Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

There already was a character destined to out live all their friends

FNGRpony

Posters make the crack alicorn twilight is gonna out live all her friends and that's horribly tragic (if her life gets bumped)

Isn't that gonna happen to spike?

he's a kid

he's a dragon

I mean their not quite immortal, but they live for generations.  I mean there's the normal consideration that spikes teacher, mother, best friend, and mentor is twilight sparkle,  (slave driver LOL)

I guess the major upside of all the characters growing old and dying he'd been around for at least a couple hundred years.

That combined with being Twilight sparkles apprentice one could only imagine his already extended life would likely last ever longer.

Imagine if your twilight sparkle being immortal where everyone you knew died (minus celestial, candice, and luna,)  I think she'd use her power to keep him going extra long as her last tie to her former mortality.

that and I think she'd be to OCD to get anew baby dragon to train.

THAT'S WHAT I KEPT TELLING EVERYBODY BUT NO ONE LISTENED I'M SUCH A GENIUS.

Anyway, yeah, pretty much. My head canon is that he'll live to be 250, 300 tops, because the thought of him outliving his friends for too long is too depressing for me.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 2

Dragons probably live for centuries but, they can't survive for too long without any sustenance. Twilight won't outlive her friends, Cadence won't outlive anyone either. So, Spike might live for a long time but not to the point of immortality.

Dragons probably live for centuries but, they can't survive for too long without any sustenance. Twilight won't outlive her friends, Cadence won't outlive anyone either. So, Spike might live for a long time but not to the point of immortality.

Several life times is pretty darn close to immortal.  So if twilight doesn't get a life bump, (not that, would ever be addressed in the show, or ever need to unless they started doing massive time JUMPS)

like say someone hurling into the future,

the only consistent charactat that would be around in say 100 years would be spike. 

Likely guiding Celestials next apprentice.

Several life times is pretty darn close to immortal.  So if twilight doesn't get a life bump, (not that, would ever be addressed in the show, or ever need to unless they started doing massive time JUMPS)

like say someone hurling into the future,

the only consistent charactat that would be around in say 100 years would be spike. 

Likely guiding Celestials next apprentice.

I highly doubt the hurling into the future part, sometimes you die when you even arrive in the future. The show probably won't have another future episode, since It's About Time had a bad ending.

I highly doubt the hurling into the future part, sometimes you die when you even arrive in the future. The show probably won't have another future episode, since It's About Time had a bad ending.

I don't think it's that unlikely, hell even PPG had a episode where the girls were thrown into the future.

One of the main six has doubts along the lines

"Do we ever make a difference?"

que dream sequence of magic, boom or or two part episode that teaches them the moral of how important they are.

Practically writes itself.

I don't think it's that unlikely, hell even PPG had a episode where the girls were thrown into the future.

One of the main six has doubts along the lines

"Do we ever make a difference?"

que dream sequence of magic, boom or or two part episode that teaches them the moral of how important they are.

Practically writes itself.

Granted, morals can be found in any episode even if the moral is missing what the episode is about. It just wouldn't make any sense to have a character outlive anyone, as for the future episode I hope it is better than It's About Time.

The show has implied that Granny Smith is hundreds of years old, in that she was present at the founding of Ponyville, and the Winter Wrap Up ceremony has been taking place in Ponyville for 'hundreds of years'.

So the lifespan of ponies is in question in the first place.

• Brohoof 2

Granted, morals can be found in any episode even if the moral is missing what the episode is about. It just wouldn't make any sense to have a character outlive anyone, as for the future episode I hope it is better than It's About Time.

I happened to like it's about time, only for when i saw clips of it i kept thinking "WTF IS this gonna be about? and why does she look like snake from escaping LA?"

Again we don't know what future villians are gonna bring.  Hell teen titans had an epsidoe that tossed star fire into the future,

(I think one of their better ones).

I mean with a show about magic it's not entirely impossible.

I happened to like it's about time, only for when i saw clips of it i kept thinking "WTF IS this gonna be about? and why does she look like snake from escaping LA?"

Again we don't know what future villians are gonna bring.  Hell teen titans had an epsidoe that tossed star fire into the future,

(I think one of their better ones).

I mean with a show about magic it's not entirely impossible.

I have to admit that I liked the episode, but the episode was perfect until you saw the predictable ending. It's just how it is.

So the lifespan of ponies is in question in the first place.

Remember that whole controversy over the term "a hundred moons"? Hahahaha, yes, yes, that was...dumb.

