Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on Spike x Rarity (Sparity)

Discolt

I have a lot to say about this!!

Ok, here it goes (please, be patient with my english... I'm still learning ^^ )

Spike, at the moment, have bad chances. Why?

Age is the main problem. I mean, how old is he? 12? 13? Yes, he can actually grow up in a day, but... I don't know. He's still a boy. Maybe in some years, age won't be a problem; Rarity can't be more than 18-19 years old, at least in my mind (she's younger than Applejack and maybe Fluttershy). In ten years, Rarity will be 29 and Spike 23. That's ok for me. Imagine that, maybe, he is not that young. Maybe dragons are adults when they are about 2-3 (because of greed). But they are adults at that age. Spike mind is not too far from the main 6, in some situacions he's even more mature than some of them. In some, he really looks like a kid.

Dragon-Pony is fine! I mean, I've seen LOTS of similar examples (Roger Rabbits, for example, the Dragon and Donkey... and even more if I think a little), and I don't see this as a problem.

Rarity: She thinks about him as a child. She looked maternal for me in Dragon Quest, not in love. But their relashionship is better now, yes. She wasn't so kind with him before. She was really worry for him, even more than Twilight! At the end A Canterlot Wedding, she wasn't dancing with him.

And that's what I'm afraid of. Spike was dancing with Sweetiebelle. Ugh. I didn't like that!

I do believe that, since most of the fans like this couple, writers will find some way of giving us a smile. They really look up to fans, and that's giving me hope. I read that he's an underdog. He is, and in most of the times underdogs win.

If writers want Sparity, they will find a way. It's curious, in some way, that they have so many things in common!

- Love gems.

- Generosity - Greed

- Idea of romance

- Both are smart

- Both have class (Spike lived most of his life in Canterlot!)

I want to see if this continues on season 3.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

post-3032-0-48266600-1338965900_thumb.png

I've always seen Spike and Rarity like a fairy tale. In real life he wouldn't have a chance but in fiction, the underdog always wins. Thinking he doesn't have a chance is like thinking Cinderella doesn't have a chance with the Prince because she's a poor servant girl and is not royalty.

Since SomE, the writers made them look like Beauty and the Beast. Spike needs Rarity, the element of generosity, to save him from the natural greed of his species or else he'll turn into a dangerous monster and can no longer live among the ponies.

Sure, he's small and tiny now but its canon that Spike's body has magical growing powers as a dragon. If greed turned him into an ugly monster, I'd like to think that generosity could turn him into a magnificent creature. A one of a kind dragon who matured from a treasure hoard not made of gems or gold but instead is made up of his friends and that unicorn he likes so much.

Why would you deny Spike of a happy ending?

Edited by hironakamura
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I would love to see them together. But I want to think about everything that can happen.

- Have you seen Adventure time? Finn's first love was princess Bubblegum, but now is princess Flame. Maybe we are going to see something similar with Spike? That is not nice, since they gave us an amazing episode of Sparity... but in Adventure time, they gave us episodes about Finn-Bubblegum (even Fiona with the Prince.

- Spike can grow up in one day, but... it's a cartoon. The Fun about cartoons is that characters never (or most of the times) change. Maybe in a future episode... something like "Yeap, I'm adult Spike and this is my wife Rarity!". So we know that they will end up together, but we are not going to know how. (That's Fanfiction work, right?) Here's another example: Fry and Leela, from Futurama. They had a lot of romantic-episodes, but they never end up together. Can't be Sparity something like that?

-About Beauty and the Beast, I totally agree! Yes, there are too many coincidences. You can't ignore them, as I said in my last post. They have a lot of things in common.

-Note: My little cousing, that is 5 years old, said that she want to see them together after watching the episode (in english, right, but I translated it to her ^_^). My other cousing, 11 years old, told me the same. Kids loves sparity!! (Well, my cousins at least :D )

-I don't expect to see them together right now, maybe in some future seasons (if there are any).

Conclusion:

I love Sparity, but I'm still confused about it's future. They have a lot of common, and the main problem is aging. (And as I said, Spike will not grow up in a day and keep his "age", because it's a cartoon).

But yeap, Spike deserves a happy ending. He's one of my two favorite characters. So, why not?

