Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mountain In The Forest

Feather Gem

@,

She had done it!  Not only had she turned the door a brilliant turquoise, but she had led it right to Canterlot Castle.

To think that she’d ever take a train!

Chamois laughed, clearly delighted that he found it to be as hilarious as she did.  She grinned at him and then at the door.

She might be able to impress some ponies with her art, but she'd never have anypony to show it to.  Everypony...everypony needed appreciation sometimes after accomplishing something that they were proud of.  Even the most modest ponies - not that Chamois was very modest - loved appreciation.

"As long as she doesn't send me to the moon, I'd love to see her reaction!" Chamois said, her voice filled with eagerness.

Tsk.  What was becoming of her?

@,The sudden attack on BlackLight made Sombra flinch a bit as the darkness seized the body, easily taking Black out of control by sheer force alone.  As it finished seething into his body he started to mutter something, gradually growing louder with each phrase.

" I-I...feel....I feel...I feel..."

"You feel what?!"  Sombra yelled, his concern for the pegasus thrown to the side, this is not the BlackLight he had captured...this was malevolence.  "What do you feel?  POWER?!  What do you want?!"

(Sorry this took a while to reply.)

Edited by Midnight-Inferno

@

Blacklight turned to Sombra and replied, " I feel so alive! " His voice taking on an almost demonic tone as he stared at Sombra, his eyes a bright green and trailing purple smoke. He slowly began striding to Sombra, each step sending vibrations thoughout his mind as he said, his tone a parent would use on an unruly child though as he continued, " Oh Sombra...I can't believe what you have become..." pausing briefly as he circled Sombra from afar as his tone turned harsher, "...you are only a shell of your former self, weak and pathetic, unfit to hold the title of king. Even this host, though not the best, will still serve my proposes far better than you ever could now you fool." He stopped and put his hoof under his chin, as if in thought, as he said, " However, before any of that there is still the small thing of tying up loose ends...so to speak." As he finish a sword smilar to the one Sombra had broken earlier appeared next to Blacklight, though wrapped in a dark black aura.  

Edited by Blacklight01

Shadow sighed out the last of his rage, "You were wronged, even more so than myself..." His morality was slowly turning to madness, not that he had never though this way before, just this time he had no books nor knowledge to occupy himself with. This time his thoughts were really getting to him.

"Tell me, have you ever thought of deceiving those... Blind followers of Celestia, they will take up the Elements if they see you, but if you were to take the Elements under the guise of another, or perhaps even have someone else dispose of them, one they do not suspect?" His mission had returned to his mind, the one that had been given earlier.

Where could those ponies I was sent here to retrieve be? Surely they're not gone, at least not all of them, and there are others besides Luna in this mountain, but who else could be giving off such powerful signals even by mere presence?

Edited by Blissful Chaos

@,Sombra took up his own Crystal Sword, wrapped with his own intense, red aura.  He thrust it into the ground and magically took off his red robe and crown and threw them to the side, leaving only his glistening silver armour to protect him, he snarled at the darkness.  He once again rose up his crystal sword in his magic, holding it in a defensive position as he braced himself against the ground for what will soon transpire.  "I see how it is...very well then.  HAVE AT THEE!"  yelled Sombra, the power in his voice loud and sturdy.  "You will ultimately fall, all evil does!"  he shouted as he charged forward, sword in his aura, ready to strike at a moments notice.  The battle of power has begun...

(Let's get this started!)

@

Blacklight just responded malicious grin, displaying two rows of razor sharp teeth as he said, " Oh how naive...I'm only the power you craved so long ago, a refection of what you really are...or how you were. Anyhow, enough talk, time to die." Then suddenly launched himself at Sombra, grabbing the sword in route as he used his wings to power his downward strike. Hopping to overwhelm him though sheer force. This will be over quickly. He thought as he closed the distance, picking up more power into his strike.       

@,'Oh no you don't.' thought Sombra as he did one quick and sudden stop and, with one swift motion, used the powerful muscles in his legs to vault himself over his opponent, the sword of the darkness missing by mere inches.  Suddenly Sombra shifted his weight downward and fell rapidly towards the ground, gravity taking its effect on him as it brought him downwards faster and faster until finally he smashed into the ground, his armoured hooves digging into the surface like it was nothing as a small crater formed from the force applied in the impact.  Sombra steadied himself once more and walked out of the hole he had made, then he started to swing his blade in a figure 8, slowly as first but rapidly gaining swiftness and speed, as he walked at a slow pace towards what he used to be, the edge of the blade constantly knackering the floor...no more will he become a victim of a mistake.

