Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mountain In The Forest

Feather Gem

@@Feather Gem,

(Apologies for my absence)

Discord peered through the door with genuine curiosity... this was one of the things he could never had accounted for. Another being wielding chaos - it hadn't happened for... well, for far too long as far as he was concerned. Magic was simple - as were thoughts, plans and ponies... they were all so easy to read but chaos! This mare had done what no other had in far too long:

She had piqued his interest.

"Aha! See here? It is... somewhere inside the mountain. I believe that is the tiresome voice of our rather monotonous 'King Sombra' I can hear..." He mused, poking a head through over the pony and looking left and right before returning to the room through the impossible door.

"With a little focus and practice, you can go anywhere you like. After a while you can go to places that you have never seen - even places that don't exist yet! And thats when it starts to get fun..." He grinned. "But for you? Let's stick with places that don't break your precious idea of 'reality'... no sense trying anything unnecessary if you're going to be leaving shorty is there?"

@,

"I suppose you do have a point," Nightmare Moon conceded, surprisingly enough. "With no light at all, there would be no sight... for complete and total darkness obscures one's vision." She angled her head up slightly as she mused silently to herself for a few moments before returning her gaze to Shadow Flare.

Her smile only grew as he mentioned the night, the stars and the moon; the very things she lived for. "Yes... You are absolutely right. There is no such thing as absolute darkness, even in the latest hours of the night. The moon and the stars are always there at night, giving just enough light to show the way. It is a gentle light, mingling with the darkness rather than burning it all away."

The night princess lowered her head slightly, bringing herself somewhat closer to Shadow's eye level. "The moon is a gentle thing, a beautiful orb that you can gaze up at and admire." She then narrowed her eyes as those bright turquoise irises of hers gleamed. "And what is the sun? It is a sphere of fire suspended in the sky. Try to lay eyes upon it, and it burns your eyes! It is a blinding light that is far too bright!"

Nightmare Moon gave pause for a few long moments, again letting her words seep in before she tilted her head and asked, "Wouldn't you agree?"

@,

Well it was somewhere in the mountain, like he said.  Points on that!  Though, it also led to King Sombra.  She'd have to deduct points for that.  She wouldn't want her door to lead to the Ruler of the Shadows if Discord wasn’t around.  He seemed like he might protect her if he was around…might…

Chamois quickly stepped away from the door in case the cruel king was to appear from wherever his voice was coming from and spot her.

Starts to get fun?  Starts to get fun?  When she discovered new worlds? 

But it was already fun now!

"Well..." Chamois said, skipping through the door frame and grabbing onto the door which she pulled closed.  "My 'precious idea of reality' has already been tortured a few times today...and there's no one waiting or worrying for me back home..."

Chamois looked at him, an eyebrow raised as she implied that she wouldn't quite like to leave 'shortly'.  Then she smiled, a bit embarrassed as she realized the decision she had just made, should he choose to let her make it.  She casually took her bag off of her back to cover up the embarrassment.

@@Gloomfury

(OOC;shoulda reworded that. She didn't actually leave but whatevs.)

Chrysalis was satisfied with her job. She had stopped a potential suicide and prevented herself from getting attacked by a drunk. of course there was still this headache in her... head. And the fact that now, she was bored. that's the problem when you don't have a hive. You get bored as all hell. Discord had his weird reality bending abilities, Luna probably had cultist followers or something. She had nothing now. Kinda like that overly violent sombrero. Chrysalis loved watching him get mad. Maybe she'd go and anger him some more. or perhaps scare one of the other hostages that are in the building...

yeah. She should do that.

@@Feather Gem,

Discord raised a brow at the last statement - making a mental note but choosing to not pry too deeply for the moment. Instead, he looked over the pony and motioned about the room - everything was going according to plan... admittedly with some unexpected twists.

Still - something unexpected was always welcome to the lord of chaos - who spent his endless days desperatly searching for something... anything unexpected enough to break the boredom born from thousands of years of seeing Equestria's patters repeat themselves over and over, again and again...

He blinked. How long had he been standing there? Was he frowning? Nonesense!

"Ahem! Well, perhaps if you're willing to keep an open mind..." He shrugged as if it meant nothing to him either way, suddenly finding the view outside extremely interesting. "... you are... agreeable enough company I suppose - you dont run away screaming at the sight of me for a start... I could make the time to show you a few things, It's not as if I had anything more interesting planned for the next couple of hundred years or so."

