Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Equestia Divided Reboot

GreyScholar

(edited)

None of this would have happened if Twilight had the full support of her friends, if they would have believed in the royal sisters and her beloved mentor. All she has done is in reaction to ponies calling her teacher a liar, from those criticizing Celestia and Luna that they did not actually raise the sun and moon. Paranoia, fear, and anger at those who would ever speak badly of the celestial sisters that played such a part in Equestria life. In Twilight's eyes her friends betrayed her, Applejack doubts and even back then possible accusations as well as the likely chance of others of the bearers growing distant. Twilight, not having the support she needed reacted and tried to turn herself into an alicorn to restore balance. Yes she manipulated Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, even seemingly killing her friend but can you blame her? Remember Lessen Zero, what can happen when Twilight loses it and doesn't have the support of her friends.

Each of the factions are wrong, each in their own way, and House Earthborn can be considered just as bad as the others... the most that can be said is that perhaps they are the lesser of many evils.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 4

Might just be me being bloodthirsty as per usual, but I think that's a bad idea. Scholar's already said that it's unlikely any of the Houses will win over the others, and that even if they do we all die anyway, and I don't know about you but I'd like to keep this RP reasonably dark and grim since that's what it was meant for.   Besides, Applejack's already accidentally (and that is meant in a completely un-sarcastic way) conditioned Applebloom to hate the other Houses, at least in my rendition of Earthborn.

I second this. It might not be the wisest decision to start off with a story arc that has already taken place before the RP itself. While I credit Lisboa's story telling abilities, we can't make these assumptions without any form of build up or actual character development. His comic starts out with Earthborn and Stormwing already in the process of forming an alliance (wont last), in an RP situation that's just moving ahead too fast for anyone to follow.

And also following one from this, my rendition of Scootaloo is one that aims to please Rainbow Dash in everything that she does. She aspires to be like her, following every word and command she says. Of all ponies I would say Scootaloo is one of the most loyal to the cause.

Edited by The-Master

Why does there seem to be a constant thing in this thread of it being wrong to fight for something you believe in? Is it just me that thinks that sometimes fighting is necessary or that someone can use violence to further a worthy cause? Has anyone considered that about 5/6 of the Houses are merely acting in reaction to Moon & Star's establishment of dictatorship over Equestria?

I think it's nessecary at times to fight for what you believe in. In this case however, it is utterly pointless and not worth even a single drop of blood to solve. And let me tell you, establishing unicorn dominance, wiping out the forest and the unicorn race, establishing pegasi milititary dominance, destroying the known civil world, destroying everypony outside your House in the most deceptive ways possible, and influencing everypony to be a bunch of happy, psychotic, worshippers are not my idea of a worthy cause. And if five of these were in reaction to House Moon and Star's dictatorship, then they're going about it the wrong way.

Also about cutting off horns not being at the same level as what Moon and Star is doing, they don't just toss them away. No, they actually DISPLAY them like trophies! If you don't believe me, have this link.

http://pooryorickda.deviantart.com/art/Equestria-Divided-Earthborn-Leaders-369585668

Not only that, they're trying to destroy the entire Everfree forest!

None of this would have happened if Twilight had the full support of her friends, if they would have believed in the royal sisters and her beloved mentor. All she has done is in reaction to ponies calling her teacher a liar, from those criticizing Celestia and Luna that they did not actually raise the sun and moon. Paranoia, fear, and anger at those who would ever speak badly of the celestial sisters that played such a part in Equestria life. In Twilight's eyes her friends betrayed her, Applejack doubts and even back then possible accusations as well as the likely chance of others of the bearers growing distant. Twilight, not having the support she needed reacted and tried to turn herself into an alicorn to restore balance. Yes she manipulated Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, even seemingly killing her friend but can you blame her? Remember Lessen Zero, what can happen when Twilight loses it and doesn't have the support of her friends.

Each of the factions are wrong, each in their own way, and House Earthborn can be considered just as bad as the others... the most that can be said is that perhaps they are the lesser of many evils.

Not to mention the death of her parents and chaos happening all over Equestria in the early days after The Sisters were gone caused her to have a complete mental breakdown, only to be worsened by that fact none of her friends were around to help her through those troubled times, and then she descend into the pony she is today.  

