Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mountain In The Forest

Feather Gem

@,

Blacklight's only warning was the glint of his attacker's armor as he was attacked, taken completely by surprise from his attacker ferocity as his sword was ripped forcible from his grasp and before he could react. He was phased though the mountain's walls, several rooms and halls flashing by him at incredible speed till they stopped at another cave where he was thrown to the floor, the breath knocked out of him. As he regained his breath, Blacklight heard a sharp metallic ting as his sword was driven into the stone floor, only it's amazing craftsmanship prevented it from shattering. Immediately quickly turned to see a grey unicorn stallion in steel armor standing above him and gave an involuntary gasp as he slowly recognized the stallion. Sombra...he thought as he quickly scanned his surroundings, evaluating his options, Humm....I can't reach anything I could use as a weapon exempt my sword, though he would kill me before I could disloge it....my best option right now is to keep him talking. At least till I can get close enough to something I can use as a weapon. Slowing getting back on his hooves he turned to Sombra and replied, " I'm guessing that pony over their didn't cooperate." as he gestured to the body of the other pony.       

Edited by Blacklight01

@@Gloomfury

Things were getting out of hoof, or more out of hoof than it was before. If this continued the way it did, Chrysalis may actually have to hug him. It wasn't that she hated him. She didn't hate him at all. She just had a reputation to keep as the best villain in Equestria, and even thinking of hugging a commoner as Gloom could bring that crashing down.

"look, Just Go to your room. You're drunk."

@,

While manifesting a door out of nothing more than imagination was great and all, Chamois would have rather talked about his color changing abilities, but she should at least stay focused.

Staring at the wall, she wondered if she should really be messing with reality.  Discord messed with reality, and now he was stuck in a mountain with crazies.  Then again, Chamois was already stuck in a small town house alone which was no better, so this couldn't really cause too much harm.

Discord made it sound incredibly magical and beautiful.  It made her feel like her heart had leapt inside her chest.  The feeling was unexplainable.  She could do it.  She could create something out of nothing.  She could paint a door on a wall and be able to open it to another room.  She could.

Believe.  Focus.

So she did exactly that.

@@Feather Gem,

Slowly - or at least, perhaps slowly... it was hard to tell when you had lived for three, or perhaps four thousand years - the air in front of the wall began to ripple and blur: as if a great heat were between them. An outline began to form in a shape that resembled a door of sorts - simple but passable, and certainly not anything to be disappointed with for a first attempt.

"You see?" He asked cheerily, motioning towards Chamois' creation. "There's so much potential: magic like this isn't evil... it just doesn't follow the rules. Whole worlds are hidden in the chaos - colours and places and secrets that... well that I don't think most of you ponies could even try to comprehend, let alone dream about..."

He trailed off with a wistful look before he snapped his attention back into place and smiled again at the unicorn - somehow now standing beside the hazy - yet most certainly real - doorway. She was talented, no doubt about that. Gifted even - should she choose to pursue the course.

There was the option to simply take control of her mind but... there was a type of appeal to the mare that he hadn't anticipated. Of course, he had always intended to find a student - not a slave. What he hadn't anticipated was how proud he had felt - not of himself, but of her. It might have just started as a little extra fun - a gimmick perhaps... but if he honestly asked himself, he would have said that he genuinely wanted the pony to succeed on her own... and come to as little harm as possible in the process.

'How odd. Perhaps I need a holiday?'

He shrugged to himself. There were thousands of other ponies with potential: it would just be a shame to lose this one. That was all no doubt...

"Ahem! Yes... but I think it would be best if we stick to what you need to know, yes? Wouldn't want anything bad to happen - I wont deny that it can if you aren't careful... but I'm sure I don't need to explain that to you do I? Go ahead - try it out..." He bowed slightly as he presented the door. "It might be a little unpredictable, but it will get you back into the mountain. I'll make sure you don't get lost... that would be just terrible."

@,

Gloom sniffed once or twice. "What would be the point? You're just gonna kill me anyway. And I'm not gonna stop you either. Not like I got anything to live for. The two most important beings in my life are dead. Sure I got some friends. But they ain't gonna are when I die." He then pulled out his knife and lightly cut his leg to test how sharp it is. "Or maybe I should just do it myself and get it over with."

