Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mountain In The Forest

Feather Gem

@,Sombra then, after resting for a bit, looked back down at the now freed BlackLight and was slightly horrified as he noticed the pool of red liquid at his side.  "Oh god..."  Sombra said as he stood up and once again lit his horn and lowered to the exit way of the blood as the red glow of his horn intensified with healing magic.  "Come on BlackLight, DON'T YOU DIE ON ME!"  he shouted as he continued to attempt to resurrect the dying pegasus, every second that passed was a second of Blacks remaining life at risk.  First it was the bleeding that stopped, then after close to ten seconds of intense concentration the wound was sealed as well as Blacks heart rate was increased dramatically; just to get the blood flowing and circulation in the veins again, Sombra also released a bit of adrenaline to help.  Though he could not re-attach the lost leg, he could make a fake one with the same structure...it would take a while, but it was possible.  He got to work immediately, summoning dozens of crystal shards, going towards the middle of the room to work on it, piecing together the base as well as the structure.

@,

Am I dead? Thought Blacklight as he lay there, though the burst of adrenaline sent him grasping as he opened his eyes weakly as he thought...Nope not yet...Lifting his head though with great effort he managed to see Sombra in the center of the room working on what appeared to be a...oh no tenably taking a look at his hooves it took nearly all his self control as not to scream as he noticed only three hooves instead of four. Oh...now I wish I was dead...he thought as he stared at his stup. Finally just settleing on laying his head down he closed his eyes and tried not to think about his missing leg.

@@Gloomfury,

The last time Chrysalis said something cruel to gloom, he got drunk and almost killed her. So that obviously wouldn't be a smart idea to do that twice. "That's..." She decided that she would have to say her next words carefully. his feelings were one way, to some extent. So she couldn't be to nice. But then again, if she was too  harsh she would probably get stabbed. "that's good to know. really." She took a deep breath, and sighed. "well then I guess I'm going to have to find something else to do the aren't I?"

@,

It...it felt nice to be told that he'd not let anything hurt her.  She'd been protecting herself for so long that when somepony else said that they would...it was almost like she felt lighter...like a weight had been taken off her shoulders that hadn't gone away when she freed herself.

Beautiful, brilliant, enlightened...at this rate Chamois would never even try to go back to her normal self.  This praise was almost making her hyper.  She wasn't used to it.  It was almost like caffeine. 

"Okay!" Chamois exclaimed, rearing up on her back legs with a grin.  When she landed back down, she quickly replaced the grin with a soft smile and said 'okay' once more in a quieter voice.

Chamois stepped up to the door, trying to keep from bouncing and peeked inside.  Her heart skipped a beat when she saw the tall, regal alicorn with the flowing, multi-coloured mane standing by a window at one end of the throne room.  She stared out of it, seeming to not really see what was out there like she was lost in thought.

I'm so dead, Chamois thought gleefully as she very quietly took a few steps into the room.  The tiles of the throne room would not help absorb the sounds, but what could she do?

No, seriously.  The guards will see me, Celestia will see me.  Heck, Discord might even just grin at me and wave and slam the door shut, leaving me behind, though probably not.

This is really fun.

Edited by Feather Gem

(Well, time to get this going again! Please forgive me for not writing as much as usual.)

"I understand what it feels like to have an obstacle you cannot get past," Shadow started to grow wary again, who knows what might happen if Nightmare Moon lost her temper? Whatever it was he wasn't willing to find out. "Of course, if there's anything I've learned in my studies it's that everything has a weakness," he couldn't believe what his mind was proposing, was he actually considering helping Nightmare Moon? Granted he longed for the day when Celestia was off the throne, but was he willing to go this far?

​"The Elements have always intrigued me... I would do anything to uncover their secrets." That last line wasn't intended to escape his thoughts, but it found freedom anyways.

@,Sombra continued his work on the red, prosthetic crystal leg and as he continued piecing together the pieces he heard rustling from behind him, slight struggling to not scream and finally a head laying back down on the floor.  "Look who's awake.  Didn't think you would survive the exorcism to be honest."  Said Sombra as he meticulously pieced together the red crystals in the shape of a ponies leg, it was harder than it looked and required the utmost concentration.

