give me the motivation to finally get a damn job and I guess that's the little bit of variety I have in my life. Besides getting a job I got the motivation to start making more creative works, although that motivation has been long gone already. 

And MLP did give me something to hold on to when I was super depressed halfway 2011, so there's something else I can thank the series and the fandom for.

Besides those two things? Not really. I'm still same ol' boring me. Still living the same boring life because I lack all motivation to do anything. Although I do know what I'm good at and what kind of direction I want to go in my life, I'm still feeling like I'm on a journey to find what I want to do in life. I hope one day I might find what to do and perhaps MLP might just be the thing to make me realize it.