I mean you will probably lose your mind too if you had no friends, your parents just died, the one person you always look to for guidance is gone, and the world around you was in utter chaos with rebellion and anarchy running rampant... Wow... I actually feel sorry for Twilight now...

Edited by AnonBrony

Wow... Thanks for that new perspective guys, never thought of what Twilight had really endured or the end result of most of the Houses' schemes.

I do have one more point, however; the war is only "pointless" from a meta perspective. We know, or at least pretty sure, that the Royal Sisters are at work. We know the Guardians will probably prevail. We know Equestria will be reunified. But the House leaders don't, and that's the source of conflict.

So I watched some of the stories of other people's OCs, and to say at the least, all of them are pretty dark and ugly, if not the pony's personality and preceding backstory itself. There's a good deal of insanity, psychopathy, and sadism going on here. 

One of them, for example, is a willing Inquisition scientist who amorally executes non-unicorns in cold blood. Another is a Earthborn that got almost every member of her family killed by Stormwings, rather than the intended Moon and Stars. Another unicorn goes through the same fate and plunges into an uncertain insanity as he joins the Cult of Laughter. 

And the sane ones don't really have it much better, either. A non-housed pegasus is physically and mentally scarred for life. Yet another follows them same fate. There is only three that have decent fates. One of them retains their sanity. And the other two are mine's. 

Astrolabe has it lucky since all of her family members are from the same race as hers and therefore there's no quarrel, and though she's forced into Moon and Star, she doesn't quite lose her sanity and even gets a bit of her morality back. And Blue Print might not be as good, since she falls into a pit of what's good and bad and her sense of justice is even more warped when she starts classifying ponies as black and white. Doesn't fall into the "psycho" category, however. But she does ultimately lead to her children also being misguided, possibly brainwashed. (Which might be pretty bad itself to brake her own next generation.)

I feel a bit guilty for others having scarred victims as their OCs. 

Edited by Cartophile

A non-housed pegasus is physically and mentally scarred for life.

Was that North Shine?

And yes, dark war settings like this usually call for dark backstories. Considering the nature of the leaders and their House's laws and philosophies, it has the potential of effecting anypony and the end result is usually not pretty. 

• Brohoof 1

Was that North Shine?

And yes, dark war settings like this usually call for dark backstories. Considering the nature of the leaders and their House's laws and philosophies, it has the potential of effecting anypony and the end result is usually not pretty. 

Huh. I wonder if there is going to be an actual happy ending to this, since there should be an eventual light in at the end of the darkness. 

Unless you're going for the ending that nothing becomes better and everypony's is going to living in this Crapsack World for the rest of their lives. 

(edited)

In this Crapsack World for the rest of their lives.

Well... supposedly this war is to go on for another 20 years with things becoming even worse. Yet we are not going with this ending at least not as a main end.

The two most likely endings is that the Houses destroy each other leaving sliver groups and the Cult fight for survival... or the bearers of Elements of Harmony put aside their differences to reforge the bond they once shared to save Equestria against the mysterious Six Gifted leading their Houses into battle with the aid of the Guardians.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

@,

Like I said before, there are two possible endings to this roleplay if we stay active long enough to end it properly. Either the leaders clean up their act and become the Elements of Harmony once more, or it's the end of Equestria as we know it.  

@@EquestrianScholar,

Will there be a set criteria that has to be met if we want to see one of these endings?

Edited by MagicalStarRain

Well... supposedly this war is to go on for another 20 years with things becoming even worse. Yet we are not going with this ending at least not as a main end.

The two most likely endings is that the Houses destroy each other leaving sliver groups and the Cult fight for survival... or the bearers of Elements of Harmony put aside their differences to reforge the bond they once shared to save Equestria against the mysterious Six Gifted leading their Houses into battle with the aid of the Guardians.

So basically the Equestrian Nation Civil War, as I like to call it since there are six warring nations, is like the Thirty Years War in the alternative "not going to happen" ending? 

That's honestly a bit unrealistic when I think of it...a war raging on for more than thirty years because of some conflict. Generally wars don't last for more than fifteen years because of economical and political issues, and a country can easily go into debt if they don't manage their money well during wartime. There are very few exceptions to this. And I think this should especially go for the MLP universe, since they definitely have currency. 

