Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Vinyl Got a Speaking Role...

BrilliantVenture

I'm a little torn on this one...because I believe both voices fit the character...

Who would you choose to voice act Ms. Scratch, if she ever got a short speaking role in an episode?

Jessi Nowack

[media]

[\media]

Or

Rina-Chan

[media]

[\media]

Or perhaps someone else?...what do you picture the official Vinyl voice as sounding like...

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I would choose Nowack for the speaking roll. Nowack's voice has that edgy, almost tom-boy'ish tone to it that I believe would fit Vinyl's charater personality. Don't get me wrong. I do like Rina-Chan's voice, but I feel from what I heard from the video you showed, that her voice is a bit to feminine to fit properly.

"Boo! More Lasers!"

"There is only...one problem. She cleans them with... Wubs." *sighs & facehoofs*

I prefer Jessi Nowack to voice Vinyl, it has the right amount of tomboyishness (f-u spell checker, its a word now).

On another note, whoever voiced Discord in this is pretty good too.

I'm more on the side of jessi's as well I guess...I think i'd be fine with either...but then again, Rina can basically play everypony in the show...(if you've seen that vid) so I would imagine her talent would be good other places other than vinyl too...I almost feel like, if there were a perfect balance of both it'd be perfect...like, tomboyish, but still on the feminine side...jessi's might be a bit over the top just a smidge...but then again I suppose that's all depending on how you see vinyl's personality...

• Brohoof 1

Definitely Nowak, or, at least to the liking of Nowack in regards to accent, pitch, and character. I think whoever made the "Musicians of Ponyville" video did an excellent job casting voice actors only using amatuer resources. 

I think Nowak did a really good job in that video, but she beams 'amatuer'. It could just be a lack of studio equipment and recording from afar. 

Then again, I think the voice of Octavia did much better than Nowak, using what I assume was similar limited resources. As for Rina-chan, she was clearly based off of Nowak. Plus Rina-chan had only brief segments of voice, all whilst mired in a dubstep song. There's nothing to observe there!

So can I say neither? Hahah. 

I think the ideal voice for vinyl would be a creative, west-US (think Hollywood, because she's a DJ), low-pitched accent, predominantly feminine in audibility, yet acutely masculine in character. AKA - California tomboy. 

• Brohoof 1

Jessie Nowack, after listening to the audio drama adaption of 'The Vinyl Scratch Tapes' fanfic, and 'Epic Wub Time' hers is the voice that immediately comes to mind when I imagine Vinyl speaking.

Plus, it fits perfectly with Vinyl's personality.

I'm actually a little nervous about this, because the rumour going around is that Vinyl gets a singing role in Season 4, along with many other ponies. I don't doubt DHX's casting, but as TimeLordRainbowDash said, Nowack's voice is the voice I hear when I think of Vinyl Scratch, so I would only want a voice along the same lines, or Nowack herself (she is a voice actress by trade, albeit less well-known than others).

So, in short, if the rumours true, I would want Nowack, or somepony who has a voice of similar characterisation.

Jessi Nowack.  She seems to be the more fitting voice for the character.  I pictured Vinyl as having more of a tomboyish sound then rainbow dash, so Nowrack is the best choice.

I would choose Nowack for this. Her voice just really fits Vinyl's personality :D

I'm gonna voice Vinyl for a Doctor Whooves project soon and I do give her a tomboyish tone though slightly feminine I suppose :huh: 

Rina Chan sounds really nice for Vinyl. I mean her voice just sounds really mellow and relaxed, having that sort of personality I would expect a pony DJ like Vinyl Scratch to have. 

And Nowack really seems to make Vinyl sound more aggressively tomboyish and more "cool-like." If that makes sense. :P

Both of the voices really seem to pull off that kind of character I would imagine Vinyl Scratch to have, in their own unique ways.

However, my personal preference would ultimately lean towards Rina Chan.

Her voice for Vinyl Scratch just seems to have that relaxed, "chilled-back", and mellow kind of tone that I can easily imagine the pony displaying on the show. And overall, I believe Rina Chan, can give Vinyl Scratch a really unique personality, uniquely set apart from any other pony character on show.

I mean we already have Rainbow Dash as the aggressive tomboy. And then we have the wild, party-crazy, and bouncy Pinkie Pie. I think it would be interesting and nice to see Vinyl Scratch display a mellow, chill, and laid-back personality with the voice of Rina Chan.

I really love Nowack's impression for her too. But unlike the majority here, I just shamelessly prefer to see someone like Rina Chan voice Vinyl Scratch. :P

Hooray for minority opinion. :P

I have no regrets. xD

Nowacking said in a live interview that she would turn down a speaking role of Vinyl Scratch, since that would interfere with her other works. It's here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOPeNjPVxZI&feature=y%C2%ADoutu.be&t=43m17s.

Aw, that's disappointing, because she's the only voice I would picture as Vinyl Scratch. Maybe Hasbro could be nice and let her keep her right to parody?

Aw, that's disappointing, because she's the only voice I would picture as Vinyl Scratch. Maybe Hasbro could be nice and let her keep her right to parody?

Maybe if we were very lucky. But I still doubt it, especially since there is already a confirmed Vinyl speaking part in S4 and she hasn't said anything.

Maybe if we were very lucky. But I still doubt it, especially since there is already a confirmed Vinyl speaking part in S4 and she hasn't said anything.

Well, there is the factor of nondisclosures. Maybe as a trade-off to keeping parody right she's not allowed to talk about it? One can only hope. But if she isn't doing it, I hope they get somepony close to that quality of voice.

Well, there is the factor of nondisclosures. Maybe as a trade-off to keeping parody right she's not allowed to talk about it? One can only hope. But if she isn't doing it, I hope they get somepony close to that quality of voice.

As long as the voice fits the character adequately I'll be happy. But if it were Nowacking I would be ecstatic. But as you said, one can only hope.

Wow! I didn't know about the rumours/confirmations about vinyl in season 4! That makes me super nervous-cited!

I hope Jessi's just trolling us and took the role...but if not, I'm sure DHX will pick someone as equally talented...

(It'll still be weird not hearing Jessi's voice if she's not chosen)

Wow! I didn't know about the rumours/confirmations about vinyl in season 4! That makes me super nervous-cited!

I hope Jessi's just trolling us and took the role...but if not, I'm sure DHX will pick someone as equally talented...

(It'll still be weird not hearing Jessi's voice if she's not chosen)

Yeah, I agree. Like I said, I have faith in their casting. But just associations... Nowack is the voice I think of, so it'll be odd, like if one switches from a dubbed anime to a subbed anime.

With all the others, it'd be pretty weird for any of the voices to be different. Because of all the fan stuff people have done for characters like Vinyl and Octavia, it's hard to really see their voices in any other way.