Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sad A Canterlot Wedding-The Alternate Ending

Wardaddy

(edited)

@@EquestrianScholar,Didn't Twilight at one point try to talk to Shining Armor but was interrupted? Maybe she possibly thought that Shining Armor wouldn't listen to her anyways?  

She choose to leave and not speak with him, no one forced her. Also if she did believe that her brother would not listen that would be all the more reason to find Celestia or heck even Luna (which would have been a fair way of bring her into the situation).

Edited by EquestrianScholar

We need to put aside the fact the Princess Cadance first introduced as actually an imposter and queen of the changlings as no one, not even Twilight, knew this fact.

---------------------

More there is the fact Twilight supposedly knew Cadance quite well from her youth/foalhood and knew she was a great pony... yet was very quick to accuse her old baby sister of being evil.

Instead of going to her mentor Princess or her brother Shining Armour to voice her concerns in private, to discuss the problem and show her concerns in a more reasonable manner... Twilight.instead barged into the rehearsal, attacked the bride, embarrassed her, and call her evil. This shocking behavior cased the bride too run out of the room n tears.

This would lead to Shining Armour, despite his anger, to show reasonable and logical explanations for each accusation her sister had thrown at' Cadance'. Also he did not disown Twilight but merely revoked her place as best mare and attending to the wedding.

After seeing the bride leave in tears and hearing Shining Armour's explanation of her actions as well as offering their on thoughts and defenses Twilight's friends left her to think on her actions and check on the bride. Princess dCelestia does the same after showing her disapproval of Twilight's action and telling her to think on what she did.

So convincing was the counterargument and the aftermath of her actions that Twilight feared not only losing her brother but a new sister because of her action.

Taking out the fact Twilight was' kind of' right there was nothing I feel unreasonable with the reaction by Twilight's friends, brother, and mentor to her actions. That is way I believe there is reason to disagree with and even criticize this fanfiction as is even though it is not complete.

That is exactly why Twilight accused Cadance of being evil. Before Twilight's eyes, she was harsh and very critical of the Mane 5, who had worked hard to produce what had to be perfect preparations for a perfect wedding. In fact, Cadance even dismissed the preparations as failures, which was something Twilight knew the real Cadance would never do. From what I gathered, Cadance was a very warm and kind individual, who was not easily plagued by stress or fatigue, even from high-profile events like weddings. Any preparations made for her wedding would be welcomed, and Twilight knew this. But the way the impostor was acting was very different to the Cadance she knew and loved, which fuelled her suspicions. I mean, come on like, the impostor even failed to recognize the Sunshine dance Cadance and Twilight did when the latter was a filly! If I were Twilight, I would definitely raise an eyebrow at that.

By the way, I'm sorry I can't agree with your view of the situation. It just doesn't sit right with me to watch everypony that Twilight loves leave her a broken, crushed mess. 

By the way, I'm sorry I can't agree with your view of the situation. It just doesn't sit right with me to watch everypony that Twilight loves leave her a broken, crushed mess.

I feel your exaggerating jist a bit. They did not leave Twilight "a broken, crushed mess". Sure, Twilight was upset as her plan to reveal Cadance as evil completely backfired and alienated her from her brother, friends, and teacher... more from her old foal sister Cadance.

You consider Twilight justified in the way she handled the situation and everyone else harsh or unfair to her.

I disagree, feeling Twilight did not handle the situation well. More given the 'evidance' she offered and how Shining Aroour was able to counter ever point made... everyone reacted in a way I found believable.

Given what facts were known, and tgat fact not even Twilight realized the bride was a fake but instead believe her old foalsister had someone turned evil... yah how everything played out was not OOC.

• Brohoof 1

I feel your exaggerating jist a bit. They did not leave Twilight "a broken, crushed mess". Sure, Twilight was upset as her plan to reveal Cadance as evil completely backfired and alienated her from her brother, friends, and teacher... more from her old foal sister Cadance.

You consider Twilight justified in the way she handled the situation and everyone else harsh or unfair to her.

I disagree, feeling Twilight did not handle the situation well. More given the 'evidance' she offered and how Shining Aroour was able to counter ever point made... everyone reacted in a way I found believable.

Given what facts were known, and tgat fact not even Twilight realized the bride was a fake but instead believe her old foalsister had someone turned evil... yah how everything played out was not OOC.