Heck, for all we know, that "dragons sleep for a hundred years" thing may not be true anymore.

• Brohoof 1

Let's not forget that Discord has friends now (or at least Fluttershy) and he's going to outlive them all, assuming Celestia and Luna aren't fully immortal (which I don't think they are).

Anyway, on topic, yeah, I think Spike would technically outlive his friends, but I'm hoping that it wouldn't be, like, thousands of years after they are dead. :'(

I have to admit that I liked the episode, but the episode was perfect until you saw the predictable ending. It's just how it is.

Well i'm not sure how they could fixed the ending honestly.

I thought it was funny when twilight was like "was there some great pony war?"

that and it's always fun watching twilight running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Well i'm not sure how they could fixed the ending honestly.

I thought it was funny when twilight was like "was there some great pony war?"

that and it's always fun watching twilight running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

I guess you don't expect them to fix the ending, if it's just the same as the beginning. Watching Twilight overreact is pretty funny.

Let's not forget that Discord has friends now (or at least Fluttershy) and he's going to outlive them all, assuming Celestia and Luna aren't fully immortal (which I don't think they are).

Anyway, on topic, yeah, I think Spike would technically outlive his friends, but I'm hoping that it wouldn't be, like, thousands of years after they are dead. :'(

Makes me think what would happen once Fluttershy Dies. Will Discord lose his shit and destroy everything? Will he stay loyal to the princesses even if Fluttershy isnt their to force him to? Or will he bring her back to life?
  • Brohoof 1

The way he's going to grow up will be different from normal dragons as well, and this could effect how long he lives.

Dragons grow up from increasing greed which can also accelerate there growth, but seen as spike suppresses that at the moment he grows in a different way?

There was an image showing how spike looked different in cutie mark chronicles compared to the episode where he was really greedy (in one he grows up via greed, the other by magic).

• Brohoof 1

Makes me think what would happen once Fluttershy Dies. Will Discord lose his shit and destroy everything? Will he stay loyal to the princesses even if Fluttershy isnt their to force him to? Or will he bring her back to life?

Honestly, I think that by the point Fluttershy is dying, Discord would have already come to terms with the fact that she's going to die eventually. He's been around long enough to know that everyone else around him dies eventually. In fact, it might have been one of the reasons he didn't want to make any friends. I do admit it would be very interesting to see him, as you put it, "lose his shit", but I don't think it would happen. He would be devastated, but, for her sake, he probably wouldn't destroy anything.

As for staying loyal to the princesses, that will be determined on whether or not they befriend him. I do think by the time Fluttershy is dead or dying, he would have forged some bond with them, or at least have something that makes him not want to go back to the way he was. After all, once you realize how wonderful it is to have friends, you really don't want to go back to being hated by everyone again.

Bringing Fluttershy back to life? Hm, well, I bet it would probably cross his mind, but I think even Discord has some boundaries in nature he won't cross. He of all people would know the damaging effects of bringing life back to a person (pony) that should be dead. You know, rifts in space-time continuum and such.

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos
  • Brohoof 1

There's a easier plausible solution. Elements of harmony. That were able to harness their energy. Nothing goes aagainst the idea that their the spirits of the elements of harmony which in end might make them immortal.

It's a little depressing to think Spike'll outlive the Mane 6, but then again, one has to think that once he grows into an adult, he'll likely become mindless and greedy like all his other scaly brethren, thus reaching a point where he'll be so engulfed by his draconic instinct to hoard treasures that it'll stop really torturing him. That in itself is kind of a sad thought, I know.

And even if he is somehow able to defy his instincts and grow to be a friendly dragon, I'm sure he'll always have fond memories of his friends as he watches over their descendants. :)

Poor Spike. It's going to be just him and Tank in a couple hundred years. That is unless as a full grown and scary fire breathing dragon, he has Tank for a little snack!

Being sad always makes me hungry (LOL) how about you?  I keep forgetting turtles damn near live for ever.  I have this horribly depressing mental image of tank visiting rainbow dashes grave.

what are you suggesting discord goes Full metal alchemist up in this bitch?  Even thought he knows better (kinda lol).  Oh yeah I could see that.   I think Resurrection would be Plan A so much so he wouldn't even be greif stricken maybe a tear running down his cheek.  "Don't worry flutter shy uncle discord is gonna make everything alright." 

Carring her body off to some dark misguided ritual.

Discord bringing flutter shy back to town with green glowing eyes and a cthulu voice

Discord

"Good as new, hell I'd say I rather much like the new flutter shy!"

Flutter shy

"souls!"