Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

It would seem that John Joseco is responding to this whole "Down With Molestia" business on the "Ask Princess Molestia" Tumblr in his own clever way.  ;)

(don't worry, there's nothing at all NSFW about this image, it's really about as harmless as they come!  :muffins: )

tumblr_mroyeumm8N1r3xauuo1_1280.png

^_^ HA!!!  Oh John!  Ya know, that's exactly the way he should be reacting to this whole situation, just trying to get a laugh out of it and moving on.  That's really the best way to make this whole so-called "controversy" die down as quickly as possible and get these DWM zealots to move on to a worthwhile cause instead of this nonsense they're up to.

• Brohoof 7

Grab ye popcorn ponies, it's time for yet more needless yet hilarious MLP drama.

Personally I thought the original princess Molestia was pretty brutal; borderline R34 stuff fine by me btw.

However it's so clean cut these days it could be on daytime television..practically.

Either way let's not pretend that all the MLP fandom content is family friendly because the average fan is a 20+ year old male (23 myself ^^)

Edited by Gamer Twilight

Personally, I never really liked Princess Molestia.

She's supposed to be the benevolent mother figure in the show, but of course some fans just HAD to ruin her by making her into a molester. As a result, I find the Molestia meme to just plain tasteless and unfunny.

While I may not like Molestia, I'm still not taking part in "Down With Molestia"movement, mostly because neither side is handling the debate well. The DWM supporters are flaming pro-molestia pages, and the rabid Molestia supporters are spamming all who disagree with their meme on tumblr with hate mail and dox threats.

I actually like the Ask Molestia and Gamer Luna blog. Now more than ever because of Gamer Luna :wub:

It honestly makes me laugh. It really isn't meant to be taken seriously though.

Gamer luna is pretty awesome. I wish it was canon  :wub:  epecially the part of the blog that is like 'gamer luna is playing persona 4 etc' (I have a copy of persona 3 FES to play personally). For us gamers it's pretty awesome stuff  B) 

DWM supporters are flaming pro-molestia pages, and the rabid Molestia supporters are spamming all who disagree with their meme on tumblr with hate mail and dox threats.

That is against the rules of every major site. The DWM people should be reported. Rules are rules and dropping dox and sending hate mail violate that. the Princess molestia blog does not because it is free speech, and as such will not be taken down by brute force.

I can understand people being offended by it. But other works of fiction make light of heavy subjects and aren't chastised for it.

-Family Guy (pedophilia)

-Ask Pinkomena (murder)

-South Park (everything)

That is against the rules of every major site. The DWM people should be reported. Rules are rules and dropping dox and sending hate mail violate that. the Princess molestia blog does not because it is free speech, and as such will not be taken down by brute force.

So why should only the DWM supporters get reported?

The Molestia supporters are just as bad. They flame the DWM supporters, as well as send them hate mail. The Molestia fans were actually the reason why the Down With Molestia movement didn't start sooner because they attacked anyone who spoke out against the blog.

You also don't understand the definition of "free speech". Free Speech means being able to speak out against something, as well of being able to defend something. The Molestia supporters have no right to try to silence the people who dislike their blog with hate mail, as that would be suppressing free speech.

Freedom of speech goes both ways.

It's not my cup of tea. I don't have any problem with people who like clop stuff, but it's not for me. Also it makes me feel awkward - more so than actual full-on clop art. The fact that it dances on the edge makes me feel weird. I wish it was either 100% clean or 100% dirty. This 50/50 stuff doesn't sit right with me for some reason. It's really hard for me to put into words.

The Molestia supporters are just as bad. They flame the DWM supporters, as well as send them hate mail. The Molestia fans were actually the reason why the Down With Molestia movement didn't start sooner because they attacked anyone who spoke out against the blog.

You also don't understand the definition of "free speech". Free Speech means being able to speak out against something, as well of being able to defend something. The Molestia supporters have no right to try to silence the people who dislike their blog with hate mail, as that would be suppressing free speech.

Freedom of speech goes both ways.

Nobody mentioned the APM where resorting to the same tactics as the DWM supporters. All I had to go on was that the DWM crowd where the only ones throwing metaphorical stones. It's a good old fashioned pointless e-war then by the sounds of it. My prediction of who will win: whoever has the most supporters. Did the people running APM start this? I sincerely doubt it. They are if you forgive the borderline pun: victims. Dosen't matter, there are more people who like APM then hate it myself included. They will stay up, because whoever has more numbers always win in a pointless e-drama  :wub: 

• Brohoof 1

The Molestia supporters are just as bad.

Were the Molestia supporters the one who started this whole flame war? Were they the ones who shows this to the DWM to start the group in the first place? I believe who starts the flame war should be reported. The target is just defending themselves
  • Brohoof 2

The target is just defending themselves

Maybe, but one thing I learned about flame wars on my years on the internet is that flaming people back just makes things worse by adding more fuel to the fire. I am not completely innocent, I have lost my temper and flamed a few people in the past and flamed people back for flaming me (one of those times being on here) but all it did was just escalate and accomplish nothing. We ultimately have to ask ourselves "is it really worth it?" It seems in many cases the best response is to report it and move on.

• Brohoof 3

Were the Molestia supporters the one who started this whole flame war? Were they the ones who shows this to the DWM to start the group in the first place? I believe who starts the flame war should be reported. The target is just defending themselves

Even though the Molestia supporters are defending themselves, that doesn't give them the right to send hate mail to the DWM supporters. They can still defend themselves without resorting to this deplorable E-war tactic.