@, Sombra walked around the dark cave, keeping his head facing the captive as he used his magic to forcibly raise the sword from the solid ground and brought it towards him.  "She did for awhile, but then she just stood and stared as I opened that door over there."  He pointed the blade of the magically gripped sword towards the closed door that stood under an archway in the cave walls, "She was fine up until there, she became un-responsive towards me and my patience wore very thin...so thin in fact, that at the very next second I utterly destroyed her very life!"  He once again thrust the finely-made blade into the stone ground, he sighed as he walked over to the pegasus, "I never used to be like this, I wish I was never like this."  he whispered to himself.

Edited by Midnight-Inferno

@@Gloomfury,

Now Chrysalis just facehoofed. There was no point arguing. with him, because he would either just continue to cry or slap her. She had the feeling that he would slap her at some point. What she needed to do was get him to calm down and then wait for the alcohol to pass. And if she had to do that then....

Chrysalis took a few steps closer. She wanted to make sure that he didn't lash out. "I'm not going to kill you and you're not going to kill yourself. Alright?There was a slight coldness in her tone. If she was too kind she would look weak. She just needed to get the knife out of his grasp.

@,

"Why not? A good deal of beings want me dead anyway. And I've done things that would make a mass murderer look like a saint. Someone like me don't deserve to live." He cuts a little deeper and draws a little more blood." I'm not a griffin, hell, I'm hardly a pony. I'm just a monster."

@@Gloomfury

Chrysalis was just irritated now. If she had to listen through anymore of this she would probably blow an artery. She went up, and tried to get the knife off him, obviously making sure he didn't try and get it back afterwards.

"Stop it, OK? Stop it. I'm sick of hearing this! If you weren't useful then I would've killed you already. But I haven't, because you're still mildly important. So shut up, go back to your cell and stop trying to make me pity you; because my head already hurts and you're not helping!"

Edited by Adventure Sphere

@,

Chamois squealed when she saw that it had worked...sort of worked at least.  She sprang forward and examined the 'door' with curiosity and wonder, almost to see if it was really there or not.

It didn't follow the rules, there were hidden worlds, colours, places, secrets...chaos was art.  Or perhaps it was art that was chaos.

For some reason, when she realized this, she squealed again.  She beamed up at Discord who was now by her creation.  At that point, every ounce of shyness that she had had earlier faded right away.

As he began to speak again, Chamois hastily stood up straight and relaxed her ears.  She didn't realize that she had her legs apart and her ears straight up in the air with the exhilaration her accomplishment gave, even if it may be quite small.

"O-okay," she said, stuttering as the embarrassment of reacting so happily and the nervousness set in at seeing what might be behind the door.

She trotted forward and paused to see if there was any kind of doorknob.  There wasn't, so Chamois took a deep breath and placed her hoof on the door.  After a quick glance at Discord for reassurance, she gave it a hard push and it swung open, banging into a wall in the other room as she peered inside.

@,

A demonic ora started to fume from him when she said those things. When she tried to take his knife away, he smacked her hoof away and pounced on her. Then her put his knife to her horn and his mouth near her neck while pinning her limbs. He looks at her with deep hollow eyes that could give death himself a cold chill down his spine. "You think I want you worthless pity? I want nothing from you. And like I said before: You have no chance of killing me. I could have killed you anytime I want." He  opens his mouth and lightly bits down on her throat with his sharp teeth, then stopped. " But I didn't. Because I like you. Oh, and if you try to kick me off I'll bite down on your throat and you'll choke on your own blood."

@@Gloomfury,

Chrysalis made a rather un-royal squeak. He then went and gave detail as to why she was wrong and how she should shut up. Which in all honesty made sense to her. The worst part about this was that he was deadly serious Which worried her. What worried her even more was that he was drunk.

"I Was just going to give you a hug!"

