Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Hoof Bump" What the hay?

Daedric Pony

I couldn't help but notice that during Pinkie's smile song, precisely 4 minutes into the episode, she performed a bro hoof and referred to it as a "hoof bump". I kinda understand that saying bro hoof in the show wouldn't really make sense because there both girls (I'm 99% sure it was Scootaloo) but man it would have been so awesome if they did anyways...

I seriously doubt hoof bump will ever replace bro hoof, even if it is canon, but it still bothers me... :(

I kinda understand that saying bro hoof in the show wouldn't really make sense because there both girls (I'm 99% sure it was Scootaloo) but man it would have been so awesome if they did anyways...

We aren't gonna get lucky again with Rainbow saying Derpy and Derpy speaking. Don't see why your complaining about this.

Hoof bump = fist bump...

No problem here.

Bro-hoof is what bronies started calling fist bumps.

Good point! Yeah there's nothing to be concerned about. I'm just so used to bro hoof that my first impression was "Whaaat?? Thats a bro hoof!!!"

Hoof bump is pretty legitimate. Before brofist, there was fist bump. Given that the ponies are primarily female, and the ones who bumped hooves were fillies, it makes more sense to use a gender neutral term over "brohoof".

Besides, brohoof is more appropriately applied to bronies.

• Brohoof 1

I think they wanted to use Bro Hoof in this situation.

It looks like something that would be a neat opportunity for another Brony shout out, but it is the awkward fact that both involved were girls that they probably changed it to "Hoof Bump!"

I actually like Hoof Bump since it is gender neutral, but Bro Hoof seems to be engraved in out minds like how I can never call Lyra "Heartstrings" or call Derpy "Ditzy Doo" (which is no longer canon).

I think they wanted to use Bro Hoof in this situation.

It looks like something that would be a neat opportunity for another Brony shout out, but it is the awkward fact that both involved were girls that they probably changed it to "Hoof Bump!"

I actually like Hoof Bump since it is gender neutral, but Bro Hoof seems to be engraved in out minds like how I can never call Lyra "Heartstrings" or call Derpy "Ditzy Doo" (which is no longer canon).

Hoof Bump sounds...how can I say this...lame? I equate "Brony" and "Brohoof" with the word "guy". You can use "guy" to describe girls too. Pegasisters just sounds like it excludes boys from the group, and Hoof Bump just sounds positively lame.

I prefer Hoof Bump to Brohoof.

Sounds better, gender neutral. I think if they had said "brohoof", it would have been where the series "jumps the shark" so to speak and starts going downhill as it goes overboard catering to the "bronies".

• Brohoof 1

I think brohoof would have been pushing it a bit too far. Its just not something Pinkie would say. Maybe it would fit if the Pegasus jocks said it.

I'm still giddy over Derpy being made canon so I'm fine with it being left as hoof bump.

• Brohoof 1

Hoof bump sounds adorable for the female ponies. I love it!

Maybe it would fit if the Pegasus jocks said it.

Yeah, I agree. It might work if they got them to say it but I'm happy if they don't to be honest. They don't need to do any more to please us fans after Derpy!

Hoof bump = fist bump...

No problem here.

Bro-hoof is what bronies started calling fist bumps.

A brohoof is a hoof bump so this makes sense to me. I agree completely with cuteycindyhoney.

I wonder if any of us are doing the Diamond Tiara/Silver spoon greeting - Bump Bump Sugarlump Rump! :P

It's prefectly right.

Hoof bump = Fist Bump

Brohoof = Brofist.

Now, have you ever heard anypony calling another pony bro? No? I thought so. No brohoofs then. But maaaaaaybe, if there's an episode with a couple of gansta ponies we can get to hear a brohoof

• Brohoof 1

All the words are fairly interchangable in my book (I know technically they are different, but I don't really mind), so let the hoof-bumping/bro-hoofing/bro-fisting/fist-bumping commence! :P

I'd love to see an episode with gangstah ponies LOL. Brohooves all around!

But hoof bump sounds right for the show. I couldn't imagine AJ saying "brohoof!" or whatnot. I'd burst out laughing, and I'd never shut up! Hoof bump could never replace teh good ol' brohoof in my heart. < 3 c:

My friends and I brohoof instead of fistbump and high-five. c; We're all. "OHYEAH, congrats! BROHOOF!" and we clonk our little hoofsies together. Never will it be "OHYEAH, congrats! HOOFBUMP!" justno.;;

It's prefectly right.

Hoof bump = Fist Bump

Brohoof = Brofist.

Now, have you ever heard anypony calling another pony bro? No? I thought so. No brohoofs then. But maaaaaaybe, if there's an episode with a couple of gansta ponies we can get to hear a brohoof

I know it doesn't quite count because of the non-poniness, but Spike calls the big green dragon "bro" in Owl's Well That Ends Well. And I'm not sure, but there's a chance AJ or Apple Bloom have used it with reference to Big Mac. Not quite the same thing as the typical "bro context" in either situation, but the term does exist in the universe I guess!

Either way, as someone earlier said: fanon usually won't turn into canon, unfortunately. But just as there are multiple words for the act of bumping human fists in our world, I'm sure there are tons of different terms for bumping hooves in Equestria!