Edited by Rinikka

That would most likely pose Rarity as a pedophile, and she see's him more as an adorable young baby brother than a love interest. I believe Rarity is more into the older, mature gentleman type.

I'm sure Spike will grow out of his Rarity phase someday as he grows.

That would most likely pose Rarity as a pedophile, and she see's him more as an adorable young baby brother than a love interest. I believe Rarity is more into the older, mature gentleman type.

I'm sure Spike will grow out of his Rarity phase someday as he grows.

Not so sure about that. I mean, if you are about to die, you should really love the other person -or Pony in this case- to tell him/her your feelings. I would be shouting, crying and saying I DONT WANT TO DIEEE.

That was, also, pretty mature. A normal kid wouldn't did that.

Has anyone seen Adventure Time? The protagonist, Finn the human, is often ship-teased with various female characters that are older than him. He is only 13 but the writers portray his love interest from a character named Princess Bubblegum who is canonically mentioned as being 18 and is a living bubble gum person. Finn has also been ship-teased with Marcelline the Vampire who is at least a thousand years old and Susan Strong who is an adult human.

Uhhh.. Finn is 14 now...

Plus, I always thought that Susan was Finn's mom-never for a second a shipmate. I mean, they both have so much in common-their hair, their strength, their intelligence... And let's not forget the hats-Finn was found with that hat, so that means he was most likely raised with the Hyoomans until he got lost. And all people who like Finnceline are retards!!! (don't report that-it's not offensive anymore because retarded has lost it's status as a medical term.)

Sweetie Bell's a better match for Spike.

While I don't agree with that personally, it is definitely more likey in terms canon-ness. Does any remember those pictures they showed at the end of the season two finale? Remember how one showed Spike dancing with Sweetie Belle and another showed Rarity leaning against this rich-looking guy?

While I don't agree with that personally, it is definitely more likey in terms canon-ness. Does any remember those pictures they showed at the end of the season two finale? Remember how one showed Spike dancing with Sweetie Belle and another showed Rarity leaning against this rich-looking guy?

Yes, I do! And that's why I'm afraid! The other chance is that Spike will go for Sweetie Belle instead of Rarity. Sad, but an option...

Yes, I do! And that's why I'm afraid! The other chance is that Spike will go for Sweetie Belle instead of Rarity. Sad, but an option...

Do you think that was intentional? I mean, like that was their little "message" to us saying "Uh, you seriously think Spike and Rarity should be together? Gross. How 'bout this, then?" ? It seems quite of a big coincidence, but then again that could be our overactive fanbrains trying to hard to find some sort of hidden message in something that has none...

Do you think that was intentional? I mean, like that was their little "message" to us saying "Uh, you seriously think Spike and Rarity should be together? Gross. How 'bout this, then?" ? It seems quite of a big coincidence, but then again that could be our overactive fanbrains trying to hard to find some sort of hidden message in something that has none...

Yap, right. Maybe we'r overthinking this.

For my cousings (both watch MLP with me on youtube), they will end up togheter (Rarity and Spike), and they'r only 5 and 11. They wouldn't do episodes like SomE, and then put Spike and Sweetie Bell together.

Yap, right. Maybe we'r overthinking this.

For my cousings (both watch MLP with me on youtube), they will end up togheter (Rarity and Spike), and they'r only 5 and 11. They wouldn't do episodes like SomE, and then put Spike and Sweetie Bell together.

Yeah, probably not. Say, does anyone know if somebody that works on the show has anything about this? (SpikexRarity)

Eh, I can't really see Spike and Rarity happening. Rarity just doesn't seem interested in anybody other than another pony. Maybe she's racist? It would certainly fit in with her drama queen thing.

and then put Spike and Sweetie Bell together.

I think it had more to do with wedding traditions. Spike was the ring bearer while Sweetie Belle was one of the flower girls. Its wedding tradition for ring bearer to dance with flower girl. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were flower girls too and we didn't see it but Spike may have danced with both of them too.

If the writers wanted Spike and Sweetie Belle, they would have given them an episode together or at least an episode dedicated to the idea instead of a 2 second shot.

Someone also commented somewhere about the picture of Rarity and Fancypants. They said that based on Fancypants' pose, he was merely introducing Rarity to other unicorn elite that could be potential clients as Fancypants himself is also one of Rarity's many Canterlot clients like Hoity Toity.

