Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cross-Dressing

Sepia-chan

(edited)

I believe I've cross-dressed only twice in my life both during Halloween: As Blue from Blue's Clues for my 9th Halloween thinking she was a boy and Twilight Sparkle for Halloween of 2014.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

I think cross dressing looks kind of creepy especially boys dressing as girls. As well as male bronies dressing as female ponies. I would like it better if males dressed up as male ponies instead and females dress as female ponies.

I am not a cross-dresser, but my best friend is. At the beggining of the school year she was one of the girliest girls I've ever seen, then she became a tomboy, and now she's a boy. (And she is a pretty handsome boy.) :catface:

I find it really cool, and I wanna try cross-dressing too, but I am afraid of what society would think... :blush:

I'm not a cross-dresser myself either. It isn't my thing. Though, I do know someone who sometimes cross-dressed before they decided to undergo therapy to become a female.

• Brohoof 1

I obviously see nothing wrong with it. Clothes are clothes, some are specifically designed for the 'anatomy' of the two genders but most works either way, so why not? 

I have never done it myself, but I have thought about it, I don't think I could pull of any kind of style though. I cannot seem to do that with any types of clothing. :P

• Brohoof 2

I think cross dressing looks kind of creepy especially boys dressing as girls. As well as male bronies dressing as female ponies. I would like it better if males dressed up as male ponies instead and females dress as female ponies.

Hey! We don't always look creepy...some guys look really pretty

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Its fine when a girl cross dresses as a boy.

This is in no way a direct criticism of you, but this general mindset is basically my biggest problem with society today, and it is the very reason why bronies are hated at all.  What logical reason is there for this unfair double standard?  Women have spent hundreds of years proving that they can do anything men can.  But now, men can't do everything women can.  Funny how that works.

Same here! Women's clothes are just so much better than men's, in my opinion. It's just not fair that they get so many different styles and fabrics and we get so little. That's primarily why I cross-dress. I wear women's pajamas because I like how soft and comfy they are and I wear women's socks because I like how cute and colourful they are. The only problem is, even though I wear those things, I won't go to the extent of wearing a dress or anything really feminine because it would look silly on me. That's why, sometimes... I think it may have been better if I had been born a girl. :blush: Then I could wear whatever I want and not only would no one would think anything of it, but it would look better on me too.

My life in a nutshell.  Call me a male Rarity.  I have male junk and a male brain (not trans), but I wish every day that I had been born female.  It would suit my personality so much better.  Truthfully, I don't know if I can ever be happy with myself the way I am.  It's not that I'm living a lie, and that I'm "supposed" to be female, like a trans, it's just that I don't know if I can ever be happy in this society where the effeminate man is taboo.  The difference between you and I, though, is that I do wear the dresses.  I don't care if I do look silly.  You get one life.  One f*ckin chance.  I'm not going to die full of regrets because society tells me I can't be myself.

That said, I don't actually want to cosplay as a woman, per se, I just want to wear stuff that I like, that I think looks good on me.  I recently bought this little number, and I absolutely love it.

41awrimigBL.jpg

*raises a paw and giggles effeminately* I do! I'm extremely uninhibited about it. I wear skirts, leggings, tights, arm warmers, etc every time I leave the house. I've also casually gone into stores and sought out female clothes when I've needed to, even going so far as explaining to an employee it's for me if I need help. I'm so colorful and different (I even wear a tail and rainbow furry leg warmers) that I'm probably a minor local celebrity now. I very rarely detect negative reactions from anyone, even here in Cobb County..

You're a hero.  An inspiration.

I personally believe clothes are gender neutral, Example: If a man owns a dress, it's a man's dress. He owns it, therefore it's men's clothing.

And you are a genius.  It's so friggin simple, and you have it figured out.

:blush: I feel sometimes like I could be a girl, and maybe dressing up as one could help me understand my feelings a little better  :catface:

Me too, and you should, and it might.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

This is in no way a direct criticism of you, but this general mindset is basically my biggest problem with society today, and it is the very reason why bronies are hated at all.  What logical reason is there for this unfair double standard?  Women have spent hundreds of years proving that they can do anything men can.  But now, men can't do everything women can.  Funny how that works.

I saw that and wanted to respond, but deemed it an erroneous use of my emotional energy. If someone wants to single themselves out on this thread by posting an offensive opinion, me objecting won't change anything besides put myself at risk of a conflict that is not imperative to start. Most here are with us on this, anyway.

