Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Murderers Among Us

GameytheGeemer

@,

(I don't think you understand. Chain Mail basically shot himself at Kel like a magical bullet right at the core)

"Well, this is odd." the really epic soldier said as his body bullet thing hit the transforming robot's chest. "Now, let's see what I can do to a transforming robot."

(I don't see why you would transform when you had a person being shot at your robot.)

@@GameytheGeemer

(I understood, Kel transformed his hands into blades to try and punch through your shield that you're ramming with as well as protect him)

Kel recoiled in shock as his defense was broken and he was sent flying backwards. His feet skidded across the roof, grabbing purchase of it and slowing him down. He clutched the damaged armor on his chest.

"D-damn it!" Kel growled before lashing out with his tentacles and grabbing Chain Mail. The extra energy would help accelerate his healing

@@GameytheGeemer, @

Shadow Strike could have ran away then and there, leaving Chain Mail behind. But... I couldn't do that. I have to be the better pony. I will not leave him behind to die, regardless of who he is or what he's done. Sometimes we all have to show a little kindness.

She jumped onto Kel's tentacle and grabbed hold of Chain Mail, before teleporting the two of them onto the roof of a building, where she let go of him.

Edited by EmeraldStreak

@@Doc. Volt, (I'll probably have her escape in the next post.)

Cheeky cringed as the stallion's voice rose. She didn't have an answer for him. The only names she knew her mother and father by were just that, "Mommy and daddy..." 

When she cringed, her hooves let go of the stallion's. Now the two from before were starting to carry her away. She struggled against them, but at the moment it seemed like she wasn't going any where. 

She looked in front of her and could see a door with the thick, red liquid that she would see when ever she was cut. "Bl...Blood? What are you..."

@,@

"You'd make a better serial killer than the rest of this rabble in this city. If only because you have a sense of ethics." Chain Mail said. "You just haven't found the right motivation yet." He said, teleporting them 3/4 of the way across the city.

"And then you'll see what I do for what it truly is." He added, leaving her on a cliffhanger about what it was he was talking about.

Kel snarled as the unicorns teleported away and stopped channeling energy into his core. There was no need to waste energy on healing at this point. Tearing off a small chunk of himself, Kel ordered the chunk to take the harvested energy back to the factory while he tracked the unicorns. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Maaebjan grinned as he saw Chain Mail and another pony appear near him. Maaebjan swung his sword, letting the blade of energy swing past.

@@GameytheGeemer@,

@,

Chain Mail didn't even flinch as he just split the energy blast in half, cutting his face into a demented smile.

"Between the two of you, I pick neither." He said as he stabbed his sword down where the asshole was. "Today has been a MAJOR disaster. DIE!" He said in pure frustration mixed with rage. 

@,

And as soon as his jaw clamped down he was met with a blade through the face. If he tried to use portals to dodge, the blade would go through the portal as well.

"Like I said, don't fucking mess with a god damned soldier." He said, the shock alone should have at LEAST knocked him unconscious if not dead.

"Now," He said to Storm Shadow as he kicked the limp body off of him and started burning the area with magic. "Where were we?" He asked, stitching up the wound.

@@Doc. Volt, (I'll probably have her escape in the next post.)

Cheeky cringed as the stallion's voice rose. She didn't have an answer for him. The only names she knew her mother and father by were just that, "Mommy and daddy..." 

When she cringed, her hooves let go of the stallion's. Now the two from before were starting to carry her away. She struggled against them, but at the moment it seemed like she wasn't going any where. 

She looked in front of her and could see a door with the thick, red liquid that she would see when ever she was cut. "Bl...Blood? What are you..."

"bah she can't even speak!!! worthless piece of meat! trash like you ruins the harmony of the flock!"

"oh and by the way Sissy.. that's not blood... it is tons of help you can give to your country... you like the idea? You are going to do right now... ahahahah! "

The little filly was dragge in a room filled with others little ponies... all pegasus..

