Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hey, who wants to hear a funny thing about the DWM? If they were REALLY offended by JJ's APM blog, maybe instead of a petition to ban him from cons, they should sue him. The best part? JJ won't lose a case.

ShadyVox put something Mutton Bash on YouTube. Something of shock value, which I perceived as a way to show the line of what is the real deal compared to Molestia content.

Which one was that? Is it with the Button Mash's Adventures or something about oral sex with Button and his mom?

Hey, who wants to hear a funny thing about the DWM? If they were REALLY offended by JJ's APM blog, maybe instead of a petition to ban him from cons, they should sue him. The best part? JJ won't lose a case.

Which one was that? Is it with the Button Mash's Adventures or something about oral sex with Button and his mom?

Well JJ on the other hand can sue them since there is evidence to show that DWM is a smear campaign. Posters are very gracious to pin up everything.

It was the oral one.

Doesn't endorse rape culture? I'm sure others will disagree, but last I checked, there weren't any ponies being raped in the blog. Molested with gags, outfits, and naughty jobs yes, but it never gets dangerously sexual in my opinion.

• Brohoof 3

Many people consider the subject of child molestation to be a very serious topic and not to be taken as a joke. I see their arguement, as I dislike the meme and see it as not humourous at all, but I don't believe in drawing art "opposing" of it. It's not going to stop any time soon.

Edited by Dismajo

Molestia to a number will see as a fandom spoof and to the others she's a complete mockery.

Still the truth of the matter is that Molestia isn't the Celestia which is owned by Hasbro and shown on TV.

The Celestia that DWM is fighting for, isn't even the real Celestia. Just their own imaginary interpertitation of that character.

By the way, Hasbro hasn't came out and officially said Celestia was ruined by Molestia.

Edited by Singe

Goofy parody is goofy parody.  The "white knight" of the series is bound to accumulate critics and detractors.  Nobody can embody the absolute perfection that Celestia apparently depicts.  So...we get fanciful interpretations of a sexually repressed, devious dictator who simply cannot resist the urge to abuse her subjects in deliciously evil ways.

It's basically a combination of "no, no, yes!*" and "harem anime" in one.

sorry; couldn't find a descriptive link that wasn't NSFW

• Brohoof 1

Youtube would have removed it already. It's shocking and I didn't laugh about it. Instead I just focused on the creator's intentions or maybe ShadyVox was trying to ruffle their feathers. That's just me.

I don't think it was related to anything, from what I heard he just got carried away when he was a guest on a adult artists livestream and someone found the voice clip and decided to animate it(now the later one's he did, which I might ad were far tamer and pure sex jokes without the rape part, were to ruffle feathers and poke fun and how pointless the complaining was)

Goofy parody is goofy parody.  The "white knight" of the series is bound to accumulate critics and detractors.  Nobody can embody the absolute perfection that Celestia apparently depicts.  So...we get fanciful interpretations of a sexually repressed, devious dictator who simply cannot resist the urge to abuse her subjects in deliciously evil ways.

It's basically a combination of "no, no, yes!*" and "harem anime" in one.

sorry; couldn't find a descriptive link that wasn't NSFW

Bro-Hoof because I'm happy I'm not the only one here that's taken to hotlinking Tvtropes while debating(I love the website for how informative it can be)

Many people consider the subject of child molestation to be a very serious topic and not to be taken as a joke. I see their arguement, as I dislike the meme and see it as not humourous at all, but I don't believe in drawing art "opposing" of it. It's not going to stop any time soon.

Actually from what I've seen of my idly flipping though it, JJs blog seems to subtly make it a point that child abuse the one line his version of her WON"T cross. I'd link a relevant comic, but Tvtropes doesn't have the link to it anymore and I don't feel link digging. 

It seems to me that Joseco has never once in his life made an image that wasn't objectifying women or supporting a dangerous or offensive idea about sex;

Found this on the petition, considering he has a buttload of clean non-molestia art out there(just look at this DA). This is proving the point that these people are accepting what's being fed to them by the "movement" as absolute truth without looking for themselves. I don't even think he does racy stuff outside the blogs.

And yes, this as reached such a apex of stupidity I'm mainly discussing it out boredom at this point. I got all raging out last night. 

Edited by Shoboni

img-1757922-1-Quinn_you_have_got_to_be_k

This whole DWM blog is stupid. I am actually a fan of the blog. Molestia is pretty freaking hilarious :3

One of the most respected and popular pony blogs ever is getting hate is expected. It's rated for mature audiences. If you don't like molestia, then it's not affecting your life.