My life in a nutshell.  Call me a male Rarity.  I have male junk and a male brain (not trans), but I wish every day that I had been born female.  It would suit my personality so much better.  Truthfully, I don't know if I can ever be happy with myself the way I am.  It's not that I'm living a lie, and that I'm "supposed" to be female, like a trans, it's just that I don't know if I can ever be happy in this society where the effeminate man is taboo.  The difference between you and I, though, is that I do wear the dresses.  I don't care if I do look silly.  You get one life.  One f*ckin chance.  I'm not going to die full of regrets because society tells me I can't be myself.

I suppose since I'm on permanent disability and thus have no employers to placate, and tend to limit my social interactions to trans-friendly subcultures, I'm more at ease on this subject than the average transgender person. But, I don't see much evidence of society's disapproval whenever I leave the house. I'm sure many people see me and think, "Oh, geez, he's screwed up/a sissy." or "He's living a sinful life. He needs to find Jesus.", and that those people comprise the majority opinion. However, I virtually never get any flak for my appearance. Most who draw my attention are inquisitive or appreciative, and this is a relatively conservative county (though it's suburban and near a city). So, despite society's overall disapproval, I'm not unhappy beyond a misanthropic "Most of you people are primitive buffoons." sort of casual anger.

You're a hero.  An inspiration.

*blushes a bit as he tailswishes* Well, thank you! I do hope to galvanize more fembois and trans people with my words and aesthetical strategies and protocols!

Edited by Derpy Avenger
  • Brohoof 4

Well I don't cross dress on my spare time or anything like that, but I have excepted many dares that evolves me cross dressing.

For Example;

Elsa(Frozen)

Zelda(Legend of Zelda)

Princess Peach(Super Mario)

Kitana (Mortal Kombat)

Human Apple Jack(Do I have to specify where she is from) 

Cross-dressing is strange for sure, but no stranger than a grown man watching a show aimed at small children so...

Agreed Agreed All the way :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't cross-dress. I don't care much either way about it though. When I consider that this a community that includes devout cosplayers and other people with unusual dressing habits it doesn't seem very consistent to me to chastise someone for dressing in an alternative manner from that which mainstream society expects.

Though if someone likes the act f soing so, then who would I be to scrutinize them? I have a problem with those that ridicule though.

A typical Brony answer. 

• Brohoof 1

Cross dressing is a strange concept. And I do not mean that it is strange that someone would like to wear the "clothing of the opposite gender", just that we have a core concept of "gendered clothing" to begin with.

Anyways, I am a post-op transwoman. I currently wear jeans, T-shirt and a hoodie with sneakers as my basic go-to outfit. 50 years ago, this would have been considered crossdressing. Before my transition, I had a stash of "female" clothing, most of which did not fit right as I had no confidence to get them in the proper way (actually trying them on in a store).

One funny thing: During my transition, before I was "fulltime" (IE dressed as me at work) I would lament on facebook that I can finally stop crossdressing everytime I came home. So for me, at that time, I was cross dressing as a "guy" just for work. My coworkers convinced me to just go "fulltime" when most of the tourist customers would use female pronouns with me even though I was wearing "male" clothes. (Thank you magick gurl pills!) The next week, I was able to give up having to crossdress for work, and became Katie outright at that point. Also, once my name change went official, I burned the last of my "male" clothes at a party held in my honor. (I called the event "Burning Man" ;) )

So yeah, the concept of "crossdressing" is odd to me, considering the path that my life has taken.

• Brohoof 3

Cross dressing is a strange concept. And I do not mean that it is strange that someone would like to wear the "clothing of the opposite gender", just that we have a core concept of "gendered clothing" to begin with.

Anyways, I am a post-op transwoman. I currently wear jeans, T-shirt and a hoodie with sneakers as my basic go-to outfit. 50 years ago, this would have been considered crossdressing. Before my transition, I had a stash of "female" clothing, most of which did not fit right as I had no confidence to get them in the proper way (actually trying them on in a store).

One funny thing: During my transition, before I was "fulltime" (IE dressed as me at work) I would lament on facebook that I can finally stop crossdressing everytime I came home. So for me, at that time, I was cross dressing as a "guy" just for work. My coworkers convinced me to just go "fulltime" when most of the tourist customers would use female pronouns with me even though I was wearing "male" clothes. (Thank you magick gurl pills!) The next week, I was able to give up having to crossdress for work, and became Katie outright at that point. Also, once my name change went official, I burned the last of my "male" clothes at a party held in my honor. (I called the event "Burning Man" ;) )

So yeah, the concept of "crossdressing" is odd to me, considering the path that my life has taken.

