Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

It turns out fans don't hate sentry

FNGRpony

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/10/poll-results-should-pony-version-of.html#idc-container

You know, i don't hate sentry.

and yes I'm sure this would make the wicked witch of the west aka Lauren faust turn in her grave and make her toes curl up as far as mlp is concerned,

oh wait that's already happened,

So i don't see the hang up?

I think i'd like to see twilight OCD meets bf.

I mean calm down bronies,

there is no guy alive, that could put up with twilight sparkle for well more than an episode (LOL).  Yes he was terrible in the movie but lets be fair.

Everyone was terrible in that movie.  I mean cept trixie.  Till this day I have no idea why it's epic she got penut butter crackers.

I remember bsing with a friend in chat who went "OH my God did you see trixie buying crackers!"
"OH God it was awesome!......Why?"
"Why what?"
"Why did that seem so epic?"

"It's trixie your mind knows something special is happening."

I actually didn't hate Equestria Girls. 5/10, IMO.

Now, Brad's role in that movie may have been relegated to cheap plot convenience, but I feel that the show itself can do a lot more with him. I like the idea of Twilight getting a romantic interest, and I think that the alternate universe version of a man she met in the human world would have and interesting dynamic to it. She would already know him, but he wouldn't know her. It would make things a lot more interesting than if she were to just fall in love with some bloke from Ponyville.

• Brohoof 2

I didn't hate Equistra girls either.

I think it seems odd the whole main cast are confirmed bachelor etes.  None of them are going to date.  Ever.To quote sweetie bell " oh COME ON!"

I mean rarity already gave it a go.

I level with you %75. Now I can't talk I'm more antisocial face to face than anyone I know, but everyone does see how she treats spike? She really is only in the world for herself and the princess, which kind-a catch 22's back to her, for her need to accomplish. 

BUT that being said, her personality changed around him, she became calmer, in a sense, and I think that a sturdy solid thing in her life is JUST what she needs. 

Most fans don't seem to hate him as virulently as a few people I have heard on here and other places but though there are some people that do like him most people seem to be in the middle. Yeah he was put in to the be the token cute boy for Twilight to go gaga over but he could be a bit more than that but whether he shows up again or not is really of no concern to me.

I think that some of it might come from people like me who don't really care for Flash Sentry, but acknowledge that now that he's been introduced he shouldn't just drop off of the face of the earth.  I guess that I don't hate Flash, but I didn't see him as a necessary element.  In any case, I personally feel that if the writers made a decision to introduce this new and fairly important character, then they should stick with it and keep him as a fairly important character.  Who knows, maybe he'll eventually grow on me?

I never got why people hated Flash Sentry AKA BRAD ( I also never understood how he got that name) I personally wish he would become more of a mane character It would really lead to some more adorkable Twilight moments

• Brohoof 1

I never got why people hated Flash Sentry AKA BRAD ( I also never understood how he got that name) I personally wish he would become more of a mane character It would really lead to some more adorkable Twilight moments

I never understood either. I guess it's kinda like the parent mechanism. We have all seen Twilight grow and we have become protective over her. And honest to god, if Sentry hurts Twi, I will find a way to climb through my screen and make the first faceless pony. 

• Brohoof 2

I didn't hate Equistra girls either.

I think it seems odd the whole main cast are confirmed bachelor etes.  None of them are going to date.  Ever.To quote sweetie bell " oh COME ON!"

I mean rarity already gave it a go

The whole problem with them dating, I mean serious dating not just one episode fling, is that it would change the dynamic of the show. Not to the extent of Twilicorn, granted, but isn't the reason we love the show because they mostly shy away from girly stereotypes? We already have one married side-couple. If you look at Twilight interacting with Flash Sentry, blushing and being shy, it's not what I want to the show to revolve around. If you'll notice they made a deliberate decision to NOT show any of the Mane 6 sans Twilight in the Valentines day episode, which leaves it open whether they play the field on their free days but it's just not shown.

Edited by Never2muchpinkie
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I never understood either. I guess it's kinda like the parent mechanism. We have all seen Twilight grow and we have become protective over her. And honest to god, if Sentry hurts Twi, I will find a way to climb through my screen and make the first faceless pony.

Tut, no ones aloud to hurt twilight sparkle accept twilight sparkle,

and pinkie occasional.   If anything i'd expect twilight to hurt "brad."

The whole problem with them dating, I mean serious dating not just one episode fling, is that it would change the dynamic of the show. Not to the extent of Twilicorn, granted, but isn't the reason we love the show because they mostly shy away from girly stereotypes? We already have one married side-couple. If you look at Twilight interacting with Flash Sentry, blushing and being shy, it's not what I want to the show to revolve around. If you'll notice they made a deliberate decision to NOT show any of the Mane 6 sand Twilight in the Valentines day episode, which leaves it open whether they play the field on their free days but it's just not shown.

You know a woman can be smart, yada, yada, and still blush and be a little love sick LOL.