Edited by Midnight-Inferno

@,

Blacklight lifted his head just enough to speak to Sombra as he replied, his voice a little rough from underuse,  " Well I guess I did huh..." He spared a quick glance at his stup as he added, "...more or less. Though I guess that's something to be happy about....Anyway, what are you working on?" he asked at the end as he tried to look pass Sombra to see what he was furiously working on. Whatever it is...he sure is working hard on it...He chuckled softly to himself as he noted, If anypony had told me yesterday that I was going to be captured by the 'dark' King Sombra, possessed by a dark part of him, and lose a leg...I would have laughed and called them crazy, but look at me now...legless blood soaked, and at the compete mercy of King Sombra himself. What a world we live in...​and with that he began to hum a sad tune softly to himself...if nothing  more than to distract him from his current predicament.  

@,"I'm currently working on a leg replacement for you, I'm making it out of shards of red crystal that I can summon at will." he said as Sombra looked back towards BlackLight who was looking at the stump of his leg.  "I only cut it off so the shadow that possessed you would have a way to leak out."  The leg Sombra was working on was almost finished, it was hard work but it will be worth it in the end...if he didn't screw up.

@,

Blacklight's eyes widened in surprise as he replied, shocked, " Wait...that's for...me?! I thought you were making that out of..." Blacklight trailed off as he realized he couldn't come up with a strong enough argument for why Sombra would be working on it otherwise. Well that's...kind...wait why am I finding this surprising? Why is it so hard to believe that he is doing this out of kindness and not from some underling motive? I guess up until now I've only judged him by what the world knows of him though...if he was possessed by the same darkness I was I can't blame him...Even him cutting my leg off was to help me in the long run. Could it be I've/the world has misjudged him this whole time? Finally that mare I saw in the door...the love she had in her eyes for him was unmistakeable...Oh, why do I feel I've never been more wrong about somepony in my whole life? As he lost himself in his thoughts, he turned away from Sombra and flattened his ears, ashamed that he judged a pony before he had ever met him truly for what he was on the inside.   

@,

"Yes... Everything has a weakness," Nightmare Moon echoed thoughtfully. "Including the Elements of Harmony. Even Celestia herself must have some sort of weakness. It is only a matter of finding that weakness - the one loose thread in the fabric of tyranny that would unravel everything once pulled!" She gave a grin as she was swept up in a moment of elation, flashing her gleaming white fangs.

She then looked to Shadow Flare. "I, too, would love to know the secrets of the Elements of Harmony. Once, long ago, I used them alongside my sister - but even so, they remain a mystery to me. Especially now, when there are new bearers. Such elusive, curious things, the Elements are... But alas, now I can hardly stand to even be near them. Their magic is powerful; to merely be in their presence brings pain to the very essence of my being."

The night princess scowled for a moment, recalling the pain she had experienced as the Elements of Harmony scoured her soul until the only thing left was a pathetic, weak mare that was doomed to be lost in her sister's shadow once more. Now, the Elements were the one thing she truly feared, lest she face that agony another time. And yet, that fear only intensified her desire to find their weakness.

"Yes, there must be a weakness," she muttered. "But getting close to the Elements of Harmony is a challenge in itself. I would imagine that one would have to gain the trust of the Bearers; that alone would require careful deception. I once resorted to lowly tricks in an attempt to defeat them, but now I know that they are cleverer than I assumed."

Edited by Miss Reaper

@,((Time to get this going again.))

"I guess so. Maybe I could cook you up something as an apology. I sometimes get weird when I'm drunk. One time when I was in Canterlot, I broke into the castle and climbed into Celestia's bed while she was sleeping and fell asleep next to her. And lets just say I got a LOT of exercise the next morning running from the guards." He laughs.