The "Burning Man event" surely was something cathartic.

After that (plus the regular pony hypnosis), there is no way you could take seriously any future nightmare you may have based on the insecurities your old male self had [unless your clothes set themselves on fire when you remember it; but at least then would be just physical pain and panic, not something emotional].

• Brohoof 1

I cross dress myself a lot. My friends don't find it weird and neither does my mother. Pretty much everything that has been said here is my views on the subject :P

• Brohoof 1

I see nothing wrong with cross dressing. If anything it's just a matter of clothing taste. I mean so what if a girl likes guy clothes or vise versa with guys like girl clothes. Hell I've met a guy at an anime con dressed as Ariel and he pulled the look off great.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

I'm not an effeminate guy, any dress would look terrible on me! Can't pull off the look.

Same here! Women's clothes are just so much better than men's, in my opinion. It's just not fair that they get so many different styles and fabrics and we get so little. That's primarily why I cross-dress. I wear women's pajamas because I like how soft and comfy they are and I wear women's socks because I like how cute and colourful they are. The only problem is, even though I wear those things, I won't go to the extent of wearing a dress or anything really feminine because it would look silly on me. That's why, sometimes... I think it may have been better if I had been born a girl. :blush: Then I could wear whatever I want and not only would no one would think anything of it, but it would look better on me too.

Me personally, I really like being a man and I like wearing mens stuff, but I don't like limiting myself because as you say, women get comfy and colorful stuff. So in my off time If I feel like wearing colorful girls socks or whatever than thats what I like, not most of the time but everyonce in a while, if I feel like it. (For example, never at work).

Oh, and thanks for giving me the idea of getting womens pajamas. Sounds comfy.

So, I took the advice of someone earlier in this thread and bought some arm warmers. I wasn't sure if I would like them or if they would be big enough but surprisingly, not only are they big enough, but they can go all the way over my elbows if I stretch them out. They're also really soft, comfy, and warm. They're purple and somewhat "girly" looking by society's standards, so I'm a bit hesitant to wear them in public, but I did wear them under a hoodie once while shopping. For some reason it felt kind of exciting, especially when people noticed them.

sig-3985100.sig-3985100.sig-3985100.atta2015-02-19 20.12.22.jpgsig-3985100.sig-3985100.sig-3985100.atta2015-02-19 20.13.20.jpg

If anyone is interested, I bought them at Sockdreams.com. (which has tons of cute socks as well)

I should check out sock dreams, these arm warmers do sound nice with a hoodie.

Edited by Zoraxe
  • Brohoof 1

I suppose I partially cross dress.  I wear boy's underwear because I find it more comfortable.  I also wear boy's hoodies and ironically (I hope I'm using that word right) I sometimes wear men's shirts because they only seem to sell pony shirts for guys in stores.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Go for it. Dress as you like. I'd like to go for it. I got the figure for it. My parents say I have the proportions of a model. Heck, I get mistaken as a woman enough from behind. So, I'd probably look good in a dress, or a skirt,  or just get a schoolgirls uniform. Or one of those goth girl outfits. Get some stockings, long sleeves and wear a mask, and I'll blend right in. 

Except for high heels. I'm not gonna do high heels. I like my ankles too much for that. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2

I love to cross dress, and i find guys who do so to be incredibly sexy. Think is do whatever you want, I mean skirts where originally for men, then when rideing horses became popular they stopped (for obvious reasons) I would go into detail but it does not much matter. Do as you please and be who you please!

• Brohoof 1

As much as I hate being male, I've never thought of cross-dressing. I think everyone around me would find it weird.

But now... I'm tempted.

• Brohoof 2

Haha!! To me there's nothing as awesome as a guy that cross dresses!  :yay: 

<3<3 I loooooove it when guys cross dress I have no idea why but I just love it!  :pinkie: 
Ya'll should see my reaction if they also have super long hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :love:

On a side note..... t-twilythebookworm I totally recognize your icon that's Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji I love that anime!!  :pinkie:   Grell is the best!   :wub:

Edited by Fluster
  • Brohoof 1