Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite anime?

DerpLeOtakuz

My top three:

1. Code Geass

2. Record of Lodoss War (original & Chronicles)

3. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Massive One Piece fan over here! :P I don't mind the Japanese voice acting, but unlike most animes, I prefer watching One Piece in English. A few of my other favourites would be High School of the Dead, Sword Art Online, and various other crazy mad-cap animes! xD

(edited)

My favorite anime is Birdy the Mighty: Decode. 

(I've never had any idea why it's called "Decode" though.) 

I also very highly recommend Welcome to the NHK and Ouran High School Host Club. 

Edited by ByTheTides

One Piece is my favorite series altogether. I could use many ways to describe why I love the series, but it's been a while since I actually thought about it... So I'll just say emotion. In fact, one of the most recent chapters was a fine example of how wild this series can be on emotion. (There shouldn't be any spoilery about what I'm about to post, as it's too vague): The series, in one chapter, showed what has to have been one of the most depressing flashback deaths I have ever seen, and then a few chapters later went on to showed some of the wackiest faces that have ever been shown. In fact, I'd argue that they were, by far, the most wacky faces in the entire series. lol.

The fact that One Piece can pull that off so smoothly says a lot.

My other favorite anime would be Ouran High School Host Club, Gurren Lagann. I have other favorites, I haven't watched in forever, like Trigun and Fullmetal Alchemist. A recent addition to my top favorites would be JoJo's Bizzare Adventure. Not so much Stardust Crusader's (although it's growing on me), but the 2012 anime. I really don't like series being that violent and containing vampires/zombies, but the series did everything else so well those couldn't take it down.

• Brohoof 1

It's hard to say which are my absolute favorites. "Favorites" tends to shift around based on what I'm currently watching and what I haven't watched in forever.

For the moment this is what I got:

Darker Than Black (sans second season which I haven't seen yet)

Heaven's Lost Property

Ah My Goddess

Sword Art Online

Maburaho

Shuffle!

Azumanga Daioh

Ranma 1/2

Runner-ups:

Highschool of the Dead

Pandora Hearts

Toradora

THE iDOLM@STER (unfinished)

My favorite anime is One Piece and Attack on Titan, I've got to admit that the characters keep me pretty invested where I can't wait to watch another episode.

Not that I've seen that many, but Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

I expected Oreimo... or is it not your favorite because of the Kuroneko break up...

• Brohoof 1

I expected Oreimo... or is it not your favorite because of the Kuroneko break up...

Not just that, but the whole endin in general. It's not because of what happened, but how it happened.

Never forget Fuko Ibuki. T.T

img-2742322-1-673647-clannad_36.jpg

Never forget Fuko... you jsut had to phrase it that way... really the one character who's arc centers around being forgot.

But seriously every character has their fair share of sorrow..

Kotomi:

Teddy_Bear.jpg

Yoshino:

clannad-drugs-0.jpg

Naoyuki:

C1+1.jpg

Tomoyo

CLANNAD30.jpg

Tomoya

87b05dc231985c6900ee5c2f989b183e.jpg

02%2BUshio%2Bdies.jpg

THIS SHOW IS JUST THE BIGGEST BUNDLE OF JOY IN THE WORLD!

Literal spoilers. I always ignore the last episode in Season 1 and Season 2. I think they were cop outs. I like the original ending where,

His wife dies, he forgives his dad and it is shrugged off, his kid dies, and he follows shortly after.

Calls ending of my favorite show a cop out...

*Tries containing ramblings to a coherent minimum*

Please actually read this and if I need to clarify anything I am willing to. I will go down with this show.

The "cop out" of which you speak is his wish. Remember the cat arc where he learns more about the orbs of happiness or whatever. It is specially stated that if you obtain one instead of letting it float away you get a wish. In the game the orbs of light are obtained when you correctly do something in the game. The more orbs collected, the less likely bad things happening becomes in the game's storyline. So even the original Clannad game gives the light orbs high power. Oh and his wish wasn't just make everything bad good, his wish was going to be, "I never should have meet her." He was willing to prevent her death by never falling in love and finding his own happiness. That is when the whole robot thing happens. The robot is him personified in a "world that has ended" or his own future and the girl in that world is really Ushio. He then realizes that the girl in the world was happy to have meet him and wouldn't have wanted it any other way even though it leads to her death. So then at the split second Nagisa turns to leave he switches his wish to something like, I'll take my chances I just want to try to be happy again. Even at the end he says that he won't tell Ushio about the terrible future that only he knows.

I only watch anime in the original Japanese (if I can help it) with English subtitles.

Films:

Akira

Princess Mononoke

Tekkon Kinkreet

Howl's Moving Castle

Series:

Dragon Ball Z

Outlaw Star

Darker Than Black

Death Note

One Piece

Ga-Ra-Ku-Ta: Mr. Stain on Junk Alley (watch it - parts of it will disturb you forever in a way you won't even fully comprehend)

Azumanga Daioh (yes, it's a show about schoolgirls that DON'T have magical powers or fight evil or anything like that)

Even though it wasn't mentioned in the original post, I'm gonna list manga, too lol:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Cardcaptor Sakura

xxxHOLiC

Anything that ever I read by Akira Toriyama

Yu-Gi-Oh! (Duelist)

Death Note, again xD

• Brohoof 2

1. Pokemon

2. Digimon

3. Full Metal Alchemist

4. Dragon Ball Z

ahh digimon was my *squee* back when i was younger...

i think Digimon Tamers was my favorite :P

digimon-tamers-english-dubbed-poster.png

i even had a couple of the digivices too (all the seasons...just recently bought the digimon fusion one :P this is the tamers one)

DIGIMON%20D-ARK%20VER1%20RED%20SILVER.jp

• Brohoof 1

Anybody got merch from their favorite anime? I have a Clannad Anniversary Artbook and the original visual novel for Xbox 360. No Japanese Xbox 360 though so I can't play it. The lack of Clannad stuff saddens me.

My favorite animes are High School of the Dead and Full Metal Alchemist. But I don't have enough time to watch FMA

But you had enough time to watch HotD.. Boobs out weigh storytelling... (I've watch both so yeah)

DAT OPENING THOUGH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-G-MkuXMgU

Anybody got merch from their favorite anime? I have a Clannad Anniversary Artbook and the original visual novel for Xbox 360. No Japanese Xbox 360 though so I can't play it. The lack of Clannad stuff saddens me.

OOH OOH 

ELUCIDATOR AND DARK REPULSOR from GS-Props

the_elucidator_and_the_dark_repulser_by_

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

As of last month I've finally seen enough anime to make a top 10, so I might as well throw a list together to sate my curiosity.

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion

2. Paranoia Agent

3. FLCL

4. Gunbuster

5. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

6. Gurren Lagann

7. Kill la Kill

8. Puella Magi Madoka Magica

9. Serial Experiments Lain

10. Haibane Renmei

I haven't actually finished Kill la Kill, but I've seen enough of it to make an educated guess as to where it's going to land. I also feel Cowboy Bebop should be in there, but it's been too long since my (incomplete) viewing of it, so for now I'll refrain from placing it.

Edited by Rudes
  • Brohoof 4

My top and only two are Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan.

I've only recently begun watching animes, and those are the best one's I've seen!

...SaO... *sigh* Ain't touching it. As far as animes go it seems pretty average from what I've heard. People say that it's first half is great and then it shoots itself in the foot with a nuke when the second half starts. AoT though I've watched all of and it is a true epic.

My recommendations to you are:

Code Geass 

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

• Brohoof 1