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be fascinating to see what would happen, as some of the above commenters have mentioned, there are currently a lot of problems that would keep them apart. Rarity seems more infatuated with spike, as if he is just another gem in her collection (well she pretty much views everypony like this, well at least at first glance). However, this might change over the years. How will spike age, will his hunger for "things" grow, or will he be able to contain the urge. If in fact he is able to keep himself together, he might have a chance with Rarity, it just depends on how Rarity and Spike evolve. Will Rarity continue looking for that rich, successful pony or will she see spike a possible suitor. Further, will Spike's crush on Rarity turn into an obsession, like when tried to hoard all of ponyville's "things." Unfortunately, there are too many factors to account for, so maybe Spike and Rarity will end up together and maybe they won't.

Abaddon.

I think it had more to do with wedding traditions. Spike was the ring bearer while Sweetie Belle was one of the flower girls. Its wedding tradition for ring bearer to dance with flower girl. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were flower girls too and we didn't see it but Spike may have danced with both of them too.

If the writers wanted Spike and Sweetie Belle, they would have given them an episode together or at least an episode dedicated to the idea instead of a 2 second shot.

Someone also commented somewhere about the picture of Rarity and Fancypants. They said that based on Fancypants' pose, he was merely introducing Rarity to other unicorn elite that could be potential clients as Fancypants himself is also one of Rarity's many Canterlot clients like Hoity Toity.

Yeah, that make sense. But if they really want Sparity the would put them together dancing -Or maybe not, because any main character is dancing with another... (?-

Realistically I don't suppose it would be possible. Spike has a thing for Rarity. We can all see this, but it may all just be a phase you know? Rarity might like having him around because he makes her feel wanted and appreciated, and I think she really does like him, but not in that way. It's kinda like the gorgeous women who has the guy friend that she knows likes her, but she just likes him as a friend. She knows that flat out rejecting him will just hurt him, and she doesn't want to do that. Though his admiration of her allows her to feel special, and she wants this feeling to never leave her. The guy doesn't want to tell her his feelings because he is worried that she will reject them and they won't be friends anymore. So he keeps his words to himself. In this way both people are stuck in limbo, and unable to move forward. I am sure that Spike may be infatuated now, but I think it will change and evolve into other things as he progresses down the road. With any luck, he and Rarity will still be friends.

I think the chances are good. Personally, I think Spike + Rarity is the way it should be. I don't care about age differences or stuff like that, it's just what I think should happen. Same with Pinkie Pie + Rainbow Dash.

(edited)

Chances with Rarity Now...

Yes 35% : 65% No

Since Rarity showed a little sense of "love" for Spike in "Secret to my Excess"

Chances with Sweetie Belle Now...

Yes 10% : 90% No

She doesn't really seem that into romance yet so I doubt it.

Chances with Rarity 3-5 years from now...

Yes 40% : 60% No

Spike might grow more on Rarity but if age was a problem before it might still effect her feelings.

Chances with Sweetie Belle 3-5 years from now...

Yes 85% : 15% No

Why the huge increase? Because of age for one thing. As far as I can tell Sweetie Belle and Spike are much closer in age than SpikexRarity. That combined with how at the end of Season 2 Spike was seen dancing with Sweetie Belle instead of Rarity, Twilight, or another CMC member. Sure that may have just been a friendly dance at first but that showed just a tad bit of how Spike and Sweetie Belle are friends. In fact, I could totally see Spike liking Sweetie Belle more due to her less prim and proper attitude, similar looks, and different hobbies compared to Rarity. They're personalities seem to blend somewhat nicely as well though I don't feel like going into detail on that for now... (maybe later x3) Anyways, that's what I think would happen if Spike had a marefriend or how likely it would happen with Rarity or Sweetie Belle.

Edited by Twinight125

ahem!

Rarity is not a donkey, she is a unicorn. And in fantasy worlds where dragons exist, unicorns almost always exist along side them and reverse. Dragon and Unicorn together is a familiar fantasy theme almost as similar to fables about a Fox and a Hare.

post-3032-0-02635200-1339167676_thumb.pngpost-3032-0-10434900-1339167696_thumb.jpgpost-3032-0-80256400-1339167712_thumb.jpgpost-3032-0-76800000-1339167723_thumb.jpgpost-3032-0-45830800-1339167743_thumb.jpg