The shows about slice of life problems.

Well love is a slice of life.

it's thee slice of life.  you can't tell me "the shows not about action." it's a girlie cartoon

and than go "well it's not the kind of show to have hum drum problems like dating what do you think this is some little girls cartoon?"

Edited by ~Opportunistic Arty~

This is why I love vocal minorities. Whether you pay attention to them or not, you start to lose sight of what the most generally accepted opinion really is. I'm at least glad to know that there are more fans who love Flash than fans who hate him.

• Brohoof 1

This is why I love vocal minorities. Whether you pay attention to them or not, you start to lose sight of what the most generally accepted opinion really is. I'm at least glad to know that there are more fans who love Flash than fans who hate him.

Woah, woah, woah there sugar cube LOL.

I like Sentry.  Kinda like how I might like drinking a Coke.

You just made him go from coke to cherry coke (I love cherry coke), lets slow that roll.

From this thread i heard people say "I don't mind, i like."

love is a bit strong.

Look I can say I love gummy cause well he's earned it. .......okay that's a bad example (LOL)

I can say I love discord.

I can say I love trixie.

Flash has to earn a spot past like LOL.

Woah, woah, woah there sugar cube LOL.

I like Sentry.  Kinda like how I might like drinking a Coke.

You just made him go from coke to cherry coke (I love cherry coke), lets slow that roll.

From this thread i heard people say "I don't mind, i like."

love is a bit strong.

Look I can say I love gummy cause well he's earned it. .......okay that's a bad example (LOL)

I can say I love discord.

I can say I love trixie.

Flash has to earn a spot past like LOL.

I wasn't referring to you, treat beloved by equine-creatures. :P I wasn't even referring to the people in this thread specifically. I was just stating my opinion based on what I knew from the poll.

I don't exactly hate Flash Sentry, but I feel that he wasn't needed in the movie at all. There were some scenes in the movie where he could have played a huge role, but instead he was just someone for Twilight to like. People hate him for his bland personality, which is what puts people off but not in a good way.

• Brohoof 1

People still care about this character? Really? Okay, it's time too move on people he's not going too be in season 4 deal with it.

Dose the 42% that voted no not count as part of the fandom? I hate to tell you this but this poll clearly does not count for the whole fandom like you seem to believe. It's the Texan's fan hate all over again, why me?

I can't take an online poll seriously these have about as much credibility as a online petition, not very much. There are too many factors that you aren't accounting for like you have too account for people that didn't vote, like myself, the people that don't go to ED on a regular basis, the troll votes that people in the comments admitted too doing.

• Brohoof 1

People still care about this character? Really? Okay, it's time too move on people he's not going too be in season 4 deal with it.

Dose the 42% that voted no not count as part of the fandom? I hate to tell you this but this poll clearly does not count for the whole fandom like you seem to believe. It's the Texan's fan hate all over again, why me?

I can't take an online poll seriously these have about as much credibility as a online petition, not very much. There are too many factors that you aren't accounting for like you have too account for people that didn't vote, like myself, the people that don't go to ED on a regular basis, the troll votes that people in the comments admitted too doing.

it's not happening, 

but keep in mind as picky as bronies are

don't act like it's surprising.

the person who did the pole himself said he was shocked.

The whole problem with them dating, I mean serious dating not just one episode fling, is that it would change the dynamic of the show. Not to the extent of Twilicorn, granted, but isn't the reason we love the show because they mostly shy away from girly stereotypes? We already have one married side-couple. If you look at Twilight interacting with Flash Sentry, blushing and being shy, it's not what I want to the show to revolve around. If you'll notice they made a deliberate decision to NOT show any of the Mane 6 sand Twilight in the Valentines day episode, which leaves it open whether they play the field on their free days but it's just not shown.

This is something I don't understand honestly. I mean, sure, the original premise of the show is not revolving around 'relationships' but it does revolve around friendship and relationships are extensions of friendship. So personally, I would not mind at all if a character like Twilight got a relationship like this mainly because we have seen relationships like this already with other characters, though not mane 6 but still. Also, Twilight blushing and being shy kinda ties into her adorkable nature honestly. She has grown and become more social but she has no experience with any kind of relationship like that so...I don't know, I don't think it is out of the question. Also, 'changing the dynamic of the show' just doesn't bother me at this point, I want to see change, I want to see advancement. If the show itself has to be shaken up a bit to do that, then if they can make it work, then I say go for it.

Original topic; Flash is a character I am conflicted on but liked in the end. Yes, he is generic in many ways and yes, he was handled a bit poorly in Equestria Girls (which I loved as a whole by the way) but I still feel like he had potential beyond that and that is why I like him or at least not hate him at all. Personally I think him and Twilight being together would be cute but that is just my opinion. Her brother can have a love life so I see no problem with Twilight gaining that at some point. Again, just my opinion. I would love to see him in Equestria to see how he could be handled there. I know that none of that will happen with Sentry thanks to confirmation of him not being in season 4 and I will admit that disappoints me a bit but it is what it is.