Also, you're wrong about who started the Molestia drama. It began because a few tumblr users who disliked Molestia grew tired of the Molestia fans trying to silence them with excuses like "learn to take a joke." As a result, they spread the word and gained more supporters.

If the Molestia fans would have been more mature with handling criticism, the whole drama probably would never have happened.

Bleh, I don't really enjoy it that much, to be completely honest. But, it's rather rude to try and get a blog taken down and such, just settle down a bit. It's just a joke, and you're flipping out about pastel colored fictional ponies, just relax.

• Brohoof 1

I can understand people being offended by it. But other works of fiction make light of heavy subjects and aren't chastised for it.

-Family Guy (pedophilia)

-Ask Pinkomena (murder)

-South Park (everything)

Cartoons have been doing it for a long time it was a different era.

Also Family Guy is in the same boat as South Park. They do almost everything.

The FIM series does kinda invite this sort of thing. Twilight waving her flank in front of Candence.

Edited by Singe

This whole Molestia is something that I have not looked into, thanks to an extreme lack of giving a FAQ. Not sure if I would find it funny, it depends. I for one am not someone who thinks 'Oh, a perverted joke? JFHFHFIRDJEOSJWOWIDJS WKWFUKBALLS!' I just don't see it as a big deal. Humans are naturally perverted so whatever. In terms of this, something about it supporting rape? Or making fun of it? I guess 'Molestia' gives that away. Well, I have heard countless jokes about that stuff and I am not bothered. Why? Because while those jokes do nothing in helping against such actions (almost nothing does), preventing these jokes does absolutely nothing either, except restrict freedom of speech. If it was strictly something that was obviously actively supporting those actions, then I could see the problem, but it isn't. It is a joke. If you find it funny, laugh. If not, then move onwards I suppose. That is my opinion anyways. I do not find Honey Boo Boo to be funny in any way whatsoever, but I am not actively trying to get that shut down, even if it is absolute shit.

• Brohoof 1

It's a joke, simple as that. I for one think the Ask Princess Molestia Videos are hilarious on Youtube. It's just a joke, if you don't like it don't watch it, simple as that. Let the people who think it's funny laugh at it, and just let them be.

• Brohoof 1

Also, you're wrong about who started the Molestia drama. It began because a few tumblr users who disliked Molestia grew tired of the Molestia fans trying to silence them with excuses like "learn to take a joke." As a result, they spread the word and gained more supporters.

If the Molestia fans would have been more mature with handling criticism, the whole drama probably would never have happened.

I doubt this wouldn't have happened even without the Molestia supporters. I think it's gonna happens anyways. The reason? The one who started the DWM is pinkiepony. She was a victim of rape and, encountering the Molestia tumblr, is not amused and wanted it to just be taken down. She had no concern over the fans anyways.

But pinkiepony is not a raging and hating kind (and I am glad about that). She just wants a peaceful movement (from what I read on her tumblr). Unfortunately, SOME PEOPLE in the DWM are on the same book, but not the same page.

I doubt this wouldn't have happened even without the Molestia supporters. I think it's gonna happens anyways. The reason? The one who started the DWM is pinkiepony. She was a victim of rape and, encountering the Molestia tumblr, is not amused and wanted it to just be taken down. She had no concern over the fans anyways.

But pinkiepony is not a raging and hating kind (and I am glad about that). She just wants a peaceful movement (from what I read on her tumblr). Unfortunately, SOME PEOPLE in the DWM are on the same book, but not the same page.

She's hurting herself just as bad by going on a crusade like this, the more she tries to hide from the memory instead of confronting it and putting it behind her, the more she let's it control her and keep hurting her. I've seen what happens to people that run and hide from their mental scars, they become bitter and enraged more and more with each time they react to the subject with anger instead of walking away. You have the take the bull by the horns and let those memories, those wounds know that they can't control you anymore. 

It's one thing just not watch something you find uncomfortable(that's the best choice of action), it's another to seek to destroy it. 

• Brohoof 1

It's hilarious (to me anyway.) Yes, it is a bit too offensively erotic at times and yes, it can shed some bad light on an innocent cartoon. 

But the reason why molestia's funny is because she's so over the top erotic that it's just stupid.  And stupid is just stupid.

• Brohoof 1

It doesn't sound "fair" or "right" to me as it comes off as taking it out on someone else who has nothing to do with the incident in any way.

Unless Molestia blogger was involved in the crime, making negative attacks against her, and/or profitting in any way off of this rape incident; then that's a whole other thing.

Edited by Singe

In my opinion, Molestia isn't as bad as Family Guy's crude humor, and I like Family Guy. It's not like you see the characters having sex or anything that severe. I would say that askmolestia is mildly funny and crude, but I wouldn't want anyone too young to follow it of course since there's a big of suggestive content on the blog.

It doesn't sound "fair" or "right" to me as it comes off as taking it out on someone else who has nothing to do with the incident in any way.

Unless Molestia blogger was involved in the crime, making negative attacks against her, and/or profitting in any way off of this rape incident; then that's a whole other thing.

The problem with Molestia is that it is literally making fun of rape and sexual assault. That is pretty bucking insulting to survivors and it just shows how far rape culture goes when you can just write it off as a joke. So if that is how you want to dismiss the molestia blog, please, please take the time to read this. It was actually written in response to a comic on Penny Arcade, but I feel it fits in rather well with my thoughts on Molestia, and rape jokes in general.

Now I don't think the blog should be taken down. I think JJ should make a post apologising for offending people with rape jokes, and promise to stop with them. 

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
Removed insult.
  • Brohoof 2