Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching MLP Future Diary [Crossover] [Dark] [6 Slots Left]

Anneal

In the not-so distant future, or rather sixty-four years from present day, Equestria has greatly developed in technology. A good deal of diseases were now vaccinated or exterminated. Transportation has greatly developed, creating high speed trains and airships. Communications have quickened to the level that the whole world is now considered a global village, in some way or another.

Well, this isn't about history. It's about something else.

About a month ago, a group of archaeologists found something rather interesting. It was a metal shard with presumably prehistoric language, and as they found that shard, it abruptly glowed with a greenish light and disintegrate into dust. Ponies were mystified by this, though sooner or later they came to the conclusion that it was some kind of magic storage that was past its prime.

It was nothing of the sort, really. The shard was in fact a device created several millenia in the past, used by the ancestral gods that preceded Celestia and Luna. This particular device activated godlike powers that harnessed the power of time and space, which spread to an utterly insignificant place after these archaeologists unearthed it.

And that insignificant place would be called...Ponyville. It was a city of a few hundred thousand ponies or so, that developed throughout the decades from a rural village into a modern city. Twelve ponies were picked by the ancient god of time and space to fight in a battle royale, or a fight to the death, until only one pony survived and become the successor to the god of time and space. 

They all received the power to read the future from one of the most futuristic, yet common device of their time – cell phones. All ponies only have exactly a hundred days to eliminate each other before the Apocalypse occurs; if they fail to have a winner, the god of time and space will cease to exist along with the existence of time, space, and the universe. 

How To Use the Future Diary:

• All diaries are able to predict the future, but it works in a different fashion depending on the personality of the user.
  • All diaries are cell phones, though in rare cases other items may be used.
  • Each owner is designated a number from 1 to 12, and they will be called by their number unless their identity is revealed.
  • Should a diary have a "DEAD END" entry, the user must prevent that future from happening by doing something differently or influencing events. If an user fails to prevent his or her DEAD END, he or she will die.
  • If the diary is damaged that it is no longer able to work, the user will cease to exist.

Rules:

1. The Golden Rule of OCs: No Godmodding, no Mary Sues, and no metaplaying (learning things that are supposedly unable to be known by the character).

2. Link your OCs. For this, there will be little restrictions for approval; if your history is specific enough, I will approve it. 

3. Don't break canon and create events that evidently did not happen.

4. No relations with any cast pony in MLP. 

5. Technology is mid-late 20th century.

6. You can only have two characters, and only one can become a contestant. 

7. Only contestants have Future Diaries. Spectators will not have Future Diaries unless they have obtained it in some special way. (Ex: A contestant gives his or her phone to the spectator.)

8. I will determine the ultimate outcome of the contestants. Remember that you will have a very high chance of dying one way or another. 

9. Be realistic. Simple as that.

10. Other species that are not a pony are unable to become contestants.

Contestants of the Survival Game:

1st:

2nd: Cleo

3rd: Lance

4th:

5th: Zeal

6th:

7th:

8th: Jack

9th:

10th:

11th: Muddle

12th: Ambrose

Edited by Cartophile

I really wanted to read the manga that this is crossed over with, but it was out of stock in my local bookstore. sad.png

I think I'll join, but just one question. Will this be a very similar plot from the book(the ends) or not? 'Cause I'd really like to read the manga without spoilers. 

(Sorry if I'm wasting your time...)

Woah, never did a Survival Rp before. This looks awesome and something i want to participate in. One question: Will the 12 ponies work together or against each other?

I have the link to Jack/John in my signature. If He isn't accepted, I got Delia, the Zebra, My Ponysona, or Zefira.

Jack S., you shall be dubbed the Eighth, with the Provoking Diary. You have received godlike powers of reading the future; your own personal diary will reveal all your failed attempts, from fears, misguidance, and defeated fights.If you do not wish to die like your father, you must avoid all deathly possibilities that will very much happen to you.

You are not as perfect as you seem.

