Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Your favorite "Bad" films

DiscordAnarchy

I know there isn't agreement on this amongst people who've seen it, but I honestly believe Birdemic was made to be bad, despite what the director or anyone else involved with the film may say. All of the decisions made in the production seem very deliberate to me - as if they kept saying, "Okay, let's do this here because it'd be the absolutely worst thing to do".

A lot of people think you can't make a film that bad on purpose - I disagree. With a little creativity, you too can suck. ;)

I think the movie was more to shove down the global warming stuff in your throat more than to be a bad movie on purpose. Like that one scene in the movie where they met the old guy on a bridge, he was telling them about global warming and that it made the birds act up like how they did in the movie.

(edited)

A lot of people think you can't make a film that bad on purpose - I disagree. With a little creativity, you too can suck. ;)

Not only is it possible but also there's a trope for that...Well, sort of.

Then you've got things like The Room which was marketed as a legitimately great drama...Then after it became a laughingstock, the creator turned and said "Oh, it is a black comedy, yes yes!" ...Of course, he failed doubly so because "black comedy" means the "black" stuff is intentionally made comedic, not that "the movie's hilariously bad, and also a guy eats a bullet at the end."

Edited by Xanatos

Batman & Robin 1997, believe it or not, had THREE redeeming qualities:

1- Freeze kept the sympathetic motives from BTAS.

2- Legitimately moving Alfred-might-die storyline.

3- Freeze's final speech to Ivy was legitimately threatening, campy movie or not.

P.S.- TDKR-Bane would give B&R-Bane permission to die.

Sharknado, the only movie where you can see sharks flying in a tornado, with cheesy acting and horrible CGI, best Scify movie ever!

img-1654485-1-sharknado.jpg

This combined 2 of my favorite objects, and made them into one cheesy film. Needless to say it was pretty fantastic! Haha, I also like Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus, just awful in the best kind of way!

(edited)
"Bubba Hotep"

They Live

Don't know what you guys are talking about, those are legitimately great movies. B)

Well, I guess if I had to choose one, it'd be Speed Racer, but I uphold that that was way better than people give it credit for.

Oh, and while some of Jackie Chan's movies may be pretty bad, I love every single one.

Edited by CITRUS KING46

(edited)

Batman & Robin 1997, believe it or not, had THREE redeeming qualities:

1- Freeze kept the sympathetic motives from BTAS.

2- Legitimately moving Alfred-might-die storyline.

3- Freeze's final speech to Ivy was legitimately threatening, campy movie or not.

P.S.- TDKR-Bane would give B&R-Bane permission to die.

That motive is ruined by everything else about the character being awful. Hardly redemption. And some guy dying isn't moving unless he's made to be someone the viewer cares about.

Edited by Xanatos

The Room is highly overrated as a good bad movie. Once you've laughed at it once or twice, it's an ordeal to sit through again. And dear god, please try to learn what basic punctuation is...

Ouch I'm sorry I've never been good at writing, and I've tried to get better it just usually doesn't work out, but I still think you came off a little harsh. I tried in that sentence too 

Got a few, most of them being "bad" animated films like the Miramax release of the Thief and the Cobbler and The Magic Voyage (1992), but also live action ones like Revenge of the Sith, which is actually my favorite Star Wars film. :o

tumblr_m63k9g8eW91qaowcro1_500.jpg

the-magic-voyage-movie-poster-1992-10202

star_wars_episode_three_ver2.jpg

BUT...hands down my favorite "bad" movie that is actually tied for my favorite film is

SuckerPunch.jpg

(edited)

Got a few, most of them being "bad" animated films like the Miramax release of the Thief and the Cobbler and The Magic Voyage (1992), but also live action ones like Revenge of the Sith, which is actually my favorite Star Wars film. :o

The Magic Voyage is...Certainly magical. :lol: Thief and the Cobbler is worthless unless you're some kind of animation buff, and then only the non-Miramax release is decent. Sucker Punch...Ehhhh.

Edited by Xanatos

(edited)

Don't know what you guys are talking about, those are legitimately great movies. B)

Well, I guess if I had to choose one, it'd be Speed Racer, but I uphold that that was way better than people give it credit for.

I loved the Speed Racer movie. It accomplished what other adaptations like The Last Airbender and DBE failed to do, actually feel like Speed Racer

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I loved the Speed Racer movie. It accomplished what other adaptations like The Last Airbender and DBE failed to do, actually feel like Speed Racer

Let it be known that the Speed Racer movie where Spritle flips off the bad guy put more effort in the development of its themes and making you give a crap about the characters than most other movies do.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Batman & Robin

Yup, I went there. Well, I last watched this film when I was like 8 years old, so my opinion might be different now. But as a child, I actually found it a good way of wasting time, and I ended up watching it like twenty times for some reason.

Grown Ups

I actually can say that I like this film currently. I watched it with my family, and it got quite a few laughs out of us. It might just be that I'm an Adam Sandler fanboy though (I absolutely adored his older films!)

Johnny English

I've heard some negatives from people about this film, but I say screw 'em! It's James Bond mixed with Mr. Bean; what more could you want from a Spy-Comedy film? It's funny, ridiculous, and doesn't get old and uninteresting. The sequel wasn't too shabby either.

Edited by LMW-YBC