Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the best part about being a brony?

DeletedAcc

Title pretty much says it all. What's the best part about being a brony? The best part of being a brony for me is being able to talk to an understanding and kind community. This community and fanhood has taken me away from a lot of problems I've had in life, mostly loneliness in particular. This show is more than just a show, it's a 30 minute paradise away from the evils and realities of society. So now it's your turn, what's your favorite part about being a brony?

• Brohoof 5

My favorite would be the nice and friendly community. I always feel very good within this fandom and I'm really proud being able to call myself a brony. It has changed my life so much and helped me through a lot of stuff. I just feel the energy that comes from the fandom it's just a very good energy and it keeps me going. The show and the fandom makes me happy, the best part about being a brony is just being a brony. Everything is great, I love everything about it.

• Brohoof 4

The art is my favorite part I love going on deviant art and seeing pony comics I've seen hundreds,  they were all hilarious. I also like the fandoms ability to give background ponies character. I agree with you about the coming together part, it's always nice to talk to people about things you really like and it's a very welcoming community. 

• Brohoof 3

I like the friendly and ironicly mature people you meet. Not once have I found to bronies dishing out yo mama joke. Sure there could be an arguement but never goes to an immature contest. Always calm and sensible.

• Brohoof 2

The fact that the people here are all so nice and accepting, and even when i'm feeling crappy they have a way of finding some way to pick up my mood, and give me some faith back into society and people and stuff.

Plus the community is just awesome.

• Brohoof 1

I like the community. Most other forums I join for various other fandoms happen to be full of arseholes but aside from the odd whiny or needy person the brony fandom is pretty awesome. 

To me, the best thing about being a brony is you people.

Believe it or not, I don't really relate to anyone my own age. some of you may not be my age, but the ones who are, thank you for making me feel normal.

• Brohoof 1

EVERYTHING! Being a brony is like dying and going to heaven... then told sorry its not your time just yet... so here MLP! Away the other ponies you get to meet, the fun we have, watching the show its self! just well everything! like I said!

My favorite part is the music.  I mean such great artists in the fandom.  Also, I really love how everyone is nice everyone.  (Well except for some people in the fandom)  

The fandom(You guys!). When I went to see Equestria Girls at the theater, I was shocked at how nice everyone was. Everybody got along just fine, and we all acted like we knew each other. It was a really fun time! I love other MLP fans, for the most part!  :wub:

(edited)

My favorite part is how loving and nice the whole community is! It's the nicest community, if a bit dramatic at times, that I've ever been a part of. Also, discussing the finer points of the show is something I don't get to do on any of the other internet haunts I contribute to.

Edited by Dinos4Ever

Everything, especially the fandom. I would LOVE to go to bronycon (or any other mlp cons) and meet bronies IRL, but my parents aren't really supportive on me being a brony, so bronycon doesn't seem possible. :(

Yet there are websites like this where we can discuss MLP, the fandom, and whatever we really want. :yay:

I also have to agree that my favorite part about  being a brony pony fan collector is this awesome and fun community. I love coming here every chance I get to talk to other fans and just have a good time. It makes me love ponies even more so thanks everyone!

The best part of being a brony for me would probably be the community. It's nice to be able to talk to people that know what you're talking about and like the same things you do, especially with something like this that can be stigmatized and misunderstood.

I also really enjoy designing characters and backstories and whatnot, and this is a great fandom for that.

(edited)

The community for sure! I've never met nicer people on the Internet, and that really tells you something. As I always hint at if you ever see me welcome someone to the forum, everyone here is fun and friendly, and a lot of us really care for each other.

Edited by Vinyl~

For me is the community, the people that for the first time ever gave me the chance to create and share the ideas that i have in my mind by sharing with me their talent and skills. From Roleplayers to artist i have found a very creative and active community that helps me to do something I had quit on to.  (∩▂∩)

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else here. The people are the best part of being a brony. Almost everyone is kind and accepting of you, no matter who you are. Its pretty uncommon these days to find people like that. Also, the community creates amazing fan stuff. :)

I guess just being in an actual community. Granted, this community has a tendency to annoy me, but it is better than most I guess. The other part is knowing that you are not alone in enjoying such a great show. I am not always too fond of the fandom itself and I do not check out fandom made stuff very often.

It's going to sound generic, but my favorite part about being a brony is definitely the friendly, accepting, open hearted, funny, fun, and amazing people within this community. They make people like me feel so accepted and welcome. Definitely a great fandom in my opinion.

I'm agreeing with everyone else. The best part for me is meeting new, interesting people who are open and accepting. I am able to talk about a show that has magical talking ponies in it and not be called weird :D

Getting turned on by all the clop art you can find online.

The best part of being a Brony is all the friends you'll get being as one. It also has one of the best shows that comes with it.

I'm just going to interject, and say that the community I would easily consider the best part of the fandom. On the other hoof, that same community, when on different non-pony Internet forums, can be kind of infuriating especially when they keep bringing up pony's when I'm trying to get a serious answer, though I often think it's just trolls that do this, and tend not to lump them together with everyone else in this community.

So in summary,

Best Part: Community

Worst Part: Trolls that claim their apart of the community.