It's just a joke. To quote the blog itself:

Molestia. Is. Awesome.

To quote some tumblr I just found, but now I really really respect the person who made it;

img-1757922-2-tumblr_mrp781D05k1qmu108o1

Oh my god that post is from pokeh****** I'm following him on Tumblr (before you stop and judge me you have to remember LOVE AND TOLERATE!!!)

Anyways I freaking love Molly/Molestia she 's bucking hilarious I enjoy the artstyle, innuendos and Molly herself.

About this takedown thing, THERE AS BAD AS GET RID OF POKE******, TAKEDOWN BRONIES, GET RID OF TWILICORN, AND ESPECIALLY THERE AS BAD THE SOCCER MOMS TO DERPY!!!

Edited by StallionSilverR

So I assume JJ hasn't gotten himself involved which is a smart thing minus the Down with Cake comic. As long he isn't involved, anyone defending Molestia who steps over the line can't be held against JJ like say the people in DWM who step over the line. Stay out of it and don't try to ruffle the other side which will allow him to take legal action if they go to far.

• Brohoof 1

Actually from what I've seen of my idly flipping though it, JJs blog seems to subtly make it a point that child abuse the one line his version of her WON"T cross. I'd link a relevant comic, but Tvtropes doesn't have the link to it anymore and I don't feel link digging. 

I don't read the Tumblr blog, but I have met John Joseco in real life, twice. I just don't really care for it much. John is a nice guy, though.

• Brohoof 1

I don't read the Tumblr blog, but I have met John Joseco in real life, twice. I just don't really care for it much. John is a nice guy, though.

I just flipped through it a couple times(I do keep on eye out for Gamer Luna and other gaming related strips to pop up though), from his DA and Twitter he seems like a nice guy, with is part of why all this frustrates me. He doesn't deserve the abuse. 

So I assume JJ hasn't gotten himself involved which is a smart thing minus the Down with Cake comic. As long he isn't involved, anyone defending Molestia who steps over the line can't be held against JJ like say the people in DWM who step over the line. Stay out of it and don't try to ruffle the other side which will allow him to take legal action if they go to far.

yeah, he hasn't even acknowledged it aside from the one comic. Not even the really nasty comments on his DA(which is probably for the best) 

Well, that little mess kind died down fast. It's been a couple days since any of them did much and the head of even quit taking public questions about it. It was kind like a bad fart, it was horrible while it lasted but ventilated out quick. 

Guys, I have good news, see this comment on JJ page, whoever was behind the petition pulled it and apologized for getting out of line, he even admitted that on further reflection he realized that what they were doing WAS trying to force censorship on him by giving the ultimatum of clean-up or get banned. He also admitted that supervising kids and guiding them if they found questionable things was better than censoring those things. 

I feel good, some of my respect has come back to see them admit this and offer the olive branch. 

http://comments.deviantart.com/4/342584/3187950484

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

That is good news some of the DWM is understanding how far overboard they have gotten. I don't care if DWM stays around if it wants, but it has to understand that a line exists and they aren't free to go about it however they want.

• Brohoof 1

The whole molestia concept is taking the main figure of authority and making fun of her. It's sort of like... I don't have an example to give because I need to catch up on world history, but you get the point. 

The whole molestia concept is taking the main figure of authority and making fun of her. It's sort of like... I don't have an example to give because I need to catch up on world history, but you get the point. 

If she was real, and not a cartoon character, what you refer to would be called political satire. The range of which goes from Aristophanes in ancient Athen, to John Stewart in the modern Daily Show.

But she's not real, so it's just satire, not political satire. :)

Just say 'political comics', which one can find all the time... I can enjoy Princess Molestia because I look at her as a differet character/from a different dimension or something like that. 'Molly' is not Princess Celestia to me. Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

Personally, I don't know why anypony would make something like Molestia. I don't think rape is funny and shouldn't even joke about it. Remember this is my opinion. My friends feel the same way at my school.

Personally, I don't know why anypony would make something like Molestia. I don't think rape is funny and shouldn't even joke about it. Remember this is my opinion. My friends feel the same way at my school.

Except for the fact the Molestia of Ask Princess Molestia isn't a rapist but a nympho. Meaning Molly has a very high sex drive, is seemingly always thinking about sex, and wanting having sex with any pony that catches her fancy.