@,

"Bullshit. Why would a high and might queen hug a wretch like me? You made it sound like I was the most vilest thing ever when I asked you out. And you're right.  I'm nothing but a bastard and that's all I'll ever be. But I'll give you a free chance. That's more then I ever give anyone." He lets go of her and puts his knife in her hoof. He then sat down, turn his back to her and moves his mane to show the back of his neck. He points to it. "Stab me right here, it's where my brain is connected to my spinal cord. It'll kill me instantly. It's your choice. Kill me or let my live. Either way I don't care." He puts his head down and waits for her choice.

@@Gloomfury,

With the knife in her hoof, Chrysalis really did have the urge to stab him. It was really tempting. It would save her so much more time in the short term. But the short term wasn't good enough. So instead of stabbing him she put it down next to him and gave him a very very quick hug. Impossibly quick hug. She then walked off, to her room if she wasn't interrupted.

@

"Oh is that so? " Blacklight replied, a slight tone of anger in his voice due to Sombra killing a pony out of his impatience. He then glanced quickly at the closed wooden door then asked, his eyes showing a slight bit of curiosity, " So what's behind the door?" Though he took a step back as Sombra approached him, slipping into a passive defensive posture. Just keep him talking...he reminded himself as he keep his gaze on Sombra.   

- OOC -

Apologies, I thought I had posted this yesterday, it seems my currently bad internet connection ate the post though.

- IC -

The thought struck into him like a blade, Me? Similar to her? The first time in years, Shadow had lost his confidence and sheer stability of will. He looked down at his hoof, like one may look down upon their bloody work. No, I can't be the same as her, oh get a hold of yourself Shadow! Your cause is noble, you do not use the darkness sparingly like her.

Retreating from his thoughts, the black stallion realised the weakness he may be showing. Despite his slight inner turmoil, he stood confident as ever, not showing any sign of doubt. "Darkness is a tool to be used true, but it cannot go unchecked. Without light there would be no shadows, there is only balance."

Looking the princess of the night straight in the eyes, Shadow found himself untouched by fear, if only for now. "We both know you have a mind for order over chaos, regardless of what that order may be, so... You are not alone here, and a gathering of such powerful beings could be no coincidence."

Edited by Blissful Chaos

@,

Even though it was short, he could still feel a little bit of warmth come from the hug. And it gave him a small smile. He sheaths his knife, stands up and picking everything up. When he was done he head back to his cell. He walks in and closes the door behind him. He gets into bed and falls to sleep.

@,

The night princess kept that smirk on her face, immediately knowing that she had rattled him, at least a little. But still, he persisted; what delightful tenacity! This stallion would be an all too valuable asset to her if she could just shift his perspective a little...

She listened to him before she spoke. She first addressed his statement about the "gathering of powerful beings" in the mountain. The mare scoffed, "Please, as if it were my choice to be here with those fools. We all took refuge here, because individually, we are... though I am loathe to admit it... we are powerless against the Elements of Harmony. It is safe here, and that is the only reason I am here. I would go and challenge Celestia herself if I didn't know that that would be a suicide mission. Anyway, about that whole shadow and light thing..."

The ex-princess chuckled, as if amused. "You would think that, wouldn't you? It's only natural to assume that everything is perfectly balanced... But that is not quite the case here," she stated confidently. "Allow me to explain it like this."

She released the shadows that were under her control, and they retreated to their proper place. The hall was lit once more, mainly by the torches on the right wall. On the left wall, the shadows of Nightmare Moon and Shadow Flare swayed gently with the flickering of the torches' flames. Nightmare Moon spread her wings, and her shadow mimicked the action.

"Do you see our shadows there?" the dark alicorn said, knowing that he obviously did. "Those shadows are there because our physical forms are blocking the light. Shadows... are formed from the absence of light. There is darkness where there is no light." She tilted her head, her smile only growing. "Do you understand? There can be darkness without light, because darkness is the lack of light."

Edited by Miss Reaper

@, Sombra stopped a few feet away from the black coated pegasus, his stature and mood seeming to be more calm and relaxed. The the King did nothing, he simply sighed lightly and looked away from his captive, facing the dark wall of the cave as his eyes peer into the darkness, he could hear the lantern flame flicker as it slightly sways from side to side. Still staring into the shadows he has a very slight memory of what he used to be like; benign, silent, strong, sympathetic an admirable swordsman...good, and now he was none of those things and it infuriated him. Sombra then realizes that he had sort of spaced out, he then glances back to the pegasus and asks, "What is your name?" his voice its normal, deep self, not one of command.