I do NOT consider Twilight justified in any way. The way she confronted the bride was completely wrong, considering she wore a satisfied smile on her face after Cadance had run away, and you must be some kind of stone cold, heartless person to not even imagine the pain Twilight was going through. For me, it was as palpable as her fury against Tirek in the S4 finale. The look on her face in the aftermath spoke volumes and all. I mean, for God's sake, when will you understand? These are seven ponies Twilight held near and dear to her heart. They should've known her better than anypony, and yet they're perfectly happy to leave her when it suits them. By what you're saying, you're quite happy to have left Twilight be killed, because nopony knew what had happened to Twilight next. Sure, we all knew she got imprisoned, but what of the Infamous Seven? Did THEY know she was safe and sound in a cave? Nope, for all they knew she was probably still there, wallowing in a pool of her own misery. 

How you could not feel Twilight's pain is beyond me. Not only could I feel it, I could see it. It was obvious, and it was not pretty. Twilight had been left emotionally and spiritually shattered. As I said before, "What the hell, hero"? More like "What the hell, guys who the protagonist held close to her heart"?

(edited)

We will hae to agree to dysagree then.

Also, Twilight Sparkle is my favorite character. So much so that when other fans abandoned her and the show when she became an alicorn I did not. I am no heartless, I merely see the siuation differently. You see a shattered, broken, betrayed Twilight. I feel you are exaggerating the situation, especially when in the end Twilight said she did not blame them as they were all deceived. Also, after putting Twilight into the caverns I feel it is reasonable that Queen Chrysalis would have come up with some lie on why Twilight was not there oroffered an excuse. That and Shining Armour ha said don't bother showing up for the wedding... though keep in mind at some point he is fully brainwashed so there is that.

You know this arguement is almost funny since I normally make decisions based on the way they make me feel, emotion, and here I am trying to offer a reasonable fair defense while you're making the emotional decision.

It was intended to be devastating blow for the viewers to see things turn out so badly for Twilight, yet it would seem some fans have taken this too far by lashing out at the other characters though the situation wasn't their fault.

• Brohoof 1

We will hae to agree to dysagree then.

Also, Twilight Sparkle is my favorite character. So much so that when other fans abandoned her and the show when she became an alicorn I did not. I am no heartless, I merely see the siuation differently. You see a shattered, broken, betrayed Twilight. I feel you are exaggerating the situation, especially when in the end Twilight said she did not blame them as they were all deceived. Also, after putting Twilight into the caverns I feel it is reasonable that Queen Chrysalis would have come up with some lie on why Twilight was not there oroffered an excuse. That and Shining Armour ha said don't bother showing up for the wedding... though keep in mind at some point he is fully brainwashed so there is that.

You know this arguement is almost funny since I normally make decisions based on the way they make me feel, emotion, and here I am trying to offer a reasonable fair defense while you're making the emotional decision.

It was intended to be devastating blow for the viewers to see things turn out so badly for Twilight, yet it would seem some fans have taken this too far by lashing out at the other characters though the situation wasn't their fault.

I think my biggest problem with the two parter was the wedding itself, i mean holding a wedding when you've received a potential threat of an invasion, really?, like I posted before, the wedding should have been postponed until the threat had passed

I think my biggest problem with the two parter was the wedding itself, i mean holding a wedding when you've received a potential threat of an invasion, really?, like I posted before, the wedding should have been postponed until the threat had passed

also one of the biggest debates from the two parter is this: Was Shining Armor being himself during his outburst towards Twilight at the end of Part 1 or was it a result of Queen Chrysalis' brainwashing?

(edited)

also one of the biggest debates from the two parter is this: Was Shining Armor being himself during his outburst towards Twilight at the end of Part 1 or was it a result of Queen Chrysalis' brainwashing?

Wasn't the reason given for not postponing the wedding because it was decided by those involved not show weakness to enemy making the threat? That and consideration for when Queen Chrysalis took the place of Cadence should also be considered, if the threat was made after she had made the switch she could have pushed for thr wedding to ccontinue.

On to your ending question I offer my own question... why not a bit of both? It would seem that at some point after that conflict in the throneroom Queen Chrysalis completely dominated Shining Armour's mind. My thoughts are that her magic and draining of his love had taken its toil. More, he was suffering from headaches and the stress of keeping the shield up, so he had no patience for what Twilight had done.

Weddings and preparation for such events can be a very stressful, which is largely why I felt once Shining Armour had explained all the holes in his younger sister's accusions she had no support. Really, everyone had justifiable reason to be mad at Twilight given what was known and the sitation.