@

Blacklight tried to slow his descent at the last second though crashed into the ground, sending ripples throughout his mind as he recovered. Turning quickly, he carefully examined Sombra's technique before launching himself into the air and after steadily gaining some altitude, suddenly closed his wings and dived towards Sombra. Gaining speed, a small funnel of air could be seen mixed in with the aura from the sword in front of him as he dropped, sword first, on top of Sombra, one of the few weak spots he could see in his technique. 

@,Sombra, still spinning the sword in a figure 8 pattern, didn't notice the impending death from above until he heard the sound of wings snapping shut.  "Well, aren't you clever?" he muttered under his breath as Sombra lurched forward onto his fore hooves and reeling in his back hooves and, just before the darkness hit the ground, Sombra forced out his back hooves with great speed and power and felt it impact the shoulder of his opponent; the steel armour of Sombras back hooves adding insult to injury, causing even more pain then he intended.  

@

Blacklight was caught by compete surprise and was thrown a several feet landing away as a loud pop could be heard. Grunting in pain, he slowly got to his hooves, though was only able to walk on three; one of his forehooves laying uselessly at his side though his eyes showed nearly no emotion as he chraged again, using his wings to keep him off the ground as he attacked Sombra with a series of thrusts and slashes with unparalleled ferocity. " Your going to pay for that!" he shouted as he continued his attack, not giving an inch as he pressed forward, trying to find a weak spot in Sombra's armor.     

Edited by Blacklight01

@,Sombra faced his opponent and instantly their sword clashed against each other, the loud clangs of metal against crystal ringing outwards through the void of the mind.  'Such fire.'  Sombra thought as he continued to clash swords with the assaulting 'BlackLight', the two had been fighting for just a few minutes but it felt like a half-hour since this started.  Finally, Sombra noticed an attack that took a bit longer than the others and took the chance to bring the two swords together in a struggle, small flaming sparks flew from where the two blades had collided and were held. Sombra struggled to push the darkness back with all his might...this fight would take a while if he couldn't think of something.

@

Small beads of sweat began forming out of Blacklight as he pushed against Sombra, trying to free his blade. Thinking desperately, he began searching for any weaknesses he could exploite before his host body tired out. Finally coming up with a plan, he closed his wings and fell to the ground and preformed a leg sweep with his back hoof, knocking Sombra to his back. As he rose back up however he flinched slightly as he put weight on his useless forehoof, giving Sombra a chance as Blacklight rose his blade and preformed a downward strike, aiming directly for Sombra's head.   

@,Before he knew it, Sombra was flipped onto his back and just as he though he was going to die he noticed BlackLight's possessed body stumble a bit from the injury from earlier.  'Perfect!' he though as he rolled his body to the left and brought his sword up with him as Sombra quickly stood up on all fours and swiftly hurled the Crystal Sword from the grasp of magic at Blacks non-injured fore-hoof, sending the blade straight through the leg; nearly splitting the appendage in two.  Sombra then split the sword in half, brought it towards himself and morphed it back into one whole blade.  "You have had your hold on my for more years than I can remember.  I cannot recall a time where I wasn't filled to the brim with brutal hatred, my thoughts overflowing with the most horrid images of slavery I never want to see again."  Sombra started to stare intently at the figure before him, rage burning brightly in his eyes, "Let's finish what we have started!" He bellowed as he charged head on towards his opponent, sword ready to swipe at flesh at the ready.

(This is so fu***** awesome!)

@

Blacklight collapsed, no longer able to stand due to the lost of nearly both his forehooves. Still, as he lay there in a growing puddle of his own blood, he began to chuckle...slowly at first though growing into uncontrollable maniacal laughter with a hint of insanity as he sank into the ground. Appearing several yards away, his wounds fully healed as he bellowed, " You naive little fool...you forget something...This is my realm now!"Suddenly, the ground beneath Blacklight suddenly rose as ten copies of Blacklight surrounded Sombra. All shouted in unison, " You have no chance, prepare to die!  

((dun dun dun))

Edited by Blacklight01

@,Sombra was surprised when the clones surrounded him and shouted in unison his death sentence. He stopped in his tracks and took a look aground him, then he faced Black and said, "Really?!  Is that what you think?"  Shouted Sombra to BlackLight as he lit his horn and teleported over to where the cracks of the darkness had attempted to break out resided.  Raising his Crystal Sword and reversing his hold on it, he plunged the blade into the cracks, making them deeper and wider as more cracks formed a powerful wind started to blow throughout the mind of the possessed pegasus, creating a deafening howl as the wind whipped at Sombras hair, blowing it in all directions.  "THEN LET US BREAK OUT OF YOUR REALITY AND SEE JUST HOW WELL YOU DO IN THE REAL WORLD!!!"  Sombra hollered over the powerful gusts, he twisted his implanted sword and forced it to slice across the wall, creating one giant breach of the mind as the winds picked up in fierceness and sheer power before the clones vanished in black smoke and the two were ripped forcibly from the mind and into reality and back into the cavern.