"They tell the masses Darkness is a tool of fear and tyranny." Shadow as strangely relaxed, if anyone had told him it would be in Nightmare Moon herself he would find the first to share his thoughts...

"Yet the sun cares not for the beauty of the night! The Darkness is willing to keep the light of the moon of the stars, while the sun banishes the dark and keeps the world to itself! And they say the dark is the aspect of tyranny!" A strange feeling swelled up inside of him, he had given these arguments to himself long ago when he was in exile, but now that someone was agreeing with him, he didn't feel helpless anymore, he begun to vent his rage at the sun, at Celestia.

"They cannot see harmony anymore than a common tyrant, why should the dark be expelled?" Though it was not a power that could harm an Alicorn such as Luna, it was a power still greater than Shadow had felt before. In his rage Shadow brought forth a violent wind that whipped through the nearby corridors, a perfectly balanced yet violent breeze of darkness and wind. His eyes glowing red with rage as he let his rage and darkness temporarily take hold.

He may not be ready to forsake the light, but Nightmare had clearly made a good start. 

Edited by Blissful Chaos

@,

After she placed her bag onto the floor, she looked up at him.  There was a short silence between them as he seemed lost in thought.  Chamois glanced around, wondering if she was supposed to say something.  The silence made her uncomfortable, uneasy.

She quickly looked back at him when he did speak as he looked out the window, automatically making Chamois do the same.  Of course, she saw nothing of interest and switched her gaze back to him.  It was a bit funny how she could look straight at him now, unless he looked at her too, which would make her turn away for a moment.

Agreeable?

Well she didn't plan to stay here for a hundred years, but that's not really what he meant. 

"Isn't it even the slightest bit amusing when ponies run away from you, screaming?" she asked suddenly.  I mean, sure, maybe it would hurt his feelings after a while, but it could be funny at least at the beginning.

Wait, why had she asked that?  She shouldn't ask something like that. 

"W-what can you show me?" she asked, trying to replace her last question with a better one.

Just because you're free doesn't mean you should ask such stupid questions.

@, Sombra looked back at the pegasus with a calm expression, not completely, but more so then he was 5 seconds ago.  He tried to calm himself down further, the single lit lantern shone a very dim light as Sombra begun to speak.  "Like I said BlackLight; this was a dangerous path I followed, I hadn't realized my mistake until it was too late."  he then took hold of the hanging lantern with his magic, then blew it out, causing split-second darkness before it magically re-lit itself to full brightness and as the room was engulfed in the bright light from the flame of the lantern more of the cave was revealed.  

He then hung the lantern on the ceiling again before turning to and slowly walking towards the wooden door, stopping as he was next to it as he opened it; revealing a spiraling vortex mixed of the two colors, purple and green.  "Do not be alarmed by the look of what is inside, I am simply fulfilling a request from you to see what is through this very door...what you witness will not harm you, but instead it will help you better understand what I have experienced until I became what I am now."

@,

Blacklight gave Sombra a look of suspicion, unsure of what the door would contain. His curiosity finally gained the better of him however as his eyes slowly moved from Sombra to the door itself all the while thinking, Well...it can't be so bad, can it? As his eyes began focusing on the spiraling colors, his legs began moving towards the door as if on their own accord until finally stoping a few feet from the door. His eyes began to gain the color of the swirls as he continued staring at the door.

As he stared at the vortex, a suddenly flash occurred, momentarily blinding him. When he opened his eyes, he found himself instead of the cave he was in earlier but in a grand library empty except for himself and a grey unicorn that was reading intently in the center of the library. Unsure of where he was,  Blacklight slowly walked up to him and asked, " Hey, do you know where I am?" The unicorn appeared to not hear him as he continued reading intently. Trying again, he tried to place a hoof on his shoulder to gain his attention, though to his surprise and somewhat to his horror, his hoof passed though the unicorn. Suddenly realizing that this was most likely some kind of vision from the door, he tried to get a better view of the unicorn as he rounded on him and found that he shared a remarkable resemblance to...Sombra?! It can't be...he thought as he stared at the normal looking unicorn. It couldn't be Sombra, could it? Deciding to not dwell on that, he turned his attention to the book and found that he couldn't read any of it though it had a picture that referenced...Dark magic. This must be how Sombra first found dark magic...he thought. Just then, Sombra lifted his head from the book and his horn began lighting up until Blacklight was forced to turn away from him to shield his eyes.