(edited)

Wasn't the reason given for not postponing the wedding because it was decided by those involved not show weakness to enemy making the threat? That and consideration for when Queen Chrysalis took the place of Cadence should also be considered, if the threat was made after she had made the switch she could have pushed for thr wedding to ccontinue.

On to your ending question I offer my own question... why not a bit of both? It would seem that at some point after that conflict in the throneroom Queen Chrysalis completely dominated Shining Armour's mind. My thoughts are that her magic and draining of his love had taken its toil. More, he was suffering from headaches and the stress of keeping the shield up, so he had no patience for what Twilight had done.

Weddings and preparation for such events can be a very stressful, which is largely why I felt once Shining Armour had explained all the holes in his younger sister's accusions she had no support. Really, everyone had justifiable reason to be mad at Twilight given what was known and the sitation.

uh no offense, but that reason for postponing the wedding is just stupid, they had no idea what they were facing, Celestia put her subjects at risk and I have to ask another question about Celestia, how many?

also found another fanfiction

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/176572/the-wedding-is-off-rewrite

Edited by draph91

(edited)

@@draph91

They had the city protected, a shield that protected Canterlot and all ponies within, Princess Celestia did not put her subjects at risk. Everything had been taken care of, there was no way for Princess Celestia to know the enemy had already entered the city and was right under her nose.

Also, I apologize but I have no interest in fanfictions where Twilight gets mad or blows up at her friends, she herself said they had all been deceived and forgave them!

It was not their fault they were wrong and given everything what was known at the time their reaction to Twilight's behavior was justified. I have already explained all this.

(edited)

@@draph91

They had the city protected, a shield that protected Canterlot and all ponies within, Princess Celestia did not put her subjects at risk. Everything had been taken care of, there was no way for Princess Celestia to know the enemy had already entered the city and was right under her nose.

Also, I apologize but I have no interest in fanfictions where Twilight gets mad or blows up at her friends, she herself said they had all been deceived and forgave them!

It was not their fault they were wrong and given everything what was known at the time their reaction to Twilight's behavior was justified. I have already explained all this.

I know that but to me, it's like they didn't take the threat seriously, also apology accepted, but even though I still hate that episode. I have to agree with some bronies, Twilight could have been wrong about the imposter however I still remain firm that her friends should have taken her concerns seriously

Edited by draph91
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

This critic points out a line even I missed, that Twilight when meeting with her friends says straight out Cadance doesn't deserve her brother. This largely justifying why her friends didn't take her seriously and felt she was being an overly possessive sister not being reasonable..

This critic points out a line eveb I missed, that Twilight when meeting with her friends says straight out Cadance doesn't deserve her brother. This largely justifying why her friends didn't take her seriously and felt she was being an overly possessive sister not being reasonable..

I do agree with that actually 

I do agree with that actually

It should be noted, that because of the line where Twilight says Cadance doesn't deserve her brother, the critic takes no issue with the scene where everypony is angry at Twilight and calls her out before walking away.

even so, I have a feeling that Bronies and Pegasisters will be debating this episode for quite a while over who was right and who was wrong, I still stand firm that the wedding should have been postponed until the threat passed, because if again they had no information about the enemy (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but I do agree Twilight should have found proof about her accusations

(also is anyone here aware that someone could take Twilight being jealous the wrong way, right?) 

(edited)

EquestrianScholar, on 24 Jul 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

This critic points out a line even I missed, that Twilight when meeting with her friends says straight out Cadance doesn't deserve her brother. This largely justifying why her friends didn't take her seriously and felt she was being an overly possessive sister not being reasonable..

