Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*Spoilers* Did anyone else feel bad for Sunset Shimmer?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

I did feel pretty bad for her during the end of the movie. But, since she's staying with the human 5 (and maybe 6), she will be pretty happy to learn the ways of friendship. 

Throughout the movie, Sunset didn't really anger me, or annoy me or anything. I didn't have much of an opinion on her. 

So, yes, I did feel pretty bad for her at the ending of the movie.

Seeing her cry actually made me feel sad for her, to be honest.

I felt very bad for Sunset Shimmer. Mostly because she had everything that could make a potentially awesome villain(and had a pretty design to boot) and ended up being a massive dissapointment

• Brohoof 3

Not to mention that the dominate race in the other world as a species is doomed given how easy it was for Celestia's ex-student to take over with ease.

I wouldn't be surprised that the people who helped Twilight and voted for her did it not because they like her, just simple they don't want Sunset to win the crown anymore. There are people who will work for the other side simply to knock off the one they hate the worst.

Yeah, I felt Bad about sunset shimmer

@Kyoshi has a point. She may need to go back to equestria and need a special guidance.

I remember when the Bible says "Love your enemies", that quote seem like useful for people who are being hated. Another story in the bible is about a lady in a town who is hated by many people. But Jesus knows that he loves people. No matter if its bad or not. So she forgive the lady for her big sin. (Sorry if I reference my religion atheists)

Maybe if we give Sunset Shimmer One chance. Maybe, we can look at her at a different way. Maybe at first she was bad and ugly and demon, but once she was changed. She maybe become a beautiful shimmering pony (or human).

post-16586-0-55515300-1378027479_thumb.jpg

Feels for this pony.

I didn't feel bad for Sunset Shimmer in the slightest. In fact, that scene filled me with rage rather than pity. That scene was just a really half assed way of putting " the magic of friendship" into the movie.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, come on, she's a fictional character but I did feel a little sensitive to her feelings being defeated and all. I find the ending of the movie very disturbing for me. Why you writer not make Sunset Shimmer come back to Equestria and apologize to Celestia?

[Female Evil Being] "You're such a goody goody, Princess Twilight Sparkle! You're too nice to fight me!"

Twilight: *bows head* "You know what? You're right."

[Female Evil Being] *grins*

Twilight: *raises head* "So, I'm not going to. Ladies?" [sunset Shimmer and Trixie appear]

[Female Evil Being] "Huh? Who are they?"

Twilight: "Two ponies who'll stoop a little lower than I ever could. Trixie, here's the Alicorn Amulet. Sunset Shimmer, pretend she's got a crown. I'm looking the other way. Go nuts."

(But seriously, I'd like to see Sunset Shimmer and Celestia reunite somehow...)

No, that's the problem I didn't feel anything for this character. It felt like she was in it just becasue this movie needed a protagonist. Maybe if she was fleshed out more and was givin more devolpment I might have felt pity for her.

Maybe a few scenes with her feeling that she knew what she was doing was wrong but she thought it was the only way. But no, she's just there to be there, and to be reformed....just becasue.

I did not become sad, but I was waay too dissapointed of the demon thing to notice it. (it was poorly written and a bit too random)

though she have been a nice character. I mean that i could have been sad if the demon thing did not happen, it was just.... NOO

Edited by a crazy pony

• 7 years later...