Regaining his vision again, Blacklight saw...two Sombras staring at each other across an icy field. One was a more normal version of him that looked untainted by the darkness, while the other showed him at his most evil. The two suddenly began fighting, both sides equally matched in ferocity and strength. That was until the ice caved in beneath them, sending them to the bottom for a few tense moments until one emerged though he was hidden by a sudden snow storm. As he tried to peer though the wall of snow, Blacklight found himself face to face with mare, her coat almost the same as the snow, her expression first appearing happy though progressively turning sadder until it was an expression of pure sorrow before she disappeared into the snow.

The snow forced Blacklight to close his eyes and when he opened them again, he found himself on a hill overlooking the Crystal Empire. Though it was not the Empire he knew as he heard cries of dispair coming from the Empire. Taking off, he neared the city as found what appeared to be endless lines of ponies in chains, the same sad expressions on all of them as he flew pass. Reaching the castle, he spotted Sombra as he looked presently, though more evil and slightly terrifying. Still, Blacklight flew to the balcony that Sombra stood, watching over the empire. Finally reaching him he yelled, outraged, " Sombra! What have you done?! What are you doing?!" Sombra only stared back, his smile turning ever more wicked as his horn flashed again, darkness seeping out of it at a record pace at Blacklight, causing Blacklight to raise his hooves to shield himself as the darkness overtook him.

Edited by Blacklight01
  • Brohoof 1

@, (Shit's about to go down in a few posts.)  Sombra could see what BlackLight was seeing; and he didn't like it.  He thrust open his eyes and just before the darkness even touched so much as a feather on Blacks wings, Sombra slammed the door shut, nothing was able to escape.  Sombra then started to slowly walk backwards, as if he was scared of something; but he soon stopped and put on a stern look as he summoned dozens on small, red crystal shards from the ground and morphed them together; forming a crystal sword.  "Why hello there...back for more?"

(Last post for the night and most of tomorrow, Night!)

Edited by Midnight-Inferno

@@Feather Gem,

"Oh, you know. It was quite entertaining the first four or five hundred times..." Shrugged Discord with a look of indifference. "... still is, on occasion. But most of you ponies are just so predictable - it gets so dull after a while!"

This wasn't the correct line if conversation - she wasn't supposed to be asking questions about him - not these kind if questions anyway. At the same time, wasn't she doing exactly what he had intended? Going against the norm and keeping an open mind? Listening to him?

He chuckled to himself for no reason other than to avoid another awkward silence while he regained his composure.

"Very well! A hundred years or just ten minutes - when you stop seeing time as a restriction they are both the same..." He explained without actually explaining anything at all. "It's far easier to show you..."

The Draconoquuis approached the crude (yet impressive, for a first attempt) doorway and reached out - placing a single claw against it. With a burst of light that wasn't any discernible colour, it swung outwards to reveal an almost perfect replica of the room they were standing in - complete with a second Discord (this one wearing a rather stylish tuxedo) and not quite perfect copy of the mare.

"You see?" Echoed both Discords, each one turning back to address their respective companion. "Billions of worlds that might have been! With chaos, we can simply pick and choose which ones we believe... A world where Celestia never existed, or one without light or colour. One where ponies walk on two legs and don't have wings or magic even - terrible place that, don't go there - but all if these places exist! And with chaos, we can visit them or, and even bring parts of them here!"

At some point, the two Draconoquuis had changed places... or something. Either way, the 'real' Discord now seemed to have adopted the suit and closed the door again.

"But you don't need to understand it fully: that would drive you quite mad my dear - and I am quite fond of your sanity - the worlds without it are much less bearable for its loss, wouldn't you believe?"

Edited by Cinderscribe

@,

He had answered her, which she hadn't intended for him to do.  It seemed to become a little awkward after that as well.  She shouldn't have ever asked such a question. 

"Huh?" she said, tilting her head and pulling one side of her mouth back as he tried to explain time and junk with only words.  She'd need more time to process such a thing with only words.  Fortunately, he seemed to realize this.