I don't agree. Twilight believed she had changed from being kind and caring into mean and despicable, and resolved that if she was going to be this way towards Shining, then that would result in Twilight's brother getting the brunt of her treatment, something she wouldn't stand for. I would feel the same way were I in Twilight's position: if that were my sister getting married to a groom like Fake Cadance, I wouldn't dare let it happen. She deserves better than that, and so did Shining. Unfortunately, her friends were caught up in the whirlpool known as a wedding, and thus they dismissed it as mere stress, so they were, by all accounts, a dead end. How would I know this? Simple, I love my sister, and I would gladly approve of anything that makes her happy. However, if her groom acts in such a way that he threatens her happiness, and by extension her life, I would never let him have her. Twilight did the same thing. Time was against her, the wedding was on the very next day, and her brother was under a spell. She had to do something, even if it was rash. Do you get it? I'm trying to get the bronies who think she was being possessive to discard that opinion and understand that Twilight was only acting for her brother's safety. Clearly that is a lost cause though, as many I have dealt with refuse to believe what Twilight did was right. The way she confronted Fake Cadance may have been out of order, but she was practically out of time. The only difference here is that if I were Twilight, I wouldn't have bullied the bride into a corner yelling that she was evil. I would've faced the Mane 5, Shining Armor and Celestia, and explained everything. What I don't know is if it would've worked, but God help Shining Armor and quite possibly all of Equestria if it failed. Edited by Firebolt Blitz
  • Brohoof 1

I don't agree. Twilight believed she had changed from being kind and caring into mean and despicable, and resolved that if she was going to be this way towards Shining, then that would result in Twilight's brother getting the brunt of her treatment, something she wouldn't stand for. I would feel the same way were I in Twilight's position: if that were my sister getting married to a groom like Fake Cadance, I wouldn't dare let it happen. She deserves better than that, and so did Shining. Unfortunately, her friends were caught up in the whirlpool known as a wedding, and thus they dismissed it as mere stress, so they were, by all accounts, a dead end. How would I know this? Simple, I love my sister, and I would gladly approve of anything that makes her happy. However, if her groom acts in such a way that he threatens her happiness, and by extension her life, I would never let him have her. Twilight did the same thing. Time was against her, the wedding was on the very next day, and her brother was under a spell. She had to do something, even if it was rash. Do you get it? I'm trying to get the bronies who think she was being possessive to discard that opinion and understand that Twilight was only acting for her brother's safety. Clearly that is a lost cause though, as many I have dealt with refuse to believe what Twilight did was right. The way she confronted Fake Cadance may have been out of order, but she was practically out of time. The only difference here is that if I were Twilight, I wouldn't have bullied the bride into a corner yelling that she was evil. I would've faced the Mane 5, Shining Armor and Celestia, and explained everything. What I don't know is if it would've worked, but God help Shining Armor and quite possibly all of Equestria if it failed.

Its right perhaps but the execution lacks delicacy. And to be fair to her friends they have experienced her stress and where it can lead. Twilight is prone to over-reactions. In the end Shining is an adult and the only thing she could do is object at the wedding after carefully having gathered her evidence.

Its not her decision whether or if Shining gets married. Her talk with her friends was before she saw the spell so she got minus points for logic there.

She should have learned her lesson on handling panic attacks from Lesson Zero... Apparently she did not. Her intentions might have been nice but she lost due to execution. She should have had a backup plan.

Its right perhaps but the execution lacks delicacy. And to be fair to her friends they have experienced her stress and where it can lead. Twilight is prone to over-reactions. In the end Shining is an adult and the only thing she could do is object at the wedding after carefully having gathered her evidence.

Its not her decision whether or if Shining gets married. Her talk with her friends was before she saw the spell so she got minus points for logic there.

She should have learned her lesson on handling panic attacks from Lesson Zero... Apparently she did not. Her intentions might have been nice but she lost due to execution. She should have had a backup plan.

I have to agree, also why am I now thinking of the Mysterious Mare Do well

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@,

No, no, no you misunderstand my point and why I posted the video.

We, the audience, understand but when it was not being possessive of her brother... at least not mostly so. With Twilight, and even more then she does, we see all the clues that point to there being something wrong and readoning everything is not right.

Yet Twight's friends, Shining Armour, and Celestia do not have the understanding of the situation we do. In th eyes of Twilight friends, especially after her line that she does not think Cadence is a good enough for her brother.and past experiance of over reaction... does come off as a possessive younger sister that is overreacting.

That is the problem, fans are judging the situation basef on meta knowledge. No one but Twilight saw everything she did and wishing to see the bride positively justified her actions. More, it has been shown in real life wedding stress can turn decent people into a bridezilla... and I wouldn't even call fake Cadance's actions anywhere near as bad as a bridezilla can get, as while she was overly critical and did not like Applejack's food she ever outright insulted or showed cruelty. Heck real life brides have acted worse under stress.

Remember to separate character knowledge from that of the audience.