Edited by Kyoshi

I actually can't see why folks would hate Flash Sentry. Just because he is part of a very controversial and unpopular movie, at least from what I can tell, doesn't mean that he himself is a bad character, let alone one worth hating.

From his overall character profile he seems like a nice guy (stallion I suppose), but of course my opinion's limited like many from what we saw or didn't see by not watching the movie. I mean its not like he's a poorly designed villain that was quickly reformed acting as the main antagonist of Equestria Girls and as a tool for the show's often overly dumbed down moral narratives. Also its not like he's a cheap wannabe rival of Twilight. *cough Sunset*

Just proves the point that you have to give stuff a chance. If they do have considerable popularity, then there must be some appeal for them, not that I would advocate appealing to popularity. Heck I may even decide to listen to Justin Bieber one  of these days.

Kidding on that last one, I'd rather endure 24 hours of nonstop waterboarding than that garbage.

it's not happening, 

but keep in mind as picky as bronies are

don't act like it's surprising.

the person who did the pole himself said he was shocked.

What? I don't understand what your saying. I know it's not happening I think that was obvious after the movie came out. Bronies are picky okay so what dose that have too do with anything? What am I supposed to find not surprising?

I personally really enjoyed Equestria Girls, flaws and all, and was okay with Flash's existence. Sure, he was pointless, misplaced, and had so little time to develop a personality, but he was a character and an extra bit of development for Twilight to grow off of. I'm not saying he was a great addition. Or even that he was a decent character. But those who hate him do need to calm down. I must say, I'm glad there are those that are okay with having him around, because further inclusion of him in the show WOULD be interesting.

Plain and simple, he's here, and he needs more. Even if he doesn't get it, he happened.

What? I don't understand what your saying. I know it's not happening I think that was obvious after the movie came out. Bronies are picky okay so what dose that have too do with anything? What am I supposed to find not surprising?

I made the post to try and meet you half way, as you seemed dead set against it.  you still seem like your spoiling for some kind of confrontation, not sure what we'd be arguing about.

I'm suggesting that a very difficult fan base didn't meet his character with hate and scorn,

wether that's by hook or crook.  it still stands. 

A fair amount of people in this thread, critics, have straight up said they don't hate sentry.

True or false?

My compromise to you is "your not gonna see him again"

but I think even judging by just this thread there's a pretty diverse reaction.

I think he could got a second chance.  If you feel that's me trolling you,

i'm not so sudel. 

I don't mind pushing unpopular opinions.

if you don't like fine by me.

I made the post to try and meet you half way, as you seemed dead set against it.  you still seem like your spoiling for some kind of confrontation, not sure what we'd be arguing about.

I'm not planning on getting into an argument I'm an aggressive typer I've always that way I come off as a jackass but I'm not trying to be, I just didn't understand your responds it made no sense too me. That's really all there's no deep meaning in what I said. Your comment went over my head and I wanted too to elaborate on it nothing more nothing less.

I'm not planning on getting into an argument I'm an aggressive typer I've always that way I come off as a jackass but I'm not trying to be, I just didn't understand your responds it made no sense too me. That's really all there's no deep meaning in what I said. Your comment went over my head and I wanted too to elaborate on it nothing more nothing less.

"well scuse me princess." (lol sorry i hope you get the joke)

i hope i explained  and there's no hard feelings.

the bottom line is, you win.  your not going to see sentry at least in this season.

I think it's a shame,

I could be wrong,

I've been wrong,

I'd like to see something salvaged from EG vs just throwing it in a hole and acting like it didn't happen,

there both bad options (bury or salvage)

but it's a bad situation yes? 

Feels like one of those Escapist episodes "No right answer."

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/10/poll-results-should-pony-version-of.html#idc-container

and yes I'm sure this would make the wicked witch of the west aka Lauren faust turn in her grave and make her toes curl up as far as mlp is concerned,

there is no guy alive, that could put up with twilight sparkle for well more than an episode (LOL).  Yes he was terrible in the movie but lets be fair.

Everyone was terrible in that movie.  I mean cept trixie.  Till this day I have no idea why it's epic she got penut butter crackers.

I remember bsing with a friend in chat who went "OH my God did you see trixie buying crackers!"

"Why what?"

"Why what?"

First of all, I don't understand the Lauren Faust hate-as we wouldn't even have Friendship is Magic without her.

Secondly, she's not dead and I am unsure as to why you would believe as such with the whole 'turning in her grave' comment.

And finally, not everyone likes or hates Flash's Sentry character, there are those who are actually indifferent because they either found him boring or he had no impact of them, leading them to have no strong feelings about him whatsoever.

full.png

Shinging Armor: "We need to have a talk, Lieutenant."

Twilight Sparkle: "Shut up, Shining.  I don't need you to screw this up for me."

I couldn't resist. yay.png

Flash isn't to bad.  The problem is that he completely meaningless in Equestria Girls.