@,"Well," said Sombra as he finished forming the last gleaming red crystal into place, "I can't exactly leave you without a leg now can I?"  The now (reformed I guess you could say) king turned around, crystal leg in his magical grasp, and started walking towards the downed BlackLight who seemed to be lost in his own thoughts, "Now," Sombra said as he stopped in front of the pegasus, "I have no idea how well made this is, so do pardon me if I made any mistakes in the structure of this prosthetic leg.  However, it should fit like a glove." He stated as Sombra simultaneously lifted BlackLight off of the cold, stone ground and into the air; and, taking great care to not do anything stupid, set the crystal prosthetic upright on the ground and gently lowered Blacklights stub of a leg into the opening hole....and if fit perfectly!  Releasing BlackLight from his magic grip, Sombra sighed slightly and gave Black a small smile.

@

Blacklight was only really half listening, still in his thoughts, until he was suddenly lifted up into the air. Startled, he stopped himself short of flailing as he was brought down again, though something felt different. Looking down he noticed that his stump had been placed on what appeared to be an exact crystal of his forehoof. Lifting it up, he discovered it could nearly bend as much as his old leg could, though he couldn't feel anything from the hoof. Still he was overcome with emotion, a beginnings of a smile began forming until it stretched across his entire face as tears pooled in his eyes. Glancing away from the hoof, he saw some of his smile reflected in Sombra himself as he repied, " I-it's amazing...thank you..." taking another glance at it he added, a tad bit of humor in his voice, "...It even matches my coat.." Referring to his blood coated coat which now looked more red than black.   

(edited)

@,Sombra looked at BlackLight as the pegasus check out his new, crystal leg, bending it and walking around on it as if in awe of the gleaming prosthetic.

"I-it's amazing...thank you..." He heard BlackLight say as if in a state of gratitude.

"Your...welcome." That one line took a bit of time for Sombra to build the courage to even so much as mutter, nevermind saying it to his 'captive' like he just did. Despite a great deal of the darkness in him being gone, it still somewhat pained him to be polite; he then wondered about how the other villains would see him not that he is now...not himself? It felt good to be like this, less evil and everything, but what initially caused him to be like this; preform an exorcism, make a replacement leg for an injured one when, back then, he would laugh and watch them die, maybe even whip them until their coats were blood-stained and they could barely stand.

"Excuse me...I need a minute." Sombra sighed as he turned and magically grasped the old carcas of his impaled first prisoner and yanked her off of the spike before forcefully catapaulting the corpse from one end of the cavern to the other; causing it to slam into the solid wall and leave a small indent before the body fell limp to the ground once more. Sombra, now infuriated, stormed out of the room via the double locked, triple-bolted wooden door, slamming it shut as he took off even deeper into the depths of the mountain. That darkness has never known what its power has done to him, he wanted to know if he would heal inside...

(edited)

@,

Blacklight was taken off guard when Sombra suddenly lifted the corpse of the pony he had been sent to rescue and catapulted it to the other side, leaving an indent on the wall and stormed out as it crumpled to the ground. Hearing the sound of the door locking as Sombra slamed it shut, Blacklight just stared at the door as he muttered, " Was it something I said..." Finally tearing his gaze away from the door, Blacklight realized Sombra wouldn't be back for a while and slowly gazed around the rest of the room, looking for something to occupy his time; though quickly glanced past the corpse. Spotting his hoof blade, which was still attached to his detached limb,  Blacklight quickly trotted over to it and pulled it off, putting it one his new crystal leg. Deciding to check the state of his armor, he found his leather chest plate in tatters stained with his own blood. Pulling it off, he tossed it to a corner of the room and deciding to take advantage of the fact he was alone, he unfurled his wings and began giving them a quick stretch. I wonder if any of the ponies I came to 'rescue' are still alive...he thought as he glanced to the corpse, one of the few things left in the room.    

Edited by Blacklight01

As Sombra briskly strode down the dark steps and around the large, stone hallways of the mountain and with each step he took, Sombra became more self aware about the damage caused by the darkness that, before everything that transpired in the cavern with BlackLight, had corrupted his soul.  Everything done to him by it had been permanent damage, the evil could be cast out forever, but his soul is tainted with destruction, torn apart like prey killed by a rabid manticore, thrashed around like a unicorn enveloping you in their magic just to throw you against the wall with no end in sight; but there was hope yet.  The road to redemption is not a steady one, what is easy is knowing when you want to be redeemed; and Sombra knew it was time.