Eventually if they keep fighting, they'll slowly deplete their resources and military force if not handled wisely, the morale of troops will go down as the war rages on, ponies will grow tired of fighting and military rule, and worst case scenario, they're going to start yet another war at the same time, further worsening the issue. It would be extremely difficult to keep the military in shape if they fight for too long, which is why wars should be finished as quickly as possible. 

As Robert E. Lee said, "it is well that war is so terrible – lest we grow too fond of it."

@,

Like I said before, there are two possible endings to this roleplay if we stay active long enough to end it properly. Either the leaders clean up their act and become the Elements of Harmony once more, or it's the end of Equestria as we know it.  

@@EquestrianScholar,

Will there be a set criteria that has to be met if we want to see one of these endings?

Les Miserables, anyone? 

-snip- snip-

My OC up there wasn't the list... which I should probably be making right now... But My main OC Eternity also has a tragic backstory. Hes basically a unicorn who lost his only family member he knew and loved, fell into depression, and then experiences all the horrors that is Moon and Star... mainly since hes Twilight's student, so hes seen a lot of things hes shouldn't. Though he is still sane and has morals.

@,

Les Misérables? I don't know the story too well, so can you please explain? 

Victor Hugo's masterpiece and the one of the best classics of the 19th century. It takes place in a post-Napoleon France where chaos looms the streets, and it ends with the 1832 Paris June Rebellion. Nothing ever goes right in this book; whatever gains the characters have they eventually lose it. And the populace grows more and more enraged that they literally create a second "French Revolution"; and yes, it's real. The rebellion is eventually crushed with almost all of the main characters dying in such sad ways and it ends with a downer ending. 

What I really mean is that it at first seems promising – the rebels promised equality and all that, but in the end, no one's technically good and everyone's stuck in a state of confusion. Nothing good ever comes out of the book, except for the romantic relationships the characters develop. 

My OC up there wasn't the list... which I should probably be making right now... But My main OC Eternity also has a tragic backstory. Hes basically a unicorn who lost his only family member he knew and loved, fell into depression, and then experiences all the horrors that is Moon and Star... mainly since hes Twilight's student, so hes seen a lot of things hes shouldn't. Though he is still sane and has morals.

I've intended for Astrolabe and Blueprint to be inflict little from the Equestrian issues, but they eventually find out what's happening behind the scenes.

Ahkay... here's the current list of all approved OC's and their respective players, along with which faction they belong to:

House Moon and Star:

Eternity - AnonBrony

StarRain - MagicalStarRain

Astrolabe - Cartophile

Kinetic Energy - Windbreaker

House Whitegold:

Dorado - AnonBrony

Myopia Oncler - Myopia Oncler

House Earthborn:

Poppy Seed - Windbreaker

Braith - PDS.avi

Fixit - Archi the Sandworm

Long Stride - The-Master

House Everfree:

(If someone doesn't have a second OC mind making an Everfree Character?... Flutters is gonna be all Lonely sad.png )

House Stormwing:

Descant - North Arrow

Star Keeper - The-Master

Cult of Laughter:

Tarot - Grand_Finale

Lautrec the Embraced - Myopia Oncler

Guardians of Harmony:

Golden Dawn - EquestrianScholar

Spell Shock - Spell Shock

Factionless: 

Cascade - Descant

Ginseng - MagicalStarRain

North Shine - MagicalStarRain

Star Dream - Equestrian Scholar

-----------------------------------------------------

@@Windbreaker@

I have taken the liberty to approve your second OC's. They were both very well done. Not really any major problems. And Oncler I'm probably gonna keep calling you Once-ler since that is who your OC is based off of heheh.

Also @@SilverHeart@@Tricksters Pride@ and @@LittleRawr, still need to submit their bios. Though LittleRawr and @, have been inactive.

I have also contacted Higurashi and TheSonicAlicorn from the other forums and Sonic said she will come when she can but still no response from Higurashi, he hasn't even read the message. So I fear we might need a new Mod for Everfree

And Lastly since Siver's OC will be in the Inquisition meaning he is in Moon and Star, we will have the most players in our House. Therefore I announce, as head of Moon and Star, that the house is closed until other houses, (especially Everfree) gain more members. 