(Last post of the night)

@,((Oh, I didn't know.))

"Oh really?" He puts his ear to the door. He could hear yelling and the strong sent of pulsing magic. "I think now would be a bad time to mess with Sombra. It seems like he in the middle of a fight or something. And if you try to get involve you might end up in the crossfire." He walks up to Chrysalis. "And I would hate it if you got hurt." He gave her a caring look with soft eyes.

@@Feather Gem,

"I assure you my dear, I wont allow anything to hurt you. We're just going to have a little fun: visit an old friend as they say."

He stepped back awkwardly, making a sweeping now as he motioned towards the now wide open door which opened directly into the throne room - an expression of delight on his face. Dear Celestia had always been so proud of her precious little protege 'Twilight Sparkle' and her 'Elements of Harmony'... Harmony! They didn't even know what harmony was! Trying to shut out chaos and the natural way of Equestria in favour of her pathetic order!

Well not any more! Now he wasn't alone: this dear creature was starting to see the light... or darkness, depending on ones point if view. Chamois Vine - she was exactly what Equestria needed!

"After you, my dear. Just a short visit: lets show Equestria that your beautiful, brilliant, enlightened mind deserves just as much recognition as anyone else's!"

@@Gloomfury,

Best antagonist Chrysalis stared deep into Gloomfury's eyes. Very deep. You'd think Chrysalis saw something from this, but she was actually very confused. And whatever had gotten Gloom acting like this was only making the matter worse.

"mind explaining this sudden worry for me? are you just going to keep looking at me like that?"

@,

"I don't really know why myself. It's just... the feeling of worry comes to me when I think of you getting hurt." He shrugs and looks down in thought. "And the only time I get that feeling is when it's for someone I like. So I guess it's because I like you." He nods then looks back at her with the same look but with something else in his eyes other then caring. "Yep. I like you." He chuckles. " I've always been a sucker for a mare with green eyes."

@,

Ugh...What happened...Blacklight thought as he opened his eyes and found himself slowly rising to his hooves, though he tired to bring his hoof to his head he only to have him start walking to the fragments of his sword. Alarmed he suddenly remembered the day's earlier events as he tried again to no avail as his hijacked body continued walking to the fragmented sword, darkness seeping out of his hooves and surrounding the fragments before quickly retreating, the sword gone but in its place four hoof blades. Quickly putting them on he turned are began carefully striding to the slowly waking Sombra, as if enjoying what was about to come as Blacklight struggled to regain control of his body. Putting all of his willpower into one overwhelming push he regained control just long enough to shout, " Sombra, look out!" Before the darkness regained control of his body as raised one hoof, the blade extending as his body prepared to end Sombra's life.   

@,Sombra stumbled slightly as he was brought back from reality, sword still in his magic aura.  However, just as he started to regain his senses, Sombra heard a nearby and familiar shout.

"Sombra, look out!"

Sombra snapped out of his current state, the figure before him was preparing a strike on his life, and just as the darkness split Sombra from life as he knew it, he had a momentary surge of adrenaline as the glands opened the flood gates and he felt the epic sensation of the adrenaline plough through his veins like a rampaging bull in a china shop.  Sombra quickly brought his Crystal Sword in for a swipe at the attackers hoof as it was about to hit it target, and just before it did, Sombra was successful at completely slashing off the entirety of BlackLights leg, the limb falling limply to the floor.  The sudden as wild attack caused Black to fall to the floor, Sombra rushed over and quickly thrust the blade of his sword though Blacks remaining leg, jamming the sharp edge in until it was completely through the leg and in the ground.  "How does it feel to be realities bitch?!"

(I will find an alternative to that word if you wants me to.) 

@

Blacklight's body only growled and struggled in reply against the sword, landing a few glancing blows with his hind legs as inwardly Blacklight screamed in pain. Even though he wasn't in control of his body he could still feel every ounce of pain as one of his legs was cut off and another pierced by the sword. Finally calming himself down he though, Why....why did this have to happen to me?! Why did I have to be the nice guy and save Sombra to have my leg cut off?! Buck you Sombra! Buck you! Blacklight's anger only helped to fuel the darkness as he struggled harder against the sword, he forehooves bleeding furiously.      