@@Feather Gem,

(Wow, it's been THAT long since I posted?!?)

Discord followed.

He seriously considered conjuring the illusion of a hundred or so guards to chase after the mare - it would have been entertaining certainly, but the long term benefits of not doing so more than outweighed his short term amusement. After all, his domain was chaos - and chaos was quite capable of intelligent design.

"Don't fear, dear. I'm right behind you!" He chided as they reached the center of the throne room. "Really? Not so much as a welcoming party? No fruit or flowers? Really Celly, you need to work on your hospitality... why don't you have a seat dear? We're guests here after all!"

The throne was clearly made for an Alicorn-sized pony... but she would grow into it. Probably.

"Ahem, pardon me for a moment... Celestia! Hello? You have guests! What's wrong, are you too good for y..."

He stopped, as if cut off. Silently counting to three on one claw, he turned away from the filly and threw his arms wide as the main door burst open.

"Discord!"

The radiant princess stepped into the room - eyes lit with a fury reserved for very few creatures of Equestria. No matter the anger which radiated from her, she never sped up. Stepping at her own steady pace through the room - chromatic mane and tail carried elegantly behind her on a non existent breeze.

"I knew better than to think that you would simply leave. Why have you come here?"

Discord sighed. He leaned backwards - floating in midair to mutter into the ear of his new student.

"You see? Always with the accusations... she never did like me... jealousy, I think..."

He cleared his throat, vanished from sight and appears beside the princess of the sun - leaning casually against her with a gloating smirk on his face.

"And what have you done to this poor..."

"Hah! What have I done? Why, nothing!" Discord cut off the princess - placing a claw against the princesses mouth in a 'shush'ing motion. "Given her a friend, perhaps! Shown her an... alternative to the tyranny you offer. She's quite unharmed - and still has her sanity too... unlike a certain sister of a certain princess might I add?"

He vanished again - appearing back beside Chamois.

"Really now! So suspicious - we've done nothing to hurt anyone, have we dear? See, this is the welcome we receive from the 'just' and 'benevolent' ruler of Equestria!"

Edited by Cinderscribe

@@Gloomfury

(OOC: Alright. Fine I'll post. But only because I love you!)

That... was actually funny. It wasn't often that Chrysalis wanted to laugh at something that wasn't either someponies futile attempts at escaping her traps, or some dark humor. there were almost no funny changelings in her hive, and she doubted any of these poor excuses of villains had a sense of humor, so when something like that came up it was actually funny. Chrysalis laughed alongside Gloom, for once in however long it's been since the last time she laughed alongside somepony.

• Brohoof 1

(I can't think of much to say that hasn't already been said, lest we add to the never ending loop of a conversation. I'll leave it up to Nightmare Moon to change the subject.)

It was strange, Shadow had never found someone else who would agree with him before... Let alone even listen to him. "I..." It was strange, for the first time in his life he didn't have a way to respond to the situation.

Was she right? Even is he was, could there be any way which a simple Unicorn like Shadow could help her? He had guessed that she brought him here for some reason, whether for help or... Sport.

"I can only imagine what it would be like to have everything taken away from you by force. I chose to leave all I had behind, but to have something you want torn away, only for the same thing stop you again..."

(edited)

@

It was probably pushing it, but when else would she have the chance to sit in the Sun Princess's throne?  Chamois trotted over to it and put her front hooves up onto it, trying to pull herself up onto it.

Huh.  Okay.  This was much bigger close up.

Chamois scurried some more, clawing at the soft cushion with her ridiculously smooth, almost frictionless hooves.  After a moment though, she fell back and went back over to Discord, looking slightly flushed.  That was rather embarrassing...which is why she had stopped.  Anyway, she should stick next to him, just in case.

When the princess did make her appearance though, Chamois found herself peeking at the glorious alicorn from behind Discord.  She'd never expect herself to do something as absurd as hide behind somepony, but it happened without her quite realizing it.  There was little point to move out from behind him at this point.