@,

And as soon as his jaw clamped down he was met with a blade through the face. If he tried to use portals to dodge, the blade would go through the portal as well.

"Like I said, don't fucking mess with a god damned soldier." He said, the shock alone should have at LEAST knocked him unconscious if not dead.

"Now," He said to Storm Shadow as he kicked the limp body off of him and started burning the area with magic. "Where were we?" He asked, stitching up the wound.

Maaebjan shook his head, getting up quicker than many. Well, that had been odd. He hated the fact that his defenses were crap, pain was fine but getting knocked out all the time pissed him off! 

Maaebjan kicked out with his hoof, knocking Chain over before teleporting off to another building

(edited)

Chain Mail didn't quite fall over. He did go into the air, but he stayed there. "I will kill him before the week is done." He muttered to himself.

"So, I ask once more. Where were we?" He asked, still floating in the air. "I take it that you had some kind of mission, and since this counts as a last wish, I do have to provide." He said. "And you're on a fairly good track of getting my to let you live. Granted, there will be a catastrophe along the way. One that will more than likely change how you feel about what it is that I do." He added.

@

Edited by GameytheGeemer

@@GameytheGeemer,

"Well, the robot thing is probably tracking us. I think it can only track magic, such as teleportation. So, I don't know about you, but I intend to walk for a while. Granted, it probably isn't the best idea in this town. But currently it's all I can think of." Shadow Strike said. She started walking down the nearest alley. It was rather narrow and very dark. But Kel probably wouldn't go that way.

@,

"By Celestia it's simple little mistakes like that that get ponies killed. I agree that it can only track via magic, and that walking is the best idea. Unless you have a clear cut destination it is anyway. But why would you walk into an alley like that." He scorned. "Keeping you alive until you fall into the trap of this city is somewhat important, but it's like you're trying to kill yourself." He added, his voice as serious as it was during war.

"Now, what exactly is it that you want to see, like I said, I know this city like the back of my hoof." He said after a moments pause. "And that alley doesn't lead to any KNOWN murderer, but probably a half a dozen small time killers without purpose."

@@GameytheGeemer,

"Well, yes. But he wouldn't expect us to go this way. If you want to go a different way, fine. I am going this way." Shadow Strike said. She continued walking down the alley without meeting any ponies. Within five minutes, she'd reached the end of the alley. She was in what looked like a park. Dear Celestia I'm exhausted. She could feel herself falling asleep. She climed onto a willow tree branch. Levitating some form of chain, she tied herself to the tree, making sure that it was tight. That way she wouldn't fall out and, more importantly, Nopony could pull her out the tree without waking her up. Shadow Strkie fell asleep rather quickly.

@,

"Really? In a town of murderers, rapists, thieves and criminals 30 times as bad as Los Pegasus, you're just going to tie yourself to a tree in a field." He said, realising she was asleep. To combat that he pulled out his gun and shot her prosthetic leg. "Trust me on this, but anypony else would have eaten you for breakfast. In most cases quite literally given the time of night. It's safer in an inn. At least there there is only limited access ways, so it's a LOT harder to get snuck up on." He said, ready to undo the chain at anymoment, but keeping his gun trained on the surrounding darkness.

"Also, when I said half a dozen, that was assuming you waited until day for something like this crap. At night there can be dozens, up to a hundred on a bad night with all the gangs that meet here and all." He added. "Based on your absolutely suicidal actions, I'd say you are still REALLY green behind the ears."

@@GameytheGeemer,

"Sorry," she mumbled hopping onto the ground. "I'm not really with it at the moment." With that she sat down to think. So, I need to stay awake. I don't get it though, normally I'm fine with the night jobs. Hmm...maybe it's just this town. She thought. She shook her head and quietly began to trot off again, this time with a decent sense of direction. There must be an inn close by, or some form of shop.

