Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would volumes be good if I don't own any comics?

Twila Starshimmer

Hi, all!

Though I'm not new to the show, I am new to the merchandise, and realized that many comic singles have been made into volumes at this point.

Since I don't currently own any, should I go for the volumes? The covers seem really cute for the volumes--even though I wouldn't get to choose which cover for which comic, I think it might be cheaper than getting them separately?

Or am I wrong?

Thanks!biggrin.png

Collections/Volumes are probably cheaper, they should be atleast. I do also like the covers on the magazines.

A good option would obviously be to just buy the volumes, and buy one/ a few comics that you like the covers of, for collecting purposes.

Or, you can buy all in comic book form, for collecitng purposes derpy_emoticon1.png derpy_emoticon2.png

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I like to buy them individually. I try to collect the covers for each one, though that means buying multiples of the same comic. I also keep one for reading and store the others vertically in mylar bags to protect them from deterioration. It's all personal choice, really. I'm a collector, so although I like to read them, my primary focus is on collecting the various covers and archiving them. If you just want to read them and get the most for your money, volumes would probably be the way to go. You could always buy individual comics later if you want.

• Brohoof 1

For me, I like the individual comics because I like the idea of having a complete collection of them, but then again I've been buying them from the start locally so price wasn't an issue.

If money is an issue, I'd say just getting the volumes(or trades as comic fans call the compilations) would be cheaper and easier than trying to hunt down all 21 of the currently released comics individually. 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the volumes because I didn't know where to get the individual comics online. 

I really like them, they seem sturdy, cheaper and have all the main covers inside as well.

I don't think it would be a bad purchase unless you want the issues with different covers.

Going for the Volumes and not the individual comics is just fine. Especially on amazon where they come out to be cheaper than buying individually for the most part. Not to mention if you want to collect you won't have to worry about as many issues all over the place.

--------------

*NOTE*

Anyone who ganders into this thread I want to add that currently the Digital Kindle Versions of all the single issue comics including the new ones are 1.99 which is a great price to grab them at. Especially if you don't mind the digital format.

I was collecting them physically for awhile but it's just been a pain to keep up with the releases even with the online retailers.

• 3 weeks later...

If your willing to collect the comics individually, you can buy them if you want. But, if you're going to buy the volumes you can be able to have all of the comics that you want in one volume.

• 3 weeks later...

Expends how much your gonna read them when I read deadpool comics I buy volumes because I don't get a chance to buy the new ones whenever they come out but for stuff I read a lot like wolverine I always buy individually just to keep up so to answer your question simply: yes