(Plot twist incoming!)

@

Blacklight was surprised, though he didn't lower his guard as Sombra's outward appearance became more relaxed. He was sure it was some sort of trick to catch him by surprise. When Sombra turned his back to him, Blacklight decided to take advantage of the situation as he began slowly edging to his sword and as he was closing the final few feet until he heard Sombra suddenly ask for his name. Blacklight quickly turned to face Sombra, caught off guard not only to the request but by the tone of it as well as he replied surprised, " I-It's Blacklight."   

"Lack of light..." Those words wend deep into his mind, was she really right? Was he really doing the right thing? "That's true, but if there is no light at all, what is there?" His will was set upon the idea of balance, without forced conditioning there it would prove difficult for anyone to tell him otherwise, manipulating him towards a more evil outlook however...

"The night does not come with just darkness, the stars and the moon are what helps us to see it's real beauty," he was almost wary of even saying the word "moon," surely she would not mind? Then again, it was impossible to tell with someone such as Nightmare Moon herself.

"Darkness on it's own accomplishes nothing, but when combined with just a little light, there is nothing like it." He was starting to question this himself, Shadow had always preferred the dark over the light, but until now it had never been a problem. 

Edited by Blissful Chaos

@, "I see..."  Sombra slowly trotted pass BlackLight as he, once again, magically lifted the sword out of the ground and simply grit his teeth as the tyrant snapped the sword in two, like it was nothing.  Everything that he currently was, is not what he used to be.  This dark king he had become is not who he is, the real him was hidden within the trenches of eternity, lost in the currents of dream beneath the tides of time, lying broken in the cold, lifeless abyss known as his soul; but the darkness in his heart had taken his being by force, and it was excruciating for him to resist the urge of turning Black into his slave right then and there.  

Sombra threw the broken sword pieces aside and asked, "Do you know who I am?  Who I really am?"  his voice seemed to not change from its previous tone.

@

Something snapped inside of Blacklight as he saw Sombra snap his sword in two. The sword that had saw him though the battle of Canterlot, the worst of his travels...all this flashed though his mind as he slowly turned his head from the remains of his sword to Sombra. His glared at Sombra with unbridled rage as he responded, his voice containing a barely contained rage, " I know you are the enslaver of the Crystal Empire and an oppresser of freedom...it be too kind to label you a monster..."   

@,This...this is what the world know him as, and Sombra knew it well.  He growled low and deep before swiftly turning on a dime and slamming his hooves on the rocky surface, cracks clearly made from the force applied.  "WRONG!"  Sombra bellowed at the pegasus, his voice forceful enough to cause a small cave-in near the decayed corpse of the last pony he tried to convert, burying it completely with rocks, dust and a boulder.  "YES that is what I am known as, but it is NOT who I am!"  Sombras eyes were burning with endless rage at what BlackLight had said.  Sombra, though he was thought of as someone with endless lust for rage, power, and slavery, was nothing but a corrupted corpse of his old self.  "I was not always the heartless ruler that I am now, I once had friends, a home in the Crystal Empire, a life..."  Sombra then backed away a bit before circling the pegasus and speaking once more,

"But my thirst for knowledge led me down a dangerous path; the path of power, the path that led to me swimming in the filth of my own corruption!"  Sombra quickly turned punch his hoof against a nearby cave wall with enough force to rival a collapsing building.

@

Blacklight took a step back from the sheer force of Sombra's voice as he realized he had made a bad move in his anger as the cave rumbled slightly. He was also slightly awed by the sheer amount of force Sombra used as he punched one of the cave walls. He took a few moments, taking in the damage caused before responding, his rage mellowed, " So, you had a perfect life and you ruined it with your thirst for knowledge, but why didn't you use that knowledge you acquired to help your fellow ponies then enslave them?" As he spoke, Blacklight realized that if push came to shove, he would have almost no chance against Sombra.