@,

"Let me guess, you're mission is to observe all the big serial killers in this god forsaken town? I may have a place that can work out for the better. I'm not 100% sure, but I've had suspicions of it being a killer known as the Dress Maker's BoO (base of operations). Better to sleep with a viper you know is there than a spider you don't." He said, seeing if it peaked her interest, or at least trying before about 12 or so armed men jumped them, knives in their mouth. One of the ones that went strait for Storm Shadow was met with a bullet through his skull. 

@@GameytheGeemer,

Shadow Strike blasted several of the other ponies in the head, knocking them out. There was only one pony left, that was coming straight at her. In a moment of panic, she ran forwards and stabbed the pony with her horn. "Dear Celestia, I was not expecting that." She said, calming down, "So, what did you mean by that?"

She wiped the blood off her horn and then onto the ground in disgust.

@,

"I mean that it's better to be in a place where you know who and or what is going to come out and try and kill you than where you don't know what it is that will do you in." He said, standing atop of 5 bodies. "And if you need to tour the cities crime life, it's a fairly good place to start. Granted, almost everypony here would slit your throat for about a cent, so you'll never meet all of them." He added, walking off in the direction of the dress shop. 

@@GameytheGeemer,

Almost everypony. She thought. She followed Chain Mail. I hope the owner of the dress shop didn't take my sudden disappearing to heart. Wait…the shop owner…she was in the pub. Shadow Strike shook her head. Everything was making sense now…except for one thing. Why hadn't Chain Mail attacked her yet? There had been several opportunities after all. When she was with Kel, during the fight, when she went down the alley, whilst she was asleep and just then, when the ponies jumped out. He could have let the pony kill her--And yet he didn't. She thought, curiously.

• Brohoof 1

@

"I take it by your silence that you are piecing together that you don't have all the information. Namely why I'm helping you and more importantly, why I've saved you a good two times now. Let's just say, you're the first person since I came to this destitute town that's had a deep enough connection to life to even WANT to break free from the operating table. That warrants more than a chance to finish up what it is that you are doing, and live. Not just settle like the bottom feeders in this city." He said, when ever he was talking about the people of the city his voice showed clear contempt at them. 

@@GameytheGeemer,

"Um, thanks?" Shadow Strike replied, not really knowing what to say. She looked up at the sky and saw a thin orange streak on the horizon. Sunrise. I hope Celestia raises the sun quickly, I don't paticularly want to walk around in the dark for much longer in this town. She thought. She levitated a rock. It had a sharp point on it and a…blood stain. She dropped it in surprise and started walking backwards from it. She then tripped on another stone and made a loud crash. Shadow Strike had a large cut on her front left hoof, which was bleeding steadily. "What a great start to the day," she muttered, attempting to stand.

@

"Hardly the worst of ways to start the day at the least." He said, realizing that they were at the very top hill of the city. "And might I welcome you to the city of Hoovesdale, where I take it you'll be staying for an extended period. City of eternal gloom and crime, otherwise known as Tartarus in Equestria. I hope you enjoy the ever so brief ray of light. It may honestly be the last one you'll see all year. After all, we have almost constant overcast, the weather pegasi are just taking longer than average to bring it out. As I said, I take it that you'll be living here for quite a while." He spoke, being usually overdramatic, but in this case still accurate to the point of 'All hope is dead here, welcome to hell.' that the city really is. 

@@GameytheGeemer,

"Huh, sounds like a wonderful place." Shadow Strike said, "Although I'd much rather be back at home. Taken over the bookstore." On the plus side, her hoof had stopped bleeding. "Shall we get going then?" She asked. Shadow Strike got to her feet and looked at the town. In the light, it didn't look to bad. Although the weather pegasi were already on the move, so it wouldn't last long. She heard purring behind her. She saw that it was her cat. With a letter in his mouth. It was from one of the other agents, asking if she needed any help or reinforcements. Using the attached pen, she wrote back:

No, everything is under control.

She hesitated before adding;

I haven't met anypony suspicious yet, however I will keep searching.

Shadow Strike gave it back to the cat and watched as it bounced off. "Some ponies use dragons for letters, but we find cats draw less attention." She said to nopony in paticular.