She turned to look through the door as he opened it.  She looked between the two Discords and the two…hers, wondering how the 'Discords' could speak so casually.  Even if Chamois was used to chaos, she could never take this kind of thing very seriously without laughing hysterically just at the thought.  She didn't even know if you were supposed to take chaos seriously!

No Celestia, no color or light, no magic or flight.  Hopefully, these were just bad examples because none very much appealed to her.  Color and light were her reason for living, magic was pony’s reason for living, and sometimes it was almost as if Celestia didn't exist anyway.  Rulers, huh!  Always sitting and doing nothing, making everypony else do---

Actually, Discord's dislike towards Celestia might be dangerously rubbing off on her.  Better keep those thoughts tucked away…

Chamois jumped slightly when the Discord in front of her started wearing the suit.  It happened so suddenly that she couldn't even tell whether he had been wearing it the whole time or just put it on.

Really, she couldn't believe it.  "Okay, wait, wait, wait," Chamois said, raising a hoof to hopefully get a chance to inquiry about some things.  "Wouldn't you like insanity?" she asked, placing her hoof back down with a soft clop against the floor.  Then she asked a question that she was surprised her mind ever questioned in the first place.  "And have I created worlds already?  Without realizing it?"

She also speculated if understanding chaos fully had driven him mad.  This time though, she held her tongue.

@

When the door closed, Blacklight was pulled forcibly from the vision and as a result was sent backpedalling into one of the cave walls. Where he collapsed and lay there, visibly shaking, as his mind tried to cope with the sudden influx of emotions. Though when he heard Sombra speak,  he stopped shaking and slowly raised his head, giving Sombra a glare of some of the purest hate imageable, the whites of his eyes a bright green, before softening his expression as his eyes returned to normal as he collapsed and trembled involuntarily. His mind finally closing itself off to protect itself from being overwhelmed with the massive amounts of emotions and mental images.       

Edited by Blacklight01

@@Feather Gem,

"Chamois! You wound we!" He cried theatrically: raising an arm to his head and fainting backwards where he was promptly replaced by a blackboard. As his figure reformed beside it, he picked up a piece of chalk and began to write in the air - with the words forming as he did.

"Insanity, my dear, is repeating the same action again and again - expecting to see a new result." He read aloud - punctuating the writing with a sad face for emphasis. "But there never is one! Something has to change - that's what chaos is! Certainly ponies tend to believe otherwise but who is really mad? Us? Or those who do the same little routine - day after day - and always expect things to get better on their own? No my dear, there is a fine line - but a line there is! Chaos and madness are very different."

Somehow the blackboard had lost its writing - replaced with a picture of a rather happy looking goat instead. He dismissed it and looked back at his student.

"Which brings us to our next step - you can use chaos, now you must control it!" He motioned towards the closed door. "Tell it! You didn't want to end up near our delightful 'king', did you? So tell it! Think! You need to know where you want to go - it doesn't even need to be a real place! Ponyville, Manehatten, The moon... use your imagination! Tell it where it should lead! Be in control - you are the master here, not the door! It does what you say!" Another - equally important - instruction came to mind. "Oh, and see if you can think of another colour for it - it's such a drab thing... maybe a nice sky blue? No, no... use your imagination!"

• Brohoof 1

@,

Even Nightmare Moon hadn't quite realized what she had stumbled upon. She hadn't known that her words would go so deep, that Shadow Flare held such darkness, such rage within his soul. Even she was surprised when the dark current of wind tore through the hall. Though the darkness didn't bother her in the slightest, she raised one of her wings to shield herself from the rushing wind itself.

Her surprise soon turned to delight. The potential she'd sensed in him was far greater than she would have ever imagined. She felt that she just needed to keep nudging, nudging him closer to the edge...

"Yes... They do liken darkness - and myself, in turn, being who I am - to evil and tyranny. And yet, who is the true tyrant here? Celestia forsakes all that do not worship her precious light, including her own flesh and blood!" Nightmare Moon could feel her own resentment mounting, but she kept it in check this time.

"All I ever wanted was to make ponies appreciate the beauty of the night," she continued on with the slightest note of sorrow in her voice. "I merely asked to keep the moon in the sky for a few hours more. And yet, she refused! She feared that if ponies came to admire the night, they would cease to glorify her and her sunlight! So she cast me out - banished me to the moon!"

