Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite anime?

DerpLeOtakuz

Anybody got merch from their favorite anime? I have a Clannad Anniversary Artbook and the original visual novel for Xbox 360. No Japanese Xbox 360 though so I can't play it. The lack of Clannad stuff saddens me.

But you had enough time to watch HotD.. Boobs out weigh storytelling... (I've watch both so yeah)

DAT OPENING THOUGH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-G-MkuXMgU

In my defense, I never thought HotD would be like that. I thought it would be killing zombies, which it is about. And after the action started, it was more of wanting to see zombies sliced in half. I didn't notice much else but blood, guns, and awesome action

• Brohoof 1

...SaO... *sigh* Ain't touching it. As far as animes go it seems pretty average from what I've heard. People say that it's first half is great and then it shoots itself in the foot with a nuke when the second half starts. AoT though I've watched all of and it is a true epic.

My recommendations to you are:

Code Geass 

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

once kirito survives Aincrad, and realizes that Asuna is still being held captive, and starts playing Alfheim...it kinda gets bland...but in a "just save her kinda way"

In my defense, I never thought HotD would be like that. I thought it would be killing zombies, which it is about. And after the action started, it was more of wanting to see zombies sliced in half. I didn't notice much else but blood, guns, and awesome action

But this is sooo *squee* hilarious and awesome!! she seemed to enjoy it (heheh) 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Man, if we wanna count manga as well then my list just got a whole lot bigger. Back when I was a teenager I used to read manga from the library aaaaall the friggin' time. I can't even remember half the titles of the ones I've read. lol

Probably my favorite manga of all time:

Jing: King of Bandits

Chibi Vampire

Dragon Knights

Vampire Game

Boys:Be

PhD Phantasy Degree (manwha)

Yureka/ID_Entity (manwha)

Ragnarok (manwha)

Rebirth (manwha)

Tower of God (manwha)

God of High School (manwha)

The Breaker (manwha)

Change 123

Inumimi

Hana-Kimi

Real Bout High School

Chrono Crusade

....To name a few. I can't even remember most of the ones I've read. LOL

Yes, I love manwha. Shut up. Korean comic artists are amazing. :lol:

A lot of the ones I just mentioned I either never finished or weren't done when I last read them, particularly the manwha. I dunno if that's a manwha thing or I just happened to pick the worst ones but they had a tendency to just kinda...stop working on them for whatever reason. At least in Ragnarok's case I know why even if I don't approve cuz the manwha was amazing.

These are the manga whose anime I've also seen:

The Vision of Escaflowne

Ranma 1/2

D.N.Angel

D. Gray-man

Azumanga Daioh

(edited)

OOH OOH 

ELUCIDATOR AND DARK REPULSOR from GS-Props

the_elucidator_and_the_dark_repulser_by_

That is so legit it ain't even funny. I would love to have those. <3

...SaO... *sigh* Ain't touching it. As far as animes go it seems pretty average from what I've heard. People say that it's first half is great and then it shoots itself in the foot with a nuke when the second half starts. AoT though I've watched all of and it is a true epic.

My recommendations to you are:

Code Geass 

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

I didn't find Sword Art Online bland in the slightest. They used a couple of unnecessary tropes but the action scenes were amazing. I was on the edge of my seat during the boss fights. So intense.

You know how a lot of anime do their action through still images and slow-motion so battles take longer? SAO cuts out all the bullshit. Battles can be pretty quick-paced and over before you know it but it's because of this that they are so great. Fluid animations and you can feel the desperation in Kirito's actions. Hit after hit, it's almost like watching an actual fight.

And the second half is just as good as the first half imo. It was a strange transition for sure but the intensity of the action never lets up, the music and visuals are as beautiful as ever and the story comes to an ultimate head right at the end. I honestly can't wait for the second series.

One of the things I loved about SAO was that the main character knew what he was doing. I hate when anime have protagonists that are idiots or make fools of themselves all the fecking time. I wouldn't mind it in certain anime but in an anime like SAO they needed a main character who was actually badass and they delivered.

Edited by Discordian

All time favorite? Sakura Cardcaptors, but I've got different series in my favorite anime list.

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Saint Seiya

Mazinger Z

Black Lagoon

Definite anime for the Shonen enthusiast:

Hokuto no Ken

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

But this is sooo *squee* hilarious and awesome!! she seemed to enjoy it (heheh) 

The scene where the bullet passes between her boobs....

A guy actually calculated that her boobs had to be... let's call it flapping... over the speed of sound for that to have actually worked...

<>

Yo seem well versed in the SaO knowledge, do they ever explain how you die irl if you die in the game? Also what if the people starve while playing the game?  I mean it isn't like they're going to be a massive online rpg in like 2 days, their bodies would begin to deteriorate right?

• Brohoof 1

While there are tons of great ones out there.

I have to go with case closed, fantastic anime and manga.

I'm learning Japanese just so I can watch the latest seasons as its exclusive to japan

Yo seem well versed in the SaO knowledge, do they ever explain how you die irl if you die in the game? Also what if the people starve while playing the game?  I mean it isn't like they're going to be a massive online rpg in like 2 days, their bodies would begin to deteriorate right?

