Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How a Transformers and Mlp crossover is Totally terrifyingly possible

Buck Testa

I will preface this by saying my logical brain does not want these hasbro franchises to meet for a slew of shark jumping reasons

But my crazy dream brain brought up a good point. The Transformers franchise DOES have a way of crossing over into mlp world as scary as that thought is.

Does anyone here remember Beast Wars?

300px-Beastwarsmaxgroup.jpg

For those of you who do not remember this computer animated television series the premise went like this; Optimus and his team intercepted Megatrons team in space and the insuing dog fight had their ships crash onto a nearby planet. Because of the fact that there was massive ammounts of Energon (the magic energy that keeps them functioning) on this planet it was dangerous for them to walk around in their base robotic forms as they would shut down from over exposure. Their answer was to assume alternate forms based on the local wildlife to insolate from the radiation and blend into the area devoid of technology.

So... as my odd dream patched together, If they landed on the pony world they would become

wait for it

Robots Disguised as ponies (Sweetie bot confirmed lol).

Or griffins or dragons or whatever.

Now you can freak out on how dumb this would be if they did it... which a toy selling company like hasbro is totally capable of doing. I mean come on

Transforming robot magical Alicorn princess Optimus Prime.... who doesnt strangely want to see that?

• Brohoof 3

Well, Pinkie Pie did make that Transformers noise in Equestria GIrls...

And  totally want to see Soundwave as a pony get into a sonic fight with Vinyl Scratch like he did with Blaster.

Count me in as a supporter of this most likely terrible but at the same time awesome possibility.

post-13808-0-72657300-1409337387_thumb.jpg

post-13808-0-72657300-1409337387_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Well, it is obvious that Hasbro owns both series. Try comparing the names of the ponies, particularly the G1 ponies to the Transformers. While one naming scheme is distinctly cute and feminine, and the other is distinctly cool(or trying to be) and masculine, it's obvious that both were designed to be sold on store shelves with a name slapped on the front of their package as a marketing scheme, and the shows are simply adaptations designed to sell even more toys. At the very least, Hasbro has managed to make some surprisingly great series given their underlying purpose, but the importance of names is clear.

As for the topic at hand though, I think both respective universes should stay in their respective universes. That said, a unicorn with hidden wings that acts as an Alicorn Princess transformer might not be a terrible idea.

Edited by Tross

It just wouldn't make sense. And Hasbro won't do it. They're already winning a lot of money with Michael Bay's horrible movies.

Well, Pinkie Pie did make that Transformers noise in Equestria GIrls...

And  totally want to see Soundwave as a pony get into a sonic fight with Vinyl Scratch like he did with Blaster.

Count me in as a supporter of this most likely terrible but at the same time awesome possibility.

Oh...

That sounds quite cool.

But Vinyl has no way to match Soundwave's awesome voice.

Seriously.

Edited by Darker
  • Brohoof 1

"Attention Ponybots:

I am Celestia Prime. My fellow Ponybots have found refuge in Equestria. With me are Rainbot Dash, Sweetie Bot, Apple Blast, Pinkie Pipes (as in exhaust pipes), Chrome Sparkle, Applesmack, Flutterbot, and Revity (imagine the sound of an engine revving to say her name...). We fight to protect others from Sombratron and his evil Shadowbots, hiding in plain sight."

Okay Hasbro...I've given you gold. I want 2% share in the profits.

Quick! Somebody draw these! haha

"Attention Ponybots:

I am Celestia Prime. My fellow Ponybots have found refuge in Equestria. With me are Rainbot Dash, Sweetie Bot, Apple Blast, Pinkie Pipes (as in exhaust pipes), Chrome Sparkle, Applesmack, Flutterbot, and Revity (imagine the sound of an engine revving to say her name...). We fight to protect others from Sombratron and his evil Shadowbots, hiding in plain sight."

Okay Hasbro...I've given you gold. I want 2% share in the profits.