@,(Get ready for this one!) "Do not fret BlackLight!  You're only strengthening the grip the darkness has on your soul!"  Sombra left his sword impaled in BlackLights leg, walking out towards the center of the cavern, the lantern long since burned out.  As Sombra neared and stood firm in the center of the room, he brightened his horn, summoning a tome lined with gold patterns and the cover a dull brown and as Sombra opened the heavy book he flipped through multitudes of pages as if he was looking for something.  Soon he stopped flipping through the pages and thought, 'This will end everything the darkness has caused, all the pain and suffering.'  Sombra put on a serious looking face, his eyes narrowing at the figure that lay on the stone floor as it slowly bled, and, slowly but firmly, he started to walk towards the bleeding pegasus; he then began to recite the words of the page as a sudden, deep church bell rang out from seemingly nowhere.  

"You, the darkness in ones heart, devour-er of the souls among us, the rage that builds in us all; hatred incarnate."  Sombra then closed his eyes and could feel the darkness starting to struggle a little, 'I must continue.' thought Sombra as he continued reading from the tome, his voice growing more powerful with each word.  "Those that I used to praise, help me, I ask that you cast out any and all evil spirits in, around or attached to BlackLight once and for all, he has done nothing wrong but instead I have done so!  The spirit of this dark deformity shall not be allowed to ever set hoof on any soul so it may corrupt.  Lord above, gods I worshiped, in your name I release this evils grip on this poor soul, now free of the burden of bending to the bloody brow of its ways!"  Sombra stopped directly in-front of BlackLight, the darkness now seeping outwards at a fast pace, "So come, cry for mercy!  The reckoning has come! The bell has foretold your demise, you will be forever bound to the deepest depths of tartarus, never to flee or have hopes of your own salvation!"  At that final word, Sombra slammed the tome shut and listened as the darkness was dragged downwards, screaming curses and writhing in the pain of being as powerless as a new born.  Sombra let loose a long, baited breath of air, the darkness was gone...for good this time; he then sat on his haunches, exhausted from what he had preformed.

(BOOM BABY!  Wipe out!)

@,

Nightmare Moon had been about to answer, when she felt a cool tingle travel down her spine. She could sense that something was taking place elsewhere in the mountain; somepony's game had apparently gone wrong, if the surge of darkness - faint but distinctly recognized by her - she felt was any indication. The night princess ultimately disregarded it, returning her attention to Shadow Flare.

"One would think that it could be that simple," she said to his suggestion. "It would be so simple to trick their gullible minds... But you've no idea how closely guarded the Elements are. Since my defeat at the hooves of the six Bearers, when the Elements were reawakened after a thousand years, Celestia made certain that she knew where those Elements were at all times." After a moment of pause, she huffed. "She kept them locked away in a vault. Even I, her sister, could not reach them, in spite of the fact that she supposedly trusted me at the time! What a sham!"

She sighed in disgust, shaking her head. "Now she's passed the Elements to a new guardian: Twilight Sparkle. A formidable user of magic, she is. Nearly as powerful as myself in magical potential, I dare say. And I am almost entirely certain that she guards those Elements very closely; I would think that she would allow only her so-called friends near them. Perhaps I would be able to get by with taking the form of one of her friends and sneaking past her guard - but I cannot underestimate her intelligence. She might be able to see through my guise, and I cannot risk that."

Nightmare Moon scoffed, more at herself than anything. "I used to be not so concerned over such things. But the last thing I desire is to be defeated by the Elements of Harmony yet again. Could you imagine? A third defeat such as that... I would rather die than suffer such humiliation!" The dark mare lightly stomped one of her hooves to punctuate her point.

@

Blacklight's body began to shake uncontrollably, partly because of Blacklight being restored control of his body and partly due to his body entering shock due to blood lost. Sturggleing to maintain control of his body, Blacklight could see blackness at the edge of his vision as he fought to stay alive. Turning to the exhausted Sombra, Blacklight realized that he would most likely die here in this cave, just like the ponies he was here to save he noted as he stared briefly at the pile of bolders that hid the body of one of the ponies from view. Returning his gaze to the floor in front of him and the growing pool of blood around him, Blacklight thought to himself, So this is how it ends...stuck to the floor of a cave while slowly bleeding out...he gave a small chuckle as he thought,...well at least I can say it was a heck of a ride...I only wish I could have done more... perhaps in the next life...and with that he slowly closed his eyes and awaited for death to claim him, finally making peace within himself.

Edited by Blacklight01