EDIT: @@MagicalStarRain,  I see you already read this but I forgot to address something about you... You have three OC's Scholar rule is two OC's, unless he allows you to have three... I suggest until then you think about who you might have to not play as.

EDIT2: @, You are 'supposedly' our Moderator/Storyteller for The Cult of Laughter. You haven't really posted here so I was wondering if you actually wanted to submit an OC or if you were fine with just controlling the characters of The Cult.

EDIT3: @,  Did you wish for me to check out Blueprint? I'm not sure if you want to submit him or not...

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Thank you for this list Anonbrony, I will look over each of the characters. Also I should note that Spell Shock will actually be a member of the Guardians not factionless. My character Stardream (I need to get a bio together for her) will be determinedly factionless and Golden Dawn is a member of the Guardians.

Thank you for this list Anonbrony, I will look over each of the characters. Also I should note that Spell Shock will actually be a member of the Guardians not factionless. My character Stardream (I need to get a bio together for her) will be determinedly factionless and Golden Dawn is a member of the Guardians.

1-ani-edgeworth-bow.gif

You are welcome Scholar. No problem at all (though this did take me over an Hour...) I made the changes to the list.

EDIT3: @,  Did you wish for me to check out Blueprint? I'm not sure if you want to submit him or not...

I'm not quite done yet, though I will be applying it as soon as possible. Just need to add the side story focused on the roleplay, since she is a multiple RP OC.

No problem for me, good sir.

Just something that only recently came to mind, but are there any current Equestria Divided threads that us new guys can join onto, or is this a make your own sort of deal?

What do you mean? Separate threads? This is where you sign up and join like any other sign-up thread and will turn into our OOC. Though we have been having many conversations here.

What do you mean? Separate threads? This is where you sign up and join like any other sign-up thread and will turn into our OOC. Though we have been having many conversations here.

Oh no, I meant more along the lines of 'Where are the IC threads themselves'. I know this is the place we sign up, but where do we go from here?

That's honestly a bit unrealistic when I think of it...a war raging on for more than thirty years because of some conflict. Generally wars don't last for more than fifteen years because of economical and political issues, and a country can easily go into debt if they don't manage their money well during wartime. There are very few exceptions to this. And I think this should especially go for the MLP universe, since they definitely have currency. 

Eventually if they keep fighting, they'll slowly deplete their resources and military force if not handled wisely, the morale of troops will go down as the war rages on, ponies will grow tired of fighting and military rule, and worst case scenario, they're going to start yet another war at the same time, further worsening the issue. It would be extremely difficult to keep the military in shape if they fight for too long, which is why wars should be finished as quickly as possible. 

As Robert E. Lee said, "it is well that war is so terrible – lest we grow too fond of it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Years'_War

Yes, I realise it's not exactly a continuous example but now that I think about it it applies pretty well to the current situation. After all, not everyone can fight everyone at the same time in this setting, right? There are moments of peace, albeit small ones.

I'm pretty sure most of the Houses don't rely on economies to fund their armies due to conscription and slavery and such:

Moon & Star - Can conscript slaves and rely on religious fervour to keep line troops going.

Earthborn - Entire House is geared towards wartime and there is a huge propaganda machine convincing people to volunteer. There is probably an element of conscription too, since Earthborn has the largest army (think USSR-style wall of troops.)

Stormwing - Civic pride motivates pegasi, methinks, since they're meant to resemble Greek states.

Everfree - Military service is voluntary, at least I think so.

Whitegold - Probably the House that relies on money the most, not sure how they'd support an extensive military, especially since they're just one city.

Cult of Laughter - Mad ponies, they just fight for funsies.

So I'm finished. Here's the app: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/blueprint-r4673

I intended for her to be Prussian, but I wanted to obey some canon and omit that off for the RP. And yes, I made up another town, which is Bridleshire; it was meant for other RPs, not this one. For the Equestria Divided universe. That place is technically the Crossroads, which is the closest place to my presumed location, that is, if the map was to scale.

Blueprint is technically the "almost" sane and misguided neutral good.