Basically the headgear they use to play the game acts like a microwave emitter. so if someone were to try to remove it the device probably has a sensor to detect movement, and proceeds to fry the wearers brain...least thats what i got from the anime, cause its kind of explained in the first episode. and most players were transported to hospitals and basically deemed in a coma, so they treated them as if they were, using IV's to provide nutrients and the like. the players suffered a lot of muscular deterioration though and some weight loss, but they were able to survive due to being in a hospital (the headgear also has an internal battery so if someone outside were to unplug the headgear, the device would still work)

• Brohoof 2

My favorites include;

- Dragon Ball Z.

- Hellsing Ultimate.

- Digimon.

- Kirby of the Stars.

- Transformers: Armada/Energon/Cybertron.

With the exception of Transformers (where I prefer the Norwegian dub), I watch them in English.

There are several others that I'm interested to watch. Including;

- Code Geass.

- Gurren Lagan.

- Sword Art Online.

- Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

- Attack On Titan.

• Brohoof 1

- Kirby of the Stars.

There are several others that I'm interested to watch. Including;

- Code Geass.

- Gurren Lagan.

- Sword Art Online.

- Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

- Attack On Titan.

1. Hell yeah somebody who knows what Kirby of the Stars is!

2. Reading over your watch later list all I have to say is DO EET!

Basically the headgear they use to play the game acts like a microwave emitter. so if someone were to try to remove it the device probably has a sensor to detect movement, and proceeds to fry the wearers brain...least thats what i got from the anime, cause its kind of explained in the first episode. and most players were transported to hospitals and basically deemed in a coma, so they treated them as if they were, using IV's to provide nutrients and the like. the players suffered a lot of muscular deterioration though and some weight loss, but they were able to survive due to being in a hospital (the headgear also has an internal battery so if someone outside were to unplug the headgear, the device would still work)

Thank you for clarifying that.

(edited)

anytime, haha it is kinda explained in the first episode but i tend to go way into detail 

Edited by Aeron-Quillson

I don't like anime, they sux!

"look around"
"forever alone"
"cries in a corner"

The animes always end up doing some kind of fanservice, and they repulse me like the plague. No offense if you like this lol.

It would seem all has been cleared up for me. <.< >.>

But yeah, there's some points where I wasn't sure how well they would explain those things but by the end they did explain it all. Hell, when Kirito finally gets out of the game he is actually super skinny, with long hair, a gaunt-looking face...he doesn't just get up and go. He could barely stand. It was a nice touch.

I don't like anime, they sux!

"look around"

"forever alone"

"cries in a corner"

The animes always end up doing some kind of fanservice, and they repulse me like the plague. No offense if you like this lol.

There are anime without fanservice. Tropes and stereotypes are actually much harder to avoid than fanservice is usually though on occasion you might have to deal with a single scene or episode with a little bit of it for comedy's sake.

i hear their making a reboot

I know!!! *internal fanboying*

I love how it is more like the manga's art style.

I totally did not just go on a whim and make my entire profile based off Sailor Mercury...

As a giddy little kid who knew nothing about the horrors of society

1. Digimon Tamers (Impmon is sooo cooool! Beelzemon? Even cooler!)

2. Dragonball Z (Jaw-dropping fights!)

3. Pokemon - Indigo League - Orange Islands - Johto Journeys (Blue, Red, Yellow, SIlver, and Gold!)

As whatever comes in between

1. Death Note (God of a new world!)

2. Code Geass (Zero and The Black Knights)

3. Hellsing Ultimate (Best animation I had seen at the time)

4. Steins; Gate (Time travel and different time lines!)

As an older person scarred by the world and its inhabitants

1. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni - Kai - Rei (Favorite anime of all time)

2. Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Space Epic)

3. Monster (Psychological Epic)

4. Gintama (Comedy at its finest - with the occasional serious arc)

I like anime and I haven't watched as many as most of you but my favorites are some that I don't think any of you have posted here. I like Aria the Anime (Animation and Natural I've seen). I like Kodomo no Omocha (love Sana!!). I like Fruits Basket. Lucky Star is also a decent anime.

(edited)

I have a lot of favorites, and I can't really pick a favorite.  I'm just not good at doing that, lol. Anyway, here goes nothing: 

Aria (the entire series)

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Elfen Lied

High School DxD

K-ON!

Kara no Kyoukai (all seven movies)

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Spice and Wolf

Seitokai Yakuindomo

Shiki

Shinsekai Yori

Yuyushiki

Just for the hell of it, I'll list some hentai that I love to death too: 

Kuroinu: Kedakaki Seijo wa Hakudaku ni Somaru 

Bible Black

Bible Black: Only

Bible Black: Origins

Bible Black: New Testament

Kangoku Senkan

Anejiru 2

Oh, I forgot to add.   I hate English dubs.   I'd much prefer to read subtitles.   

Edited by ~Asuka <3~