I really wanted to read the manga that this is crossed over with, but it was out of stock in my local bookstore. img-1870479-1-sad.png

I think I'll join, but just one question. Will this be a very similar plot from the book(the ends) or not? 'Cause I'd really like to read the manga without spoilers. 

(Sorry if I'm wasting your time...)

Not really, but the concept is the same. A twelve contestant fight to the death armed with a Future Diary.

Not really, but the concept is the same. A twelve contestant fight to the death armed with a Future Diary.

In that case, I'd love to join! :D

I think I'll be role playing with my character Cleo. However, if you think that she wouldn't suit this role play too well, I have another character Lyona.

In that case, I'd love to join! :D

I think I'll be role playing with my character Cleo. However, if you think that she wouldn't suit this role play too well, I have another character Lyona.

Cleo is now the Second, and uses the Trust Diary. It will limitedly tell you the future of trusted and identified ponies.

• Brohoof 1

I always wanted to try a survival rp, MY character is Muddle http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/muddle-r4553 if she can join, hopefully her shadow won't be a problem.

Muddle, the Eleventh, uses the Scribe Diary, which takes the appearance of a compact journal rather than a diary. Though it has nothing to do with reading Scribe's future, the Scribe Diary can descriptively read a future of a selected pony for a whole day, but at the cost of unable to read your own future, and higher vulnerability; if the journal is ripped or her shadow is damaged, she will cease to exist.

... I would normally say challenge accepted, but that would poor word choice seeing as your the puppeteer of this story. Either way this ought to be interesting. I can't wait until it starts.

Edited by danzxc123

... I would normally say challenge accepted, but that would poor word choice seeing as your the puppeteer of this story. Either way this ought to be interesting. I can't wait until it starts.

I'm not going to be a contestant though I would be involved in it as an observer. Also, I would give you diary entries; if you can legitimately find a way to escape DEAD END, then you will temporarily stay alive.

Hey there, I'd like to be part of this rp.

Here's my character's information :3

I hope I get to be a part of this

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/zeal-r4556

Zeal is now the Fifth, and uses the Nighttime Diary. It can read the future, but only works best at night; in the morning, it can work only in one hour intervals. In short, sharp at night, blind at day.

• 2 weeks later...

Am in on this. This is a really good idea for a story and I've wanted something like this for a while. Am joining with Ambrose my OC

(Post said eight spots left)

Ambrose is now the 12th, and has the Catalyst Diary, which instead appears as a clocklike computer mechanism. At first the diary's power is weak, but will gradually increase in power the longer you survive.

Can I join to as Lance http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/lance-flower-r3072

I think this will be a very interesting roleplay to be in (I would also like to read the manga to)

Lance is now the 3rd, and has the Vision Diary. Its power is relatively regular, but with an indirect catch; no one, try as they might, will ever believe his diary if they choose to see it.

What do you mean by more power. The diaries tell the future but how are some more powerful. Also do our characters just open their phones one day and see the future

No, you carry a cell phone with special powers, but it generally tells the future, in one way or the other, based on that pony's personality, which is pretty essential for all people to write at least five sentences of personality and backstory. Though it's not required, it can help a lot to determine which phone you get.

All of them are supposedly equal in power, but it depends on your perspective and usage. Yours will at first be weak in its future telling ability, only able to see a few minutes into the future with little information, but the longer you have it, it will gradually increase in power, which makes it extremely versatile; it is capable of giving ALL entries for the next 24 hours if you have survived for more than 72 days. However, early in the game, it's not as effective and may put you at risk and higher death probability. 

The Vision Diary is something else. It's power is just regular, one minute interval entries, only the user is unable to change or prevent someone else's future, only himself.

The Nighttime Diary is practically blind by day, but powerful at night. The user can't see any entry in the day, but in the night, it can see literally everything around his surroundings. 

The Scribe Diary can read someone else's future for the whole day if the user sacrificing her power to read her own. It also posed higher vulnerability, as if anypony who "damages" her shadow, Muddle will die.

The Trust Diary's power is to read limited entries of trusted and identified people.

The Provoking Diary's power is to read future failed attempts.