She was also - still, she'd never admit it - a little afraid...

She had never seen the princess angry before.  And yet, now there she was before them, looking absolutely furious...and part of the fury may be pointed at her...maybe...just a little...

I've made a terrible mistake... a little voice whispered in her head.  They'll question you when you get out of there...they'll make you seem like a criminal...they'll all---

Leave me alone, Chamois whispered back it.  Now was not the time.

"Well..." Chamois said quietly, looking at the princess in the eyes for a moment.  She shifted her gaze quickly though, not brave enough to hold it.  "It's true.  We haven't hurt anypony.  He's actually been really nice..."  Well, perhaps the word nice was a bit too big, but no matter.  "...considering..." she added.

Why couldn't she be brave and strong and confident?  She'd made it this far, she'd faced this...this chaotic being, she'd faced herself...surely she could face the princess as well, having done nothing wrong!

Edited by Feather Gem

@,

"It is something one never grows accustomed to," Nightmare Moon said, her voice as hollow as how she felt inside whenever she thought on the terrible cruelty she had suffered. She had lost everything, had it all taken from her by force. And for what? To further enforce her elder sister's tyrannical agenda? That was what made her so resentful; that lingering speck of darkness that lingered even after the Elements' purification. And that small fragment - all that had been left of Nightmare Moon herself - was slowly, but surely, nurtured within Luna's heart, finally brought to full bloom with Discord's help.

Afterwards, she walked in silence with Shadow Flare. There was hardly any more to add to the conversation at that point. And besides, Nightmare Moon had a destination in mind, leading Shadow Flare through the complex halls criss-crossing throughout the mountain. They eventually came to a small alcove that opened to the outside, allowing for a view of the outside. One could see over the trees of the forest below, and could view the horizon of the sky.

The moon was already risen, brought up into the sky without the night princess's aid. Celestia had again taken over the cycle of both day and night. Nightmare Moon could also see the stars, also arranged by her elder sister. It was likely that no other pony - aside from an astute observer of the night sky, perhaps - would have noticed the difference, but she knew that the stars were all wrong. The constellations were terribly misplaced. Celestia may have been able to raise the moon well enough, but the placement of stars along the dark blanket of the night sky had always been a delicate task that Celestia could never quite master.

The dark alicorn longed to reach out with her magic, to touch the stars and the moon with her presence, perhaps rearrange the stars so that they were in their right place - but she could not. With the knowledge that her 'evil' lunar counterpart was still somewhere out there, the solar princess had sealed access to the night sky itself, making it so that only her magic could affect the nightly celestial objects. Every time Nightmare Moon tried to fight the seal, there she felt Celestia's influence fighting against her every step of the way. It was an awful thing, feeling the instinctual urge as the true mistress of the night to control the moon and stars, and yet unable to do so.

@, ((Yay!))

Gloom's smile grows from hearing Chrysalis's laugh. He thought he would never get her to laugh, but he did it. After things calmed down a bit, Gloom took a step closer to her. "Glad you like my story. I got a million of them. I can tell you some more over dinner. If you want of course."

@@Feather Gem,

Celestia looked at the pair ahead of her with an expression of mixed anger and sadness - she stood proudly and came no closer, but didn't back down either.

"You have been decieved, young one. Discord exists only to lie and cheat ponies out of everything that is good! Do not listen to his lies, please." She implored the mare before raising her view to the Draconoquuis. "You are not welcome here Discord - you and your treacherous says are not welcome within my land."

Discord yawned loudly.

"Yes, yes... I understand perfectly well how you treat ponies who rise above the place you give them..." Couching to speak on the same level as Chamois, he muttered loudly in her ear. "... I've heard this speech about six times now..."

The trickster snapped his talons together: vanishing and seemingly leaving his student alone, before appearing behind her, lounging on the throne. When the Princess made to speak again, he cut her off in a voice that was certainly not his own.

"How dare you suggest..."

"Please sister, not again! It's so lonely up there... How could you do this to me! We... we're sisters! I... I love you! No! "... undesirables... I admit that Moony can be a tiresome guest on occasion... but the moon for a thousand years, and you call me cruel?"