(edited)

@@draph91

apology accepted also EquestrianScholar, I have a rebuttal, Celestia had no idea about the invaders, so she had no idea whether or not they could have been capable of breaking through the shield 

and.... now that I think of it why only shining armor to keep up the shield?, there are other unicorns in the guards, he could have asked them to help him, I'm pretty sure he could have taught them the shield spell

Edited by draph91

(edited)

@@draph91,

Because of his name and cutie mark, I was given the impression that shield magic was his specialty (his special talent being shielding others from harm).

Onto your question of why Shining could not teach this to other unicorn guards... wasn't it established most unicorns can only learn magic related to their talent, more were only able to know a handful of spells related to such?

I don't find it too unreasonable that there wouldn't be another unicorn royal guard with a talent for shield magic.

(edited)

@@draph91,

Because of his name and cutie mark, I was given the impression that shield magic was his specialty (his special talent being shielding others from harm).

Onto your question of why Shining could not teach this to other unicorn guards... wasn't it established most unicorns can only learn magic related to their talent, more were only able to know a handful of spells related to such?

I don't find it too unreasonable but there wouldn't be another unicorn royal guard with a talent for shield magic.

but I am raising a good point, aren't I?, also while I highly doubt that would be the case with the guards, heck he could have asked Twilight to help him 

Edited by draph91

(edited)

but I am raising a good point, aren't I?

A decent point yes, though I did technically counter it.

Oh, you mean involving the invadors, yes you made a good point

Celestia had no idea about the invaders, so she had no idea whether or not they could have been capable of breaking through the shield.

Perhaps, though the whole point of the shield was that invadors cpuld not get through. Technically changlings wouldn't have if their queen wasn't already inside and weakened the one that created the shield Edited by EquestrianScholar

UGH! I am really getting sick and tired of this. What is the matter here, people? Look, the point of Firebolt's story here was, like a lot of other alternate 'Canterlot Wedding' stories, was simply to call out Twilight's loved ones for having abandoned her in her time of need. That was it.

Now listen, I do agree that the way Twilight may have handled the situation at the rehersal was a bit out of character, even for her, but the way her brother, friends, and even mentor behaved was no better. What should have happened in ACW is they should all have sat Twilight down and talked it out with her, not just turned up their noses and left, nor fired her and barred her from the event, or even acted so coldly about her mistake. I, at least, am ONE brony who understands that perhaps Twilight acted rashly, but maybe that was because she was desperate to protect her brother, somepony she loved, and as the old saying goes: "Deperate times call for desperate measures." This story is a good example of how the show should have had a third ACW episode; call outs, hurt and upset, depression, TRUE Heartfelt Apologies, REAL forgiveness, reconciliation, etc. Firebolt just wants to vindicate Twilight and call out the ohters for their behaviour. Because I am also a fellow brony who is angry that Twilight DID NOT receive ANY formal apology whatsoever from the rest.

Also, I personally liked when Chrysalis and the majority of the Changelings were destroyed, because they were apparently still such a major threat to Equestria that if Twilight didn't come back and do what she did, when she did, who knows what would/could have happened or where/when it would all end. Besides, the story isnow starting to turn to a more positive tone, with the reconciliation of Twilight and the others and their shared plan to rescue Cadence from the hive.

So, Firebolt Blitz, I repeat what I said once before: Don't let any of these comments get to you; do what YOU fell you need to do in YOUR story for the reasons you feel. And if that's not good enough or acceptable for some, well, then that's THEIR problem.

And to all who are still nitpicking the story apart, PLEASE STOP IT. Please give Firebolt Blitz the opportuinty to finish the story, which probably still has about 3-4 more chapters (maybe more) to go, and I have been waiting for at least 2 MONTHS now for the next one to be posted. Also, I would kind of like to find out whether or not the story can be ended on a positive note or two (Candence and Shining making amends and planning a new wedding, with Twilight reinstated, Celestia and Luna reconciling, a fair outcome at the trial, etc.).

Plus, to answer vgmaster9's question about other fanfics on this topic, here are a few that really interested me (all of which can be read on FIMfiction):

1. The Canterlot Healing Process by twilightsparkle3562

2. Canterlot Consequences by Kinsfire

3. A Canterlot Wedding Aftermath by Black Kyurem

4. Pain Between Siblings by thejboy88

5. What Could Have Been Lost by TheVClaw

6. Post Nuptials by Darth Link 22

7. Grave by Dark Colt Sabata (possibly canceled)

8. Bitterness by PLCThe Cd

• Brohoof 1