The night princess let out a soft scoff. "She claims that it was for the greater good of Equestria. Ha! What 'greater good'? She maintains the guise of a benevolent ruler... yet who else would banish her family but a tyrant?"

@,

Chamois jumped when he said her name.  She jumped when anypony said her name in fact, and she wasn't very sure why.  She watched in fascination as he wrote an answer to her question right in the air.

And what an answer it was.  It actually made a bit of sense.  She also felt somewhat ashamed.  She had been one of those ponies playing out each day exactly the same as the one previous, except she wasn't expecting it to get better; she was expecting it to become a less of a burden.

Obviously though, the sense had to be replaced by nonsense immediately afterwards to balance it out.  Chamois had no clue why there was suddenly a goat drawn on the chalkboard.  She decided it was best to ignore that.  It wasn't as if there could be an answer to that.

So, she could go anywhere if she played it right, hm?  Well then she wanted to go to the Canterlot castle!  She wanted to go to the throne room where Celestia was just to see the look on both of their faces!  She'd face the consequences afterwards from either of them, but come on now, that would be hilarious!

Er...if she could do it anyway.

Chamois turned towards the door and stepped closer towards it.  She paused for a moment and then closed her eyes, imagining opening the door to Celestia's throne room - which she had been in once or twice with a group of other ponies when she was a filly. 

Okay door, Chamois thought.  I want you to bring me to the Sun Princess's throne room in Canterlot Castle.  And also turn turquoise.  She smiled at the thought of the door changing to turquoise because it did seem a little silly.

@, Sombra witnessed Black back-pedal all the way to the back wall and just turned his head to watch him as he did so; lowering his red, crystal sword in the process.  However, when Black momentarily looked as him Sombra noticed the white of his eyes were green, the same green he could make the whites of his eyes; and that moment made him furious.  As Black slopped back down however and shut his eyes, Sombra could see his mind shut itself off, preserving itself so it is not corrupted into darkness and at that moment Sombra whisked the door away with his magic and stood there, un-moving and on guard.  If there was one thing that he still retained after turning into a tyrant; never let your guard down, keep it at its strongest at all times.

@,

When Blacklight reopened his eyes, he found himself in an empty space that seemed to stretch on forever; it was also dark yet somehow it was still bright enough to see. Slowly getting to his hooves, he began walking forward until he crashed into an invisible barrier, causing it to flash and ripple. Recovering, he stared at the barrier and curiously prodded it with his hoof, causing it to ripple again and flash, though not a much. Taking a moment to ponder the situation he thought, Hmmm...well I have two problems. One where am I and two, how am I going to get out of here? 

Out of the corner of his vision he saw something approaching at an unbelievable speeds, finally stopping when it reached the barrier. Turning to get a better look, he discovered it was some sort of black cloud...until two bright green eyes appeared. soon afterwards the cloud began to take the form a pony...Sombra?! he thought as it finished forming, appearing as a completely black version of Sombra with it's bright green eyes, that began to ooze a purple smoke trail. It suddenly began smashing repeatability into the barrier, causing it to begin flashing with each hit. Forcing himself to fight his growing panic, Blacklight began searching for an kind of weapon. Only glancing briefly at the being as a crack appeared in the barrier after one of it's hits. It's breaking though! He noted as he redoubled his search, trying to find anything he could use as a weapon.

As all this was happening, outwardly Blacklight's body remained unmoving, only a faint twitching revealing what was happening.      

Edited by Blacklight01

@, (Lets dot this!)

Sombra stood there, simply watching Black Light struggle for survival against the darkness.  With his Crystal Sword in his magical grasp, Sombra closed his eyes as he concentrated on entering into Blacks mind and with a final effort started to slowly fade away into the mind of the pegasus.  Once inside of the void Sombra spotted both black and the darkness attempting to burst out of the place; he would not allow it.  With a mighty stomp of his armoured hoof, there was a deafening BOOM as the noise resounded off the barriers of the mind, getting the attention of them both as small cracks started to form from the impact.  Raising his sword in a defensive position position and getting himself into a defensive state of mind, he faced his opposition and shouted, "HEY!  You got better things to worry about then breaking out!"   