The words stung clearly - exactly how the Chaos lord had planned. The Princess was playing a dangerous game: she was playing his game.

"You couldn't even begin to..."

"The tyrant queen! If you could only be honest with yourself Celly! We're two sides of the same coin... and now that this darling mare has seen the truth, you fear her - isn't that so?"

She stomped a hoof on the ground - a brilliant aura of light illuminating the room as the princess of the sun

"No! You will not speak such lies in these halls! Dear, this monsters words are poison! Do not listen to them, I implore you! He seeks to twist you: turn you into a plaything of his schemes and blind you to the truth." How a single pony could be so kind and so stern at the same time couldn't be known: so beautiful yet so wrathful - she was light incarnate, and she had no intention of allowing anyone to fall to the darkness that was Discord. "Come, you will be safe with me - it is nopony's fault but his that you have strayed."

Edited by Cinderscribe

@

Chamois turned her head away quickly, to the left and to the floor as low as possible.  She couldn't bear to hear any of this...it was too much for her.  I mean...who was she to listen to?  A Spirit of Chaos?  A Sun Princess?  Or the voices in her head that she'd listened to since she was a child?

Chaos, harmony, emptiness?  Which was worse?  Which was better?

Chamois jumped when he disappeared.  For a moment, she thought that she really had been deceived when she saw the flash behind her.  She spun around to where Discord sat on the throne she has attempted to climb not so long ago.  The relief she felt was unbelievable...

And now...now he was being...harsh...but...his words rang so true!  They were so true and honest and real!

Fear her?  Chamois?  This stupid, grey filly with no power?  Could it be possible that the strong, majestic alicorn feared her?

When the Princess yet again tried to reason with her, Chamois found herself backing away automatically.  By backing away, she was actually moving towards Discord without meaning to...

They both sounded so right!  All Chamois wanted to do was not decide between them! 

But she couldn't run anymore.  No.  She would not let that miserable voice in her head take her back in it's grasp!  That voice wanted her to be safe, but it did not want the best for her!  Celestia wanted her to be safe, but she only cared now, when she was already losing herself!  What about when she needed somepony?  What about when she was alone?

Chamois!  No!  Please!  Listen to me, to your reasonable self!  Discord is evil and cruel!  He won't be there for you!  Celestia won't be there for you!  You have t---

"N-no!"

Chamois!

"I-I...but no pony good and perfect ever wanted me!" Chamois said, raising her head to look the Princess in the eyes, finally.  "I was always alone!  No pony was ever there to say it was all okay, and to tell me I was doing something wrong or right!  No pony ever bothered with me!  B-but...D-Discord chose m-me.  I...I don't know why but...he...must have seen something in me...and he helped me!  Now I'm free!" Chamois said, her voice rising as she became near to tears.  "I'm not bound by a voice telling me to keep quiet and never do anything new or different!  I'm free!"

He chose you because you are weak...open your eyes, abandoned filly...

And then the voice faded away, almost as if she had killed it.

"No pony ever...cared...but...now some pony might...maybe..." she said, her voice going quiet.

(I so wish I could colour in her dialogue, but my computer isn't...very nice right now...)

@@, ,Sombra looked up from where he was previously staring at the ground, he had a pleaful look in his eyes that just screamed that he needed to be forgiven.  His horn lit up with a dark red aura around it and then, in a flash of light, Sombra was back in the cavern where BlackLight resided, Sombra walked around the room for a bit looking aimlessly around as if thinking; then he faced towards BlackLight and started talking.  "BlackLight," he started, but not before his mouth went straight and his eyes narrowed.  "Let us take a...much needed visit to Canterlot Castle, shall we?  It's time for redemption "  and without another word, Sombra's horn re-lit and after what seemed like mili-seconds, the two of them were in the main throne room of the current rulers of Equestria; and so was Discord.  

"Celestia!" Sombra's voice bellowed as he stood for a moment before he slowly strode on towards the princes.  "I have a bone to pick with you...but not in the way you think."  his voice became a mere whisper at the end of the sentence.