If Molly was a rapist she would have forced herself on her sister long ago and not just tease or flirt with her.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

It's not really about Molestia. The real idea is about the position of power being the royalty, the authority, and the law she has over everyone. The terrifying presence over those that make fun of her. Punishing of the guards who don't "play along." Would it be any different if Molestia was a male?

i hope im her next victim. HA!! let's get serious i dont mind it but, if i see it when im just trying to look up something innocent of MLP(no clopfics or stuff like that) and i see it i despise with a passion. some of it is actually pretty humorous though

Going after JJ is the wrong idea because there are bigger things like shows, comics, and other media that can do equal to darker content. They make money off that.

I see the ignorant few from the DWM movements have moved from Tumblr onto here.

Down With Molestia is the most pathetic attempt to try justifying hating on something I've ever seen, and the fandom already has a lot of it to begin with but this just shows how terribly uninformed and projecting those that hate Molestia are.

Let me give an example.

4758-1708825724.png

This^ is Panty Anarchy from a series named Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. She is a fallen angel. What is she known for? Having sex. Lots of sex. She has this ability to basically woo or seduce almost anybody she wishes or makes eye contact with and it doesn't stop even to the last episode (or manga chapter, if you refer to it). The jokes surrounding her is that she's never satisfied, can never be seen in one single spot with someone (IE: Settling down)outside her sister who is her best friend, is foul mouthed, loves junk food, is amazingly skillful with gun combat and melee, and did I mention she likes sex?

This does not exactly make her a bad character: she's just extremely flawed but is also a parody that is not to be taken seriously by any means necessary. To do so is completely missing the point of both the creators' vision for the anime/manga Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, which in its anime adaption, is known for parodying western film and animation.

Now compare with Molestia and I'm going to use HARD FACTS unlike the opposition which is keen on not only saying Molestia is actually a rapist but gets by forcing -everyone- into the act.

- sexually deviant. She is constantly horny and is played up for laughs because as it's known in the comics submitted on the blog, she is in a (?) relationship with Twilight Sparkle and supposedly has some benefits with Cadence and Shining Armor. Anything else (like the size of her ass) has no sexual connotation to it whatsoever and is literally played up as silly as it's supposed to be. Look up the recent comic about watching Flash Sentry where she literally just stares at his ass until she falls asleep on it, where he then needs to pee.

- seems to actually be Celestia but as a personality swap: depicted by the way she answers her letters as if she was actually her (She rules Equestria, Luna is her sister, or anything else tied to the original character) and the greyed mane

- Luna has nothing to do with her at all outside of "Sister stop being so horny." and has a cute maybe-relationship-maybe-not with Derpy Hooves who's her best friend in the comic. Also she plays video games. A lot.

- Any referencing to her ability to 'molest' things is played up for laughs......such as when she somehow got off from a toaster. A TOASTER. WITH BREAD IN IT. Come on.

You want to be a part of something meaningful and not look like someone who's projecting their bullshit, twisted opinions on rape onto a harmless comic like this? How about we try limiting all the gore that floods this fandom. I now cannot go a day on Facebook (because violence is seen more accepting than any sexual content: it is how our society is, it seems) this past week without crap like that Smile HD video being shared or talked about. Hear me out though.

I am a man that loves the SAW movies, owns Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition, and goes to play Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance or Ninja Gaiden II to blow off steam.

But gorey violence (especially senseless violence to the degree that is Smile HD, which also continuously perpetuates the overdone idea that Pinkie is a psychopath who actually hates her friends) just really needs to be capped. When I see anything revolving around the video I physically get sick: I can't handle senseless violence to that degree: I didn't like it when I was in high school and my friend thought showing me "Happy Tree Friends" would be a fun afternoon, and I sure as hell don't like it now.

I feel when it comes to sexuality that it's something you grow to accept the older you get because we as a species need to reproduce and sexuality is nothing to be ashamed of. This isn't the case for violence BUT GETTING BACK TO MY POINT I just think this energy could be put to try and get rid of other things that are actually harmful immediately to the viewing eye than something that people are -trying- to make a big deal out of.

I think that molestia is pretty funny. besides its just someone taking a character and changing them into a different way. the reason i like her soo much is because she freaks me out XD. just let molly bother you bro :)

I think that molestia is pretty funny. besides its just someone taking a character and changing them into a different way. the reason i like her soo much is because she freaks me out XD. just Dont let molly bother you bro :)