The black stallion gently lowered himself to the ground, calming himself finally as the wind faded. He felt like he had dome something wrong, but it would've taken a lie to say he didn't enjoy it.

"You've made it clearer what you want," Shadow might've been more vulnerable than usual, but that in no way impeded his logical mind, still calculating and predicting with every new turn of events. "But it's still not entirely clear."

Shadow began to feel restless, despite his cautious attitude towards Nightmare the sudden outburst had left him unable to remain still, he pressed onward down the hallway, sure that the Princess of the Night wouldn't have any trouble keeping up or even outmaneuvering him.

@,((Sorry it took me a while to say anything back. I couldn't really think of anything till now.))

After he got some sleep, Gloom got up and head to the kitchen to fix himself a prairie oyster to cure his hangover. After he downed it in one shot he heads off to find Chrysalis. After a bit of walking he found her. "Hey, darling. Sorry about almost killing you."

@,

Blacklight after being unable to find a weapon, had nearly given up all hope for stoping it when a thunderous boom echoed though the void. Turning to the source of the noise he found the Sombra a small distance away, trying to get the attention of the being. The being however, seeing it's chance, attacked the distracted Blacklight and surrounded him until he was competely covered in the darkness. Blacklight tried to fight back, though his hooves passed like water every time he tried to strike it. He eventually collapsed, the darkness covering nearly his entire body and was quickly working its way to his head when he yelled out in desperation, " Noooo!" As soon as those word was out of his mouth the darkness overcame him and all was slient for a few moments until Blacklight slowly got to his hooves again and turned away from Sombra as he said, first in a whisper though growing louder with each word, " I-I...feel....I feel...I feel...

Edited by Blacklight01

@@Feather Gem,

Chancing a look through the door once it had changed to a much more energetic colour, Discord couldn't help it - he practically burst into laughter and applauded enthusiastically.

"Oh my dear, that is simply precious... Of all the places! Of all the..."

Swooping down through the air, the Draconoquuis swept up the brilliantly humorous filly and warped through the air - setting her down in front of her creation - grinning widely. "To them, it will just look like another door... we are the ones who understand the truth after all!" He said mirthfully, giving Chamois an appraising look. She was quite spectacular - too precious to put in danger by all means - a pony that actually seemed to understand - to think on a similar level to himself.

"Would you care to visit the princess, my dear? I'm certain that she will be thrilled to see me again..." He beamed with a playful glint in his eye. This was perfect: it would be entertaining and best of all, it would give miss Vine a chance to practice her powers outside of the mountain for a while...

@,

"What I want...?" She inclined her head slightly, her grin fading into a somewhat thoughtful expression. After a few moments, allowing Shadow Flare to walk several feet ahead of her, she slipped into mist form and re-materialized by his side, walking without missing a step in the seamless transition. "There are many things that I want... Some more so than others."

Nightmare Moon paused, giving careful thought to her words. "I want to punish my tyrannical sister for her misdeeds against the darkness. But alas, she would simply sic those ponies on me... The Bearers of the Elements of Harmony." The area immediately around them darkened for a brief moment as her emotions called the shadows to her, before she composed herself and the lighting returned to normal.

"I am loathe to admit it, but I am powerless against the Elements of Harmony on my own. As I may have said before, that is the only reason I am here in this mountain to begin with." The night princess dipped her head as she sighed. "But these fools I live with... they do not truly understand me. Somewhere deep inside, they, too, fear the loss of the light. They cannot comprehend that the darkness truly is a beautiful thing to be admired..."

She turned her head to look at him, another smile slowly spreading across her face. "But you do. You are the only pony I have met that could ever even begin to appreciate the power of the shadows... You are the only one who can understand the way I feel, where no pony would even dare to try and comprehend my reasoning without assuming that I am evil."

@@Gloomfury,

(OOC: I wasn't waiting for a reply, I was waiting for a good moment to strike.)

Chrysalis almost jumped. She hadn't expected Gloom to magically appear from the cracks in the universe, and she was even less expecting of him to appear right behind her. Right behind.... Oh great! Now she was going to have to wash her brain with soap.

"stop calling me darling. Really you don't have to." She waved a hoof behind her dismissively. "Anyway, I feel like going in and irritating Sombra. He's right behind this door you know."