SkyBound

Here is just another little experiment with colored pencils and artagain black paper.  Whether it was a success or not is subjective, though I know there are a few things I need to improve upon if I wish to try this next time.  Let me know what you think and if there is anything I need to improve upon.  Thank you! 

post-3181-0-94496000-1375925764_thumb.png 

• Brohoof 13

Well overall it looks pretty good, i kinda think the more stallion type head looks a bit strange on apple bloom, and i think its a bit bigger in size compared to applebloom, but thats more me being picky i guess then anything.

I get this feeling the necks kinda long though, maybe again thats just me.

Overall looks pretty well done, i like how the mane is done, the bows look nice and you got her features, she just has a different style muzzle then the show style one i'm use to.

Ru8aWjK.png

Thanks to Gone Airbourne for the awesome sig!

My Oc's,

Ponysona, Bella

Well overall it looks pretty good, i kinda think the more stallion type head looks a bit strange on apple bloom, and i think its a bit bigger in size compared to applebloom, but thats more me being picky i guess then anything.

I get this feeling the necks kinda long though, maybe again thats just me.

Overall looks pretty well done, i like how the mane is done, the bows look nice and you got her features, she just has a different style muzzle then the show style one i'm use to.

Firstly, thank you very much for your comment!  As far as the muzzle is concerned, I know that it is not within the show's style so that is probably why it looks strange to you since I rarely draw that way.  You're not being picky at all, just pointing out the style differences.  The same could be said about the neck as well, but I feel you may have a point that it could be a bit long.  I suppose that is something I will have to keep in mind for the future.

Again, thank you very much!

• Brohoof 1

I've seen a couple of the pics you've shared now and I just want to say that I love your art style. It's original and absolutely amazing.

As for criticism; the shoulders, neck, and back look kind of strange, perhaps it is just the angle and position but it still looks a little awkward how they are sloped and twisted. It would probably make a lot more sense if you had her entire body shown in the picture so we could see her posture, but as it is it just looks kind of cut off at a weird place.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

22d5c314-72de-42b0-842a-46e4dcf5ea37.jpg

Your very own Victorian-styling, airship-flying, super-sizing, brass-lining, quick-drying, detoxifying, low-pricing, newbie-knifing, over-driving, sometimes-hiding, unsurprising, ninja-fighting, perfect-timing, always-smiling, never-lying, best at writing, also rhyming automaton!

(edited)

I am absolutely delighted by the feedback I am receiving!

Thank you both and   for your constructive criticisms.  With the body in mind, I blame poor planning on my part since I was originally only going to draw the head and the body was added afterward since I liked how things looked; composition 101 mistake.  That would explain why both the body and the cut off look quite strange and I will have to keep that in mind for next time.

Thank you both again; this has been quite helpful!

Edited by SkyBound

Fillies and gentlecolts if Steven King designed My Little Pony Friendship is Magic! Am I right? Of course I am that muzzle it's creepy. But over all you're good.

that_pretty_damn_awesome_sig_by_sonicwit

Fillies and gentlecolts if Steven King designed My Little Pony Friendship is Magic! Am I right? Of course I am that muzzle it's creepy. But over all you're good.

Hmm, I am not entire sure how to properly respond to this.  All I can say is thank you for the compliment.  Just out of curiosity, what changes should be put towards the muzzle to make it less 'creepy?'

Hmm, I am not entire sure how to properly respond to this.  All I can say is thank you for the compliment.  Just out of curiosity, what changes should be put towards the muzzle to make it less 'creepy?'

I was meaning 'creepy' in a good way. It's great looking, I can't draw that well, (Nor can I draw)  But I do really like it. I wouldn't say change the muzzle, but since you asked make it a little more rounded.

that_pretty_damn_awesome_sig_by_sonicwit

Here is just another little experiment with colored pencils and artagain black paper.  Whether it was a success or not is subjective, though I know there are a few things I need to improve upon if I wish to try this next time.  Let me know what you think and if there is anything I need to improve upon.  Thank you! 

Wow~ Another amazing piece of art. I really don't think you should change anything, it is your art style, and for one I really like it. Its sorta like a more realistic interpretation on MLP. And all the anatomy seems in check. :3

Keep doing what you do best, don't change because other people don't like it. If you think it looks good then it is perfect. 

v7PAGdl.png

Click on the Banner for more info!

I was meaning 'creepy' in a good way. It's great looking, I can't draw that well, (Nor can I draw)  But I do really like it. I wouldn't say change the muzzle, but since you asked make it a little more rounded.

My apologizes, that one just flew right over my head; quite embarrassing of me.  Anyway, thank you again for your kind words as I truly do appreciate them!

Wow~ Another amazing piece of art. I really don't think you should change anything, it is your art style, and for one I really like it. Its sorta like a more realistic interpretation on MLP. And all the anatomy seems in check. :3

Keep doing what you do best, don't change because other people don't like it. If you think it looks good then it is perfect. 

You essentially struck how I interpret the way I draw, as it seems to lie in the middle between realism and cartoony.  But I truly thank you for your compliments as the mean a great deal to me.  As you said, I will keep trying to do my best!

In regards to the criticisms I have received towards the body of dear Apple Bloom, I always consider the perspectives of others when it comes to my work as it is very likely that I may have overlooked something.  Whether I agree or not is irrelevant, but it certainly gives me an insight on what I may have to keep a look out for when I draw in the future to avoid any potentially bad habits.

• Brohoof 1

Fantastic sketch! While the stallion-like head certainly makes her look a bit older than she is, overall this is a lovely sketch of Apple Bloom. Great job! :)

CDFuh.gif

"You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... cupcakes aren't good enough. Sometimes ponies deserve more. Sometimes ponies deserve to have their faith rewarded... with muffins!!!"

-The Muffin Mare

Oh man this is pretty dang sweet! I love your art style, definitely unique. The detail in the colouring is fantastic!

Nicely done. ^^

signaaaaaa.png