Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv New Sonic TV show "Sonic Boom" to debut Fall 2014

Discordian

I'll probably watch a couple episodes of this to see if I like it. I'm not the biggest fan of Sonic, but I still do love cartoons.

Also is that Knuckles by (what I'm suspecting is Sonic and Amy)? What happened to him? o.o

It is Knuckles. From the looks of it they are taking a more stylistic route for the characters. I imagine they'll be changing all of their designs on some level. I really hope Amy isn't in that stupid red dress anymore. I'm tired of seeing it.

Now I didn't really grow up with Sonic (was more of a nintendo guy) but I have played a few of his games. I've tried to watch some Sonic cartoons but the were so cheesy I turned it off.

anyway, on subject that name sounds wrong. It should be named Sonic rain boom lol

I'll definitely check this out.

I've always loved Sawneek, and I'm excited to see the approach this will be taking.

I'll be hooked on it if it's anything like the classic Sonic SatAM series. That was amazing. Or even the Disney Sonic cartoon, if they take a more comedic approach.

Now I didn't really grow up with Sonic (was more of a nintendo guy) but I have played a few of his games. I've tried to watch some Sonic cartoons but the were so cheesy I turned it off.

anyway, on subject that name sounds wrong. It should be named Sonic rain boom lol

I think Sonic Boom is working title still but whether they use it or not it's an obvious reference to both Sonic's speed as well as the song from Sonic CD opening theme song Sonic Boom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYW7-hNXZlM

I'll definitely check this out.

I've always loved Sawneek, and I'm excited to see the approach this will be taking.

I'll be hooked on it if it's anything like the classic Sonic SatAM series. That was amazing. Or even the Disney Sonic cartoon, if they take a more comedic approach.

Considering it's comedic approach, and the fact that it'll only be 11-minute episodes, I don't suspect they'll take a SatAM approach but even so when I think about it Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (the "Disney" cartoon you're likely speaking of cuz it aired on Toon Disney) was more comedic but Sonic was far more serious in that one than he was in SatAM which was the "serious" show.

Regardless I hope it does well.

• Brohoof 3

Well, this is certainly going to be an interesting take on the series. I really hope this will be one of those shows on Cartoon Network that will actually be good. I really hope that some action will be on the show like SatAM. I will be worried if it turns out to be one of those terrible CG cartoon shows that we're so used to seeing. But I really have hopes for the series. 

Well, this is certainly going to be an interesting take on the series. I really hope this will be one of those shows on Cartoon Network that will actually be good. I really hope that some action will be on the show like SatAM. I will be worried if it turns out to be one of those terrible CG cartoon shows that we're so used to seeing. But I really have hopes for the series.

I have high hopes for it. Even if it is comedy it's still Sonic and they did say they would have baddies in it so there'll be action too.

Now the question is whether the baddies are just gonna be cameos or if there's going to be a bigger story arc to follow.

THAT long?? Awww sad.png
I've known about this show for a LONG time now. I was wondering when it was going to come out, but in Fall 2014??
To me, that's WAY too long of a wait.

Oh well. There's always the games smile.png

Edited by Stevenearthpony

... Seems we have a long wait ahead of us.

Anywho, for starters... the hell's up with those shadows? Is that really a look at the characters?

... I'll offer the benefit of the doubt for now on this one.

I am looking forward to this show. I've always loved Sonic and would really like to see a new Sonic the Hedgehog TV series. Preferably something that balances between Sonic SatAM and AoStH, without the unnecessary Earth issue. I'm hoping for a good show.

... Yeah, that's really all I've got to say for now. Here's to hoping for a great show!

Yeah, I'm excited for this.  I loved the Sonic TV show (YOU KNOW WHICH ONE I'M TALKING ABOUT).  I've seen a few episodes of Sonic X and kind of like it.  So I have every reason to expect good things of this one.

Really?! That's great news! I've always been a fan of Sonic since I was a young kid, same with Mario. It's gonna be quite the wait for me until the actually comes out, but I've got enough patience for it as long as the shows good, which I'm assuming that it will most likely will be. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ah yes, I've heard of this new sonic cartoon. But after sonic '06 I've remained sceptical with anything having to do with our super speedy furry friend. So until I see this new cartoon, I'll just keep an eye on him like with spider-man.

• 11 months later...

I just found out about Sonic Boom, Like, Today!

Why am I always the last to hear about stuffs? >_>

Anywho, I come with news that Sonic Boom starts airing, in the United States, on Saturday, Nov 8'th, 2014, on Cartoon Network.

Here's two preview clips:

Just realized the last post was like a year ago... Hopefully this'll qualify as "Meaningfull or Significant Info Added". ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The first two 15-minute long episodes (including comercials) aired yesterday, on Cartoon Network, in the USA. I haven't seen them yet. Did y'all get a chance to watch em?

The first two 15-minute long episodes (including comercials) aired yesterday, on Cartoon Network, in the USA. I haven't seen them yet. Did y'all get a chance to watch em?

Yes. They were (in my opinion) a nice distraction but not the most proper way to begin a series.

Yes. They were (in my opinion) a nice distraction but not the most proper way to begin a series.

Considering the games technically come first that doesn't exactly surprise me. Unless all the info I've been given about them is wrong somehow...

I hope it ends up on DVD so I can watch them at some point. I don't have cable of any sort, nor do I have Netflix or anything else that it might be put on. It's DVD or bust for me.

post-18984-0-74657500-1415589202.gifI plan on watching it! Yeah, the characters look weird, but that's alright.

Some artstyles can take some getting used to for sure but personally I like the way they look. Especially Amy. She's needed an overhaul for awhile and even though she's not all that different she seems different enough that they may actually be trying to break her out of the mold she was stuck in for the last fifteen years.

• Brohoof 1

Considering the games technically come first that doesn't exactly surprise me. Unless all the info I've been given about them is wrong somehow...

I hope it ends up on DVD so I can watch them at some point. I don't have cable of any sort, nor do I have Netflix or anything else that it might be put on. It's DVD or bust for me.

Well a TV series should be designed in a way so nobody has to look at external material to understand what's going on.