Quick! Somebody draw these! haha

From a quick google search I would say someone beat you to the punch lol. My god the possibilities of such a bad crossover.

post-28557-0-50476000-1409342057.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

From a quick google search I would say someone beat you to the punch lol. My god the possibilities of such a bad crossover.

Bahaha. I saw the RD one of those drawings on Derpibooru, but I didn't bother googling anything. Looks like it's on peoples' minds!

Sombratron sounded better than Tirek or Discord having modified names. Discord would be fine keeping his name IMO. But yes, there are more ways something like this could go horrifically wrong than any amount of good.

Edited by PE Brony

Oh YES!!! I'd love a Transformers/MLP crossover!! Both franchises are Hasbro's biggest toylines since the 80s and had huge impacts on their demographics and society as well. I could imagine the Autobots crash landing in to Equestria by portal and the Decepticons can manipulate the ponies into thinking the Decepticons are the heroes and the Autobots are the villains, whilst they extract the magical power of Equestria right under every pony's noses. However, the latest Transformers series; Transformers Prime:Beast Wars, is made by CGI and MLP is made in Flash so the animations styles wouldn't mesh well together. MLp has done CGI before but not to Transformers' levels.

Still I'd love to see a crossover between MLP and Transformers!!

(Wonder if we could through in Powerpuff Girls? I can imagine Bubbles drawing and colouring pictures over the Dinobots, Blossom negotiating with Twilight and Perceptor and Buttercup should practise fighting with Dash and Ironhide.)

#thinks carefully# Nah! I'm being unrealistic.

I would pay to see this ever if it is terrible it would be hilarious. And transformer's singing musical numbers would be the definition of badass

All that is running through my head is Megatron and Optimus doing their rendition of This Day Aria... oh god XD lol

• Brohoof 1

No need to put too much thought into this. Just use multiverse principle and call it a day. Of course, Transformers would need to have a more traditionally animated show, maybe something similar to how MLP is animated. And just to play it safe, they might have to use a series that is less dark and more family... friendly...

...Oh dear, now it feels like the only series most likely to do a crossover is Rescue Bots. *face hoof* Nevermind. This cross over idea might not be so easy to pull off after all.

I just had a thought Why is there only one dj machine in Equestria maybe Vinial scratch actually has a transformer  

I'm telling you, man, it's freaking Soundwave.

I mean, yeah, he's usually a tape recorder, but he decided to redisguise himself for Equestrian Operations.

Soundwave: Laserbeak, eject! Operation: Party Time!

post-13808-0-04285100-1409757565_thumb.jpg

post-13808-0-04285100-1409757565_thumb.jpg

• 7 years later...
On 2014-08-29 at 3:32 PM, Darker said:

It just wouldn't make sense. And Hasbro won't do it. They're already winning a lot of money with Michael Bay's horrible movies.

Oh...

That sounds quite cool.

But Vinyl has no way to match Soundwave's awesome voice.

Seriously.

dee83t8-40809b51-6aca-449d-b7c4-1fb6a47d6785.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAxMGZlZTE4LTViYzMtNDYzMi05Y2FmLTkyMzI5NDY3Njc5N1wvZGVlODN0OC00MDgwOWI1MS02YWNhLTQ0OWQtYjdjNC0xZmI2YTQ3ZDY3ODUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.ynPZ8ImbNqT6k5WH4LeTEhImxHWjs3bYLwycYuppWfk both soundwave and fluttershy would probably be friend (not reform but still be loyal to Megatron))              

(edited)
On 2014-08-29 at 11:33 AM, Buck Testa said:

I will preface this by saying my logical brain does not want these hasbro franchises to meet for a slew of shark jumping reasons

>Reading this 8 years later

megatron-transformers.gif

Honestly those Transformers crossovers were probably the some of the best things FiM put out since S5 or S7, only beaten by the manga

Edited by Megas

• 2 weeks later...